If it's true of course.

http://www.mania.com/56703.html

[ETM]
11-22-2007, 12:55 PM
McG?!!!:rolleyes:

Grouchy
11-22-2007, 03:36 PM
;8878']McG?!!!:rolleyes:
Yeah, seriously. What? And a new trilogy of films? When the hell did that happen?

number8
11-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, the Bale news made me spit take this morning.

But the trilogy news was announced last month. They're making a completely separate trilogy taking place in the future. The reason they won't call it Terminator 4 is because it won't be like the previous three movies, since this will be an all-out Sci-Fi War flick.

Rowland
11-22-2007, 05:18 PM
But the trilogy news was announced last month. They're making a completely separate trilogy taking place in the future. The reason they won't call it Terminator 4 is because it won't be like the previous three movies, since this will be an all-out Sci-Fi War flick.That could be cool. For me to accept it though, I'm going to have to pretend that it belongs in some alternate universe from the original two films, which have already had damage done to their integrity by T3's revisionism.

jenniferofthejungle
11-22-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm shocked that he'd lock himself into another series.

Not happy about McG, but Bale is awesome so...

Dukefrukem
12-03-2007, 01:50 AM
best news of the year...

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=9864803c-63b6-42a6-b26f-4c2b3d101a6b&sid=fd-hot3-txt

he Dark Knight himself, Christian Bale, has signed on to star as the heir to the cyborg-battling rebellion in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, the long-awaited fourth installment in the Terminator franchise.

why is it taking so long in between films with this franchise?

megladon8
12-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Old news, already been posted (http://match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=182)

I'm surprised Bale would sign onto another big franchise.

Dukefrukem
12-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Old news, already been posted (http://match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=182)

I'm surprised Bale would sign onto another big franchise.

i believe that was a rumor saying that he was signing on as John Connor...

the signing happened today

megladon8
12-03-2007, 01:59 AM
i believe that was a rumor saying that he was signing on as John Connor...

the signing happened today

Ah, OK.

The article seems a little confusing - the writer doesn't seem to really know what part Bale will play.

That's fine and good, but they kind of jump around between making it sound like Bale is playing Connor, and then making it sound like Bale is playing "a small role".

So...anyone know if he is actually John Connor?

Dukefrukem
12-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Ah, OK.

The article seems a little confusing - the writer doesn't seem to really know what part Bale will play.

That's fine and good, but they kind of jump around between making it sound like Bale is playing Connor, and then making it sound like Bale is playing "a small role".

So...anyone know if he is actually John Connor?

it says in this article that he's gonna play a cyborg gonna kill Connor ... maybe they'll make an army of Bale's because T4 is supposed to take place in the future...after the nukes...

megladon8
12-03-2007, 02:08 AM
it says in this article that he's gonna play a cyborg gonna kill Connor ... maybe they'll make an army of Bale's because T4 is supposed to take place in the future...after the nukes...

I've read the article twice now and maybe I'm blind, but it doesn't say that anywhere.

Dukefrukem
12-03-2007, 02:10 AM
I've read the article twice now and maybe I'm blind, but it doesn't say that anywhere.

you're right. maybe it just says..

"Christian Bale, has signed on to star as the heir to the cyborg-battling rebellion in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" whatever that means

Dukefrukem
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
:( i just felt a feeling of dred... so im guessing Nick Stahl represented the teenage-yougn adult john connor and bale is the fully grown one?

UPDATE: Variety has confirmed the below report that Bale will play John Connor, although no further info about the part was given. The article also (finally) officially confirms McG as director.

lemon
12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I guess he is going to have to spend some more dreaded time in the weight room to get back into his American Psycho-esque physique.

Dukefrukem
12-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I guess he is going to have to spend some more dreaded time in the weight room to get back into his American Psycho-esque physique.

and you don't think he's like that now? he's batman!

Rowland
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I still can't get over McG being the director, and I liked the first Charlie's Angels. Can't the dude at least change his fucking name?

megladon8
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I still can't get over McG being the director, and I liked the first Charlie's Angels. Can't the dude at least change his fucking name?

Yeh, that's sending big warning lights up for me as well.

Ivan Drago
12-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeh, that's sending big warning lights up for me as well.

Same here, but I'm one of the few people who thought We Are Marshall was really good.

Hell, has anyone other than me on this board seen We Are Marshall?

Dukefrukem
12-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Same here, but I'm one of the few people who thought We Are Marshall was really good.

lol. no :pritch:

Morris Schæffer
12-04-2007, 10:46 AM

I've seen it and I suppose it was definitely ok, if still entirely formulaic. I haven't seen Charlie's Angels (though I know it's apparently very silly) and perhaps it shouldn't be used as the sole yardstick for a man's career. Heck, I'm not sure another more respected helmer would have done a much better job. What I do know is that, like Mostow, McG will not match Cameron.

Or not. I guess it's kinda odd that people would look all fit and muscular in Terminator's wartorn future. Perhaps Bale could do frail and inspired at the same time? :)

Morris Schæffer
12-05-2007, 10:47 AM
interview:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20164286,00.html

Basically, Connor is the main star (played by Bale), the budget will be north of 150 mil etc...

Dukefrukem
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
i hope this movie is not as short as the third one... i want it T2 length

Grouchy
12-10-2007, 05:09 AM
A Terminator movie without Arnold is like a hot-dog without a sausage.

I'd like to be more enthusiastic about this, specially since it's more of the apocalyptic future we only got a glimpse of and Bale as Connor seems inspired, but as long as they don't remove McG from the credits, I'm kind of hesitant. Like someone said a few posts back, he doesn't even have an actual name. Shit, for a movie like this you need a DIRECTOR.

And I still haven't seen the third one, by the way.

Rowland
12-10-2007, 05:30 AM
I don't want to count McG out completely yet, if only because Charlie's Angels is better than T3.

Ezee E
12-10-2007, 05:38 AM
I don't want to count McG out completely yet, if only because Charlie's Angels is better than T3.
McG either has an awesome DP or knows how to at least frame a shot. Now if he can just take on a good script, then I'll be fine with him. The Charlie's Angels movies are surprisingly entertaining despite the ridiculousness of its story and dialogue.

Rowland
12-10-2007, 05:42 AM
McG either has an awesome DP or knows how to at least frame a shot. Now if he can just take on a good script, then I'll be fine with him. The Charlie's Angels movies are surprisingly entertaining despite the ridiculousness of its story and dialogue.Well, I can't stand the sequel... the first is a lot of fun though. I have no interest in seeing that football movie he made, but I hope the guy doesn't wind up being a flash in the pan filmmaker. Perhaps his debut was just a lucky accident. And he needs a fucking name.

Ezee E
12-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Well, I can't stand the sequel... the first is a lot of fun though. I have no interest in seeing that football movie he made, but I hope the guy doesn't wind up being a flash in the pan filmmaker. Perhaps his debut was just a lucky accident. And he needs a fucking name.
Yeah. I don't think you can take a name like McG seriously as a director. And I totally forgot about that football movie too. Never saw it so I can't judge that one.

Morris Schæffer
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Perhaps a Charlie's Angels flick isn't the best yardstick to judge a director's capacities. I really liked T3. Naturally inferior to the first two installments, but boy does it kick all kinds of ass when compared to most bloated summer offerings.

megladon8
02-09-2008, 06:56 PM
RottenTomatoes linked to this article on the213.net (http://www.the213.net/php/article.php?id=977) where McG spoke about the movie.

He talks about how he's finding it hard to cast the main Terminator, because a lot of popular male actors are more feminine these days, and the role calls for someone more masculine.

He hinted at the possibility of Josh Brolin :|

Dukefrukem
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
thats an easy fix. they should just ask Gerard Butler

Morris Schæffer
02-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I always thought this guy could make for a frightening cyborg:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/mads_mikkelsen.jpg

megladon8
02-12-2008, 01:05 AM
I always thought this guy could make for a frightening cyborg:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/mads_mikkelsen.jpg

I'd be behind that.

He's a great actor, too. Though the role doesn't really require a stellar command of language or emotion.

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh as The Terminator.

[ETM]
02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm just wondering what's so wrong with "Joseph McGinty Nichol".

Morris Schæffer
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
I guess it is good to know that his royal beardness is "on board."

Apparently, director James Cameron is definitely on board the upcoming Terminator Salvation trilogy. Enough so that he is on the phone with current helmer McG, giving advice on casting choices. Variety reports Cameron suggested his Avatar (slated 2009) star Sam Worthington a worthy choice for the rumored new major role in the trilogy. Director McG promptly brought the Australian actor on board.

Variety also went on to recall the tensions between Cameron and T3:

Cameron never took a public position on the Jonathan Mostow-directed "T3," which grossed more than $430 million worldwide. Speculation is his history with some of the producers could have prompted him to stay on the sidelines.

