PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the TV Theme Songs (First Five Rounds)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

MadMan
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry Spinal, but I didn't find anything special about the Rockford Files theme song. Although I've seen some of the show, and I dug it. James Garner is an awesome actor.

Anyways, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles gets my vote. Nostalgia FTW

MadMan
12-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I hate Save By the Bell. I detest that show. But I actually like its theme song. It gets my vote here also because I find the Road Runner Show theme song to be kind of annoying.

MadMan
12-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I hate I Love Lucy. Plus FLCL has the better theme song, so my vote goes to that. I've never heard of it, though.

Sycophant
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
As one who's never watched Rockford Files and can't remember ever hearing the theme song to it, I am truly baffled by all the cries of blandness.

Sycophant
12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
The Road Runner lyrics read like the crap that I wrote when I was nine.

The Saved By the Bell theme is actually restricted by the Geneva Conventions.

D_Davis
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Saved by the Bell, because my good friend once smoked weed with Screech.

Derek
12-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm surprised that the Saved By the Bell opening was able to incorporate EVERY SINGLE TACKY DESIGN associated with the early 90s. It's an eye-sore, really.

Seriously. It's a remarkable accomplishment!

Saved by the Bell

Derek
12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Aqua Teen

Spaceman Spiff
12-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't think a single theme I voted for has won.

Wastes of water and somatic cellulae. All of you.

monolith94
12-04-2008, 09:25 PM
FLCL was not originally a television show.

It was an OVA, original video animation, which means it went straight to video.

Therefore, it should probably be disqualified from this contest.

Anyhow, my vote goes to I Love Lucy.
I didn't know any of that. However, given that most Americans know it as a tv show, and have been exposed to it through that medium, I think that a case can be made for its placement here.

Russ
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
The Road Runner lyrics read like the crap that I wrote when I was nine.
Di-no-saauucerrrs. Dun Dun Dun Duh. Dun Dun Dun Duh.

Sycophant
12-04-2008, 09:30 PM
No one has hated Dinosaucers more than me. Not fair, Russ.

Watashi
12-04-2008, 09:31 PM
The Dinosaucers lyrics are going on my tombstone.

D_Davis
12-04-2008, 09:48 PM
I didn't know any of that. However, given that most Americans know it as a tv show, and have been exposed to it through that medium, I think that a case can be made for its placement here.

That's cool. Even in Spinal's copied synopsis it states, " FLCL (also Fooly Cooly) is an original video animation series written by Yōji..."

But no big deal really.

The OVA market single handedly saved the Japanese animation industry, so it's all good.

Yxklyx
12-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't think a single theme I voted for has won.

Wastes of water and somatic cellulae. All of you.

Maybe Spinal could do a Battle of Worst TV Theme Songs afterwards?

Spinal
12-04-2008, 11:27 PM
It baffles me that so many people are willing to support Saved by the Bell. Then again, it baffled me that so many people were willing to watch Saved by the Bell.

Spinal
12-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Not really a big enough issue for me to disqualify it.

Thirdmango
12-04-2008, 11:38 PM
TMNT

Thirdmango
12-04-2008, 11:44 PM
FLCL

Thirdmango
12-04-2008, 11:48 PM
This is the first duo that I haven't liked either one, but if I do vote, I would have to vote for Saved by the Bell, but don't expect me to ever vote for it again.

Thirdmango
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Hugh_Grant
12-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Saved by the Bell, because my good friend once smoked weed with Screech.
Ha. Best reason for a theme vote yet.

Qrazy
12-05-2008, 12:15 AM
When there's trouble you call DW!

Russ
12-05-2008, 12:53 AM
No one has hated Dinosaucers more than me. Not fair, Russ.
You are correct. My sincere apologies. :)

Winston*
12-05-2008, 12:56 AM
I don't understand how one could dislike the Road Runner theme.

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 01:10 AM
When there's trouble you call DW!Fear not, Qrazy. For it is in the running--I nominated it (Wats might've seconded).

Let's get dangerous.

MadMan
12-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Saved by the Bell, because my good friend once smoked weed with Screech.Hah, awesome.

Look we're voting for theme song, not the show. If we were voting based on the show's qualities yeah Road Runner would get my vote, even though I've seen very little of it. There's no way it can suck worse than Saved By The Bell.

Derek
12-05-2008, 03:01 AM
It baffles me that so many people are willing to support Saved by the Bell. Then again, it baffled me that so many people were willing to watch Saved by the Bell.

I have no doubt you know the Slater dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY5o0AbDTbY) by heart.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Currently tied. Next vote decides it.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Final Scores:

The Road Runner Show 11
Saved by the Bell 10

Aqua Teen Hunger Force 16
Hogan's Heroes 9

FLCL 11
I Love Lucy 7

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 12
The Rockford Files 11

Sven
12-05-2008, 03:14 AM
It's too bad that it requires registration approval to join the site, because Kristen was totally going to sign up to vote for Rockford Files. Alas.

Still, if her vote counts (which she insists it should)...

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Instructions:

Please take the time to listen to both themes and then cast your vote by making a post in this thread. Thread will be open a minimum of 24 hours and then may close any time after that at my discretion.

The primary focus in your decision making should be the music. However, voters are also encouraged to consider the effectiveness of the theme within the context of the show's opening titles (or however else the theme is used). That said, you should not simply vote for the best overall show, even if it is impossible to eliminate that factor entirely. Voters should keep an open mind to new themes they have not previously heard for shows they have never watched. We are looking for the best theme, not the theme from the most popular show.

