PDA

View Full Version : Reaper

MadMan
11-02-2007, 03:04 AM
I love this show. Its funny, sometimes creepy, and at times even good at capturing the young cast's attempts to find some meaning in this crazy world.

Oh and Ray Wise is creepy/evil/hilarious as Satan. If you want one reason to watch, he's pretty much it.

http://beyondnessofthings.files.wordp ress.com/2007/07/reaper.jpg

Kurosawa Fan
11-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Best new show this season.

Lucky
11-02-2007, 07:11 AM
I wholeheartedly agree, although last episode was a bit subpar.

MadMan
11-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Tonight's episode was a fine homage to Grindhouse cinema. It was also pretty funny. "I'm sorry for springing Taylor on you. I had no idea you were a homesexual" made me bust a gut laughing.

Katiescarlett
11-07-2007, 02:35 AM
I wholeheartedly agree, although last episode was a bit subpar.

Tonights episode was great imo. I love the Devil. I love it though that Sam has to keep reminding himself that this is the Devil, you can't listen to the Devil.

Katiescarlett
11-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Tonight's episode was a fine homage to Grindhouse cinema. It was also pretty funny. "I'm sorry for springing Taylor on you. I had no idea you were a homesexual" made me bust a gut laughing.

Me too!

MadMan
11-07-2007, 02:37 AM
Wahoo! :pritch:

I'm hoping against hope that Ray Wise gets an Emmy nom for playing the Devil. He really makes this show better than it actually is. I remember when he was on Season 5 of 24 as the Dick Chenney type VP.

jenniferofthejungle
11-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Cable or broadcast TV?

MadMan
11-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Cable or broadcast TV?Should be broadcast TV if your in the US. Its on the CW, which is a crap network that every once and a while has a decent show worth watching.

Thirdmango
11-10-2007, 12:17 AM
This is in the running of my top three favorite tv shows of the season, every episode has been good and they're able to keep the Buffy/Smallville architype funny. (Oh no we live where a major something happened to make crazy villian appear every episode.) To see Reaper do it with comedy and flair is very refreshing.

Lucky
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I finally sat down and watched the last episode and it was my favorite one yet.

"What kinda host am I?! We gotta get high first!" :)

MadMan
11-14-2007, 03:25 AM
While I think last week's episode was better, tonight's was really interesting in terms of how it advanced the relationship between Andi and Sam. Poor guy got shot down though. Sock's dream had me in stiches though, and the Devil just standing there and letting Sam hit him while smiling like the evil bastard he is was kind of priceless. If only more shows on the CW were like this and Supernatural the network would actually have a chance of doing what FOX did and becoming a major network. Or showing "When Animals Attack 56 and a Half" wouldn't hurt I suppose :P

Kurosawa Fan
11-14-2007, 03:57 AM
I actually thought tonights episode was one of the funniest of the season. Oh, and Supernatural blows. Hard.

MadMan
11-14-2007, 04:00 AM
I actually thought tonights episode was one of the funniest of the season. Oh, and Supernatural blows. Hard.Really? I donno about that. And yeah Supernatural isn't the greatest. But compared to other crap shows on that channel its actually decent. I liked the first season but lost interest after the second when it just got too weird even for me.

MadMan
12-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Damn Tuesday's episode really made things interesting. The Devil may have a daughter who's attracted to Sam? Whoa. The whole thing with the grandma was only moderately funny, but the soul they had to catch gave way to some funny moments. I'm hoping next week's episode is much better though. The show's been good but sort of up and down recently.

MadMan
12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I can't help but shake the feeling that the CW is going to let this show die or kill it. The fact that it didn't air this Tuesday is a bad sign.

PS: Posted before I realized that the strike meant the show was off air. Heh.

Kurosawa Fan
03-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Just to reiterate, this show kicks ass. I'll be crushed if it isn't picked up for a second season.

MadMan
03-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Just to reiterate, this show kicks ass. I'll be crushed if it isn't picked up for a second season.Because of work (and the fact that the show was moved to Thursdays, a night I work) I missed last week's episode. I think I'll be able to view it on CW's website though. I too hope it gets picked up for another season, but I wouldn't be surprised if it became a victim of the strike. I saw a repeat on Tuesday though and I remembered why I love the show so much.

Kurosawa Fan
04-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Last week's episode was yet another example of awesomery. And the preview for this week looks even better. I think they know they're getting canned, and they're going out guns blazing. It's sad and badass at the same time.

Thirdmango
05-02-2008, 03:23 PM
No! I sure hope it doesn't get canned. I haven't been able to watch any since the strike but I love that show.

EvilShoe
05-13-2008, 10:26 AM
It has been renewed:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=44947

I'll check this out eventually, looks good. Currently working my way through Dead Like Me though.

Kurosawa Fan
05-13-2008, 02:28 PM
It has been renewed:

I'll check this out eventually, looks good. Currently working my way through Dead Like Me though.

I literally just spun around in my chair about 10 times and then got up and did a dance. Apparently I don't have a lot going on in my life.

MadMan
05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
It has been renewed:

I'll check this out eventually, looks good. Currently working my way through Dead Like Me though.Awesome. Now I will try and watch the rest of Season 1. I fell behind and I think I'll just wait to see the rest of the show on DVD.

Winston*
05-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I watched the first two episodes of this show. It's okay, kind of a low rent Buffy or something. When's the "kick ass" start appearing, KF?

Kurosawa Fan
05-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I watched the first two episodes of this show. It's okay, kind of a low rent Buffy or something. When's the "kick ass" start appearing, KF?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I felt similarly at the start, though I've never seen Buffy so I don't have that comparison, thought it was fun and entertaining, but somewhere during the season it became the show I looked forward to the most. The format and the characters really grew on me.

Winston*
05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure. I felt similarly at the start, though I've never seen Buffy so I don't have that comparison, thought it was fun and entertaining, but somewhere during the season it became the show I looked forward to the most. The format and the characters really grew on me.Okay. Not sure I'll continue, seems like a lot of time commitment for something I'm not sure I'll end up liking.

Flight of the Conchords is the best new show this season btw.

Kurosawa Fan
05-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Okay. Not sure I'll continue, seems like a lot of time commitment for something I'm not sure I'll end up liking.

Flight of the Conchords is the best new show this season btw.

I wouldn't give up. Give it until about episode six. If you liked the first two episodes, it just keeps getting better. If you don't think it's improved by five or six, then I'd say scrap it.

Thirdmango
05-15-2008, 12:30 AM
The thing is with this show, is it takes the same formula as Buffy and Smallville. "Holy crap we live in a city where all sorts of crap happens." And the show takes that formula and makes it actually funny and light hearted.

Winston*
05-15-2008, 01:20 AM
The thing is with this show, is it takes the same formula as Buffy and Smallville. "Holy crap we live in a city where all sorts of crap happens." And the show takes that formula and makes it actually funny and light hearted.

Buffy wasn't funny?

Thirdmango
05-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Honestly being as how I've tried to get into Buffy, I know it does get funny eventually, but it's hard for me to get through the first two seasons until it does. I'm almost done with the first season but it's been so tiresome with how dumb the first season is.

Kurosawa Fan
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Least surprising twist ever. Still, an awesome episode. Looks like the season finale will rock.