"T3" was owned by Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna, who years ago bought the rights at a Carolco bankruptcy auction out from under Cameron, prompting the director to remove himself from involvement. And the "T3" rights package included a multimillion-dollar rights buyout and exec producer credit for Gale Anne Hurd, Cameron's former partner and ex-wife. He famously signed over his "Terminator" rights for $1 to her before they made the first film, in exchange for a guarantee he wouldn't be replaced as director. It was a deal that left him on the outside looking in as everyone else cashed in on "T3."

The slate is clean after Halcyon Co. bought out all franchise rights from Kassar and Vajna and set the new film for domestic distribution at Warner Bros. for summer 2009.

Sources said McG spoke on the phone recently with Cameron, who is in New Zealand working on "Avatar." It was during that chat that he recommended Worthington, who in "Avatar" plays a paraplegic war veteran from Earth who's brought to another planet inhabited by a race of humanoids at odds with Earth's inhabitants.

Plot Concept: While the "Terminator Salvation" plot has twists and turns that are being kept under tight wraps, Worthington will play the role of Marcus, a central figure in a three-picture arc that begins after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust. A group of survivors led by John Connor (Christian Bale) struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job.

Dukefrukem
02-13-2008, 04:48 PM
what does this mean?

T3" was owned by Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna, who years ago bought the rights at a Carolco bankruptcy auction out from under Cameron, prompting the director to remove himself from involvement

Why would he exchange the rights to T3?

Morris Schæffer
02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy0H1wuMYA

Oh my that was funny.:)

lovejuice
02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy0H1wuMYA

Oh my that was funny.:)

color me naive but that can't be real, correct?

number8
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
what does this mean?

Why would he exchange the rights to T3?

Read again. It was an auction and they outbid Cameron.

Morris Schæffer
02-13-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm honestly not sure, but I say fake.

number8
02-13-2008, 08:21 PM

It's from the T3 video game. I remember my friend showing me that a few years ago and I laughed my ass off.

Dukefrukem
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
TERMINATOR: SALVATION is rated PG-13

Word came out today that TERMINATOR: SALVATION is shooting for a PG-13 rating, producers citing DIE HARD 4. Sorry, I know DIE HARD 4 has its defenders. I think it's mediocre as an action movie, but it's fucking awful as a Die Hard movie. John McClane wasn't John McClane. He was a cartoon character.

This doesn't bode well for TERMINATOR. Why go PG-13 now? The series has grossed over a billion dollars as R-rated films. When Die Hard was PG-13ed it ceased feeling like a Die Hard movie. You can defend the film and that's fine, but I've not spoken to one person yet who has said it was a better film for being PG-13. They might have accepted it and moved on, enjoyed it for what it is, but no one can explain to me how it benefited the series being PG-13.

I feel the same way about TERMINATOR. Finally we see a future war movie where people are going to die off-screen, Terminators are going to look creepy and fire lasers that don't hit anything...

Variety cites the ability for merchandising with a PG-13 movie... Listen... aside from merchandising being a shitty way to think about what's best for this film, I was 10 when Terminator 2 came out. I saw it twice theatrically. There were toys and trading cards. I bought those, too. I dragged my parents and my friends to see it. I bought it on video when it came out (for the bargain basement price of $40, unheard of at the time for new release videos). They merchandised the fuck out of T2, so I don't buy that excuse.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36618

Morris Schæffer
06-02-2008, 09:28 PM
A rumour:

"Alright so the main character is a cyborg named Marcus. For some background, Marcus was a criminal who was executed in 2003. He donated his body to Project Angel which was involved with SkyNet. They take his body and make a terminator out of him so he's a terminator skeleton but has living muscle/skin and a beating heart too. At the end of the movie John Connor is fighting a T800 model 101 and loses. He dies and the top resistance people come up with a plan to help the resistance keep fighting on. The resistance feels that it's important to keep the image or idea that John Connor is still alive so the resistance keeps going. So they rip off Marcus' skin and put John Connor's on the skeleton so now Marcus is John Connor."

Cool or not cool?

Dukefrukem
06-03-2008, 05:28 PM
whoa whoa whoa... does that describe the end of the movie?

Scar
06-03-2008, 07:34 PM
whoa whoa whoa... does that describe the end of the movie?

Yep.

I'd highly recommend spoiler text.

Scar
06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
It's from the T3 video game. I remember my friend showing me that a few years ago and I laughed my ass off.

First time I'd seen it, and it certainly is hilarious.

Lasse
06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
A rumour:

Cool or not cool?

Uncool. Sounds terribly stupid to me.

Morris Schæffer
06-30-2008, 07:46 PM
New cast member:

Helena Bonham Carter may have a full schedule coming with the final two Harry Potter sequels but she will also be finding some time to shoot some scenes for the upcoming Terminator Salvation trilogy. The trade has announced that she will be co-starring alongside Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Moon Bloodgood, Common and Jadagrace. Director McG is leading the first installment of the new trilogy, based on a screenplay by John Brancato and Michael Ferris.

Her role is reported to be small, but pivotal. Principal photography is already underway in New Mexico with the cast and crew hoping to get a majority of the exterior shots filmed before any potential SAG strike. The trade also passed along a more specific plot concept for the first film.

Sxottlan
07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Stranger and stranger.

[ETM]
07-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Stranger and stranger.

I am fully expecting a CGI cameo by Lawrence Olivier at this juncture.

Qrazy
07-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Why must it be McG, WHY.

Saya
07-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Teaser trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810025211/trailer)

Justin
07-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Color me surprised, that does not look like it is directed by McG at all. Then again, all I have for comparison is the overly cartoony look of the Charlie's Angels movies. I am not expecting anything great, but those short visual shots look better than I imagined.

megladon8
07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow, that looks quite good from the very, very little that is shown.

Bale looks good with short hair.

Morris Schæffer
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I'll never understand why people were judging McG by something inherently infantile as Charlie's Angels. Surely he knows a different approach is needed for a Terminator movie and this teaser is certainly encouraging. Bring that shit on!:)

Dukefrukem
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
looks good so far... i hope they continue the terminator franchise forever...

Morris Schæffer
07-18-2008, 10:49 AM
The new T-800:

http://www.mania.com/new-t800-terminator_article_86369.html

Qrazy
07-18-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll never understand why people were judging McG by something inherently infantile as Charlie's Angels. Surely he knows a different approach is needed for a Terminator movie and this teaser is certainly encouraging. Bring that shit on!:)

Because aside from We Are Marshall that's all he's done? Is WAM really that good?

The footage in the teaser looks like the Max Payne trailer above average to me but not spectacular. I also hate the flickering way the trailer is cut.

Morris Schæffer
07-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Because aside from We Are Marshall that's all he's done? Is WAM really that good?

The footage in the teaser looks like the Max Payne trailer above average to me but not spectacular. I also hate the flickering way the trailer is cut.

Doubt is understandable, but Charlie's Angels is just totally different. WAM is rather formulaic and it is the least of the inspiring sports movies of the past couple of years, but it is a little proof McG can rein in his excesses I suppose. I guess you and I are a little different. I instantly recognize the premise of Terminator: Salvation as original and exciting whereas Max Payne is about a cop who goes on a revenge spree and opposes his department. I'm genuinely hoping for the best, but "Yawn!" is all I can muster for now.

Silencio
07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
What the hell was that? The teaser is so over-edited it's seizure-inducing. I have no expectations for this at all. Especially with Mc-Charlies Angels: Full Throttle-G directing.

Morris Schæffer
07-19-2008, 11:26 AM
a pic:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37528

Qrazy
07-20-2008, 06:10 AM
Doubt is understandable, but Charlie's Angels is just totally different. WAM is rather formulaic and it is the least of the inspiring sports movies of the past couple of years, but it is a little proof McG can rein in his excesses I suppose. I guess you and I are a little different. I instantly recognize the premise of Terminator: Salvation as original and exciting whereas Max Payne is about a cop who goes on a revenge spree and opposes his department. I'm genuinely hoping for the best, but "Yawn!" is all I can muster for now.

Yeah I'm not really talking about the premise or the plot though just the footage in the trailers. I think both look slightly above average for Hollywood action films but I'm not expecting much from either.

Morris Schæffer
07-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Yeah I'm not really talking about the premise or the plot though just the footage in the trailers. I think both look slightly above average for Hollywood action films but I'm not expecting much from either.

Maybe I can align myself with that. Although I'm a little surprised, and certainly not in a bad way, with regards to how the future looks. I guess I expected it to be similar to the previous three movies with lots of darkness, smashed up buildings & playground objects. Instead it looks more like a Mad Max movie. Perhaps that is important for this new trilogy to differentiate itself from the previous one. I think this is a rather cool shot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Lightstorm/TERM.jpg

Looks appropriately desolate and apocalyptic.

