PDA

View Full Version : Holy shit, the Seattle area is washing away...

D_Davis
12-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Record rain fall. Some areas got over 7 inches in 12 hours. Water is coming up from manholes in the street, mudslides, 80 mph winds...it's like Waterworld here.

My basement/hang out is flooded, a couple dozen books had to be thrown out. :(

This really sucks!

D_Davis
12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
This thread has nothing to do with music, by the way. :lol:

Watashi
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Didn't it just snow over there?

Ah, I miss Seattle and its nonstop rain.

Cult
12-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Yep, it's pretty bad here too, rain-wise. Some stereotypes are just very true. (I'm on Vancouver Island). I'm on the 2nd floor of an apartment building though, so I don't have to worry about being flooded... I hope.

D_Davis
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Didn't it just snow over there?

Ah, I miss Seattle and its nonstop rain.

Yeah - we got 6 inches of snow on Saturday, then it start raining on Sunday, and it hasn't stopped. It's a down poor. So in addition to all the melting snow, we are getting dumped on with rain. And it doesn't look like it is going to stop anytime soon.

We had the worst storm in 30 years last year, and they say this one is even worse.

D_Davis
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I think I want to move to Death Valley.

MadMan
12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Record rain fall. Some areas got over 7 inches in 12 hours. Water is coming up from manholes in the street, mudslides, 80 mph winds...it's like Waterworld here.

My basement/hang out is flooded, a couple dozen books had to be thrown out. :(

This really sucks!So your now Kevin Costner? Watch out for Dennis Hopper and the sea pirates ;)

7 inches in 12 hours? That's just crazy.

D_Davis
12-03-2007, 08:50 PM
So your now Kevin Costner? Watch out for Dennis Hopper and the sea pirates ;)

7 inches in 12 hours? That's just crazy.

Yeah - that city now has 9 inches of rain, in less than 1 day. Holy crap.

My basement has gotten worse :(

And I'm joining the Smokers, those guys are way cooler than Costner.

DavidSeven
12-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, the rain has been pretty insane. It's like an East Coast rain storm, but it's ALL DAY. I feel for anyone that has to suffer through the commute today.