Rome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzd1szJLFoI)

Rome is a BAFTA, Golden Globe and Emmy-nominated historical drama television series co-created by John Milius, William J. MacDonald, and Bruno Heller. The series is primarily written by Heller. Rome was produced in Italy by the BBC (UK), HBO (USA), and RAI (Italy). The show's first season originally aired on HBO between 28 August and 20 November 2005, subsequently broadcast on BBC One between 2 November 2005 and 4 January 2006, and on Rai Due between 17 March and 28 April 2006. The series is a historical drama depicting the period of history surrounding the violent transformation of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire; a change driven by civil warfare between radical populares and conservative optimates, the decay of political institutions, and the actions of ambitious men and women.

VS.

Laverne and Shirley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRmKzxhMzwo)

Laverne & Shirley was an American television situation comedy that ran on ABC from 1976 to 1983. It starred Penny Marshall as Laverne De Fazio and Cindy Williams as Shirley Feeney, roommates who, as the series began, worked in a Milwaukee brewery. The show was a spin-off from Happy Days, as the two lead characters were originally introduced on that show as acquaintances of Fonzie. Set in roughly the same time period as Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley started in approximately 1959, and when the series ended, it was 1967. Both shows were made by Paramount Television. "Laverne & Shirley" filmed on stage 20 and "Happy Days" on stage 19.

Sven
12-05-2008, 03:23 AM
Laverne and Shirley! The Rome music was pretty boring and the animation scheme was eh.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Instructions:

Please take the time to listen to both themes and then cast your vote by making a post in this thread. Thread will be open a minimum of 24 hours and then may close any time after that at my discretion.

The primary focus in your decision making should be the music. However, voters are also encouraged to consider the effectiveness of the theme within the context of the show's opening titles (or however else the theme is used). That said, you should not simply vote for the best overall show, even if it is impossible to eliminate that factor entirely. Voters should keep an open mind to new themes they have not previously heard for shows they have never watched. We are looking for the best theme, not the theme from the most popular show.

Wide World of Sports (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8VPHUvCHHI&feature=related) (can't seem to find the visuals)

ABC's Wide World of Sports was a sports anthology show on American television that ran as a series from 1961 to 1998, hosted by Jim McKay; the title continued to be used for general sports programs regularly until 2006 and still is occasionally used today. As the title suggests, it aired on the American Broadcasting Company. In later years, with the rise of cable television offering more outlets for sports programming, Wide World of Sports lost much of its appeal. Ultimately, the Wide World of Sports name was used as an umbrella title for ABC's weekend sports programming. Wide World of Sports discontinued its traditional anthology series format in 1997.

VS.

Tale Spin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIl5YwcO72g)

TaleSpin is a half-hour American animated television series that first aired in 1990 as part of The Disney Afternoon, with characters adapted from Disney's 1967 animated feature The Jungle Book. The name of the show is a play on "tailspin", the rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral, and was so named because Launchpad McQuack from DuckTales was originally going to be the star of TaleSpin, before being replaced by Baloo. TaleSpin is set in the fictional city-state of Cape Suzette (a pun on the pancake dish, Crêpe Suzette), a harbor town protected by giant cliffs through which only a small opening exists. The opening in the cliffs is guarded by anti-aircraft artillery, preventing flying rabble-rousers or air pirates from entering the city. The timeframe of the series is never specifically addressed, but appears to be in the mid to late 1930s; the helicopter and jet engine are experimental devices and most architecture is reminiscent of the art deco style of that period.

Sven
12-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Tale Spin wins. Here's the three minute long version with the badass synthesized ocarina solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw8e3CJhVgw

Milky Joe
12-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Totally Laverne and Shirley. Rome's intro got a 'meh' from me the very first time I saw it.

Derek
12-05-2008, 03:39 AM
Come on, now. Tale Spin.

This should be our first shutout.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Instructions:

The Greatest American Hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzEb5IzdcrU)

The Greatest American Hero is an American TV series which aired for three seasons from 1981 to 1983 on ABC. It premiered as a two hour movie pilot on March 18, 1981. It starred William Katt as teacher Ralph Hinkley (or Hanley), Robert Culp as FBI Agent Bill Maxwell, and Connie Sellecca as lawyer Pam Davidson. The series is a superhero drama-comedy. Ralph Hinkley is a schoolteacher who encounters alien life in the desert. Ralph is given a red suit (with cape) which endows him with superhuman abilities. The novelty of the show is based on Ralph's inability to properly learn to use the suit, and even learn the use of its various capabilities, other than by trial and error, because he lost the instruction manual in the desert.

VS.

The Littlest Hobo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFw)

The Littlest Hobo is a Canadian television series, based upon a 1958 American film directed by Charles R. Rondeau. The show first aired from 1963 to 1965, and was then revived for a popular second run on CTV from 1979 to 1985. All three productions centered around a stray German shepherd who wanders from town to town, helping people in need. In the movie, the dog was tethered to a lamb for most of the story. Although the concept was similar to that of Lassie, the Littlest Hobo did not have an owner, and despite the attempts of many people to adopt him, he preferred to be on his own, and would head off by himself at the end of each episode. Never actually named on-screen, the dog is therefore often referred to by the name Hobo (though he was often given names by his multitudes of temporary owners). Although there were recurring actors in both series, the only constant was the dog.

Derek
12-05-2008, 03:41 AM
TMNT

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:42 AM
TMNT

Bastard.