Morris Schæffer
07-27-2008, 09:24 AM
For those of you who loved The Dark Knight but are deeply concerned about the quality of McG’s upcoming Terminator Salvation, take heart: At today’s Comic Con press conference for Salvation, McG was asked about the involvement of Dark Knight scribe, Jonah/Jonathan Nolan, someone who McG previously mentioned had worked on the script.

According to McG, Nolan was “the lead writer of the film,” and “I don’t know how the WGA rules work but honest to goodness, we did the heaviest lifting with Jonah.” Currently, Nolan is uncredited on the film’s IMDB page.

Interesting.

@Iosos: My condolances:)

More stuff from comic-con:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37662

megladon8
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Interviews with McG and members of the cast. (http://www.movieweb.com/news/04/30204.php)

McG hints at possible Ahnold involvement, and says that Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" was a great inspiration for the visual style of the film.

Ezee E
07-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Interviews with McG and members of the cast. (http://www.movieweb.com/news/04/30204.php)

McG hints at possible Ahnold involvement, and says that Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" was a great inspiration for the visual style of the film.
"The Road", Children of Men, and Transformers thus far.

It's too bad McG is just an okay director, otherwise I'd possibly get excited.

megladon8
07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
"The Road", Children of Men, and Transformers thus far.

It's too bad McG is just an okay director, otherwise I'd possibly get excited.

I'm thinking people might be pleasantly surprised by this movie.

I haven't seen Friday Night Lights, but the Charlie's Angels movies don't seem like a fair judgement of a person's ability to direct a serious movie.

He does seem like kind of a douche, though.

Ezee E
07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm thinking people might be pleasantly surprised by this movie.

I haven't seen Friday Night Lights, but the Charlie's Angels movies don't seem like a fair judgement of a person's ability to direct a serious movie.

He does seem like kind of a douche, though.
You're thinking of We Are Marshall. I didn't see it, but I'm pretty sure it's worse than Friday Night Lights, which is shit.

megladon8
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
You're thinking of We Are Marshall. I didn't see it, but I'm pretty sure it's worse than Friday Night Lights, which is shit.

Sorry, yes.

Damn sports movies, they're all alike.

Morris Schæffer
07-29-2008, 11:11 AM

You're right about one being worse than the other, but Friday Night Lights, though certainly reminiscent of every other sports movie, isn't shit at all I thought. In fact, it's one of the best of them all along with The Rookie, Rudy and Miracle.

Going back to Cormac McCarthy, I think this opening shot of the trailer is incredibly reminiscent of The Coens No Country for Old Men.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/2681236433_4832e0bc32.jpg

Ezee E
07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
You're right about one being worse than the other, but Friday Night Lights, though certainly reminiscent of every other sports movie, isn't shit at all I thought. In fact, it's one of the best of them all along with The Rookie, Rudy and Miracle.

Going back to Cormac McCarthy, I think this opening shot of the trailer is incredibly reminiscent of The Coens No Country for Old Men.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/2681236433_4832e0bc32.jpg
Open roads in Texas tend to look alike.

Morris Schæffer
07-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Open roads in Texas tend to look alike.

Yeah, but they're somehow more memorable and atmospheric when seen through the lens of a filmmaker.

Look, I'm just putting together the pieces man. McG has said that Cormac McCarthy's The Road was an inspiration. McCarthy also wrote No Country for Old Men and this shot is reminiscent of that. Clearly, this terminator will have a look unlike the others judging from this trailer. But Breathe easy! Terminator: Salvation won't be better than your precious No Country for Old Men.:)

Ezee E
07-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah, but they're somehow more memorable and atmospheric when seen through the lens of a filmmaker.

Look, I'm just putting together the pieces man. McG has said that Cormac McCarthy's The Road was an inspiration. McCarthy also wrote No Country for Old Men and this shot is reminiscent of that. Clearly, this terminator will have a look unlike the others judging from this trailer. But Breathe easy! Terminator: Salvation won't be better than your precious No Country for Old Men.:)
How observant of you.

number8
07-29-2008, 09:48 PM
This may sound weird, but I was pretty impressed with the Comic Con trailer.

And hilariously, McG was the smartest, most eloquent director at the Con this year. Either he really knows his shit or he rehearsed everything he said.

Morris Schæffer
07-31-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/28784.jpg

Dukefrukem
07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
and this is the early Terminator model?

Morris Schæffer
07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
and this is the early Terminator model?

Yeah, the T-600 I guess. Notice the DNA thingie in his eye?

number8
08-01-2008, 06:09 PM
They're thinking of the Terminator models as the progression of computers (McG used Apple computers as an analogy--from the old Mac to Macbook Air). Since this takes place right after Judgment Day but before the events in T1, the Terminators in this are not yet as sophisticated as Arnold's T-800. They're all 8-feet tall and clunky to make room for the big hard drive.

megladon8
08-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Most likely bullshit, but a couple of websites reported that Linda Hamilton signed on for all three new Terminator movies. (http://chud.com/articles/articles/15874/1/SARAH-CON-NER/Page1.html)

Morris Schæffer
09-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Holy Mary mother of God!!!!!!

http://www.mania.com/content_pics/43486_large.jpg

It's Arnie meeting Bale!!!!

Okay, so perhaps for a bout of backgammon.

Dukefrukem
09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I bet Arnold will have a cameo.

Morris Schæffer
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Presumably:

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/38280

megladon8
11-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Concept art. (http://filmonic.com/terminator-salvation-concept-designs)

A video about the concept art, with some new footage from the film. (http://filmonic.com/terminator-salvation-footage)

I like the look of the T-600, but not too sure how I feel about those "moto-terminators".

Morris Schæffer
11-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Awesomeness!!

http://www.sonypictures.net/movies/terminatorsalvation/poster.html

megladon8
11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Doesn't work for me :(

What is it?

Qrazy
11-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Doesn't work for me :(

What is it?

It's a bird's eye view of a cityscape and then two explosions which form eyes as the city gradually morphs into the face of the Terminator.

megladon8
11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Yikes. It could be a case of a quote taken out of context, but from what Josh Brolin has said about the film's script and his asking Christian Bale about the film, it doesn't sound great...

Brolin 'No Regrets' Over Terminator

26 November 2008 4:04 AM, PST

Actor Josh Brolin has no regrets about turning down a part in Terminator Salvation - because the final script is totally different to the one he originally read.

Brolin was offered a part in the futuristic sequel alongside the film's star, Christian Bale. But although he liked the concept, Brolin decided against the move.

And he is convinced he made the right choice because moviemakers have drastically altered the script - meaning the picture which will eventually appear onscreen will be completely different to the film he nearly signed on to.

He tells Moviehole.net, "I really liked the script though I hear that.s not what they filmed. The one I read was very interesting and dark. Ultimately though I didn't think it felt right.

"I saw (Bale) recently and I asked him how it was and he said, 'It's all right...'"

Ezee E
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Sounds out of context to me.

I don't really expect a light-hearted Terminator movie. And Bale might always just say, "It's alright,"

Where does that quote come from?

megladon8
11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Sounds out of context to me.

I don't really expect a light-hearted Terminator movie. And Bale might always just say, "It's alright,"

Where does that quote come from?

Just an article on IMDb.

Ezee E
11-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Just an article on IMDb.
Eh. To be taken as seriously as a British entertainment newspaper then.

Qrazy
11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
I really expect nothing from McG. I would be happy with it's just alright.

Sxottlan
12-05-2008, 08:38 AM
A few more shots from an upcoming trailer is here (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51017). E.T. will have the full trailer Tuesday, but I guess it'll be in theatres next Friday with The Day the Earth Stood Still (along with the Wolverine trailer apparently).

Morris Schæffer
12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
That giant robot at the end looked awful. I understand this being a new franchise in some ways and that they need to add some new stuff, but what scared me about the original robots was their peculiarly humanoid characteristics. This robot looks like cannon fodder.

Scar
12-06-2008, 01:14 PM
There's always been some really big robots in the 'future flashback' sequences.

The Terminators were developed later on as infiltration units, while the big boys were designed for mass anhilation.

Dukefrukem
12-07-2008, 01:25 AM
That giant robot at the end looked awful. I understand this being a new franchise in some ways and that they need to add some new stuff, but what scared me about the original robots was their peculiarly humanoid characteristics. This robot looks like cannon fodder.

I got the same impression. We never saw anything like this in the other terminators, except for the tank things and the flying ships.

number8
12-07-2008, 03:41 AM
I got the same impression. We never saw anything like this in the other terminators, except for the tank things and the flying ships.

