PDA

View Full Version : Movie-Related Confessional Booth, or Is This Forgivable?

Spinal
01-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I'll start ...

Last night, I put Claire Denis' The Intruder in the DVD player and then proceeded to watch Rock of Love 3.

Is this forgivable?

Kurosawa Fan
01-18-2009, 06:30 PM
I have had The Scarlett Empress at home from Netflix since September, and need to watch it for the film swap, but a couple weeks ago when I intended to sit down and watch it, I ended up watching Definitely, Maybe on one of the pay channels instead.

Is this forgivable?

Spinal
01-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Psssst ...

You're supposed to answer mine just like the Is this Acceptable? thread. :)

Dead & Messed Up
01-18-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll start ...

Last night, I put Claire Denis' The Intruder in the DVD player and then proceeded to watch Rock of Love 3.

Is this forgivable?

I'd say so, if only because I know the dreadful power of VH1 reality series.

I think Mick Garris's The Shining is about equal to Kubrick's - both are mediocre. Forgivable?

Kurosawa Fan
01-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Psssst ...

You're supposed to answer mine just like the Is this Acceptable? thread. :)

Is that forgivable?

EDIT: Oh, and watching Rock of Love under any circumstances is unforgivable.

Derek
01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I have had The Scarlett Empress at home from Netflix since September, and need to watch it for the film swap, but a couple weeks ago when I intended to sit down and watch it, I ended up watching Definitely, Maybe on one of the pay channels instead.

Is this forgivable?

If it were just one film, I could almost find it forgivable, but the fact that you still have my recommendation from film swap and the first season of Deadwood to get to from months ago, it's completely unforgivable.

I have a tendency of buying a DVD and getting all excited unwrapping it before placing it on top of my tv to remind me to watch it. Then somewhere between 3-6 months later, I give up and place the unwatched DVD on my shelf.

Is this forgivable?

Kurosawa Fan
01-18-2009, 06:48 PM
If it were just one film, I could almost find it forgivable, but the fact that you still have my recommendation from film swap and the first season of Deadwood to get to from months ago, it's completely unforgivable.

I have a tendency of buying a DVD and getting all excited unwrapping it before placing it on top of my tv to remind me to watch it. Then somewhere between 3-6 months later, I give up and place the unwatched DVD on my shelf.

Is this forgivable?

As soon as I saw that you were the next post in this thread, I knew what the answer would be. :lol:

Good news though! My wife and I are renting Deadwood soon to watch it. She wants to watch it with me, which is just the right motivation to finally get my ass in gear.

Watashi
01-18-2009, 06:48 PM

Is this forgivable?

I do this all the time. I have a bunch of unwatched DVDs. Forgivable.

I still have yet to buy WALL-E on DVD.

Is this forgivable?

jesse
01-18-2009, 07:49 PM
B]. I have a tendency of buying a DVD and getting all excited unwrapping it before placing it on top of my tv to remind me to watch it. Then somewhere between 3-6 months later, I give up and place the unwatched DVD on my shelf.

Is this forgivable? I think so, or at least it is in the way I approach the process film-watching. Remember how long it took for me to get to L'atalante? I think rather unconsciously I was waiting for the moment I'd be most receptive to it, and because I did it completely blew me away. Perhaps it would have happened if I had sat down to watch it earlier, but I feel like the sense of obligation would have lessened the effect. That said, friends and co-workers still have not realized to not let me borrow DVDs...

And as an extension of this, I feel no shame in how much reality TV I watch--it's the last holdout of entertainment I don't feel obligated to actively analyze while experiencing it, and as a result, I'm very well versed in nearly all Bravo and VH1 reality shows. Though Tool Academy, which I caught up with last night, did make me like a dumber person after watching it...

Ezee E
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
I do this all the time. I have a bunch of unwatched DVDs. Forgivable.

I still have yet to buy WALL-E on DVD.

Is this forgivable?
It's only been out for 1-2 months. Plus, it'll be $9.99 or so in a few months. Definitely forgiveable.

Gremlins 2: The New Batch has a chance of making the Hall of Fame list that contains movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey, Los Olvivados, and Schindler's List.

Is this Forgivable?

[ETM]
01-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Gremlins 2: The New Batch has a chance of making the Hall of Fame list that contains movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey, Los Olvivados, and Schindler's List.

Is this Forgivable?

The "New York, New York" lobby scene alone makes this forgivable.

I watch Duets whenever it's on TV, despite its obvious awfulness, just for the Andre Braugher/Paul Ghiamatti chemistry.

Is This Forgivable?