PDA

View Full Version : Veronika Decides to Die

Lucky
12-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVTxrdEg898)

From what I've read, I think the novel is Coelho's best. With bomb after bomb after bomb, I'm glad they're still giving Gellar a chance to headline a movie. Melissa Leo's in this, too, and I'm looking forward to how they write her character. Has anyone else read the book?

EDIT: First 'trailer' I posted was apparently used to sell to international markets. This is the official one.

Winston*
12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I think I might be psychic. I knew who this movie was going to star, with only the knowledge of the poster who started the thread. Eerie.

Kurosawa Fan
12-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Poorly constructed trailer. I have yet to read a Coelho novel, though I own The Alchemist. Guess I should read it soon.

Watashi
12-19-2008, 12:30 AM
As soon as I saw a thread made by Lucky, I knew Sarah Michelle Gellar had to be involved.

Kurosawa Fan
12-19-2008, 12:33 AM
I think I might be psychic. I knew who this movie was going to star, with only the knowledge of the poster who started the thread. Eerie.

As soon as I saw a thread made by Lucky, I knew Sarah Michelle Gellar had to be involved.

C'mon. The least you could have done was wait for a few more replies and then feign ignorance before ripping off Winston's comment.

Watashi
12-19-2008, 12:35 AM
C'mon. The least you could have done was wait for a few more replies and then feign ignorance before ripping off Winston's comment.
I didn't even read yours or Winston's post.

Kurosawa Fan
12-19-2008, 12:36 AM
I didn't even read yours or Winston's post.

Like I said, would have worked better had you waited longer. ;)

D_Davis
12-19-2008, 12:37 AM
OMG!1!1

I, like, totally knew that this thread was going to be about something.

Ezee E
12-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Awesome title.

Lucky
12-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Good to know I'm predictable. :P

I fixed the trailer link. The other trailer I linked wasn't the real one.

Grouchy
12-19-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm still waiting for the day when Coelho decides to die and stop robbing money off fools. It'll probably never happen.

And no offense, Lucky, but what the hell happened to Gellar? There are shots in that trailer where she looks like she's 60 years old.

Lucky
12-20-2008, 01:11 AM
And no offense, Lucky, but what the hell happened to Gellar? There are shots in that trailer where she looks like she's 60 years old.

:sad:

Well her character is a patient in a psychiatric ward. She still looks great when she's done up. She just had a shoot from a couple months ago that's one of her best.

She looked great in The Air I Breathe and Southland Tales, too, although nobody saw either of those movies.

SirNewt
12-20-2008, 05:34 AM
From what I've read, I think the novel is Coelho's best.

Well, that's something I suppose.