PDA

View Full Version : Where are the upcoming action films?

Boner M
02-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Seriously, it feels like there are no action films coming out. I look at this board and all I see are threads for Womanhood of the Travelling Sisters and The Piano 2 and all sorts of girly shit. C'mon guys, we need more threads for upcoming action films. These are the films we'll be discussing the most in future, after all!

Winston*
02-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I see many threads for upcoming action films on page one of this very sub forum. Examples being "Crank 2: High Voltage" and "Good God (Stallone, Lundgren, Statham and Li in one action blast-o-rama!!)". I'm afraid your opening post is misguided, Boner.

Boner M
02-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Oops, I just noticed that there's a thread for Sugar, which is about baseball. Which I guess makes it an action film in a way.

Mods, lock this thread plz.

Sycophant
02-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Boner, are you suffering from action fatigue?

Does that question easily read as innuendo?

Am I doing it right?

Ezee E
02-02-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm glad I created the thread to keep the Boner calm.

DavidSeven
02-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Oh, come on... ::peruses first and second page::

Hm... well, OK... I see.

Sycophant
02-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah, it's pretty overwhelming.

Spinal
02-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Mods, lock this thread plz.

Dear BONER M. --

Thank you for inquiry regarding LOCKING THE LAME THREAD I STARTED. Match Cut policy in the case of LOCKING THE LAME THREAD I STARTED is to LEAVE THE THREAD OPEN IN ORDER TO PUNISH THOSE RESPONSIBLE. We hope that this is a satisfactory resolution to your issue and that you continue to enjoy Match Cut's many features.

Happy posting!

The Match Cut Mod Squad

Boner M
02-02-2009, 02:13 AM
You just don't get it, Spinal.

Spinal
02-02-2009, 02:21 AM
You just don't get it, Spinal.

Dear BONER M. --

Thank you for comment regarding MODERATORS' LACK OF EMPATHY. Match Cut policy in the case of MODERATORS' LACK OF EMPATHY is to POST A HIGHLY EXPRESSIVE EMOTICON.

:pritch:

We hope that this is a satisfactory resolution to your issue and that you continue to enjoy Match Cut's many features.

Happy posting!

The Match Cut Mod Squad

Dukefrukem
02-02-2009, 03:08 AM
This year alone we have:

Terminator 4
Transformers 2
Star Trek (which will def be more action than any film has ever been)
Watchmen
GJ Joe
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

thats not too bad.

Sycophant
02-02-2009, 03:31 AM
This year alone we have:

Terminator 4
Transformers 2
Watchmen
GJ Joe

thats not too bad.
There are also 90% of the films listed on the first three or four pages of this (http://match-cut.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4).

Ezee E
02-02-2009, 04:15 AM
This year alone we have:

Terminator 4
Transformers 2
Watchmen
GJ Joe

thats not too bad.

Someone hasn't read the thread.

Kurosawa Fan
02-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Almost all of the films on the first page are action films. I think you need to look again Boner. I'm not sure how you missed them the first time.

I can't wait for Taken yo!

Spinal
02-02-2009, 05:12 AM
I too am looking forward to all the great action films that 2009 has to offer.

And by action films, I mean the ones with sex in them.

Sycophant
02-02-2009, 05:13 AM
sex
*snicker*snicker*

EvilShoe
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Elitist!!!!!

Boner M
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Almost all of the films on the first page are action films. I think you need to look again Boner. I'm not sure how you missed them the first time.

I can't wait for Taken yo!
Um, may I refresh your goldfish memory span?

Goodness Gracious (Dench, Mirren, Lansbury and McKellan in one corkin' knit-o-rama!!)

Holy shirt! Sandra Bullock cast as M'Lynn Eatenton in Steel Magnolias: Salvation!!