Derek
12-05-2008, 03:44 AM
Still, if her vote counts (which she insists it should)...

Please take the time to listen to both themes and then cast your vote by making a post in this thread.

It's a shame she didn't follow the instructions and post in this thread.

TMNT wins. :twisted:

Milky Joe
12-05-2008, 03:46 AM
Man, I'm glad I abstained from that TMNT/Rockford vote. Tough call, though I think it would have gone to TMNT.

Derek
12-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Laverne & Shirley

Winston*
12-05-2008, 03:49 AM
Tale Spin, for the whole competition.

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 03:51 AM
While I find the show itself a bit shrill, the Laverne and Shirley intro is wonderful.

Derek
12-05-2008, 03:51 AM
Greatest American Hero

That song + Robert Culp + excessive freeze frames = Awesomesauce

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Tale Spin, with raging fury.

Winston*
12-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Laverne and Shirley. Dig the show Rome but the theme is just stock "exotic" music.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:54 AM
Instructions:

Denver the Last Dinosaur (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1fUqSQFdAI&feature=related)

Denver, the Last Dinosaur is a US-French cartoon for children originally released in 1988 by World Events Productions (the same company responsible for Voltron). It was syndicated nationally throughout the US in 1988. With lessons on conservation, ecology and friendship, Denver, the Last Dinosaur was a big hit with parents and educators. The kids at home liked it, too, making the show a hit during its initial run. However, Denver didn't last for long. The dinosaur boom that had followed The Land Before Time soon fizzled out, and Denver, the Last Dinosaur went into reruns after only one season. The series itself educated the young audience to protect the environment and it also showed the value of friendship. It got a recommendation from the United States National Education Union.

VS.

Gilligan's Island (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY)

Gilligan's Island is an American TV sitcom originally produced by United Artists Television. It aired for three seasons on the CBS network, from September 26, 1964 to September 4, 1967. It was sponsored by Philip Morris & Company and Procter & Gamble. The show followed the comic adventures of seven castaways as they attempted to survive and ultimately escape from a previously uninhabited island where they were shipwrecked. Gilligan's Island ran for a total of 98 episodes. The first season (consisting of 36 episodes) was filmed in black-and-white though they were colorized in later syndication. However, the next two seasons (62 episodes) and three TV movie sequels were filmed in color. Enjoying solid ratings during its original run, the show grew in popularity during decades of syndication. Today, the title character of Gilligan is widely recognized as a comedic American popular culture icon.

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Awww... The Littlest Hobo is charming as all hell.

But The Greatest American Hero.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Laverne and Shirley

Winston*
12-05-2008, 03:56 AM
The Greatest American Hero

Why does that dog have a gun?

Spinal
12-05-2008, 03:58 AM

Love that title sequence for The Littlest Hobo though. Was the dog in that hot air balloon? Or was that a Herzogian metaphor for the canine soul?

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 03:59 AM
Oh, my god. I forgot how rampant and insipid dinosaur love was back in the day. Jesus Christ.

Gilligan's Island. Funny that this is the version from the first season where instead of "The Professor and MaryAnee" we just heard "the rest." So fucking col.

Derek
Gilligan's Island

ledfloyd
the greatest american hero!

Winston*
12-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Oh, totally Denver.

Spinal
Here is a case where Watashi is absolutely right.

Denver the Last Dinosaur.

I can't get enough.

Sycophant
GRUMBLE.

ledfloyd
12-05-2008, 04:03 AM
tale spin.

Ezee E
12-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Denver represent.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Wide World of Sports

Sven
12-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Denver. Bronto + guitar. Easy win.

Ezee E
12-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Littlest Hobo

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Denver. Bronto + guitar. Easy win.
Huh. My playbook says to score this entirely differently. Bronto + guitar = instant disqualification.

[/big stupid grump]

Ezee E
12-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Laverne and Shirley. Dig the show Rome but the theme is just stock "exotic" music.
Yup

Ezee E
12-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Tale Spin.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 04:13 AM
Is that a vote? Please include the title in your post so that it is easy to count.

Sven
12-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Kristen's wisecracks have already been made (gun, balloon), so I'll go ahead and add another Great American Hero vote, sans wiseass comment.

Derek
12-05-2008, 04:17 AM
Wide World of Sports

That's pure spite. Not cool, Spinal, not cool.

Sven
12-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Even though I love the TMNT theme, I am shocked to find myself excessively sad at Rockford Files loss so early in the game.

Like, seriously. I'm kind of disturbed at my level of emotional involvement here. Help.

Derek
12-05-2008, 04:19 AM
GRUMBLE.

SHELL SHOCKED!!

Derek
12-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Even though I love the TMNT theme, I am shocked to find myself excessively sad at Rockford Files loss so early in the game.

Like, seriously. I'm kind of disturbed at my level of emotional involvement here. Help.

Um...Dinosaucers is still in play? ;)

Watch Tale Spin and Laverne & Shirley again. That'll do you good.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 04:21 AM
That's pure spite. Not cool, Spinal, not cool.

Although you deserve it, Turtle Boy, it really isn't. Didn't really care for the Tale Spin theme and I still get a little thrill out of hearing the Wide World of Sports music.

Sven
12-05-2008, 04:23 AM
Um...Dinosaucers is still in play? ;)

Yes! You get rep.

Derek
12-05-2008, 04:42 AM
Although you deserve it, Turtle Boy, it really isn't. Didn't really care for the Tale Spin theme and I still get a little thrill out of hearing the Wide World of Sports music.

