PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Saya
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Lost: Missing Pieces launched today.

Lost: Missing Pieces are 13 two- to three-minute stories of compelling, new, never-before-seen moments from the hit television show LOST. These newly-created scenes (not deleted scenes from previous episodes) reveal answers and new details about your favorite characters. For each story, we leave it up to the fans to figure out where these pieces fit into the overall mythology. The new stories are from the same creative team responsible for the series and feature the show's main actors in stories that have all the compelling values that make LOST one of the most popular dramas on television around the world.

Here is the first one:

The Watch (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index?pn=index)

So there are new installments for the next 12 weeks and then...season 4? I hope so.

Henry Gale
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
It's kind of odd to be finally getting these now seeing as I remember Lindelof and Cuse talking about filming them as far back as around the time they shot episode 20 or 21 of Season Two.

If they all keep within this type of style then I think I'll enjoy them as neat time-passers for the weeks leading up to Season 4 (well, half of it at least). But it doesn't seem like they'll act as anything other than entertaining ways of tying up loose ends to minor things with the show's actual cast and crew that these types of mobisodes don't usually get.

As for the show itself, it's still easily my favourite thing on TV and I'm going to absolutely be over the moon when it returns.

MadMan
11-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Those sound cool and all, but I don't know if I'm that obssessed with the show to check them out.

In any case I can't wait for Season 4. There hasn't been a bad season of the show yet, and the fact that its going to be a shorter season will hopefully result in less filler and more meaty plotlines and the like. I'd rank Season 1 as the best, followed by Season 3 and Season 2. I think that Season 2 gets unfairly bashed at times when it was a great followup to the amazing first season.

[ETM]
11-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Those sound cool and all, but I don't know if I'm that obssessed with the show to check them out.

You sound like it takes more than clicking a link.:)

MadMan
11-13-2007, 03:36 AM
;5272']You sound like it takes more than clicking a link.:)No. I just don't feel like watching them. I could do better things in the 26-39 minutes that I would spend watching them though.

Morris Schæffer
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I saw the last three episodes of season three again last night. Amazing stuff, but I'm still puzzled why Jack, in the flash forward, talked about his dad as if he was still alive.

EvilShoe
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I saw the last three episodes of season three again last night. Amazing stuff, but I'm still puzzled why Jack, in the flash forward, talked about his dad as if he was still alive.
He obviously got adopted.

Morris Schæffer
11-13-2007, 05:01 PM
He obviously got adopted.

Interesting. My deduction skills have clearly failed me on this instance. The person in the coffin? :)

EvilShoe
11-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Interesting. My deduction skills have clearly failed me on this instance. The person in the coffin? :)
No one in particular, it's just that Jack has become a funeral crasher.

MadMan
11-13-2007, 11:21 PM
I saw the last three episodes of season three again last night. Amazing stuff, but I'm still puzzled why Jack, in the flash forward, talked about his dad as if he was still alive.I think he was so out of it from his drug and alcohol binge that to try and score more drugs he decided to mention his father's name. Or the drugs made him think his dad was alive. I donno. For all we know the flash forward scenes could be taking place somewhere in another dimision. Knowing LOST that wouldn't be much of a stretch :lol:

EvilShoe
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Trailer for season 4:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=40174

Doesn't really reveal anything though.

Kurosawa Fan
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Trailer for season 4:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=40174

Doesn't really reveal anything though.

This played in the theater before No Country for Old Men. It's kind of a disappointing trailer. There's very little in the way of new footage.

Henry Gale
12-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Finally it's in decent quality.

I think it's a really cool little teaser with a lot of quick images that do just that. The shots of Hurley looking into the broken windows of Jacob's little house, parachuters falling, that shot of blood dripping onto one of their arms and all of that kind of stuff are the just the kinds of clips that remind me what it feels like to be excited for the show again and leaves me pumped for February.

Now I'm gonna go watch all three seasons' DVDs in preparation.

Saya
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
The trailer got me pumped for Lost again. The Wire in january and Lost in february, what a great start of 2008.

Someone took screenshots from it and put it up here:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2007/12/lost-trailer-high-quality.html

I think the last two pics are very interesting.

Also, don't browse that website beyond the linked page if you don't want to be spoiled for the next season. I read a HUGE spoiler for season 4.

number8
12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I think the last two pics are very interesting.

