PDA

View Full Version : Alien 5

megladon8
12-07-2008, 04:42 PM
In a recent interview (http://io9.com/5103432/no-aliens-for-alien-5-hints-weaver), Sigourney Weaver hinted at her and Ridley Scott wanting to tell "other science fiction stories" starring Ripley.

While the rest of the article seems to think this means "no aliens in the movie", I don't see how her quote says that, unless there's more to it that we're not seeing.

I see it as a change of locale, a different type of story, but not necessarily the non-existence of the xenomorphs.

Anyways, here's the quote...

Both of us feel a kind of commitment to that woman. He’s as much responsible for who she is as I am... We’d have to go back to the drawing board on [the alien]... Ridley said that right away when we first talked about [a fifth film]. What we’re interested in is taking the character of Ripley and seeing what other science fiction story we can tell about someone who has lived several lives.

Dukefrukem
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
It sounds like they're thinking of taking it in the diretion of the Riddick character... "see what other science fiction story we can tell".... expand the universe of Ripley...

megladon8
12-07-2008, 10:54 PM
It sounds like they're thinking of taking it in the diretion of the Riddick character... "see what other science fiction story we can tell".... expand the universe of Ripley...

I'm all for that, but I'd still like to see at least some alien presence in the film.

Even if they're not explict parts of the story, but, as I said, a presence. A foreboding image in the background.

Ezee E
12-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Sounds pretty silly to me actually.

KK2.0
12-08-2008, 02:01 PM
The mass audience will probably hate it for the absence of monster hunting but to hell with them, i want to watcn "The Ripley Movie"!

bac0n
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, if they continue with the continuity established in Alien: Resurrection... ...Ridley herself is sort of an alien. Maybe they would explore that angle.

D_Davis
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Ripley does not interest me in any way.

This would be like making a Terminator film without a Terminator, or a Conan film without Conan.

Dukefrukem
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, if they continue with the continuity established in Alien: Resurrection... ...Ridley herself is sort of an alien. Maybe they would explore that angle.

They should have never killed her off in the 3rd one anyway. An Awful way to try to resurrect a character. She wasn't the same Ripley in the 4th movie.

Ripley does not interest me in any way.

This would be like making a Terminator film without a Terminator, or a Conan film without Conan.

Agreed. The only way I could/would be interested is if Cameron was involved.

Wryan
12-08-2008, 05:43 PM
No problem. Just do a movie about Ripley's loader training and how issues of anger management, nightmares and psychosis come to the fore in the midst of a sexist and uncompromising group of instructors/trainees.

D_Davis
12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
No problem. Just do a movie about Ripley's loader training and how issues of anger management, nightmares and psychosis come to the fore in the midst of a sexist and uncompromising group of instructors/trainees.

It's like 9 to 5, in space.

Sycophant
12-08-2008, 05:52 PM
YES PLEASE.

This is something I want.

Wryan
12-08-2008, 06:04 PM

Dolly Parton in an Alien movie.

It's the...uh...stuff dreams are made of.

D_Davis
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Dolly Parton in an Alien movie.

It's the...uh...stuff dreams are made of.

Just imagine the chest bursting.

Ezee E
12-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Just imagine the chest bursting.
Nothing would happen. There would just suddenly be blood.

D_Davis
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Nothing would happen. There would just suddenly be blood.

It wouldn't be able to burst out - it'd probably get tired and just give up.

Ezee E
12-08-2008, 06:15 PM
It wouldn't be able to burst out - it'd probably get tired and just give up.
Or maybe Dolly Parton IS THE ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D_Davis
12-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Or maybe Dolly Parton IS THE ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can imagine the face hugging.

brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb

Ezee E
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I can imagine the face hugging.

brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb
I always thought aliens in an amusement park would be awesome.

Nobody would've thought it would be Dollyland, park, world, whatever she calls it.

D_Davis
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Nobody would've thought it would be Dollyland, park, world, whatever she calls it.

Hooterville.

Grouchy
12-08-2008, 11:49 PM
That sounds fucking terrible, folks. Seriously.

Dead & Messed Up
12-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Let it die.

MadMan
12-09-2008, 02:45 AM
No problem. Just do a movie about Ripley's loader training and how issues of anger management, nightmares and psychosis come to the fore in the midst of a sexist and uncompromising group of instructors/trainees.I'd rather see this made as the movie. Especially with Dolly Parton. That would rock. :lol:

Dukefrukem
07-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I can't believe she's 60.

I could definitely kick that alien's ass again. While I can't speak for them, I think for Fox, once you're sixty, you're not going to be starring in an action movie. I think it's too bad that that's the case. I would have liked to do one last story where we go back to the planet, where Ripley's history is resolved. But I do feel like her story is unfinished."