PDA

View Full Version : Brief Interviews with Hideous Men (John Krasinski)

Milky Joe
12-05-2008, 11:27 PM
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/12/krasinski-adapt.html

John Krasinski, best known for playing laid-back TV lothario Jim Halpert on NBC sitcom The Office, is getting serious.

In January, Krasinski (pictured) makes his directorial debut at Sundance Film Festival with Brief Interviews With Hideous Men, which he adapted from the novel by the late David Foster Wallace.

The film follows a doctoral candidate in anthropology (Julianne Nicholson) who interviews men as research to understand why her boyfriend left her. Timothy Hutton, Dominic Cooper and Krasinski co-star.

"This is the definition of a passion project," Krasinski told Wired.com. "Whether it was with some of my friends in my basement or onstage in a restaurant in New York, I was going to do it somehow, and I was lucky enough to get it done as a feature film."

Krasinski came across Brief Interviews while studying English at Brown University. "I just fell in love with the book and was asked to do a staged reading of it," he says.

After moving to Los Angeles and landing The Office, Krasinski acquired the rights to the book. "The only thing I'm terrified of now is David Foster Wallace fans," he says. "I hope I do him justice."

To the extent that it is even possible, I'm sure you've done a fine job, Jim. I mean John.

Amnesiac
12-06-2008, 08:30 PM
John Krasinski, best known for playing laid-back TV lothario Jim Halpert on NBC sitcom The Office, is getting serious.

Lothario? Hm...

"Allusive use of the name of one of the characters in Rowe's Fair Penitent: often qualified by gay. The name had previously been used for a somewhat similar character by Davenant in his Cruel Brother 1630. A libertine, gay deceiver, rake."

or

"Lothario |lōˈθe(ə)rēˌō; -ˈθär-|
noun ( pl. -ios)
a man who behaves selfishly and irresponsibly in his sexual relationships with women"

Doesn't really sound like Jim.

B-side
09-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Trailer. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/briefinterviewswithhideousmen/)

John Krasinski's directorial debut. Not bad.

Kurosawa Fan
09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Very promising cast. Consider me interested.