Hmmmm. :eek: I didn't notice that when I saw the trailer, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Kurosawa Fan
12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Hmmmm. :eek: I didn't notice that when I saw the trailer, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

This'll be a dream or vision by Hurley.

MadMan
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
The trailer was decent, but I'd rather have it be ambigious and unclear so as to not really spoil anything. Besides I'm too psyched for Season 4 for any trailer to really raise or lower my excitement level for more new Lost.

Saya
12-21-2007, 02:42 PM
New Lost commercial:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid824731283?bctid=134789004 3

It shows a lot more than that last trailer.

number8
01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Actual billboard spotted in several US cities:

http://io9.com/assets/resources/2008/01/LostBoard.JPG

soitgoes...
01-30-2008, 11:34 PM
So season four debuts tomorrow. Yay? It's been so long.

MadMan
01-31-2008, 01:14 AM
Even though we'll probably get only half of the season this year I'm still psyched for Season 4's opener tomorrow night. Despite the fact that I have to work that night and thus will be having to wait until the weekend to watch it.

Ezee E
01-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Shoot. I still need to see Season 3.

Henry Gale
01-31-2008, 01:27 AM
Oh I'm so excited. The early reviews for tomorrow's episode have been extremely positive.

ThePlashyBubbler
01-31-2008, 05:44 AM
I am also incredibly pumped for tomorrow. And incredibly frustrated that we'll only be getting eight fresh episodes due to the writer's strike!

number8
01-31-2008, 08:30 AM
Wow. The special edition episode tonight sucked balls. What useless trivias.

MadMan
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
I kind of liked the SE episode, if only because it was a great refresher since that episode was aired months ago.

Saya
01-31-2008, 03:48 PM
I totally forgot about the new season of Lost! What a nice suprise, can't wait to see the first episode.

Russ
01-31-2008, 05:33 PM
I kind of liked the SE episode, if only because it was a great refresher since that episode was aired months ago.
Need a refresher but didn't have time for the two hour recap? Here's everything you need to know about LOST in 8 minutes, 15 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM27s4vJGtg)

MadMan
01-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Need a refresher but didn't have time for the two hour recap? Here's everything you need to know about LOST in 8 minutes, 15 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM27s4vJGtg)Heh I've seen that video a couple of times. Its great.

number8
02-01-2008, 08:12 AM
YES. YEEESSSS.

Man, I was so happy it's back I nearly cried. First ep ruled.

Thirdmango
02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
That was a really good episode. Very impressed.

Henry Gale
02-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Definately a great way to start the season. I remember being slightly underwhelmed by the premiere last year, but this time I definately can't say I have any reservations at all.

All of how great it was makes it even harder to accept the fact that it'll all only last 8 episodes.

number8
02-02-2008, 01:57 AM
I like the BSG-esque mystery.

WHO ARE THE OCEANIC 6?

DavidSeven
02-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Loved the premiere. I especially loved how...

The flash forward was actually a flashback of the season three finale's flash foward. The new writers are earning their money.

Sxottlan
02-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Loved the premiere. I especially loved how...

The flash forward was actually a flashback of the season three finale's flash foward. The new writers are earning their money.

My understanding is that the flashbacks are done and now we're going to get flash forwards until the end of the show. At least I think we will.

With this show, who knows?

number8
02-02-2008, 04:13 AM
My only concern i they're done with flashbacks is that for the rest of the series (or at least, this season), we'll only get flash-forwards from Jack, Kate, Hurley and 3 other people.

Dead & Messed Up
02-02-2008, 06:49 AM
My only concern i they're done with flashbacks is that for the rest of the series (or at least, this season), we'll only get flash-forwards from Jack, Kate, Hurley and 3 other people.

Two points: the Oceani 6 refers to people officially recognized by Oceanic. It doesn't necessarily mean only six people returned. And there will still be plenty of people still on the island.

number8
02-02-2008, 07:29 AM
But it'd be really weird if people on the island flash forward to them still on the island, no?

Sxottlan
02-02-2008, 08:07 AM
I think my information came second hand, from someone who had read an interview with the show's producers.

And now I recall them saying that the flash forwards' usage would be gradual, not completely replacing the flashbacks at least right away. Again though, it's a hazy memory.

I hope they don't completely get rid of the flashbacks. A new character was never official until they got a flashback episode. :lol:

On a slightly different topic, I imagine that the remaining eight scripts for this season are just on hold until the strike is over? So I guess that could mean there's a possibility for a very long season 5?