Well, that's the idea. This is decades before the future scenes we saw in the previous movies. The explanation is that as they refined the technology better, they were able to make more efficient Terminators. The giant Terminator got upgraded to the T-800, then upgraded into the T-1000, then the T-X. You know, like computers.

Morris Schæffer
12-07-2008, 11:25 AM
There's always been some really big robots in the 'future flashback' sequences.

The Terminators were developed later on as infiltration units, while the big boys were designed for mass anhilation.

Good point buddy. Still, there's something generic about this one, unlike the hunter killers which have always looked bloody awesome.

You and number8 have a point however.:)

EvilShoe
12-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Seems the larger a terminator is, the less threatening. Don't care for this design.

Don't think I'll care for this movie either.

Saya
12-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6eRkFNCDgKk) is the Japanese trailer. I think it will be pulled from the site pretty soon, so watch it as soon as possible.

I kinda like it. Looks like a fun action movie.

Kurosawa Fan
12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Looks lame. And Bale bringing his Batman voice to this role as well is even lamer.

Dukefrukem
12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't think it looks too bad. I'm in.

Sycophant
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Every time this is the most recently updated thread in the upcoming forum, it appears on the main page, "Holy shit!" being loudly proclaimed to all. I giggle a little each time I see that.

Qrazy
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I'll probably see it but I'm expecting even less than what we got from the third film... which was an acceptable genre entry but not a great film.

Dukefrukem
12-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Here (http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/terminator-salvation/japanese-trailer) is another host of the trailer.

The Mike
12-10-2008, 04:55 AM
"If you saved us once in another future, then you can save us again here."

*head explodes*

Dukefrukem
12-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Well, that's the idea. This is decades before the future scenes we saw in the previous movies. The explanation is that as they refined the technology better, they were able to make more efficient Terminators. The giant Terminator got upgraded to the T-800, then upgraded into the T-1000, then the T-X. You know, like computers.

I missed this post and I like this logic. I better see some huge terminators!

Morris Schæffer
12-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Okay, this looks like a tasty enough package!

DavidSeven
12-10-2008, 06:04 PM
That voice must be stopped.

Morris Schæffer
12-10-2008, 08:52 PM
That voice must be stopped.

He's John Connor!! Must he speak like Gilbert Gotfried?:P

Dukefrukem
12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
On Apple now too. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/)

DavidSeven
12-11-2008, 01:03 AM
He's John Connor!! Must he speak like Gilbert Gotfried?:P

He could talk normal. I don't recall Nick Stahl growling his lines.

The Mike
12-11-2008, 04:10 AM

*waves hand in air*

You do not recall Nick Stahl.....

Morris Schæffer
12-11-2008, 10:49 AM

He was a boy. The Connor we see now is becoming the battle-hardened, uber-grizzled, leader of the resistance.

EvilShoe
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Looks really bland. Can't be worse than Bale's last post-apocalyptic outing, though.

Morris Schæffer
01-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Composer Danny Elfman joins the movie.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/09/exclusive-danny-elfman-to-score-terminator-salvation/

lovejuice
01-16-2009, 12:12 AM
is it just me or we don't actually see that many "robots"? from the trailer, they might just as well fighting the 'nam.

Dukefrukem
01-16-2009, 02:30 AM
is it just me or we don't actually see that many "robots"? from the trailer, they might just as well fighting the 'nam.

I bet you those bikes are robots.

Morris Schæffer
01-19-2009, 10:47 AM
McG talks T:S

***MINOR SPOILERS***

Director McG is nothing if not a born salesmen. Words flow easily from his tongue when addressing the press--which he did this past Wednesday at the Director's Guild of America building in Los Angeles while unveiling a series of new clips from this summer's Terminator: Salvation. He spoke clearly and articulately about the vision he hopes to convey, while remaining remarkably open about previous entries in the franchise ("I wasn't a huge fan of the third one"), his own initial ambivalence about the project, and the absolute necessity of securing the blessing of James Cameron (who directed the first two Terminator pictures). Combined with the apparent dedication to the project and the white-knuckle intensity of some of the footage he showed (totaling about 15 minutes' worth), it basically makes him the ideal director for a huge studio project like this one.

The clips themselves focused primarily on new mechanical horrors, created by the malevolent Skynet in a post-apocalyptic 2018 and set loose to wipe humanity off the planet once and for all. In the first, a gigantic robot known as a "harvester" uncovers a colony of survivors in the desert, dispatching those who try to flee with blasts from an energy cannon while scooping the remainder up on a transport ship bound for "experimentation" camps. (The hapless test subjects will apparently serve as research for the ubiquitous T-800 infiltration units immortalized by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Cameron films.) Two of the film's protagonists--Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington) and a young Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin)--do battle with the behemoth, as well as a pair of twin AI motorcycles which pursue them across the desert.

The second clip centers around a lake in the desert, containing a series of water-bound "hydro-terminators" which attack a chopper containing Wright and John Connor (Christian Bale), the leader of the human resistance. The clip ends with the two in a heated--possibly fatal--stand-off over how best to rescue Reese, who has fallen into the clutches of the machines.

To see the clips is to settle a fair amount of anxiety about the project. They feature a deliberately washed-out look, similar to the kind seen in Saving Private Ryan and Gladiator. The edits lend a great sense of pacing and while many the effects were still being polished, the overall vision was very much in keeping with the Terminator universe. In between the clips, McG spoke at length about the process he used to achieve the film's look, the work of collaborators such as Bale, and the way he approached earlier contributors to the franchise--including Cameron, Schwarzenegger and late effects maestro Stan Winston--to gain their approval. A transcript of some of his comments follows:

On the Film's Look:

"We went and got a dead stock from Kodak--a type of film stock they don't make any longer--and I deliberately subjected it to a lot of heat, so it would damage the film. Then I went out to Panavision and did a lot of experimentation. Their state-of-the-art lenses are called Primo lenses, and I wanted their older lenses--called UltraSpeed lenses--which have flares and flaws and different qualities. Most importantly, when we shot the film, we processed it with three times as much silver as you would traditionally process a color stock. All in the interest of creating this otherworldly look, which was the result of talking to people at CalTech, and studying Chernobyl, and discussing what the world would look like and smell like and taste like in a post-apocalyptic capacity. I wanted the world to have a really tactile sense, and a feeling of difficulty and duress. The stock wasn't conducive to shooting in IMAX, but we're going to bump it up to IMAX and it holds up very nicely.

"One of the fun things about the movie was the becoming of the technology. You really only know the T-800 from 2029, embodied by Schwarzenegger, and the Robert Patrick character, the T-1000. And like any kind of technology--your car, your computer, your cell phone--it starts big and clunky and slow, and gets leaner and faster and meaner all the while. Basically, this movie is about the becoming of the T-800. The 800s are ahead of schedule and that's a problem: if that thing gets out, it's curtains for humanity. It was fun in this movie to talk about the Hunter-Killers that Jim [Cameron] had established, the transports that take people to Skynet--the movie takes a look at Skynet--the moto-terminators that operate on the roads, and the harvesters that collect the people to do all that nasty research that leads to the T-800.

"At the end of the day, there needed to be a realism that went with all that. I don't like movies that have actors emoting to c-stands with tennis balls on them. I don't like that at all. We built everything real. Christian basically broke his hand fighting a big T-600 prop in the opening sequence of the picture. I always like to give the actors something real and something menacing to fight against, and then obviously we can get in there in a CG capacity and do the natural extension."

[B]On Christian Bale:

"I knew [getting him] was a long shot, but as he says himself, he's bloody-minded. The more people say, 'Hey don't do this,' the more it piques his morbid sense of curiosity. I went over to England, where he was shooting The Dark Knight at Battersea Station. He read the [early version of the] script and said, 'I'm not going to do it,' and basically told me to fuck right off. I said, 'I don't like it either, but here's what it's going to be.' I gave him a copy of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, I gave him a copy of Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. And he said, 'Look man, it's gotta be on the page. If you could ever get it to a point where you could read it cold on an empty stage--no special effects, no surround sound, no bullshit--and engage the audience, then we would have something to talk about.'

"So I took that challenge, and went to Jonah Nolan--Chris Nolan's brother [and co-screenwriter on The Dark Knight]--and we got to talking about the prospect of what this move could be and how we could honor the audience. We started working on the story and finally got it to a point where Christian agreed to be a part of the film. That commitment meant everything. Bale will do two or three pages of dialogue where I don't cut… and he will be so in tune with his instrument, he will choose where to breathe, where to blink, choices of inflection, choices of physicality. It is just stunning to watch this guy do his thing. Therein lies the respect of the film."

On James Cameron:

"When the picture started gaining momentum, I thought I should talk to Jim Cameron. It was my understanding that he wasn't crazy about the third picture, and I didn't want to take on an undertaking of this magnitude with him not feeling good about what we're up to. I have too much respect for what he did and what Schwarzenegger did, and it would just be a drag to make a Terminator movie if those guys didn't want you doing it.

