PDA

View Full Version : What in blazes is going on here ... ?

Wryan
11-25-2007, 04:35 AM
H'lo all.

Blame Watashi (nice list lol).

Just stopping by to say hello.

Can't guarantee anything, so don't ask.

Btw, this :pritch: is the weirdest friggin smiley ever. It's like an abusive couple throwing each other into the walls of their shitteous apartment before hurling themselves into a vigorous round of angry sex.

So how are you all?

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Hey! Great to see you. How have you been? Stick around. It will be better for all of us.

Raiders
11-25-2007, 04:40 AM
:eek:

:pritch:

Wryan
11-25-2007, 04:41 AM
I've been fine but busy. I'm at the tail end of my master's degree work in public history (there's an "L" in there, you pervs) and after that I dunno. The problem is that I want too many things. I'm learning how to play piano/keyboard and really enjoying it. I envision a future where I have a reg'lar 9-5er, with some moonlighting work on the side playing somewhere and also doing freelance writing for a magazine (cause me write well). Obviously that's slightly packed as far as dayplanners go. So I dunno. Too many things I want to do.

Glad to see you all are still talkin film. It's still a big part of my life, but other things intrude now and then, like the above mentioned work, writing, or playing.

How are you KF?

Wryan
11-25-2007, 04:42 AM

:pritch:

See now here is the creepy old man watching the angry, abusive couple throwing themselves around their apartment.

Glorious.

Sxottlan
11-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Well well well. Look who we have here!

Wryan
11-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I'm aghast myself. I bobbed on over to RT the last few days cause I'm home for Thanksgiving and actually have some spare time. Been plenty of moments in the last few .... years.... where I thought of RT people, could never seem to find the right time to do something. Mostly, I knew that I might get drawn back into it all, and I just didn't want it to consume me again, especially during an important part of my edumacation. :(

Hiya sxotty. I still remember that phone call. That was amusing. Hope your career is doing well and that you're happier than you used to be about this and that.

MadMan
11-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Holy shit this is AWESOME!!!! Whoa man its great to see yah Wryan.....I thought you were gone for good. Welcome back :cool:

Ezee E
11-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Wryan doesn't exist to me unless he has his iconic avatar.

Wryan
11-25-2007, 05:22 AM
I'll see what the morrow brings.

Right now I'm cold and it hurts to type. So goodnight. :)

Sxottlan
11-25-2007, 05:27 AM
Hope your career is doing well and that you're happier than you used to be about this and that.

Yeah, I'm doing alright. I've been a producer in television news now for a little more than a year and going on more than two years at this current station. It can be a little bit of everything: fun, obnoxious, aggravating. Here's our website (http://www.rnews.com). Type in "Fairbanks" to get a look at a current sample of my writing. Not exactly film reviews like I wanted to do, but I am writing for a living.

I've also been living on my own for nearly a year now. It's alright, but incredibly lonely at times. Had some excitement a few months ago when a tree came crashing my roof and then someone helped themselves to some of my DVDs when I was out for repairs.

Really don't make it to RT anymore on any kind of regular basis. I figured I'd one day stop going there, but was kind of surprised at how suddenly it happened.

By the way, here's a recent picture (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/Sxottlan/Picture295.jpg) of me from a recent trip to Arizona.

Watashi
11-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Hello Wryan.

Boner M
11-25-2007, 06:40 AM
What is Wryan?

Derek
11-25-2007, 06:56 AM
What is Wryan?

Hell, Wryan was around RT when I signed up there like 6 years ago. His avatar was an amusing, somewhat retarded penguin from a comic (I think) whose name I can't remember. Truly old school.

Boner M
11-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Was the penguin at least vaguely phallic?

If so, welcome Wryan!

Morris Schæffer
11-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Nah. It wasn't a pinguin, but a duck.;)

Lasse
11-25-2007, 01:38 PM
WRYAN?!

:)

Mal
11-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Wryan. Omigod. We must have babies together so that a part of you will never physically disappear.

*is sketchy*

DSNT
11-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Good to see you around Wryan. I'm in a similar boat, juggling education, work and my film obsession, but sometimes the latter still gets the best of me.

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2007, 02:09 PM
How are you KF?

Doing very well. Kids and work take up most of my time, so I don't watch nearly as many films as I used to, which is probably a good thing.

The av was Opus, and he's a penguin. It's true though, it's far too weird seeing you post without him. Here's one I whipped up for you. Feel free to tell me it sucks and not use it.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1710/wryan1ie0.jpg

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'm doing alright. I've been a producer in television news now for a little more than a year and going on more than two years at this current station. It can be a little bit of everything: fun, obnoxious, aggravating. Here's our website (http://www.rnews.com). Type in "Fairbanks" to get a look at a current sample of my writing. Not exactly film reviews like I wanted to do, but I am writing for a living.