Dead & Messed Up
02-02-2008, 08:29 AM
But it'd be really weird if people on the island flash forward to them still on the island, no?

True. They could have flashbacks.

number8
02-02-2008, 08:35 AM
You're right, it seems:

So is it a constant battle to balance the character stuff versus moving the story forward? Or have you developed a rhythm with that?

“No, the rhythm is completely changed now. There’s a lot of curiosity [about the new season on both sides, from the writers and the fans]. For the first time ever, I really don’t know how the fans and the public at large are going to absorb the new season. I really can’t tell you, because it’s so different.

Caldwell “It’s not a different show, but the whole paradigm of the show [has changed]. Every week it was like, ‘Here’s a conflict on the island and here’s something about this character that helps explain why they’re acting this way or what’s motivating them.’ It was more emotional -- [the flashbacks] were never plotty. The flashback stories always were, Carlton likes to say, these little New Yorker short stories. They had a beginning, a middle and an end. ‘This is the time that Kate got caught in Australia, this is the time that Sawyer decided to stop conning, this is the time that Locke went on walkabout, this is the time that Jack ratted out his dad.’

“Now, when you talk about doing flash-forwards on the show, the paradigm shifts entirely, because you’re showing the audience A, which is, they’re on the island, and you’re showing them Z, which is, they’re off the island. But the audience doesn’t know B through Y.

“So when you watch the flash-forwards, there’s an emotional component, but you’re also completely engaged on a plot level, because you’re like, ‘How did they get here?’ Every little sentence they say is a clue to what B through Y may be. You have to watch the show in an entirely different fashion.

“I think it’s great, and exciting for us as writers, because we were so sick of writing flashback stories. So we’ve changed the paradigm of the show, but in doing so, it’s a fairly new world in terms of how it’s going to be watched. My fundamental thinking is, half the people are going to think it’s great, and half the people are going to say, ‘This is not the “Lost” that I know and love, and I want it to go back to being the way that it was.’ And of course those will be the same people who were kvetching about the flashbacks being boring.”

So you said something interesting at Comic-Con last summer [more on that here], that flashbacks are going the way of the dodo. Are they gone?

“No, they’re not.”

Will it be a gradual transition to more flash-forwards?

“I don’t really want to say. I feel like, what the new rules are that the show plays by – [figuring that out] is going to be part of the fun of the new season. All I’ll say is, we’re done telling flashback stories that are not relevant to the uber-story of the island.”

number8
02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I had my suspicion while watching the sode, but this freeze frame confirms it. Jacob's identity:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Image/LOST/lost-christianjacob.jpg

Dead & Messed Up
02-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I had my suspicion while watching the sode, but this freeze frame confirms it. Jacob's identity:

Or Jacob's friend and frequent poker partner.

number8
02-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Or Jacob's friend and frequent poker partner.

You just blew my mind.

number8
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Hee hee:

LOST star TERRY O'QUINN boards aeroplanes with caution - because fellow airline passengers worry when they spot him on their flight. The actor is often recognised as healed paraplegic John Locke, the character he plays in the hit TV series about survivors of a plane crash - but he tempers any unease by cracking jokes to anxious travellers. He says, "It's funny - they say, 'Are we going down?' And I say, 'We might crash, but we'll be okay, I'll take care of you.' It's always light-hearted; no one's freaked out at me."

Saya
02-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Fantastic first episode. Can't wait to see more. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Yep, the last episode of Lost' Missing Pieces also hints to that.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/So_It_Begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9M0FTWACU

But who was the other guy in the room with Jacob. Here's a screencap:

http://i29.tinypic.com/mv116g.png

Also did you catch this at the beginning of the ep:

I didn't catch the writing the first time.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2nhkv3r.jpg

Dead & Messed Up
02-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Fantastic first episode. Can't wait to see more. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Yep, the last episode of Lost' Missing Pieces also hints to that.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/So_It_Begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9M0FTWACU

But who was the other guy in the room with Jacob. Here's a screencap:

http://i29.tinypic.com/mv116g.png

That "eye" actually conforms to the eye that's seen in "The Man Behind the Curtain." In the commentary for that episode, the writers confirm that the eye actually belongs to Jacob. So what you're probably seeing is Jacob and Christian in a room together.