"So I went down to the Avatar set and talked to Jim. He said, 'I can't tell you that I'm in favor of what you're going to do, but I would prefer that you make a good film. Having said that, what's your take on the movie?' He was tough. I said, 'The reason that this story is worth telling is because it happens after Judgment Day.' He sort of cocked his head to the left and nodded a little bit. Then he said, 'That's interesting. What are you going to do to make it original?' I got him to a place where he told me a story about how when he was making Aliens, people thought he was crazy. They said, 'Who the fuck is this guy Jim Cameron?! He's done Piranha II and now he thinks he can follow Ridley Scott?!' But he felt he could honor the original material and continue to tell the story that Ridley started. So that inspired me."

On Stan Winston:

"Winston created the original Terminators, he created the queen in Aliens, he created the Predator, the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. He's a legend in our industry. I went and talked to Stan, and we saw it the same way. He started getting excited and we started talking about creating a T-600 [earlier Terminator units which preceded the T-800], and I told him I really wanted to build it. I wanted it to look like a Russian tank: something mean and nasty, and of that dirty future. Sort of the [H.R.] Giger fatigue that you see in the Alien pictures. Sadly, Stan passed during the making of this movie and it's my intention to dedicate this film to his memory. He's provided so much for all of us as film fans."

On Arnold Schwarzenegger:

"I spoke to Schwarzenegger and we'll be showing him the film shortly. This project is a double-edged sword because we have begun again: this is a new idea with new Terminators and new language. But he is such a fundamental part of it. He's our partner, he gets it, and he does indeed wish us well. I look forward to showing him the movie--obviously at his convenience, because he's got his hands full. [Schwarzenegger is the Governor of California and currently embroiled in a serious budget mess.] But I didn't want to do the movie if Schwarzenegger wasn't onboard. I want Schwarzenegger at least feeling respected, and Cameron feeling respected."

On Additional Sequels:

"We've broken the stories for a second and a third movie. We don't explore time travel in this movie and that's a huge part of the mythology. Having said that, we would never be so bold as to presume there will be another movie. A lot of people get in trouble making movies, thinking they've got the next thing since sliced bread. Then the audience goes like this [makes the thumbs down motion] and there isn't a second movie. I would never presume another movie, even though Christian and I talked about it at length. We're ready to go should the audience jump up and say, 'Hey, we want it!' I leave that to the audience."

Lasse
01-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Slightly encouraging.

number8
01-19-2009, 06:14 PM
"I got him to a place where he told me a story about how when he was making Aliens, people thought he was crazy. They said, 'Who the fuck is this guy Jim Cameron?! He's done Piranha II and now he thinks he can follow Ridley Scott?!' But he felt he could honor the original material and continue to tell the story that Ridley started. So that inspired me."

Cool story, and it does validates him somewhat. Of course the difference is that Piranha II was fucking awesome and Charlie's Angels was not.

Morris Schæffer
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Yah it's a cool interview, but apparently Cameron had very little to do with Piranha II. The production was taken out of his hands I believe.

How dare they?!!

Morris Schæffer
02-02-2009, 10:51 AM
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009/01/terminator-dire.html

McG talks again. I dunno, but he sounds encouraging.

Dukefrukem
02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Christian Bale goes apeshit on the set of Terminator: Salvation when the director of photography interrupts the scene.
(http://www.dlisted.com/node/30494)

Audio Clip Here (http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3)

This is a damn riot.

Dukefrukem
02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009/01/terminator-dire.html

McG talks again. I dunno, but he sounds encouraging.

That was an awesome read. I like where he went to talk to Cameron who said he reserves the right to hate it.

Amnesiac
02-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Christian Bale goes apeshit on the set of Terminator: Salvation when the director of photography interrupts the scene.

In terms of his public image, I'd say that it's pretty unfortunate that this leaked out. Especially with all the drama regarding his sister and mother that occurred around the premiere of The Dark Knight. Even so, at least it's not as bad as David O. Russel's tantrum.

number8
02-03-2009, 02:20 AM

Audio Clip Here (http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3)

This is a damn riot.

Haha I just came across this and went here to see if it's been posted. McG is hilarious in this.

"G, can you talk to this fucking guy?"
"Uhhhh... I didn't see it happen."

Sycophant
02-03-2009, 02:25 AM
FYI, this is being discussed by a few more people over in the FDT.

Dukefrukem
02-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Haha I just came across this and went here to see if it's been posted. McG is hilarious in this.

"G, can you talk to this fucking guy?"
"Uhhhh... I didn't see it happen."

"Ooo goooood for you.... and how was it?"

[ETM]
02-03-2009, 03:20 PM
The remix on youtube is awesome.:lol:

Watashi
02-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Bale issued an apology:

The thing I really want to stress is that I have NO confusion what-so-ever. I was out of order beyond belief. I acted like a punk. I regret that and there is nobody that has heard that tape that is hit harder by it than me. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable.”

“In [T2] you will meet Sarah Connor. And she is in an insane asylum—why is she there? Because she is crazy. Now I play John Connor her son, and on the day that all of this happened, the scene that we were doing, I was trying to show a little of that in-the-blood craziness, and it went a little wrong… I took it way too far, and I completely mixed up fact and fiction. I’m half John Connor, I’m half Christian there.”

“I’ve not only talked with [DP Shane Hurlbut], we’ve resolved this completely. That very day we kept working for a number of hours. Listen when I’m saying I’m not coming back on that set if he’s still hired, it’s hot air. I don’t believe that. I have no intention of getting anybody fired.”

“And another thing: a lot of people that I was a bully to this guy. That’s an insult to Shane. He is a big guy. I couldn’t have bullied that guy if I tried. He’s much bigger than me—he’s an ex-friggin football player

number8
02-06-2009, 07:33 PM
METHOD!

The Mike
02-06-2009, 10:59 PM
So, they are in fact NOT done professionally. Which makes him a liar too. :sad:

Love the "I wasn't bullying him, he's bigger than me" logic. If that was true, my fat ass would be Snake Plissken.

Spinal
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I knew he was going to pull the 'method' card. "I'm sooooooooo deep in character I just don't know what comes over me sometimes." :rolleyes:

megladon8
02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought he handled it pretty well.

The "method" stuff definitely set off my Bullshit Detector, but I'm glad to hear that he doesn't really have any lasting issues with the guy.

Bale remains a good guy in my books.

Ezee E
02-07-2009, 03:53 PM
but I'm glad to hear that he doesn't really have any lasting issues with the guy.

Of course he doesn't. Everyone is honest in interviews and apologies, especially a year after it was done. :rolleyes:

megladon8
02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Of course he doesn't. Everyone is honest in interviews and apologies, especially a year after it was done. :rolleyes:

Grudges aren't good in Hollywood. It only leads to limitations in your potential work.

I believe him when he says there's no issue anymore.

Spun Lepton
02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
New News: Terminator: Salvation Director of Photography is a "douchebag" and Bale is actually considered "a hero" on the set.

Wah-wah-waahwahwahwahwah ...</sad horn>

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=18971

Bale became a hero to cast and crew after his tirade against (director of photography) Hurlbut, who was widely despised, sources tell RadarOnline.com exclusively. "Hurlbut was a condescending (bleep) to everyone," a source told us. His favorite line was "Why don't you go stab yourself in the head, you idiot."

Sycophant
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Guys, why was there a trailer for this after my screening of The Wrestler at my local independent art theater?

Dukefrukem
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
New News: Terminator: Salvation Director of Photography is a "douchebag" and Bale is actually considered "a hero" on the set.

Wah-wah-waahwahwahwahwah ...</sad horn>

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=18971

Bale became a hero to cast and crew after his tirade against (director of photography) Hurlbut, who was widely despised, sources tell RadarOnline.com exclusively. "Hurlbut was a condescending (bleep) to everyone," a source told us. His favorite line was "Why don't you go stab yourself in the head, you idiot."

How much water does this hold? People were pretty pissed off at Bale during the initial leak.

megladon8
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Bale went out of his way during the rant to say that he's "a nice guy", so I find this a little hard to believe.

Usually if you're so mad at someone that you're shouting and cursing at them like that, you don't take a moment to say how they're so nice.

Boner M
02-09-2009, 11:51 PM
I knew he was going to pull the 'method' card. "I'm sooooooooo deep in character I just don't know what comes over me sometimes." :rolleyes:
I think I'm less offended by his rant than the mere fact that he'd go all Kirk Lazarus for McG's Terminator 4. Some films just aren't worth it, dude.

Sycophant
02-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Actually, I think as an actor, even if it's Terminator 4, you should approach it with everything you've got.

number8
02-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Usually if you're so mad at someone that you're shouting and cursing at them like that, you don't take a moment to say how they're so nice.

