PDA

View Full Version : Alien Trespass

megladon8
01-14-2009, 12:44 AM
An alien invasion film set in 1957 - a loving tribute to the '50s invasion films. Stars Eric McCormack and Robert Patrick.

Trailer is here. (http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14311948/alien-trespass/videos/alien_trespass_trlr1_011309.ht ml)

I think it looks like it could be a lot of fun!

Dukefrukem
01-14-2009, 06:45 AM
wow that does look like a lot of fun.

Dead & Messed Up
01-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Could be fun, but it kinda looks like another Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, which worked best as a trailer.

Morris Schæffer
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Were 50's invasion movies inherently cheesy and cheap? I certainly don't think that "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and especially "The Thing From Another World" were.

And that's what this looks like. Rather than "loving tribute" it looks like an unbearable parody.

Wryan
01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Were 50's invasion movies inherently cheesy and cheap? I certainly don't think that "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and especially "The Thing From Another World" were.

And that's what this looks like. Rather than "loving tribute" it looks like an unbearable parody.

Those were probably bigger budgeted though. I don't know how much money went into them, but I'd guess a good deal more than went into the flicks now appearing on MST3K. I'm sure there was a range, and that we don't really remember the low-budget ones.

I liked the shot of McCormack wandering over the hill with a pipe in his mouth.

Eight-Legged Freaks was great, though.

megladon8
01-14-2009, 06:14 PM

There was gold in the genre for sure, but the majority of them were cheap, bad movies, yes.

Look at something like Invisible Invaders. Movies like this were pretty common back then.

Morris Schæffer
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I guess you've got a point guys. And what I saw of Eight-Legged Freaks was a lot of fun Wry.

MadMan
01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
This actually looks like it could be as entertaining as Eight Legged Freaks was. Not as good as that movie ended up being, but still entertaining regardless. "Freaks" is hands down one of my favorite movies of the 2000s, and I've watched it numerous times on DVD.

lovejuice
01-14-2009, 10:15 PM
wow....i've always thought i'm the only person who loved eight-legged freak.