PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Scar
11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
To say I'm rather wary of this is an understatement....

Ezee E
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
To say I'm rather wary of this is an understatement....
by all means, it should be a show of awesome potential. But it looks like it'll fall short.

How about the next trilogy though? Potential there?

number8
11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm on neutral right now. I've been hearing great things about the pilot shown at Comic Con, but so far I don't like the look of it, so I'm on even grounds. I'm waiting til I see it for myself.

MadMan
11-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't think it will be that great, but I may check it out never the less.

Justin
11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
When does this premiere?

Scar
11-26-2007, 10:39 PM
When does this premiere?

January 13th?

Scar
11-26-2007, 10:39 PM
How about the next trilogy though? Potential there?

I was completely unaware of its existance until I saw something about Christian Bale being cast. That always gives me hope.

Justin
11-26-2007, 10:47 PM
January 13th?

Gracias. I will check it out, but I am not expecting anything too great.

Kurosawa Fan
11-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I'll wait for DVD to catch up if the show gets good reviews. Considering the writers strike is killing a lot of new shows, I'm not eager to start anything new. I'm already worried that both Reaper and Chuck won't survive to see second seasons. Neither has even been ordered for a full season yet.

Scar
11-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I'll wait for DVD to catch up if the show gets good reviews. Considering the writers strike is killing a lot of new shows, I'm not eager to start anything new. I'm already worried that both Reaper and Chuck won't survive to see second seasons. Neither has even been ordered for a full season yet.

I plan on DVR'ing it, hopefully it does alright.

MadMan
11-27-2007, 03:18 AM
I'll wait for DVD to catch up if the show gets good reviews. Considering the writers strike is killing a lot of new shows, I'm not eager to start anything new. I'm already worried that both Reaper and Chuck won't survive to see second seasons. Neither has even been ordered for a full season yet.I woudn't put it past the CW to kill off one of their best shows. I'm surprised that Chuck hasn't been picked up yet as I thought that show was fairly popular.

Henry Gale
11-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Chuck just got a full season order.

Link. (http://nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/entertainment-20071126000000-revised58nbcgiv.html)

Kurosawa Fan
11-27-2007, 04:38 AM
Chuck just got a full season order.

Link. (http://nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/entertainment-20071126000000-revised58nbcgiv.html)

:pritch::pritch::pritch:

Now Reaper and I'm all set.

EvilShoe
12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Apparently Garret Dillahunt (Deadwood, John From Cincinnati, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford) will have a recurring role of a shape-shifting terminator in this.

Good actor, but still not enough to make me check it out.

Ezee E
12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Apparently Garret Dillahunt (Deadwood, John From Cincinnati, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford) will have a recurring role of a shape-shifting terminator in this.

Good actor, but still not enough to make me check it out.
Dillahunt has been great in everything i've seen him in. That at least makes it a bit promising.

EvilShoe
12-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Dillahunt has been great in everything i've seen him in. That at least makes it a bit promising.
It's just that the actors surrounding him are rather... well, bad.

number8
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
River Tam will break your face.

EvilShoe
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
River Tam will break your face.
I always felt she was the weak link in Firefly. :|
She was better in the movie though.

Garret Dillahunt will hopefully break her face.

Saya
01-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Did anyone watch the first episode? I thought it was enjoyable for the most part and better than I thought it would be.

Raiders
01-14-2008, 05:10 PM
I was forced to watch it, and wound up enjoying it. Seems like it will likely run out of steam, and so far lacks any kind of central villain that can rival any of the films, but then again, it is just one episode. I'll keep tuning in for now.

Kurosawa Fan
01-14-2008, 08:05 PM
I only caught the first 10-15 minutes but found it really poorly acted. That's about the only thing I can comment on from what little I saw.

number8
01-19-2008, 02:19 AM
I only caught the first 10-15 minutes but found it really poorly acted. That's about the only thing I can comment on from what little I saw.

I turned it off after 15 minutes because of that, but kept the recording just in case.

I tried again yesterday, and ended up watching both episodes back to back. It's a very cool show, and a pretty smart starting point for a series.

Lena Headey is a terrible Sarah Connor, but I'm willing to ignore that flaw and enjoy it for what it is. Also, the buff dudes they've been getting to play the Terminators have been great so far. No nonsense mechanical soldiers.

Saya
01-20-2008, 09:03 PM
The second episode was pretty good. Again it suprised me how much I ended up enjoying it.

I don't mind Lena Headley as Sarah Connor, but the kid playing John Connor is really awful. He makes Edward Furlong from T2 look good. Summer Glau is alright as the new type cyborg.

