PDA

View Full Version : Beatles Remasters

ledfloyd
09-05-2009, 12:18 AM
these have started to surface, and i've scooped a few up. i ABed the new stereo remaster of abbey road with the CD version i own. the difference is unreal. it's almost like hearing it again for the first time.

here's a pretty good review and comparison of the different mixes (http://www.tonepublications.com/music/beatles-box-in-stereo-and-mono/)

Raiders
09-05-2009, 03:27 AM
I missed the chance to pre-order the stereo box set on Amazon but I signed up to be immediately notified when more become available. They took the price down. Anyone know what it was?

ledfloyd
09-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I missed the chance to pre-order the stereo box set on Amazon but I signed up to be immediately notified when more become available. They took the price down. Anyone know what it was?
i think it lists for ~210, but i'm not sure what amazon was selling it at.

i'm really excited to hear the mono mixes of the early albums. i don't like the way some of the stereo mixes are with vocals only in one ear. still, the stereo remaster of revolver sounds alot better than the current CD.

EyesWideOpen
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM

I preordered it from amazon, the price is/was $179.

Milky Joe
09-07-2009, 01:49 AM
You know, I didn't think it was possible to make Revolver sound better... and it turns out it isn't. It just sounds different.

ledfloyd
09-07-2009, 06:59 AM
You know, I didn't think it was possible to make Revolver sound better... and it turns out it isn't. It just sounds different.
i don't agree. the mix is the same. the bass is deeper the highs are crisper and everything is clearer. it's not as muddled as the 87 master was.