PDA

View Full Version : Journeyman

number8
11-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Show some love for what is easily the best new show around.

Sycophant
11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Easily?

Can I jump into the show at this point? Or will I be lost?

number8
11-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe just a little. It's a stand-alone episode format though, and the recap in the beginning would probably fill you in on the serialized part of it (which is all just the complex relationships between the characters and not some mythology or anything).

Still, you might wanna track down the 7 aired eps. Not to catch up, but because they were great episodes.

number8
11-16-2007, 10:40 PM
And yes, easily. What is its only competition? Reaper and Pushing Daisies. Reaper is really weak and light in comparison, while Pushing Daisies is starting to get old.

Saya
11-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Just watched the first episode. It's pretty enjoyable. I'll definitely check out the rest. The show reminded me of Early Edition and Quantum Leap.

What are the chances of Dan timeskipping to ancient Rome? :)

[ETM]
11-22-2007, 07:41 PM
What are the chances of Dan timeskipping to ancient Rome? :)

If it was located in the general SF bay area - sure.
Otherwise - rather slim, I'd say.:)

number8
11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Is anyone else caught up?

The last episode was absolutely killer. I can't wait for next week's.

Saya
11-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow, I just finished episode 5 and it was fantastic. This show just keeps getting better and better.

The money Dan got from Dylan worries me. The cops will probably connect it to the robbery? I can't wait how that story will develop. This was probably the best episode until now, the scenes with his dad were really good. I just don't understand why he hasn't told his brother Jack about the timetravel.

I also get the feeling we'll see a lot more action in future episodes because Livia said something about killing people in the past is like the wild west. God, I hope this won't get cancelled.

McKidd is such a good actor. I hope we'll see more of him in the future. I just found out he played Tommie in Trainspotting. And I really have to visit San Francisco someday, it's a very nice looking city. :)

number8
11-26-2007, 08:02 AM
It does indeed get better, and the money will lead to some verrry interesting stuff.

Yay, another fan. :D

Saya
11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Hehe, yeah it really did get better. Holy crap at the money + Ryan Chappelle. :)

I watched a couple more episodes (I'm almost caught up) and this last one I watched was awesome.

Is Livia fixing Dan's life? Can she travel to the place and time of her own choosing? This is awesome...

Saya
11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Just finished episode 9 and I have one more episode to go then I'm caught up.

Damn, Livia living in 1948? That's awesome.

Ashley
11-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Another fan over here. It's too bad that cancellation seems inevitable because it's right there with Pushing Daisies as my favourite new show, and it just keeps getting better every episode. This week's episode was fantastic.

Raiders
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm enjoying this show, though I would still prioritize Reaper and Pushing Daisies over it.

number8
12-01-2007, 07:33 AM
The good news is that we're not getting an abrupt cancellation and they're going to wrap up almost everything in this season finale.

The bad news is that it's very unlikely that we'd get a second season.

This sucks. It's Firefly and Studio 60 all over again.

Saya
12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
:sad:

Here's a email from Kevin Falls I read on AICN today. Mostly it's the same info 8 posted. It really seems this series will end at the first season. If NBC even had doubts to air the 12th episode...that's not hopeful for the future of the series.

Journeyman Fans--

NBC has decided to air the 12th episode ("Perfidia") on Wednesday, December 19th at ten o'clock. That means our 10th episode will air on Monday the 10th ("Home by Another Way"), the 11th will air on 17th ("The Hanged Man").

The decision to air the 12th episode had a lot to do with the passion of our fans through SaveJourneyman.net, the online petition and letters and emails to NBC executives.

And is it true you can vote once a day for the People's Choice Awards?

There's still no news on our long term future, but we can promise you this: three terrific episodes inside of ten days. Oh, yeah, and you'll get some answers, too.

Your comments and pro-active attempts to save the show are very much appreciated by me and my fellow Executive Producer Alex Graves, Kevin McKidd and the cast, writers and crew. But more importantly, it's working.

But don't rest. We need you. We want a back nine--and beyond.

Thanks again,

Kevin Falls

number8
12-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I've been wondering what they could have done to market the show better, but nothing comes up. It's a family/character drama about time travel. The usual Sci Fi fans don't think it looks interesting because they want Quantum Leap, and drama fans won't touch it because the main character is a time traveler. Any way they market it, it's going to have a small audience.

number8
12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Awesome episode. Once again, they really could retitle the show "Family Man". I honestly almost forgot at certain parts of tonight's episode that time travel is involved.

2 more to go. :sad:

Saya
12-12-2007, 01:47 PM
We knew it was coming, but it's official now. :sad:

Source
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071212/tv_nm/journeyman_dc)

NBC had until Tuesday to give a full-season pickup to the time-travel drama starring Kevin McKidd. The network let that option lapse, practically canceling the series, which posted its lowest adults 18-49 rating (1.7 rating/8 share) on Monday without a "Heroes" lead-in. The network already tried out fellow rookie "Life" in "Journeyman"'s Monday 10 p.m. slot last week.

number8
12-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Great finale.