What? It's Hollywood.

megladon8
02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
What? It's Hollywood.

I don't understand this retort.

Hollywood people are nice?

Sycophant
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Hollywood people spout sunshine at each other by reflex.

megladon8
02-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I like Christian Bale's radio interview about the incident. (http://kroq-data.com/wah/wah/audio/?a=1129)

number8
02-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't understand this retort.

Hollywood people are nice?

In Hollywood, the accepted custom is to compliment the shit out of everybody, even when you hate their guts. Especially after a scandal, you really didn't think Christian Bale would issue an apology where he kisses the other guy's ass and tell the public it's all good and they're best buds and all that?

So I'm not sure why you'd take Bale's "nice guy" public statement as truth over everyone else (anonymously) calling the guy an asshole.

megladon8
02-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Linda Hamilton's in talks to return as Sarah Connor in this movie. (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/02/19/exclusive-linda-hamilton-in-negotiations-for-terminator-salvation/)

I imagine it won't extend much further than a voice-over, or perhaps a very, very short flashback scene.

The movie comes out in just over two months. Seems a little late to just be starting negotiations for her to have a role.

Dukefrukem
02-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Id like to see her in it somehow. I was disappointed she didn't have a cameo in 3.

Morris Schæffer
03-03-2009, 10:41 AM
new trailer:

http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/

Top of the page!

I'll see it for sure. Looks like fun, but there's some ear-splitting music in that trailer. At least i think so because I was at work and didn't have the volume maxed out.

The cycles do something really cool during the chase!

megladon8
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
That looks pretty cool.

I'm anxious to find out the reason why the machines would make a machine that looks like and even thinks it is a human.

Maybe it has some kind of failsafe device where it suddenly activates and starts killing people.

Lasse
03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Right. I'm sold.

The movie may still suck, but judging from the trailer, it looks great.

Dukefrukem
03-03-2009, 08:53 PM
That was an awesome trailer.

Dead & Messed Up
03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Hollywood people spout sunshine at each other by reflex.

Unless it's a union / non-union spat.

Ezee E
03-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Love the trailer. Might be my #2 behind Inglorious Basterds.

number8
03-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Pretty much the awesomest lobby display ever:

http://www.latinoreview.com/images/user/terminatornew2.jpg

Dukefrukem
04-17-2009, 04:27 PM
new Motorola ad... has nothing to do with the movie

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/04/beckham_term.jpg

megladon8
05-15-2009, 12:58 AM
McG had to cut a topless Moon Bloodgood scene from the film, both to please the ratings board (the film is PG-13) and he claims it felt gratuitous.

However, he's gone on the record saying that they're already working on an unrated cut for the DVD with more than 20 minutes of deleted scenes...so here's hopin'!

The Mike
05-15-2009, 01:01 AM
McG had to cut a topless Moon Bloodgood scene from the film, both to please the ratings board (the film is PG-13) and he claims it felt gratuitous.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry:

Also, I just realized yesterday that Sam Worthington and Sam Huntington are not the same person. This movie makes so much more sense now. :lol:

megladon8
05-15-2009, 01:04 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry:

Also, I just realized yesterday that Sam Worthington and Sam Huntington are not the same person. This movie makes so much more sense now. :lol:

I've had this problem, too.

I kept thinking "Jimmy Olsen is playing a terminator? Really??"

Dukefrukem
05-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Whoa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rt_GOLlRc)

Qrazy
05-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Who names their child Moon Bloodgood.

BuffaloWilder
05-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Is it weird that this is more futurist-looking than Children of Men, but takes place almost nine years before that film's time-frame?

number8
05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Who names their child Moon Bloodgood.

Stage name. Her real first name is Korinna.

Scar
05-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Is it weird that this is more futurist-looking than Children of Men, but takes place almost nine years before that film's time-frame?

No.

Dead & Messed Up
05-16-2009, 12:09 AM

No more ridiculous than Terminator 2's opinion of 1997. I'm at the point now where I find those anachronistic assumptions kind of charming. I'm looking forward to purchasing a hoverboard in six years.

Dukefrukem
05-16-2009, 12:24 AM
No more ridiculous than Terminator 2's opinion of 1997. I'm at the point now where I find those anachronistic assumptions kind of charming. I'm looking forward to purchasing a hoverboard in six years.

I'm looking forward to getting fined for swearing in 23 years.

megladon8
05-16-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. From the trailers and things I've been reading, it sounds like McG has some neat tricks up his sleeve here.

But I still wish it was freaking R-rated :evil:

Scar
05-16-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm looking forward to getting fined for swearing in 23 years.

I'm fucked.

lovejuice
05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
not only does john anderson praise Salvation, but he thinks it's better than Judgement Day! (http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940262.html?categoryid=3 1&cs=1)

Dukefrukem
05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
not only does john anderson praise Salvation, but he thinks it's better than Judgement Day! (http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940262.html?categoryid=3 1&cs=1)

Not possible.

[/conversation]

number8
05-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Yeah, this was terrible. Awfully flat all the way through, as if the entire cast were all robots (ho ho). And McG's action direction is seriously retarded. Enough with the CGI explosions and people flying and cameras swooping in and out of shit. I didn't like it in the Charlie's Angels movies and I certainly didn't like it here.

Morris Schæffer
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Aw, that's too bad. How is it compared to T3 number8?

Because I had a blast with it even though numerous others were dissapointed.

number8
05-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Meh, I dunno. I watched T3 once six years ago and hated it. The more I reflect on this movie, the more I hate it. Both suck at equal levels, I suppose. I'm somewhat inclined to think this is worse. T3, at least, I remember, had some impressive stunts with the fire engine scene and a sense of weight in the bathroom brawl. Here's it's all fucking sleek anime-looking CGI shots.

number8
05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Also, I start to see why Spinal dislike Bale so much. It's a completely monotone performance. His character is practically useless in this movie. I can't for the life of me guess which was the scene he was supposedly so emotional about when he had that outburst. He just walks around acting like a generic soldier for the whole thing.

Dukefrukem
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
here's someone who agrees with 8 (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41140)

I hate the film. Pure and simple. I loathe it. I hated it so much I didn’t want to see my friend’s faces afterwards. I just wanted to go home and vent. I really really hate this film. I hate how much effort so many great artists and technicians put into a film that’s this fucking bad. Ultimately its just shit moving, like a sewer pipe. I hate that there isn’t a sustained scene or sequence that I love as much as the best moment from TERMINATOR 3. I hate that when I left the theater I felt empty and let down. That I felt like writing a review like this instead of fucking dry humping a great TERMINATOR movie

Sycophant
05-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I hated it so much I didn’t want to see my friend’s faces afterwards. I just wanted to go home and vent.

Why didn't he vent to his friends?

EvilShoe
05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I see Knowles is still a master at building suspense:

But as I held that TERMINATOR Blu-Ray… I sat it down and I didn’t put it in. I thought. You know, maybe that would be stacking the deck against McG. This is a beginning of a new series. I should just go in and let it play for me.

Yoko called me from work about 30 minutes before she got off and I was already annoyingly excited about the movie, demanding that she come home immediately so we could get to the theater. I wanted to be at the theater. I wanted to see the line of anxious fans. I wanted the excitement to envelope me. I feed on that kind of psychic geek energy. This is big summer movie energy.
But it was more than that.

I was 12 when THE TERMINATOR came out and thank God, my parents were the kind of awesome people that let me watch it. Now – that movie is all kinds of awesome greatness – but the thing that captured my imagination were those glimpses of the future mythology. The resistance. Purple lasers shooting & blowing the fuck out of robots. In a fearful world where anyone looking human could suddenly whip out a gun and start killing everyone. It scared the fuck out of me, but it fascinated me.

megladon8
05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
here's someone who agrees with 8 (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41140)

That review reads more like someone who was letdown by the film's not living up to their Terminator expectations.

It didn't really say much about the movie.

Watashi
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
35% on the tomatometer.

Armond White loved it.

Watashi
05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Oh, and even if the movie sucks, that Knowles review is obnoxious.

Sycophant
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Oh, and even if the movie [sucks/rocks], that Knowles [review/piece/quote] is obnoxious.

With some minor adjustments, this sentence now applies to everything Knowles has ever written or said about anything!

number8
05-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Armond White loved it.

I just don't know anymore.

Sven
05-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Wats, next time read the thing before seeing a red tomato and just assuming that means "love." The bulk of his review is negative.

Dukefrukem
05-20-2009, 08:09 PM
http://news.cnet.com/i/ne/sr05/socialrev/knowles_550x359.jpg

Scar
05-20-2009, 08:10 PM
http://news.cnet.com/i/ne/sr05/socialrev/knowles_550x359.jpg

The real McDreamy.

