PDA

View Full Version : Songs of Empowerment

number8
11-16-2007, 01:05 AM
When I'm walking slowly through a crowded street while listening to Ryan Adams' "Bartering Lines", I feel like the most badass person in the world.

Discuss.

D_Davis
11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
I like walking home across the half deserted CompUSA parking lot listening to U2's Pride. Especially when it's kind of windy, it feels like an old music video.

Cool topic!

rocus
11-16-2007, 01:18 AM
I love walking through crowded places listening to something like that. It's like you're in a movie and have your own personal soundtrack. Everyone is busy going about their business and hustling around, but not you. You are so badass that you can kick back and take things slow.

Although, sometimes it's fun to strut listening to Stayin' Alive.

D_Davis
11-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Although, sometimes it's fun to strut listening to Stayin' Alive.

Nothing like living a cliche every once in a while.

Kurosawa Fan
11-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Walking through a crowd listening to "At the Edge" by Stiff Little Fingers always puts a smile on my face.

MadMan
11-17-2007, 12:12 AM
In the summer I love driving down the street blasting heavy metal. Makes me feel like I'm rocking hardcore and shit man.

bac0n
11-17-2007, 05:07 AM
There's that one song by The Walkmen. I don't know the name of the thing, bit it goes "You've got a nerve to be asking a favor! You've got a nerve to be calling my number!"

Anyone know the name of the song? The DJ who plays it always prefaces it by saying, "if i ever turn to a life of crime and start holding up convenience stores, that's the song I want playing in the getaway car."

Now, if that ain't empowering, I don't know what is.

megladon8
11-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but going on a long drive listening to "How to Disappear Completely" by Radiohead is a surreal experience to say the least.

MadMan
11-17-2007, 07:03 AM
There's that one song by The Walkmen. I don't know the name of the thing, bit it goes "You've got a nerve to be asking a favor! You've got a nerve to be calling my number!"

Anyone know the name of the song? The DJ who plays it always prefaces it by saying, "if i ever turn to a life of crime and start holding up convenience stores, that's the song I want playing in the getaway car."

Now, if that ain't empowering, I don't know what is.I think the song is called "The Rat." I'd have to double check it though. If it is that same song then hell yeah that song rocks.

PS: Yes it is indeed called "The Rat." You can see the video for it on YouTube.

SpaceOddity
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I like to play 'I Fought the Law' in my head when contemplating some meagre rebellion.

*points and laughs at self*

Ivan Drago
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I love to listen to the Sopranos theme song and Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G. when I'm walking around people. It makes me feel cool.

jenniferofthejungle
11-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Nothing like living a cliche every once in a while.

It's not a cliche. This song actually plays every time rocus walks.

Biff Justice
11-25-2007, 02:18 AM
http://www.cracked.com/article_15636_10-most-terrifyingly-inspirational-80s-songs.html

Nothing more empowering than these.

[ETM]
11-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Listening to the "Dexter" soundtrack while walking among people certainly puts and interesting spin on things...

Boner M
11-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Link Wray instrumentals make me feel ridiculously badass. Esp. "Jack the Ripper".