PDA

View Full Version : 13 (not Tzameti)

Raiders
01-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Apparently writer/director Géla Babluani is pulling a George Sluizer and remaking his indie/foreign hit 13 Tzameti for US audiences. According to Wikipedia the remake is to have a different plot and be in color. I have not seen the original.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0798817/

I have to say though, that cast (Rourke, Statham, Liotta, Winstone and Gazzara!) is pretty awesome. Minus Fitty Cent.

Ezee E
01-15-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd love it if they still used the concept of the original trailer though.

Yxklyx
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Different plot?! 13 Tzameti is a very simple (yet very good) movie (reminds me of They Shoot Horses, Don't They?), in this case the plot IS the movie so if it were to have a different plot then it would have nothing at all to do with the original. :crazy:

Qrazy
01-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Different plot?! 13 Tzameti is a very simple (yet very good) movie (reminds me of They Shoot Horses, Don't They?), in this case the plot IS the movie so if it were to have a different plot then it would have nothing at all to do with the original. :crazy:

I'm assuming it's the same basic premise (i.e. the middle of the film) but with a different distribution/reworking of the other plot threads. I can't say I mind either because while I did enjoy the original film the plot surrounding the gunplay itself was relatively superfluous (not in the sense that there didn't need to be a plot, there did, but that what plot there was wasn't all that compelling). Not really seeing the connection to They Shoot Horses, Don't They either except as another semi-life threatening game played for money.

Dukefrukem
11-19-2010, 09:38 PM
love this cast and it looks great!

Y41fFj-P4jI

Ezee E
11-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Michael Shannon already makes this.