You're the one on record against Tale Spin. The consequences of that are far worse than anything I've said or done in this heated competition.

Plus, my questionable votes are for winners not losers. ;)

Kurosawa Fan
12-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Tale Spin, though I'm sad to see Wide World of Sports go so soon.

Kurosawa Fan
12-05-2008, 04:49 AM
I can't believe I'm voting for The Greatest American Hero. This is just sad.

Kurosawa Fan
12-05-2008, 04:51 AM
Laverne and Shirley. Easily. I always found the Rome opening a bit bland.

Kurosawa Fan
12-05-2008, 04:54 AM
I can't vote against a dinosaur playing a flying v. Denver it is.

monolith94
12-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Rome

monolith94
12-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Those lyrics to "Denver" are awfully akward... "he's my friend and I hope alot more"???

What does the singer mean by more?

For human/bronto sexual undertones, I vote for Gilligan's.

MadMan
12-05-2008, 05:39 AM
The theme to Denver the Last Dinosaur kind of brought a smile to my face. But I cannot vote against the theme to Gilligan's Island. That theme is a classic. So it gets my vote. I never did see Denver, as I was only two at the time it came out.

MadMan
12-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Laverne and Shirley's theme annoyed the piss out of me. Rome gets my vote. Even though its not really great, either.

MadMan
12-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Look Wild World of Sports is a classic, and its good stuff. But we're talking about Tale Spin here. That theme is amazing. It gets my vote. Tale Spin might even end up winning the whole thing. Wouldn't surprise me. Man I loved watching that intro again. Brought back good memories.

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 05:52 AM
The theme to Denver the Last Dinosaur kind of brought a smile to my face. But I cannot vote against the theme to Gilligan's Island. That theme is a classic. So it gets my vote. I never did see Denver, as I was only two at the time it came out.

Look Wild World of Sports is a classic, and its good stuff. But we're talking about Tale Spin here. That theme is amazing. It gets my vote. Tale Spin might even end up winning the whole thing. Wouldn't surprise me. Man I loved watching that intro again. Brought back good memories.

My god, you flip-flopper! Take a stand!

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
-Malcolm X

Man up!

:|

That quote might be misattributed. Can't tell from the Internet.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 06:03 AM
I will likely not be around to post new battles tomorrow night. Plan your lives accordingly.

Kurosawa Fan
12-05-2008, 06:07 AM
I will likely not be around to post new battles tomorrow night. Plan your lives accordingly.

I suppose this means I'll get to see my kids.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 06:12 AM
I suppose this means I'll get to see my kids.

This warning was mostly for Watashi, but if it benefits you as well, then all the better.

Derek
12-05-2008, 06:48 AM
I can't believe I'm voting for The Greatest American Hero. This is just sad.

Did you not see my equation above? It is foolproof.

MadMan
12-05-2008, 06:58 AM

-Malcolm X

Man up!

That quote might be misattributed. Can't tell from the Internet.Um more than one thing can't be a classic? And I did state what I was voting for in both posts. Are you sure you're not sick or something? Your acting silly dude.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 07:01 AM
I've watched the Denver clip at least five times tonight. I think I need help.

Derek
12-05-2008, 07:02 AM

-Malcolm X

Man up!

That quote might be misattributed. Can't tell from the Internet.

Madman is constantly influx and I for one am glad he allows us a glimpse into his internal dialogues and contradictions on a daily basis. He is a true maverick attempting to cross the unbridgeable gap between interpersonal communication and subconscious thought. Madman voices not opinions but the entire process involved in constructing, deconstructing and sometimes even changing those opinions all within a single post. Bow to the master.

Well I figure that whoever would actually make that picture their avatar would perhaps wish to be ignored. Or maybe not.

Touche, Madman. Touche. ;)

Watashi
12-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Denver

Watashi
12-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Tale Spin

Watashi
Greatest American Hero

Derek
You're acting silly dude.

A random observation that really has nothing to do with you or your post, but I found it amusing that anything can be considered silly when 20-30 adults gather together in a discussion board thread to vote on their preference between the theme songs to Denver the Last Dinosaur and Gilligan's Island.

Watashi
12-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Laverne and Shirly

Watashi
12-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Well my Friday is now ruined. :sad:

Watashi
12-05-2008, 07:09 AM
The people who made Dinosaucers and Denver must be the biggest pot smokers ever.

And my personal heroes.

Watashi
12-05-2008, 07:23 AM
I have to say that Talespin may have one of the most unique premises ever for a TV show.

I mean, what mad genius thought to take the Jungle Book characters and place them in a WWII dogfight show?

MadMan
12-05-2008, 07:38 AM
A random observation that really has nothing to do with you or your post, but I found it amusing that anything can be considered silly when 20-30 adults gather together in a discussion board thread to vote on their preference between the theme songs to Denver the Last Dinosaur and Gilligan's Island.You got me there :lol:

Madman is constantly influx and I for one am glad he allows us a glimpse into his internal dialogues and contradictions on a daily basis. He is a true maverick attempting to cross the unbridgeable gap between interpersonal communication and subconscious thought. Madman voices not opinions but the entire process involved in constructing, deconstructing and sometimes even changing those opinions all within a single post. Bow to the master.

Touche, Madman. Touche. ;)Oh man. That's utterly amazing. Your like a drunk poet, bashing out his mad vision on his ancient steel trap typewriter.

Clearly someone should create a thread devoted to profiling Match-Cutters. It could be genius.