Fried Green Tomatoes 2: Deep Fried

Nigella: The Movie

With the possible exception of the last one, I don't see any testosterone appeal in any of the upcoming projects discussed on the first page. Perhaps you're thinking of another forum's first page, KF? If not, read more carefully or I'll roundhouse kick you, repeatedly.

Kurosawa Fan
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Perhaps you're thinking of another forum's first page, KF? If not, read more carefully or I'll roundhouse kick you, repeatedly.

Whatever. I would dodge your kicks and then hit you in the face.

Ezee E
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Boner should check out the visceral looking He's Just Not That Into You. It'll solve everything, and that Ginnifer Goodwin can kick some serious ass.

Then he can check out some Jonas Brothers... in 3D!

And Tyler Perry owns our souls.

Boner M
02-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Whatever. I would dodge your kicks and then hit you in the face.
THAT'S IT.

Action blast-o-rama, Walmart carpark, piece of shit dumpy town, 6:30 in the AM.

BE THERE.

Ezee E
02-02-2009, 01:14 PM
THAT'S IT.

BE THERE.
Why didn't you just say your place? That'd have been much easier on you.

Boner M
02-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Boner should check out the visceral looking He's Just Not That Into You. It'll solve everything, and that Ginnifer Goodwin can kick some serious ass.
It does look pretty intense. Jennifer Connelly and Scarlett Johansson can't get dates, OH NOES WHATEVER SHALL WE DO?!

Kurosawa Fan
02-02-2009, 03:06 PM
THAT'S IT.

BE THERE.

Which Wal-Mart? See, the fact that you didn't specify lets me know how scared you are of my moves. Everyone knows that a piece of shit dumpy has more than one Wal-Mart!

I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!!!!!

Raiders
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
This thread is very surreal. I read it right after it was posted and just thought it a lame attempt by boner to make fun of the massive proliferation of action movies discussed in this subforum, then others responded with what appeared sincere confusion, then Spinal created Match Cut bylaws which had never been discussed (I have added a clause for ten lashings to any authority figure overstepping their bounds -- unrelated of course to the current issue), then we have Duke being Duke, now K-Fan and Boner are meeting at Wal Mart for an obvious remake of Career Opportunities.

Whew.

Ezee E
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
This thread is very surreal. I read it right after it was posted and just thought it a lame attempt by boner to make fun of the massive proliferation of action movies discussed in this subforum, then others responded with what appeared sincere confusion, then Spinal created Match Cut bylaws which had never been discussed (I have added a clause for ten lashings to any authority figure overstepping their bounds -- unrelated of course to the current issue), then we have Duke being Duke, now K-Fan and Boner are meeting at Wal Mart for an obvious remake of Career Opportunities.

Whew.
FIRE SPINAL. Democracy will elect a new mod!

Spinal
02-02-2009, 04:14 PM
FIRE SPINAL.

The movement is gaining momentum. Man, you should see the anger on the message boards at firespinal.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcxbl_ntuOY).

Kurosawa Fan
02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
The movement is gaining momentum. Man, you should see the anger on the message boards at firespinal.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcxbl_ntuOY).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ezee E
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Awesome.

And by my av, can't you see I've got my hands in the air?

MadMan
02-02-2009, 05:24 PM
FIRE SPINAL. Democracy will elect a new mod!I'm all for anarchy at this point.

Sycophant
02-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm all for anarchy at this point.

Grow out of it.

MadMan
02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Grow out of it.Okay. Up next is support of the monarchy. After that, its all about a right wing dictatorship. I'm slowly working my way up to communism.

Boner M
11-05-2010, 12:46 AM
WELL, WHERE ARE THEY?!

Dukefrukem
11-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Expendables 2?

MadMan
11-07-2010, 06:44 AM
I like this thread. It does good work.

Spinal
11-08-2010, 03:06 AM
I took great delight in reading this thread again for the first time.

Morris Schæffer
11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed like the best place. A big-ass aintitcool interview with legendary 80's producer Menahem Golan (The Delta Force, Over the Top etc...)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47497