I've also been living on my own for nearly a year now. It's alright, but incredibly lonely at times. Had some excitement a few months ago when a tree came crashing my roof and then someone helped themselves to some of my DVDs when I was out for repairs.

Really don't make it to RT anymore on any kind of regular basis. I figured I'd one day stop going there, but was kind of surprised at how suddenly it happened.

By the way, here's a recent picture (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/Sxottlan/Picture295.jpg) of me from a recent trip to Arizona.

Cool man. Glad your career's doin alright. How high on the producer totem pole are you? Calling any major shots? Sorry to hear about the tree and the DVDs (!?). A big bank of mist didn't roll in after the tree came through your window did it? Hope not. Nice Arizona photograph. Hope the trip was fruitful, or at least relaxing. :)

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Hell, Wryan was around RT when I signed up there like 6 years ago. His avatar was an amusing, somewhat retarded penguin from a comic (I think) whose name I can't remember. Truly old school.

Somewhat retarded!? Holee sheet! Opus is a lovable doofus but he certainly has.......uh.......most of his faculties. At least give him that. :)

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Wryan. Omigod. We must have babies together so that a part of you will never physically disappear.

*is sketchy*

Lol why did you choose Zac Efron as your name? Did you used to go by something else?

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Doing very well. Kids and work take up most of my time, so I don't watch nearly as many films as I used to, which is probably a good thing.

The av was Opus, and he's a penguin. It's true though, it's far too weird seeing you post without him. Here's one I whipped up for you. Feel free to tell me it sucks and not use it.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1710/wryan1ie0.jpg

Nice to hear about the kids. Hope you don't go too insane.

Nice av, but all that open space on the sides kinda freaks me out. He's so .... lonely. Will my old square (100x100 I think?) avatar fit?

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Nice av, but all that open space on the sides kinda freaks me out. He's so .... lonely. Will my old square (100x100 I think?) avatar fit?

Yeah, good call. I thought there'd be a lot better selection by just typing in Opus the penguin on Google. The old one will work if you trim it down to 90. The dimensions are 160 x 90.

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Wryan doesn't exist to me unless he has his iconic avatar.

/sniff sniff

Got my old avatar back, but file's too big to keep it animated. Plus it's a little pixelly.

/sniff sniff

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Someone explain reputation.

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Someone explain reputation.

This page should hopefully answer any questions you have. (http://www.match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=22&page=4)

Just scroll halfway down the page. There's also a bit about it in the previous pages. Any other questions just let me know.

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
This page should hopefully answer any questions you have. (http://www.match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=22&page=4)

Just scroll halfway down the page. There's also a bit about it in the previous pages. Any other questions just let me know.

Only a 7.5 for Ratatouille.

I'm leaving.

Ezee E
11-25-2007, 07:28 PM
/sniff sniff

Got my old avatar back, but file's too big to keep it animated. Plus it's a little pixelly.

/sniff sniff
Okay. Now you're back.

Welcome back.

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2007, 07:50 PM

I'm leaving.

Don't worry, Wats more than makes up for my inadequacies in this area.

Wryan
11-25-2007, 07:52 PM

Yeah, it's still a little odd and confusing. Is it basically a glorified way to keep track of post counts? And what does negative rep really do?

MadMan
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
With Llopin also returning (if for only a brief time) and Wryan popping up maybe Father Barry will also somehow resurface.

Kurosawa Fan
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it's still a little odd and confusing. Is it basically a glorified way to keep track of post counts? And what does negative rep really do?

Any time you really like a post, you can rep that person. If you really dislike a post, you can negative rep them. Basically, no one ever negative reps anyone unless they're a troll. Underneath your avatar you'll see your rep power. Yours is currently zero. It will go up to 1 when you reach 50 posts. At that point, any time you rep someone you add 1 point to their rep points. If you negative rep someone you subtract 1 point from their rep points. The more you post and the more rep you receive, the faster your rep power will increase.

It's basically a fun way of sending someone a little note about a post you liked that they posted, because when you rep someone, you can attach a little note with it, and they can read the notes in their User CP.

MadMan
11-25-2007, 08:00 PM
KF hit the nail on the head.

Also Wryan if you check out your User CP you'll note that you have received 16 points worth of rep. I gave you 2 points last night because I have 2 points to give. So does KF and anyone else above 400 posts.

In other words you should suck up to anyone above 400 posts ;)

Boner M
11-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh wait, I recognise that av! I saw you in the FDT often. Back in my innocent 'Bone Machine' days.

Proper welcome, Wryan!

monolith94
11-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Cool to see you around, wryan, even if it is only fleeting. Still, such fleeting moments are no less sweet.

Wryan
11-25-2007, 08:15 PM
KF hit the nail on the head.