Saya
12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Denver the Last Dinosaur

Saya
12-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Tale Spin

Saya
12-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Laverne and Shirley

Saya
12-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Yxklyx
12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Gilligan's Island

No contest! Repeating the title over and over does not a theme make.

Yxklyx
12-05-2008, 11:41 AM

Both were pretty awful.

Yxklyx
12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Laverne and Shirley

Russ
12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I still prefer George Costanza's version (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=caoYdiq3kak).

Thirdmango
12-05-2008, 01:04 PM

Thirdmango
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Laverne and Shirley

D_Davis
12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Gilligan's Island

D_Davis
12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Laverne and Shirley

D_Davis
12-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Greatest American Hero

dreamdead
12-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Tale Spin, though I seem to like it less than most here.

Thirdmango
12-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Denver the Last Dinosaur

dreamdead
12-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Denver has the WTF aspect to it, since I have no recall of this whatsoever from childhood.

But Gilligan it is.

Thirdmango
12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Tale Spin

Though I hope it does not win the whole thing.

Thirdmango
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Close battles, and all the ones I cared about won! TMNT Go!

Yxklyx
12-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Tale Spin

Weren't there different Wide World of Sports themes throughout the years? I was expecting something else.

Hugh_Grant
12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Wide World of Sports

Y'all are weird.

And why have I never heard of any of these cartoons?

Hugh_Grant
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Denver has the WTF aspect to it, since I have no recall of this whatsoever from childhood.

But Gilligan it is.

This.
Gilligan's Island

Hugh_Grant
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Rome, but I'm not crazy about either.

Hugh_Grant
12-05-2008, 01:46 PM

Yum-Yum, sorry to vote against your pick, but for what it's worth, you know how much I love dog stories and Canadiana, so my interest in the Littlest Hobo is definitely piqued. :)

Stay Puft
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Tale Spin

Stay Puft
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
The Littlest Hobo

Just to show some love.

monolith94
12-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Greatest American Hero, if only for the fact that it gave us a funny Sienfeld gag.

monolith94
12-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Wide World of Sports

Ivan Drago
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't know what this is or why you've chosen it as your user title, but I find it both annoying and disgusting.

Have you seen the show? Filthier stuff than that has come out of Ari Gold's mouth.

Sycophant
12-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Have you seen the show? Filthier stuff than that has come out of Ari Gold's mouth.

No. But that doesn't mean that I should find it charming.

I've said my peace.

Spinal
12-05-2008, 07:11 PM
It's all about context. Having the phrase next to every post you make may not be the right context.

Raiders
12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
TaleSpin

D_Davis
12-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Tale Spin

Russ
12-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Wide World of Sports

Russ
12-05-2008, 09:48 PM

Russ
12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Laverne and Shirley

Raiders
12-05-2008, 09:54 PM

Raiders
12-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeesh. I guess I'll go with Laverne & Shirley.

soitgoes...
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Wide World of Sports

soitgoes...
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Laverne and Shirley

soitgoes...
12-05-2008, 10:16 PM

soitgoes...
12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Gilligan's Island

Yum-Yum
12-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Yum-Yum, sorry to vote against your pick, but for what it's worth, you know how much I love dog stories and Canadiana, so my interest in the Littlest Hobo is definitely piqued. :)

Hey, that's cool. I knew it didn't stand a chance the moment I saw what it was up against.

Russ
12-06-2008, 01:41 AM
(God help us) Denver the Goddamn Dinosaur

Raiders
12-06-2008, 02:31 AM
I'll vote for Denver. Bob Denver, that is. Easily Gilligan's Island. It saddens me this doesn't seem to be the overwhelming majority opinion.

I do dislike the original opening for the show in the sense that it always seemed so lame to me that the Professor and Mary-Ann didn't warrant mention. I was happy they corrected it in subsequent years.

MadMan
12-06-2008, 04:03 AM
I'll vote for Denver. Bob Denver, that is. Easily Gilligan's Island. It saddens me this doesn't seem to be the overwhelming majority opinion.

I do dislike the original opening for the show in the sense that it always seemed so lame to me that the Professor and Mary-Ann didn't warrant mention. I was happy they corrected it in subsequent years.Yeah, I noticed that they were left out as well. Odd. Especially since Marry-Ann was hot, and the Professor was the coolest character on the show.

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Gilligan's Island

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 04:31 AM

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 04:35 AM
Laverne and Shirley

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 04:37 AM
TaleSpin

[ETM]
12-06-2008, 04:52 AM
ROME

Really? I thought L&S opening was equally stock "70's sitcom".
Btw, that Youtube video of the Rome opening is atrocious.

Qrazy
12-06-2008, 03:16 PM
That opening for Rome was weak, kind of makes me not want to watch it.

Laverne and Shirley.

[ETM]
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
That opening for Rome was weak, kind of makes me not want to watch it.

One of the few openings I never skipped while watching the show, actually.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Final Scores:

Laverne and Shirley 18
Rome 3

Tale Spin 16
Wide World of Sports 5

The Greatest American Hero 18
The Littlest Hobo 3

Gilligan's Island 11
Denver the Last Dinosaur 9

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Instructions:

Early Edition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-sOwvzPCow&feature=related)

Early Edition is a television series that aired on CBS from September 28, 1996 to May 27, 2000. Set in the city of Chicago, Illinois, it followed the adventures of a man who mysteriously receives each Chicago Sun-Times newspaper the day before it is actually published, and who uses this knowledge to prevent terrible events each day. Created by Ian Abrams, Patrick Q. Page, and Vik Rubenfeld, the series starred actor Kyle Chandler as Gary Hobson, and featured many real-life Chicago locations over the course of the series' run. Despite fan efforts to save the show, it was cancelled in May 2000, and it began airing in syndication on Fox Family Channel that same month. Consumer demand later prompted Paramount Home Entertainment to schedule a DVD release of the complete first season on June 24, 2008.

