number8
09-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Uh, and Flea is in it.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/index.php?a=505

Derek
09-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Uh, and Flea is in it.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/index.php?a=505

Fuck yeah, I'm all over that Sunday night show. Major rep for pointing this out before tickets go on sale.

Derek
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Scored tickets for the Monday night show. Pretty psyched since I've failed miserably in every attempt to see Radiohead live, so this might be as close as I get. Ticketmaster can go fuck themselves sideways in my opinion.

Acapelli
09-30-2009, 11:44 PM

we don't really have a name and the set will not be very long cuz ..well ...we haven't got that much material yet! but we'll still charge you $50

Acapelli
09-30-2009, 11:45 PM
also, i stole that joke

Derek
09-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Funny. :) Though they do have The Eraser and the few songs Yorke wrote since In Rainbows to work from, which is enough for me. I'll be perfectly happy if they play an hour.

What I do mind is forking out $94 for tickets only to have Ticketmaster fuck me over with over $30 in fees for a paperless concert with no tickets.

Justin
10-01-2009, 12:44 AM
I guess this is the indie Chickenfoot?

Derek
10-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Pretty awesome show, definitely exceeded my expectations. My first time at the Orpheum Theatre and it really was the perfect venue. We were 8 rows up in the balcony and couldn't have been more than 200 feet from the stage. Incredible acoustics so the set sounded fantastic and my god, was it great with the second percussionist. The stage/lighting were pretty minimal, which was perfect for such an intimate show. They played for over an hour and a half with as much, maybe even slightly more, new material than tunes from The Eraser. The Eraser stuff sounded universally better live, benefiting from a full band to fully flesh them out. A couple of the new songs were just okay, but several were flat-out incredible and the rest all really solid. Weird seeing Flea with a shirt/pants on, but he did bring a great energy to the stage and his bass playing was more restrained, only occasionally coming off as a bit too flashy for the song. Overall, it was definitely worth the pricey ticket b/c they really had their shit together despite the tone of Thom's blog post.

Adam
10-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Hmmm, very off topic, but I've been to two Orpheum Theatres and neither one of them is the one you're talking about. I saw Lupe Fiasco at the charming, but kind of shabby Orpheum in Flagstaff a few years ago. And I've been to the one in Boston numerous times, most recently to see Louis CK on St Paddy's Day weekend. The great thing about the one in Boston is that it's so old, when you're standing in a packed house on the balcony, you feel the whole thing sway and creak underneath you. That balcony's gonna fall and kill a hundred people one day and it's going to be the most ridiculously preventable tragedy in the history of tragedies. Good times, though. Is the one in SoCal really all that wonderful?

angrycinephile
10-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Speaking of Thom Yorke... is it true that he's writing a song for the Twilight: New Moon soundtrack?

Seriously, wat up wit dat?

number8
10-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Yes, it's true.

Lame as it is, I can actually see him being a Twilight fan.

Ezee E
10-09-2009, 01:27 AM
It's not that bad of a lineup for a soundtrack actually.

Derek
10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Is the one in SoCal really all that wonderful?

No, just a cool setting for that kind of show and nice because the balcony seats are closer to the stage than the LA venues I've been to. The inside was refurbished, but they kept the original wallpaper/decor so it had a nice look to it. And fortunately, the building wasn't about to crumble.