Christian is probably sitting in Jacob's chair deliberately to fuck with your head more.

Henry Gale
02-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Christian is probably sitting in Jacob's chair deliberately to fuck with your head more.

Or Jack's head. The poor guy's going to cry so hard if he starts seeing all this.

Saya
02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
That "eye" actually conforms to the eye that's seen in "The Man Behind the Curtain." In the commentary for that episode, the writers confirm that the eye actually belongs to Jacob. So what you're probably seeing is Jacob and Christian in a room together.

Interesting. It still confuses me a bit, but I have hope that we'll get more new information about Jacob this season.

I just read that the next episode, "Confirmed Dead" was written by Drew Goddard & Brian K. Vaughan and directed by Stephen Williams.

number8
02-05-2008, 05:14 PM
BKV wrote one of the best eps last season.

number8
02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Yay for accuracy!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/science_news/4247879.html

MadMan
02-07-2008, 04:25 AM
That episode was bloody fantastic. I'll have more to say on it later, but my laptop is dying so I'll have to get back to you all and such.

number8
02-08-2008, 07:14 AM
Rockin' ep tonight. Ken Leung's character is awesome.

Dead & Messed Up
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Pretty fun episode, even though I wish more had been revealed. I'm enjoying how the island is factioning. Seems like there always has to be two warring peoples on the island.

DavidSeven
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I wish they could have avoided doing flashbacks of the new characters. It felt like filler. I'm not sure about Leung's character. This could go in a very silly direction. His flashback was pretty absurd.

Kurosawa Fan
02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I wish they could have avoided doing flashbacks of the new characters. It felt like filler. I'm not sure about Leung's character. This could go in a very silly direction. His flashback was pretty absurd.

Agreed. I thought he was a scam artist, what with that vacuum and all. When I realized I was supposed to be taking him seriously, I might have groaned a bit.

This season overall has been good. Not great, just good. It's going along quite nicely. There's one thing about this show that has always bothered me, and it continues to do so. I can't stand when a character will demand answers from someone, or a character will promise answers, only to have something distract them, and then never revisit the question/answer. Example: Locke in the first episode, with his little speech by the wreckage. He gives a bunch of cryptic information, holding answers in arms reach, and then Hurley steps in a gives his little Charlie speech and no one thinks afterward to say, "wait a sec.. what the hell are you talking about Locke?" Or the moment from last episode when Leung's character is asked by Jack what their main purpose is on the island, and then another blip shows up on their phone and they just head off in that direction without any answers. I realize that they told us later that Ben is the reason they're there, but in that situation, if I'm Jack, I stick a gun in his face and say that we're not going anywhere until he explains everything to me.

I'm not saying I want all the answers now, but don't reveal to the survivors that saving them isn't priority #1 if you're not going to tell them what is, and not have them demand to know what the hell is going on. We still don't know why they want Ben so bad, and if we don't find out next episode, and quickly, I'll be very annoyed. I can't imagine any situation where Jack & co., armed with weapons and wanting to be saved more than anything, wouldn't demand to know every little detail before taking them to Ben.

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Guys,

I did this work/research by myself. Not everything inside is all thought up by me, but a lot of it is. Anyway, I thought people would be interested in helping me fill in some of the missing pieces. I stopped working on it after the 2nd season when I hated the third season, But i'd like to get back up to date. So don't post until I say so. And if you think what I did was stupid or obsessive, than you're probably right. So here it goes....

Dukefrukem
A thread dedicated to the best show on TV right now. (next to 24)

Go!!

Blue = Theory
Red = Confirmed

Warning!!! this thread will contain spoilers from the show, including theories of different events that occur on the island.

Facts:

-------------------------------------Misc Facts-------------------------------------

http://www.dharmaindustries.com/

http://bigspaceship1.com/ is NOT an OFFICIAL LOST site

http://bigspaceshipone.com is NOT an OFFICIAL LOST site

REMOVED FOR IRRELEVANCY

http://thehansofoundation.org/ an OFFICIAL LOST site

www.letyourcompassguideyou.com an OFFICIAL LOST site

www.Hansocareers.com an OFFICIAL LOST site

http://www.oceanicflight815.com,an OFFICIAL LOST site click on the little barcode near the bottom of the page, and type in "theislandiswaiting", then you get a page of what's supposedly the script for the sixth episode of this season the script was not correct