VS.

WKRP in Cincinnati (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=40Gb7HDHKYM&feature=related) For full song, click here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXHs8CaS2IU)

WKRP in Cincinnati (1978–1982) is an American situation comedy that featured the misadventures of the staff of a struggling radio station in Cincinnati, Ohio. The show was created by Hugh Wilson and was based upon his experiences working in advertising as a client of a classic album-oriented rock radio station. The ensemble cast consisted of Gary Sandy, Howard Hesseman, Gordon Jump, Loni Anderson, Tim Reid, Jan Smithers, Richard Sanders and Frank Bonner. As was typical of most MTM productions, the humor came more from running gags based on the known predilections and quirks of each character, rather than from outlandish plots or racy situations since the show has a realistic setting. The characters also developed somewhat over the course of the series. The series won a Humanitas Prize and received 10 Emmy Award nominations, including three for Outstanding Comedy Series.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Instructions:

Friday Night Lights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnF9t-wacas)

Friday Night Lights is an American serial drama television series adapted by Peter Berg, Brian Grazer and David Nevins from a book and film of the same name. The series details events surrounding the Dillon Panthers, a high school football team based in fictional Dillon, Texas, with particular focus given to the team's coach, Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler) and his family. The show uses this small-town backdrop to address many issues facing contemporary Middle America. Subject to multiple timeslot changes, Friday Night Lights has yet to obtain a sizable audience. The show has, however, been a critical success and was featured on a number of critics' top ten lists following its first season as well as being identified twice by the American Film Institute as culturally significant. Lauded by critics for its realistic portrayal of Middle America and deep personal exploration of its central characters, the show has been awarded a Peabody Award, an Emmy Award, and a Television Critics Association Award.

VS.

Get Smart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMj5LuT5hk)

Get Smart is an American comedy television series that satirized the secret agent genre. Created by Mel Brooks and Buck Henry, the show starred Don Adams as Maxwell Smart as Agent 86, and Barbara Feldon as Agent 99 of CONTROL, a secret U.S. government spy agency. Henry said the show came from a request by Daniel Melnick to capitalize on "the two biggest things in the entertainment world today" — James Bond and Inspector Clouseau. Brooks said: "It's an insane combination of James Bond and Mel Brooks comedy." The show aired on NBC from September 18, 1965 to April 12, 1969, after which it moved to CBS for its final season, running from September 26, 1969 to September 11, 1970. A total of 138 episodes were broadcast, which are often rerun around the world in syndication. The series won seven Emmy Awards and was nominated for another fourteen, as well as two Golden Globe Awards. The series was briefly relaunched years later, starring Adams and Feldon, with Andy Dick as Max and 99's son.

Sycophant
12-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Whole lot of Kyle Chandler today.

Get Smart, though.

Sycophant
12-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Early Edition.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Instructions:

ER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUIobzrrwTY)

ER is an Emmy Award-winning American medical drama series created by the late novelist Michael Crichton and airing on NBC. It is set primarily in the emergency room of fictional County General Hospital in Cook County, Chicago. It is produced by Constant c Productions and Amblin Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television Production, Inc. ER is NBC's second longest-running drama (after Law & Order), and, at 15 seasons, the longest-running American primetime medical drama of all time. The novel ER was originally slated to be a movie, directed by Steven Spielberg. However, during the early stages of pre-production, Spielberg asked Michael Crichton what his current project was. Crichton said he was working on a novel about dinosaurs and DNA. Spielberg subsequently dropped what he was doing to film this project, which became Jurassic Park. Afterwards, he returned to ER and helped develop the show, serving as a producer on season one and offering advice.

VS.

The Storyteller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs81RjW4kvs)

The Storyteller is a live-action/puppet television series. It was an American/British co-production which originally aired in 1987 and was created and produced by Jim Henson. The series retold various European fairy tales, created with a combination of actors and puppets. The framing device had an old storyteller (John Hurt) sitting by a fire telling each tale to both the viewers and to his talking dog (a realistic looking puppet, performed and voiced by Brian Henson) who acted as the voice of the viewers. The series was scored by Rachel Portman. Each half-hour episode was written by Anthony Minghella.

Raiders
12-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Though it seems kind of like subpar Mancini, Get Smart wins here. If Friday Night Lights used Daniel Johnston's "Devil Town" like they do in the promos, it would have gotten my vote.

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Get Smart

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 05:45 PM
ER

D_Davis
12-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Friday Night Lights

Love Explosions in the Sky

Raiders
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I have always rather hated WKRP's intro. Early Edition it is. Plus, the latter is a somewhat underrated and overlooked show and deserves some attention.

This link for WKRP is for season 2, but I think the music is pretty much the same and the only difference is the cast since all the Cincy shots are pretty much the same. The audio and video are much clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKIFIp7jQ4c

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Instructions:

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEH2xPcGpVE&feature=related) (theme begins at :22)

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood or Mister Rogers is an American children's television series that was created and hosted by Fred Rogers. Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was produced by Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA public broadcaster WQED and Rogers' non-profit production company Family Communications, Inc. (named Small World Enterprises prior to 1971). It is the longest running series on PBS. (Sesame Street began a year and a half later.) Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was characterized by its quiet simplicity and gentleness. Episodes did not have a plot, and consisted of Rogers speaking directly to the viewer about various issues, taking the viewer on tours of factories, demonstrating experiments, crafts, and music, and interacting with his friends. The half-hour episodes were punctuated by a puppet segment chronicling occurrences in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

VS.

