PDA

View Full Version : megladon8's (not so) Secret Santa!

megladon8
12-01-2007, 11:23 PM
My 100 worst things in the world kind of fell through because - to be honest - while compiling the list I was getting incredibly angry, and I didn't think it would be too good to end up writing pages and pages about why I hate Bill O'Reilly.

So instead I came up with another, more festive idea.

The scenario is this:

I have won the ultimate lottery of the universe. I now have unlimited funds, and can buy anything I want, so I am choosing to share my wealth with the citizens of Match Cut, and purchase each of you something for Christmas which I think you would greatly appreciate.

I'll post like one or two a day - which, of course, will turn into "one whenever I get a chance".

My first gift is for my good friend Daniel_Davis, and will be posted shortly.

Kurosawa Fan
12-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Cool idea for a thread. I think about this often. That is, what I'd do with the money if I won the lottery, and I always end up thinking about who I'd give it to and what I'd get for certain people. I'm boring, and would put a good chunk away and live of the interest, and the rest I'd distribute to my loved ones.

megladon8
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Cool idea for a thread. I think about this often. That is, what I'd do with the money if I won the lottery, and I always end up thinking about who I'd give it to and what I'd get for certain people. I'm boring, and would put a good chunk away and live of the interest, and the rest I'd distribute to my loved ones.

Is it strange of me that I would derive MUCH more joy from buying things for others than splurging on stuff for myself?

Seriously, I would find it much more fun to buy you, your wife and kids a private island in the Bahamas then to buy myself like 30 luxury vehicles and a mansion.

I find giving to be a much better feeling than receiving or buying things for myself.

Watashi
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
If I ever won a substantional amount of money through the lottery, I'd give it all to Brad Bird to fund an Incredibles trilogy and possibly a Grim Fandango adaptation.

Sycophant
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I would spend so much of my money on making movies. And I'd probably get into distribution, just for kicks.

I'd also enjoy giving to causes and such.

Kurosawa Fan
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Is it strange of me that I would derive MUCH more joy from buying things for others than splurging on stuff for myself?

Seriously, I would find it much more fun to buy you, your wife and kids a private island in the Bahamas then to buy myself like 30 luxury vehicles and a mansion.

I find giving to be a much better feeling than receiving or buying things for myself.

Nope, I'm exactly the same. As I said, I'd make sure that myself and my kids were set financially for life, and after that I'd spend it all on everyone around me that I cared about. It's much more satisfying.

megladon8
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I would spend so much of my money on making movies. And I'd probably get into distribution, just for kicks.

I'd also enjoy giving to causes and such.

Yes, I think the one thing I would buy for myself would be the equipment needed to actually make a film.

I just find the process of capturing an idea on film to be so envigorating and rewarding. Even just filming the small documentary I did this year about an animal shelter was a really great time.

Ezee E
12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm not going to lie. I'd spend a ton of money on myself.

I'd also help fund the fire department I work for, volunteer there for life, and buy myself a nice place to live.

Among other things.

Winston*
12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
There are many things I could think of to do with an incredible amount of money, buying KF an island is not one of them.

megladon8
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
There are many things I could think of to do with an incredible amount of money, buying KF an island is not one of them.

If you had unlimited funds, you wouldn't buy KF an island?

I'd buy everyone on here an island :D I'd hand out islands on the side of the street.

"Hey kid! You want an island? Here ya go!"

Winston*
12-01-2007, 11:34 PM

I wouldn't trust KF with an island

megladon8
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM

:P

"First the island...then...THE WORLD!"

Ezee E
12-01-2007, 11:36 PM

I'd buy everyone on here an island :D I'd hand out islands on the side of the street.

"Hey kid! You want an island? Here ya go!"
Give me Australia. All of it.

Kurosawa Fan
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
:|

Guess who's not invited to my future private island?

Ezee E
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM

This is how war begins.

And we can blame it on meg.

megladon8
12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Give me Australia. All of it.

Sorry, Zod already gave that one away.

*get it? anyone?*

Winston*
12-01-2007, 11:41 PM

Danny Huston?

/obvious

Kurosawa Fan
12-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Danny Huston?

/obvious

I think a private island is the only place I'd feel safe from Danny Huston and his plethora of references.

Ezee E
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I think a private island is the only place I'd feel safe from Danny Huston and his plethora of references.
You won't find him.

He'll find you.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/Movies/Actors4/Huston_HG0009593_150x200.jpg

megladon8
12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa Meg here with the first present for this holiday season.

Since D_Davis has been a good little ninja, I've decided to give him something he will reflect on for the rest of his life. A full day and night out with...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/megladon8/dmo1.jpg

Martial arts cinema legend Lau Kar Leung!

This wonderful package includes...

-a day of one-on-one martial arts training

-dinner and drinks at the luxurious and world-famous Tai Woo Restaurant in Hong Kong

-one night at the Park Lane hotel, also located in Hong Kong

-chocolate body paint for two

D_Davis
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Ha! That is awesome. I would do just about anything to hang out with pops for a day!

Thanks man!

megladon8
12-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Ha! That is awesome. I would do just about anything to hang out with pops for a day!

Thanks man!

No problem.

I was originally going to give you the Green Destiny sword from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, but then I thought this one would probably stick with you longer :D

Justin
12-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Heh, cool thread, I hate buying stuff for people though unless I know exactly what they want. If I don't I just kind of sit there like "so...did you even want this?"

megladon8
12-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Heh, cool thread, I hate buying stuff for people though unless I know exactly what they want. If I don't I just kind of sit there like "so...did you even want this?"

:) I can definitely understand that.

Though I find half the fun of it the anticipation of their reaction.

megladon8
12-02-2007, 02:23 AM
number8, I realize you don't celebrate Christmas, but I wanted to give you a gift because it was offered to me when it was discovered that I amassed this incredible wealth, and I thought you would enjoy it more than me.

So, number8, here is your gift...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/megladon8/br2map.gif

The Battle Royale island.

Who needs the movie when you can recreate it all on the actual island where it took place?

Not only is it a gorgeous vista on its own, but Takeshi Kitano has agreed to live on the island with you, and help you to conduct your own Battle Royale-like experiments and eat home-made baked goods with you.

Yum yum!

Lasse
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Awesome thread idea. Like you, I like giving. I hate picking the gifts, but I love giving them. Christmas, to me, is about eating a lot of food and relaxing. If I didn't get any presents I couldn't really care less.

EDIT: I wish for a few days off in December. ;)

megladon8
12-04-2007, 01:46 AM
The next gift I have lined up is for Rowland.

I figure being on a movie discussion board, movies and movie-related items are a pretty safe bet to give as a gift.

So with my infinite funds and connections in Tinsel Town, I had the ultimate Brian De Palma gift box put together for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/megladon8/Brian-De-Palma_2.jpg

Included in the set is:

-every one of his films, mastered in the highest possible picture and sound quality

-in depth documentaries, commentaries, and 3-D glasses for every film

-a vial filled with De Palma's blood

and finally...

-a hand-written autobiography by the man himself, entitled "Rowland: The Son I Never Had"

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas :)

Winston*
12-04-2007, 01:53 AM
-a hand-written autobiography by the man himself, entitled "Rowland: The Son I Never Had"

Of course, he'll disown him in an addendum after seeing his Redacted score.

Ezee E
12-04-2007, 01:54 AM
What I want to know is...

How did you get the blood?

Gizmo
12-16-2007, 09:35 PM
do i get a gift?