Also Wryan if you check out your User CP you'll note that you have received 16 points worth of rep. I gave you 2 points last night because I have 2 points to give. So does KF and anyone else above 400 posts.

In other words you should suck up to anyone above 400 posts ;)

K. So it makes a bit more sense.

Suck up huh!? Oh me oh my! We shall see! We shall see.

Wryan
11-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh wait, I recognise that av! I saw you in the FDT often. Back in my innocent 'Bone Machine' days.

Proper welcome, Wryan!

H'lo BoneM. :)

Wryan
11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Cool to see you around, wryan, even if it is only fleeting. Still, such fleeting moments are no less sweet.

How delicate, such words of ineffable gentility; they whisper through my ears and eyes as the spectral feathers of doves and nightowls.

Hiya mono. Hope you're doing well. :)

MadMan
11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
K. So it makes a bit more sense.

Suck up huh!? Oh me oh my! We shall see! We shall see.Good to hear.

As for the rep whoring, it is sort of frowned upon in these parts. Which is why Wats made a thread about the greatest things ever, which was pretty much whoring for rep ;) :P

Wryan
11-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Good to hear.

As for the rep whoring, it is sort of frowned upon in these parts. Which is why Wats made a thread about the greatest things ever, which was pretty much whoring for rep ;) :P

It was, however, a great thread.

MadMan
11-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd say it was a good one. His final choices were a pretty mixed bag.

Watashi
11-25-2007, 09:00 PM

I'm leaving.

Never leave.

[ETM]
11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Proper greetings, Wry Dry Matchcut Guy. I'm Earendil The Mariner from RT (and several other places) hiding behind the slightly less geeky acronym. Good to see the old avatar back.

Oh, and... :pritch:

monolith94
11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
How delicate, such words of ineffable gentility; they whisper through my ears and eyes as the spectral feathers of doves and nightowls.

Hiya mono. Hope you're doing well. :)
Heh, if you ever find my Ratatouille review you're going to hope I'm doing less well! ;)

Sxottlan
11-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Hell, Wryan was around RT when I signed up there like 6 years ago.

He was around back from before the jump gate accident. Back when this place was just an outpost.*

*A rep point to the first one who gets this reference.

Sxottlan
11-26-2007, 05:56 AM
How high on the producer totem pole are you? Calling any major shots?

Depends on the day. Some days I can tell someone I want to carry something live or do this or that. Other days, there are supervisors with seniority who can make that call. Some days I'm perfectly content to let others still call the shots.

Hope the trip was fruitful, or at least relaxing.

I had a blast! Visited Tombstone. They love the Val Kilmer movie down there. Lots of amateur artwork done on canvases and t-shirts of scenes and lines from the film everywhere you look. I was thinking they better watch out or else Disney is going to sue and buy up the whole town.

Also revisited the places from my youth. Some changed drastically and some did not. A real nostalgia trip, but I was glad to go. It had been years since I last went and finally was making enough to afford to go by myself.

Drove around listening to a custom disc with Ennio Morricone's music from OUATITW on it. Seemed appropriate.

[ETM]
11-26-2007, 01:55 PM
He was around back from before the jump gate accident. Back when this place was just an outpost.*

*A rep point to the first one who gets this reference.

Cowboy Bebop?:pritch:

Wryan
11-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Depends on the day. Some days I can tell someone I want to carry something live or do this or that. Other days, there are supervisors with seniority who can make that call. Some days I'm perfectly content to let others still call the shots.

I had a blast! Visited Tombstone. They love the Val Kilmer movie down there. Lots of amateur artwork done on canvases and t-shirts of scenes and lines from the film everywhere you look. I was thinking they better watch out or else Disney is going to sue and buy up the whole town.

Also revisited the places from my youth. Some changed drastically and some did not. A real nostalgia trip, but I was glad to go. It had been years since I last went and finally was making enough to afford to go by myself.

Drove around listening to a custom disc with Ennio Morricone's music from OUATITW on it. Seemed appropriate.

I sat down with my dad last night to watch that one. He hadn't seen it before. Still holds up, yeah boy.

Mal
11-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Lol why did you choose Zac Efron as your name? Did you used to go by something else?

Of course I used to go by something else... who on earth would use Zac Efron as an original name?

That's kind of why I picked it...
so ridiculous... yet definite.

I'm Ringo the Dog btw.

Wryan
11-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Of course I used to go by something else... who on earth would use Zac Efron as an original name?

That's kind of why I picked it...
so ridiculous... yet definite.

I'm Ringo the Dog btw.

Haha. Hilarious. He's such a swish, but anyway hiya Ringo. :D

Sxottlan
11-27-2007, 02:38 AM
;9768']Cowboy Bebop?:pritch:

You got it.