Kaiba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OH1ObXl1NI)

Kaiba is an anime series directed by Masaaki Yuasa that debuted on the Wowow satellite network in Spring 2008. Animation is by Madhouse and it is described as a sci-fi love story. Society has fallen apart as authority has become lost and stagnant. One day, a man awakens in a ruined room. His name is Kaiba. He has no memories, but he does have a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman inside. In the skies are roiling clouds and electrical storms, impossible to pass without losing one's memories; above them lies the elusive realm of the rich and powerful, who barter others' bodies and memories for their own enjoyment and longevity. Below lies a troubled and dangerous world where good bodies are hard to come by and real money is scarce. The main character, Kaiba, does not speak very much. He has a hole in the middle of his chest and a tattoo of three circles forming a triangle on his belly.

Sycophant
12-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I just realized I've never seen an episode of ER. But ER it is.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:52 PM
ER

Really not a fan of the show, but I must confess that it has the superior theme here.

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Early Edition

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Get Smart

Sycophant
12-06-2008, 05:55 PM
This is unspeakably difficult.

But I'm going with Kaiba.

*wince*

Spinal
12-06-2008, 05:57 PM
WKRP

Raiders
12-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Definitely, positively and without question, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

Russ
12-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Spinal, when we get down to 64 theme songs, are you gonna do brackets?

D_Davis
12-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I love Kaiba, but I've gotta go with Mr. Roger's.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Toughest battle yet, perhaps. That Kaiba theme is gorgeous. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

Going to vote Mr. Rogers.

dreamdead
12-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Friday Night Lights for the EitS factor. One would think that more shows/films would contact instrumental bands like this and get them to compose material for them.

dreamdead
12-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Pretty animation for The Storyteller, but ER has the better theme. SO ER it is.

Raiders
12-06-2008, 06:08 PM
If we're going with the whole package and not just the music, which is what I'm doing here, The Storyteller is better overall. So, The Storyteller.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey Spinal, when we get down to 64 theme songs, are you gonna do brackets?

Brackets are going to start at 128. At that point, I will reveal the full list of remaining themes grouped into 8 groups of 16. There will be seedings. However, those seedings will be invisible. There are two reasons for this. First, I want to avoid themes getting tagged with an over-rated/under-rated label. Secondly, I don't want to deal with complaints about where certain themes have been placed. Still, if you're paying attention, you'll be able to figure out which themes are going to collide.

dreamdead
12-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Haunting theme from childhood or a haunting theme heard for the first time today. I'll give it to Kaiba simply because it's so tenderly beautiful.

chrisnu
12-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Yes, this was the most difficult choice yet.

Stay Puft
12-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Early Edition

Stay Puft
12-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Get Smart

Thirdmango
12-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Early Edition

Yxklyx
12-06-2008, 06:41 PM
This was close - both are pretty decent but I'll go with The Storyteller

Qrazy
12-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Early Edition deserves to win the entire contest.

Qrazy
12-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Kaiba

Yxklyx
12-06-2008, 06:45 PM
WKRP in Cincinnati

Yxklyx
12-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Get Smart

Watashi
12-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Mr. Rogers Neighborhood by a landslide. I'm rooting for it to win the entire thing.

Kaiba kinda sucks.

Thirdmango
12-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Though FNL is a show I found to be quite good, I gotta still go with Get Smart.

Watashi
I don't think anyone nominated Get Smart.

Watashi
Oh, and Friday Night Lights.

Qrazy
12-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Get Smart... also never realized it was co-created by Mel Brooks.

Yxklyx
12-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't think anyone nominated Get Smart.

match-cut.org is becoming sentient?

Thirdmango
meh don't really care on this one, I'll randomly choose The Storyteller

Watashi
I think Spinal needs to start listing this "filler" theme songs in the main thread, because a lot of these themes (like Gilligans Island and Fat Albert), no one nominated them, and yet most of them are getting the majority of the votes. Not really fair if you ask me.

I take internet battles srsly.

Yxklyx
Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Watashi
12-06-2008, 06:52 PM
ER

Thirdmango
12-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Kaiba

Though I must admit, I'm really having a hard time getting into the show itself.

Watashi
12-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't understand why Spinal has completely flat-out ignored me whenever I ask to help him with the tournament. I have run several widely popular battles over at RT, so I know what I'm doing. I have a tournament bracket program I downloaded for neat bracketology for every selection. I personally want to see all the themes nominated in some sort of bracket and know which themes are being played-in and what other ones get high seeds. I'm not digging this whole "surprise and vote" process and with themes I know that have not been nominated (again who decides on what is a "filler" theme?). I'm pretty much the king of tournament battles, so I'm going to sound stingy when something isn't run with top production values.

Again, internet battles are serious business

Spinal
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Are you trying to annoy me?

Watashi
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Are you trying to annoy me?
No, I just want answers.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 07:02 PM
No, I just want answers.

Well, you're going to have to deal without them.

Watashi
12-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, you're going to have to deal without them.
Why?

I'm offering to help you.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Why?

I'm offering to help you.

You seem to be the only one who thinks I need help.