Watashi
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Wats, next time read the thing before seeing a red tomato and just assuming that means "love." The bulk of his review is negative.
I was aware there is no "middle-ground" in White's repertoire. It's either "hipster nihilism" or "making love to Wes Anderson".

megladon8
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I know it's very sad and a terrible thing to happen to anyone - being crippled, that is. Losing the use of my legs would be a truly horrible thing.

But I can't help but laugh a little when I read just how he was crippled. It really is like something out of "The Simpsons".

Dukefrukem
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I know it's very sad and a terrible thing to happen to anyone - being crippled, that is. Losing the use of my legs would be a truly horrible thing.

But I can't help but laugh a little when I read just how he was crippled. It really is like something out of "The Simpsons".

The way it's describe on wiki is very funny.

In 1994, Knowles fell while pushing a cart up a ramp at a convention, and was subsequently run over by the cart with its 1200 pound load of memorabilia. The accident injured his back and left him virtually bedridden. With money from his mother's life insurance, he purchased a top-of-the-line computer and a friend arranged for Internet service allegedly so they could play Doom online together

Do you think he doesn't shave his neck beard because he cant life his head high enough to stretch out the fat?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e6/Harry_Knowles.jpg/450px-Harry_Knowles.jpg

ok im done making fun of him before a 1200 lbs cart of memorabilia rolls over me.

Scar
05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me....

I'm sorry, but :lol:

megladon8
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
To be more specific, I believe it was a cart full of Star Wars memorabilia that crushed him.

You know, just to get the facts straight :lol:

Sycophant
05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
No judgment on you guys intended here, but man. I just can't find that funny.

megladon8
05-20-2009, 09:01 PM
No judgment on you guys intended here, but man. I just can't find that funny.

Possibly one of the biggest nerds in existence gets run over by his own cart full of Star Wars memorabilia.

You really don't find anything amusing about that at all?

Dead & Messed Up
05-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Possibly one of the biggest nerds in existence gets run over by his own cart full of Star Wars memorabilia.

It really does seem like something that would happen to Comic Book Store Guy.

Sycophant
05-20-2009, 09:26 PM

Apparently not.

Watashi
05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
This film was pretty good. I'm surprised by the negative reviews. A whole lot better than T3.

Qrazy
05-21-2009, 10:41 AM

http://filmmusik.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/cablehogue.jpg

The Ballad of Harry Knowles

Qrazy
05-21-2009, 10:43 AM
In relation to the film, I'm not surprised it sucks, McG sucks. Chuck is by far the best thing he's ever done.

Dukefrukem
05-21-2009, 12:49 PM
This film was pretty good. I'm surprised by the negative reviews. A whole lot better than T3.

I was expecting at least this.

Ezee E
05-21-2009, 10:17 PM
This was not better than T3. While there is technology that is capable of making good action sequences, they are not well used here. Essentially, this was cut scenes put into a video game. The fact that one second there's rain and Bloodgood puts her gun away, and then match cut to her being mugged is a great example.

Very disappointed. Worthington is the best thing about this though.

Acapelli
05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
This was not better than T3. While there is technology that is capable of making good action sequences, they are not well used here. Essentially, this was cut scenes put into a video game. The fact that one second there's rain and Bloodgood puts her gun away, and then match cut to her being mugged is a great example.

Very disappointed. Worthington is the best thing about this though.
i find this more believable

Watashi
05-21-2009, 10:39 PM
You people need to watch T3 again.

Watashi
05-21-2009, 11:17 PM
This is a much better film than Transformers.

Sxottlan
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
I enjoyed this film.

Acapelli
05-21-2009, 11:32 PM
You people need to watch T3 again.
i've seen t3 about 3 or 4 times, with the last time being last year

its a lot of fun, which salvation seems to be lacking based on the reviews

Watashi
05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
i've seen t3 about 3 or 4 times, with the last time being last year

its a lot of fun, which salvation seems to be lacking based on the reviews
See, that's my problem. I don't think it's suppose to be "fun". T2 was a fun film, but that was set in our timeline. Salvation is set in an apocalyptic war between man and machines. I think McG captured the bleak and hopelessness of this war better than I thought he would. The themes of diversity and "what is man?" are filler stuff, but the action is definitely intense.

And I actually liked Bale's performance. He played Conner like a gruff asshole through out the entire film, but it still felt natural considering the surroundings. I loved when he started yelling at people for no apparant reason.

lovejuice
05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
i like T3. partly because it's so un-cameron. but then that too is the reason it sucks.

Ezee E
05-22-2009, 12:23 AM
The characters are pretty forgettable in T4. It's only watchable because of some of the action shots. There was no sense of character at all, because anytime they attempted it, it seemed like it was just interrupting the next action scene, some of which just started out of nowhere.

megladon8
05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
To those who have seen it, did you find its being PG-13 was a noticable detractor?

Henry Gale
05-22-2009, 05:41 AM
To those who have seen it, did you find its being PG-13 was a noticable detractor?

Yeah, I just saw it and there's definitely at least two or three instances of a character getting shot, but just as they do, the movie cuts back to the shooter before going back to show the person fall or grimace before dying. Plus you can definitely see where Moon Bloodgood's nude scene would have gone and there are a lot of other typical PG-13 editing tricks like cutting away from violent things quickly so that the audience can't fully digest any more of what they clearly just saw. But those are not the movie's biggest problems...

It's just a really dull popcorn flick that tries too hard. I'd say for sure the stuff with Sam Worthington is where the movie's strength is (as most people have already said), and his scenes with Bale are the only ones we get anything interesting out of the John Connor character. I guess Bloodgood and Howard are good with what they are given, but after the first hour of them doing things that should lead to them being important and interesting later on, the script just keeps them around to give the two leads tender moments before and after big battles.

Also, there's a shot early on that really gave me an idea as to how shaky things were going to get. It involves Bale manning a helicopter, and it's the kind of thing the movie does to try and be stylish and innovative to give an otherwise pointless piece of action something unique. But the effects are so shoddy and the whole thing completely brings to a halt any any cohesion and rhythm the editing had at that point that it left took me completely out of it only to hope things got better. A lot of the landscape shots early on had a lot of awkward green-screen compositions, too. I thought they did improve for a little while as Worthington's character went forth on his journey and met Kyle Reese (which Yelchin does a pretty OK job with, but as a character, has nothing more to do than serve as Bale's main motivation). Then after a while it just became less and less gripping and eventually slipped into a climax setpiece that entirely changes the film's atmosphere and feel (maybe for the better, but more to enjoy it by itself than to fit into the rest of the movie). And yes, Bale definitely could have been better... if, you know, he had anything to do other than be angry and be looking into the past of a character we can't quite relate to him as.

So I don't know... it has its moments (somewhere in there), but overall it just feels like a hugely missed opportunity. We're finally dealing with the post-Judgement Day ideas the other movies only gave us glimpses of and we invest most of the movie with a character that we invest so much time in that by the time he meets up with Connor and his gang, we're almost annoyed by them and look at them as the villains. (Or I guess we're supposed to be conflicted by the film because it's deep like that... and stuff.)

Something's definitely wrong when I'd place this as my least favourite of McG's films (or Terminator ones for that matter). At least Full Throttle felt tongue-in-cheek any time it did something ridiculous, this has no real excuse.

Ezee E
05-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Also, is it just me, or did the movie want to have a similar feel to the action scenes that Children of Men had, but completely failed? Down to people getting hit by cars, long shots, etc.

Henry Gale
05-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Also, is it just me, or did the movie want to have a similar feel to the action scenes that Children of Men had, but completely failed? Down to people getting hit by cars, long shots, etc.

Yup, definitely felt that with the helicopter thing I mentioned and again later on with some of the steady-cam stuff at the gas station. Neither was impressive.

Watashi
05-22-2009, 06:36 AM
I'd put both Children of Men and Terminater Salvation on the same level. I was really impressed by the helicopter shot. It was obviously not done in one take, but it looked really fluid.

Henry Gale
05-22-2009, 07:36 AM
I'd put both Children of Men and Terminater Salvation on the same level. I was really impressed by the helicopter shot. It was obviously not done in one take, but it looked really fluid.

say wut.

Are we just talking like how they were colour-timed similarly or...?

Dead & Messed Up
05-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Some random thoughts about the film:

1) The visual strategy was energizing at first, with impossibly long takes that quickly establish the new world order, but then the film fell into the pattern of traditional films, with the fast-paced ASL and the use of handheld camera. It made me long for the way Cameron would carefully compose his shots and kept the camera locked.

2) It's a good thing these characters don't know how fast gasoline evaporates.

3) Worthington's Wright was a solid protagonist, but he had to deliver some awful lines, and it's only when he meets Connor that things pick up.

