PDA

View Full Version : The Objective

Dukefrukem
02-28-2009, 05:30 AM
looks cool (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/theobjective/)

megladon8
02-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Looks like The Blair Witch Project, in a desert, minus originality.

Dukefrukem
02-28-2009, 05:38 AM
Looks like The Blair Witch Project, in a desert, minus originality.

same writer.

megladon8
02-28-2009, 05:39 AM
same writer.

Yeah, that was the trailer's main way of selling the movie.

Dukefrukem
10-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Anyone catch this? It was actually quite good, especially the first half. Doesn't feel Blair Witch like at all, and the mystery is quite interesting. A couple of scenes really spooked me. Combines the realities of desert warfare with super natural characteristics. No hand held cameras. No shakiness. Decent dialog. Present tense voice over during the whole movie though.

One thing that bothered me were the symbols that were left behind in one scene. The same kind of trinket-like things we saw in Blair Witch. I thought that was a bit much. Other than that I enjoyed the journey. I have a feeling a lot of people here won't like the ending.

Dukefrukem
09-15-2016, 12:47 PM
I watched this again last night. I still like it. Very eerie.

Skitch
09-22-2016, 12:40 AM
Checked it out. Very spooky! I wish the ending made more sense, or they delivered more on the ideas they started, but as it is felt like they ran out of money. Worth a watch, but probably just one for me.

Dukefrukem
09-22-2016, 12:55 AM
Why do you think the ending isn't clear?

Skitch
09-22-2016, 01:16 AM
Who was the guy walking through weeds? Were they aliens? (I assume). Or was it just an interdimensional booby trap, hence why all the flares went up after he shot his up? If not, then the aliens were just fucking with him, or he was on a different plane than the search parties looking for them, but that doesnt really make sense either way. And then the end credits with the wife, none of that gave any more clues as to what happened unless I just entirely missed it.

Again, I LIKE all these ideas! I just wish it had committed to one and gone for it as far as completing the concept.