PDA

View Full Version : Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

number8
03-15-2009, 01:12 AM
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/superman-batman-public-enemies-700x278.jpg

The next WB animated film after Green Lantern is revealed, based on this book:

http://www.dccomics.com/media/product/1/4/1442_400x600.jpg

Official synopsis:

SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES:

United States President Lex Luthor uses the oncoming trajectory of a kryptonite asteroid to frame Superman and declare a $1 billion bounty on the heads of the Man of Steel and his “partner in crime” Batman. Super heroes and super villains alike launch a relentless pursuit of Superman and Batman, who must unite – and recruit super help – to stave off the action-packed onslaught, stop the asteroid, and uncover Luthor’s devious plot to take command of far more than North America.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Spinal
03-15-2009, 01:34 AM
I am of the opinion that any attempt to place Superman and Batman within the same universe makes little to no sense.

number8
03-15-2009, 02:15 AM
I am of the opinion that any attempt to place Superman and Batman within the same universe makes little to no sense.

...Because of realism?

Skitch
03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Weak.

Acapelli
03-16-2009, 05:39 AM
...Because of realism?
this post made me laugh a lot

Dead & Messed Up
03-16-2009, 06:41 AM
I like the ideological conflict between the two heroes. And Superman Doomsday was better than I expected. But in my eyes, one hero exists in a somewhat plausible (or at least possible) facsimile of reality, while the other is an indestructible alien with an impossible disguise.

EyesWideOpen
03-16-2009, 12:44 PM

That's one of the things that makes Batman what he is. A guy with no superpowers who through pure determination and training can hold his own against any of the superpowered heroes and villains in the DC universe.

lovejuice
03-16-2009, 04:02 PM
But in my eyes, one hero exists in a somewhat plausible (or at least possible) facsimile of reality, while the other is an indestructible alien with an impossible disguise.
i agree. that no one in gotham realizes bruce wayne and batman are one and the same person bugs me to no end.
:P

number8
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I like the ideological conflict between the two heroes. And Superman Doomsday was better than I expected. But in my eyes, one hero exists in a somewhat plausible (or at least possible) facsimile of reality, while the other is an indestructible alien with an impossible disguise.

Er, but that's only if you go by the Nolan treatment.

In both the comics and the animated series, Batman's gadgets borders on Sci-Fi, and his foes are aliens, monsters and mythological or supernatural creatures.

Grouchy
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I think Jeph Loeb is a terrible writer, but that initial Superman/Batman arc was an entertaining read.

What's more, I think it's even better material for an animated movie than for comics. It'll be basically around 80 minutes of Superman and Batman kicking everyone's ass.

Skitch
02-12-2010, 12:10 PM
This was actually pretty damn badass.

Grouchy
02-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah, this was great.

D_Davis
02-12-2010, 07:40 PM

Do you also have a problem with the movie E.T. because it places an alien and a human in the same universe?

What about Mac and Me?

What about Species?

Scar
02-12-2010, 07:51 PM
What about Species?

Boobies.

Kurosawa Fan
02-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Boobies.

Rep!

Sycophant
02-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Do you also have a problem with the movie E.T. because it places an alien and a human in the same universe?

What about Mac and Me?

What about Species?

I see Spinal's point.

number8
02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Doesn't look like we made a thread for this one. (http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/movie-news/6412-world-premiere-of-qjustice-league-crisis-on-two-earthsq.html)

Dukefrukem
02-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Doesn't look like we made a thread for this one. (http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/movie-news/6412-world-premiere-of-qjustice-league-crisis-on-two-earthsq.html)

I actually saw a commercial for this on TV yesterday and was pretty interested in it.

Out of all the DTV releases, which movie is the best? I haven't caught any of them but loved ATS.

Dukefrukem
12-17-2014, 01:33 PM
There's a pretty great battle between tons of villains vs Superman/Batman but other than that this was a little bit of a disappointment. The setup of Superman seemed very weak- and like the public would be that convinced Superman is a bad guy.