I liked that they added resistance fighters in LA. It adds a lot of new story possibilities to the series.

Also, Garret Dillahunt is joining the show in the next couple episodes! It seems he has taking over the role of the terminator from episode 1.

number8
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
That kid, I've hated him in Heroes, and he's annoying here too, but I figured since it's John Connor, he's supposed to be annoying anyway. Lena Headey I have a problem with because she just doesn't look tough.

Also, I'm willing to bet that Summer Glau's character is half-human.

[ETM]
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I always felt she was the weak link in Firefly. :|
She was better in the movie though.

I found her physical acting in Firefly/Serenity stupendous. She was never as convincing verbally but she didn't talk much either, so she was almost perfect in my book.

Lena Headey is probably the most sensible choice for Connor out of the "known names who'd do a TV show" pool. She'll come around.

Morris Schæffer
01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
For the first episode they appeared to have adopted an "everything but the kitchen sink" approach in order to grab viewers as rapidly as possible. It was okay for a start with some surprisingly cool FX, but also some real cringers. Yeah, "come with me if you want to live" was a particularly nasty, albeit brief, moment of crapoola. There's a lot of heavy dialogue that really fails to match the tone in T2: Judgment Day for the time being, but I'm enjoying the show so far because who the hell expects something on a par with Cameron's work anyway?

I was sorta freaked out by the helmet-wearing terminator in episode 3. I was thinking "how can he be wearing a helmet without his skeletal head?" And then he took the helmet off. Whoa!!! Pretty freaky.:)

Summer Glau is ok. She does look kinda robotic and mean which is good.

Dukefrukem
01-27-2008, 07:23 PM
i thought this show is absoute crap compared the films. the acting was horrible! and they couldn't have picked worse looking terminators....are they taking this series seriously?

just one question...

a time machine in a fucking bank?

Sxottlan
01-31-2008, 08:38 AM
I enjoyed the first two episodes, although the whole jump forward to avoid the events of T3 seemed forced.

Then I completely forgot to watch the third episode. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to carry on with the show. Does anyone know if it will air again?

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
After watching the first three episodes, I must say this is the worst attempt at creating a successful TV franchise out of a successful movie franchise ever... the episodes are filled with inconsistencies... for starters...

1. In the opening credits, Sarah says something to the affect of: "Some to Kill John... 1 to protect"... So they still haven't figured out a way to send more than one terminator back to protect them?? Yet they can send scientists back to make a time machine?

2. The reason the woman terminator was so successful in the third one was because she acted like a terminator... her hair was tied back and she did a good job mastering the machine like movements.. none of the terminators in this show do that...

3. In Terminator 2, John could give orders to the Terminator... but in the TV series, John can't because he's not the John from the future... "not yet"

4. In the 2nd episode, when they find the safe behind the cat poster, do you think a team of forensic CSI agents would miss that??

5. Time Machine in the bank.. enough said...

6. and finally what pushed me over the edge was the terminator growing back his skin in the bathtub…

Morris Schæffer
02-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I liked episode 4. What I appreciated was that finally one of the terminators came across as fairly intimidating. That whole key/standby sequence was rather excellent. Naturally, it's not quite great TV yet, but I'll keep watching.

Dukefrukem
05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
finally this is canceled

lovejuice
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
watch the first two episodes. don't think it's any good. the sarah connor doesn't look like she can shoulder the series. mentioning 9/11 in this context just sounds weird. a timeskip of 7 years feels random. it might serve some purpose later on but i don't think i'll ever find out.

Dukefrukem
06-24-2015, 02:04 PM
I never made it past the 3rd episode, but was this ever worth watching?

[ETM]
06-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Better than anything Terminator after Judgment Day.

Morris Schæffer
06-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Still not better than T3, but I could see how others might feel differently. Characters and (some) actors didn't do it for me, action wasn't memorable. It didn't have that relentless nature of a good Terminator product, but crucially I didn't think it managed to be its own thing either. I mean shit, folks are complaining about Jay Courtney being Reese, but this had Brian Austin Green from Melrose Place. Unbelievably bland.

[ETM]
06-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Green was outstanding. And not memorable? The police attack set to "when the man comes around" is a better sequence than anything in 3 and 4.

Morris Schæffer
06-27-2015, 08:58 PM
That's a cool scene ETM, ain't gonna lie about it, but it's not tense or thrilling. Still, it's a good sequence, but in a 13 episode season, you'd have to be a monumental cockup if you weren't able to produce something memorable.

I wish this had been a truly great show. I would have watched the second season because i'm a terminator fan, and because I did sense untapped potential.