Watashi
12-06-2008, 07:07 PM
You seem to be the only one who thinks I need help.
Well, yeah. While everyone else think it's just a fun tournament, I take them pretty seriously since I run them all the time in the past. I just want some consistency and neatness, that's all.

Watashi
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, yeah. While everyone else think it's just a fun tournament, I take them pretty seriously since I run them all the time in the past. I just want some consistency and neatness, that's all.
Here's an example: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=608966&highlight=headquarters

Again, not trying to sound prude or anything, but I don't mind posting battles in case real life gets in your way. It makes the whole process just faster.

Spinal
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM

OK, so we've established that it's a 'you' problem.

Watashi
12-06-2008, 07:11 PM
OK, so we've established that it's a 'you' problem.
I never said it wasn't. It just seems odd to not release all the themes eligible for the tournament (in bracket form or not). Who knows what got in and what didn't. Again, that's probably just me wondering.

DavidSeven
12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
I love this place.

Russ
12-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Battle of the Match-Cut Posters: Watashi vs. Spinal.

Gee, I dunno. Kinda like 'em both. This is a hard one.

Spinal :twisted:

ledfloyd
12-06-2008, 08:15 PM
i love EitS but Get Smart is classic.

Get Smart.

ledfloyd
12-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Mr. Rogers.

Qrazy
12-06-2008, 08:16 PM
;119072']One of the few openings I never skipped while watching the show, actually.

So the show is in fact equally bad then? ;)

Qrazy
12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Wats do you happen to have OCD?

Kurosawa Fan
12-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I like both themes, but since I nominated it, I'll give my support to Friday Night Lights.

Kurosawa Fan
12-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Mr. Rogers. There may be no greater nostalgia factor when it comes to these themes.

Kurosawa Fan
12-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Definitely The Storyteller. I was never a big fan of the ER theme, though it was the best part of the show.

Henry Gale
12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
The Friday Night Lights theme isn't Explosions in The Sky's "Your Hand In Mine" but instead something else by the guy that does the score for the show, W.G. Walden. But it's definitely trying to sound a lot like the Explosions song since that was used prominently in the movie.

I'll still vote for it.

Kurosawa Fan
12-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Early Edition. WKRP gets a big meh from me. I know it's supposed to be iconic, but it's boring. Just flat out boring.

Russ
12-06-2008, 08:39 PM
WKRP gets a big meh from me. I know it's supposed to be iconic, but it's boring. Just flat out boring.
And its closing theme (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t8uH76COzk8) couldn't have been more different (really, it's just a rip of Elton John's Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting"). I always wished that that had been the opening theme.

Sycophant
12-06-2008, 08:40 PM
The Friday Night Lights theme isn't Explosions in The Sky's "Your Hand In Mine" but instead something else by the guy that does the score for the show, W.G. Walden. But it's definitely trying to sound a lot like the Explosions song since that was used prominently in the movie.

I'll still vote for it.Snuffy Walden also wrote the Early Edition theme.

MadMan
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Mr. Rogers Neighbor, easily.

MadMan
12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I like the theme for Friday Night Lights. But Get Smart gets my vote. Get Smart's theme is also one of my all time favorites.

monolith94
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
I nominated Get Smart.

Aso, Get Smart.

monolith94
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
The Storyteller

MadMan
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Early Edition gets my vote. I fondly remember that show back when I was growing up. Too bad it was short lived. The premise rocked.

monolith94
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Kaiba

MadMan
12-06-2008, 09:03 PM
ER

Russ
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Get Smart, tho I gotta admit FNL is a worthy opponent.

Russ
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Underwhelmed by both, so The Storyteller

Russ
12-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Kaiba. Iconic tho it is, The Mister Roger' theme kinda creeps me out.

Russ
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
It's probably too late, but here's the original (and better quality) WKRP in Cincinnati (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=40Gb7HDHKYM&feature=related) theme. And that's my choice this round.

Ezee E
12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I picked it. I'll vote for it. Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

Milky Joe
12-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, even though it creeps me the fuck out.

Winston*
12-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Definitely Kaiba.

Never seen Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood, so to me that opening is just some weird dude singing poorly.

Hugh_Grant
12-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I just realized I've never seen an episode of ER. But ER it is.

Really? I've seen all 300+ episodes, some multiple times. While it's jumped the shark so many times I've lost track, I've never been able to stop watching, and I'll be sad when it goes off the air in March.

ER

Derek
12-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of WKRP either, but I don't think Early Edition could be more dull if it tried. WKRP gets my vote for at least having a pulse.

And Qrazy, wtf?

Hugh_Grant
12-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Definitely Friday Night Lights

Winston*
12-06-2008, 10:27 PM
ER

Hugh_Grant
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Early Edition

Derek
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Kaiba's kinda cool, but Mr. Rogers is it. Perhaps the haters would prefer Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood (http://www.hulu.com/watch/4189/saturday-night-live-mr-robinsons-neighborhood).

Winston*
12-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Get Smart

Winston*
12-06-2008, 10:32 PM
WKRP

Derek
12-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Get Smart

I love Explosions in the Sky, even the knock off, so this is a painful one. Still, Get Smart should probably be in the Elite 8.

Hugh_Grant
Never seen Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood, so to me that opening is just some weird dude singing poorly.
Hee hee.

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Qrazy
I'm not a big fan of WKRP either, but I don't think Early Edition could be more dull if it tried. WKRP gets my vote for at least having a pulse.

And Qrazy, wtf?

Dun dun dudalundun dun dun Dun dun dun dun dun dudalundundun dun.

Derek
12-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Er