PDA

View Full Version : Big Fan

Watashi
07-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Trailer (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/06/big-fan-movie-trailer/)

Been waiting for this one for quite awhile.

Trailer looks okay, but Patton looks great in it.

Ezee E
07-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Ugh. Looks awful.

Ezee E
07-07-2009, 05:11 AM
This IMDB review is priceless:

for a Comedy it was very different.
for a Drama..it was very different.

The movie had awesome acting from Oswalt and Corrigan. Robert Siegel also pulled off some great directing for a low-budget movie.
The plot was interesting because, most people are a BIG FAN of something or someone..and seeing a situation like this is very odd but fun to watch.

Still theres no trailer, yet ive seen the movie..but i actually want to go again when it HOPEFULLY plays around here because my friends would love it.

Its at times maybe slow, but realistic at the same time. I dont mean slow as in boring, its just not a lot happening but still great chemistry between everyone.

The ending is masterfull somehow..and one scene had my audience going "OH NO...OMG" and then the outcome was "HAHAHAHHAHAHAA OMG THATS THE BEST". i will NOT get into what happens because its a huge scene that gives the movie a lot lol.

Some people might even hate this movie, but personally it was amazing because it used comedy and dramatic acting very well..from a comedian that never seemed like the type to pull off a drama. So in this case, he does it while being hilarious at the same time.

Wryan
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Looks good to me. I'd see it.

B-side
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm tempted to say it looks good. Got some reservations, though. Not sure how well Oswalt can pull off dramatic.

Lasse
07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Looks really good, and it looks like another good comedian-turns-serious role.

chrisnu
07-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh, ok. Robert D. Siegel, the writer of The Wrestler. At first, I thought they were talking about the NPR host. :)

The trailer is just OK, but think that the movie may be more interesting than the trailer.

Kurosawa Fan
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh, ok. Robert D. Siegel, the writer of The Wrestler. At first, I thought they were talking about the NPR host. :)

Ew. That's unfortunate.

Benny Profane
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Saw the trailer for this last night in the theater, and I'm pretty sure it gave the entire film away. Dammit.

megladon8
08-05-2009, 12:03 AM
A new film written and directed by Robert Siegel, who wrote The Wrestler.

Trailer here. (http://movies.apple.com/movies/independent/bigfan/bigfan_480p.mov)

Stars Patton Oswalt as a rabid NY Giants fan who is beaten up by his favorite player, and has trouble with the idea of seeking legal action against his hero.

I think it looks like it could be quite good. I never imagined Patton Oswalt in a role like this, but there seem to be many reviewers raining accolades over him.

I can tell it'll certainly be a downer.

number8
08-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Meeeeeeerge.

http://www.match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=2244

megladon8
08-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Aw damnit.

The "Search" feature f-ing sucks.

Ezee E
08-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Advanced Search works pretty well.

megladon8
08-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Advanced Search works pretty well.

Eh, I was in Upcoming Films, I searched for "Big Fan" and it had no results.

So I assumed it was safe.

Winston*
08-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Eh, I was in Upcoming Films, I searched for "Big Fan" and it had no results.

So I assumed it was safe.

Terms have to be at least 4 letters.