4) And as for the old JC...Bale plays everything with the same intense growl he did under the cowl in Dark Knight, but that film had the good sense to let him talk like a normal person from time to time.

5) Could that girl hear terminators? You'd think that would be important.

6) Yelchin's Reese was easily my favorite character. I remember seeing Yelchin when he was a child actor on Hearts in Atlantis, and he's always had a good combination of spirit and intensity. Here, he manages to make the most out of his time, showcasing some of the same ingenuity and compassion that made Biehn's Reese so successful in the original film (God, how long ago that was).

7) It's a good thing those women didn't get in the way during the climax.

8) Lots of callbacks. Some work. Some don't. Do we need callbacks? My answer is no. It's another Terminator movie. We get it. Callbacks reduce the need for original content by placating fans.

9) Terminators need to stop throwing victims around and start crushing their windpipes immediately. This is getting ridiculous.

10) The first two Terminator films took some time to create their characters and build a world. Hell, even the third Terminator waited a while before letting the action rip. But here it's damn near incessant, and when everything's supposed to excite, nothing will. It becomes sound and fury.

11) Despite all these complaints, I found the film mildly diverting. It's not a bad movie. It's just too shallow, too "spectacular," too busy being an action film to be a good sci-fi story. This feels like the Alien series now, a still-interesting but increasingly diluted series of images, characters, and incidents. It's getting difficult to care.

12) It's a good thing Wright posed like Jesus three times, in case that reference wasn't initially clear.

Watashi
05-22-2009, 08:27 AM
say wut.

Are we just talking like how they were colour-timed similarly or...?
No, I would give both film 7's. I really like Children of Men's visuals and dystopian setup, but I thought the characters and dialogue were weak.

Dead & Messed Up
05-22-2009, 08:31 AM
No, I would give both film 7's. I really like Children of Men's visuals and dystopian setup, but I thought the characters and dialogue were weak.

All due respect Watashi, you just made me want to track you down in real life and punch you.

Watashi
05-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Children of Men = most overrated film of the decade

Dead & Messed Up
05-22-2009, 08:45 AM

It's too late for me to get into a debate with you - I got work in the morning.

So I'll just say that I'm glad you enjoyed Wages of Fear. It's one of the most suspenseful movies I've ever seen.

Morris Schæffer
05-22-2009, 09:39 AM
i like T3. partly because it's so un-cameron. but then that too is the reason it sucks.

I had a blast with it and I think there are two standards that one can apply to any sequel. T3, as a sequel, was easily inferior to Cameron's installments, but as a summer movie, yeah, it was a lot more fun than most offerings of 2003. And Arnie was back in his signature role.

transmogrifier
05-22-2009, 11:04 AM

In a world where The Dark Knight exists, this sentence can never be true, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Ezee E
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
I can say that I actually cared about the characters in Children of Men, and the way they build Clive Owen's character throughout the whole movie is wonderfully done. That comment makes no sense at all.

megladon8
05-22-2009, 12:24 PM
This talk is making me want to re-watch Children of Men.

Ezee E
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM
This talk is making me want to re-watch Children of Men.
Anytime is a good time to rewatch that one.

Fezzik
05-22-2009, 03:05 PM
This is a much better film than Transformers.

Even without seeing Terminator: Salvation yet (I'm going tomorrow morning), I think it's safe to say that it doesn't take much of a stretch to make that statement true.

lovejuice
05-22-2009, 05:01 PM

In a world where The Dark Knight exists, this sentence can never be true, but I appreciate the sentiment.

trans, that's too is my respond to wat. i think of Children of Men as a good movie that's slightly over-praised. while i can't even convince myself TDK is a good movie.

I had a blast with it and I think there are two standards that one can apply to any sequel. T3, as a sequel, was easily inferior to Cameron's installments, but as a summer movie, yeah, it was a lot more fun than most offerings of 2003. And Arnie was back in his signature role.

yes, if anything, its better than The Matrix Revolutions. Cameron's movies have more humanities and look kinda blue-ish. T3 is red-ish, and much more pessimistic.

and i kinda like the twist too. very well-played.

one thing troubles me about T3 and the series is how skynet is now just some machine. a flying satellite which controls all the machines and makes them rebel? that's BS. and suddenly it makes the world of terminator much less interesting.

Ivan Drago
05-22-2009, 05:05 PM

I thought it was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

BuffaloWilder
05-22-2009, 05:15 PM
There's a weird feeling in the air. Waaaaait -

while i can't even convince myself TDK is a good movie.

There it is.

:|

lovejuice
05-22-2009, 05:24 PM
There it is.

at least we agree on happy feet.

btw, for some reason, i can't do buck n' wing. hate that fucking step like crazy.

Sycophant
05-22-2009, 05:26 PM
There's a weird feeling in the air. Waaaaait -

There it is.

You've got a lot to learn about Match Cut, man. About half of us feel that way, while the other half thinks it's right up there with sliced bread.

Dead & Messed Up
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
You've got a lot to learn about Match Cut, man. About half of us feel that way, while the other half thinks it's right up there with sliced bread.

I don't know about that. I find it an exceptional comic book film, but it's not without its problems.

It's up there with loaf bread.

:)

BuffaloWilder
05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't know about that. I find it an exceptional comic book film, but it's not without its problems.

It's up there with loaf bread.

:)

at least we agree on happy feet.

btw, for some reason, i can't do buck n' wing. hate that fucking step like crazy.

I'm not even saying it's not overrated - ever Batman film was, at the time of it's release, even Batman & Robin. I'm just saying, let's not throw whatever appreciation we already had for it completely out the window.

And, yes. Buck 'n wing is a turrible step. I've stopped trying to do it, long ago. I've been sliding a lot, recently.

Sycophant
05-22-2009, 05:56 PM
It's not an issue of over- or underrating for me. I didn't like the film.

BuffaloWilder
05-22-2009, 06:00 PM
It's not an issue of over- or underrating for me. I didn't like the film.

http://hunto.com/mugshots/z/su652640.jpg

lovejuice
05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
And, yes. Buck 'n wing is a turrible step. I've stopped trying to do it, long ago. I've been sliding a lot, recently.
that's a nice step. especially when followed by a heel drop. what i like most is the third, both open and close. i do that all day while waiting for an elevator.

* talk tap jargon to establish intimacy and alienate the hell out of other posters.

BuffaloWilder
05-22-2009, 06:32 PM
that's a nice step. especially when followed by a heel drop. what i like most is the third, both open and close. i do that all day while waiting for an elevator.

* talk tap jargon to establish intimacy and alienate the hell out of other posters.

I've been watching a lot of Gregory Hines, recently. He's got a step he does in a performance for - and, eventually, with - Sammy Davis Jr. that I've been working on getting down for a while. It's basically paddle and roll with an extension, but I'm incorporating the heel a lot stronger.

Yes, 'tap on the go.' You're goin', then you're tappin'. On an elevator. On a train. On the sidewalk. On a plane.

And, so on.

D_Davis
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I practice my krunkin' on the elevator, and people look at me weird.

Qrazy
05-22-2009, 08:28 PM
You people have bad opinions about things.

D_Davis
05-22-2009, 09:00 PM
T3 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in the theater.

Such a total waste of existence.

D_Davis
05-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Up until a few days ago, I actually kind of wanted to see this.

But then I found out (remembered?) that it is directed by McG. Now, I feel ashamed for my reserved interest.

Sycophant
05-22-2009, 09:09 PM
You people have bad opinions about things.

Hope you're not talking about me, 'cause I just checked and I've still got pretty great opinions.

number8
05-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Well, good and bad opinions don't really matter. What's important is that this movie sucks, and that is the correct opinion.

Qrazy
05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Up until a few days ago, I actually kind of wanted to see this.

But then I found out (remembered?) that it is directed by McG. Now, I feel ashamed for my reserved interest.

Into the corner and the shame cap for you. Did you watch Juliet of the Spirits yet?

Dead & Messed Up
05-22-2009, 09:50 PM
My opinions work for me.

Qrazy
05-22-2009, 10:25 PM
My opinions work for me.

My statement was a blanket statement covering everything and everyone, including you and me.

megladon8
05-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Of all the people on this forum, I find that I'm the one I agree with most.

lovejuice
05-22-2009, 11:27 PM
8, i just read your review. did you totally spoil me by saying
sam is a robot?
which is ok though. i kinda expect that.

D_Davis
05-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Into the corner and the shame cap for you. Did you watch Juliet of the Spirits yet?

Not yet....

*shame

Ezee E
05-23-2009, 12:04 AM
8, i just read your review. did you totally spoil me by saying
sam is a robot?
which is ok though. i kinda expect that.
Revealed in the previews.

BuffaloWilder
05-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Aw, no more tap-talk.