48 survivors

the radio went out 6 hours into the flight

they are "Estimated" 1000 miles off course

The jet split into three sections;

the front portion was found in the middle of the island where the Captain survived but was later eaten by "the monster"

the middle section is where the main 42 survivors were seated

the tail section had 16 survivors

the numbers added up = 108

-------------------------------------Season 1 FACTS-------------------------------------

Episode 1: Pilot

the flight number of the crash is Oceanic Flight #815, Bowing 777 Jump Jet... Bound from Sydney Australia to Los Angeles California, 42 rows, 352 seats

Episode 18: Numbers

Hurley memorized the numbers, 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 from Lenny when he was in a psycho ward.
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3613/vlcsnap23455516si.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23455516si .png)

He used the numbers to play the lottery and win $157 million.
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/4630/vlcsnap25931286gp.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25931286gp .png)

Since he won the lottery, he's had nothing but bad luck: his house burned down, hes mother broke her ankle, etc etc
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1048/vlcsnap23346825vl.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23346825vl .png)

Episode 19: Deus Ex Machina

Locke dreamed of a two engine plane crashing on the island which him and Boone later found hanging off a cliff
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4549/vlcsnap23155757jl.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23155757jl .png)

Boone and Locke found the body of a Catholic Priest hanging from a nearby tree, as well as Nigerian money and loaded handguns in the plane.

Boone found maps of Nigeria and the Sahara desert inside the plane, as well as a New York City address stuck on the outside of several crates of Virgin Mary Statues filled with heroin

Boone uses the radio onboard to make a call for help, got a response that sounded like they too were survivors of flight #815, but the plane shifted in the trees falling to the ground, and killing Boone
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3296/vlcsnap23156279ba.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23156279ba .png) http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2366/vlcsnap23559975ed.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23559975ed .png)

Episode 24: Exodus (2)

The numbers are written on the side of the hatch
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3796/vlcsnap23250158co.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23250158co .png)

-------------------------------------Season 2 FACTS-------------------------------------

Episode 1: Man of Science, Man of Faith

In the first episode of the 2nd season, Walt appears to Shannon in the jungle. He motions for her to be quiet and then appears to whisper something. When played backwards Walt says. " [Don't] press the button...[the button is bad]".

Episode 2: Adrift

The numbers were entered in the computer to reset a countdown inside the hatch
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/14/vlcsnap25942663qy.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25942663qy .png)

the countdown restarts to 108 minutes
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5750/vlcsnap23469298gh.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23469298gh .png)

numbers on food pantry: DI9FFTR731
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2944/vlcsnap23235214zw.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23235214zw .png)

Episode 3: Orientation

Desmond says hes been on the island for 3 years.

the Orientation film was created by the Hanso Foundation in 1980 as a part of Dharma Initiative

Is titled "The Dharma Initiative - 3 of 6 - Orientation".

Claims The Swan is station 3 and was built in the 70's.

The title "3 of 6" likely means "Station #3 out of 6". "3 of 6" also appears next to The Swan on the Blast Door Map.

Claims the Dharma Initiative is the brainchild of Dr Gerald and Karen DeGroot (two doctoral candidates at the University of Michigan)

Mentions B.F. Skinner and that the project is a "social-science research facility"

Dharma Initiative was created to give scientists a place to study

* Meteorology
* Psychology
* Parapsychology
* Zoology (the film featuring Polar Bears, a recurring theme)
* Electromagnetism
* Utopian Social__? (the rest is cut off) may be Utopian Socialism

The partners who work at the station are there for 540 day shifts, which is 5x108. This means each team must hit the button between 7,200 and 7476 times, because they actually reset the timer before the 108 minutes are up, so it can be between 104 and 108 minutes between each pushing of the button.

The Swan was originally created to study the unique magnetic characteristics of the part of the island that the hatch occupies.

The book "The Third Policeman", taken by Desmond as he leaves the hatch, is about a man in purgatory.

Episode 4: Everybody Hates Hugo

Anna and Bernard are survivors from the trail end of the plane

There were 23 more survivors in the tail end of the plane.

Episode 6: Abandoned

Walt says backwards, "They're coming and they're close"

Episode 7: The Other 48 Days

Goodwin was killed by Ana, and confirmed by Henry Gale.
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3257/vlcsnap23539944oy.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23539944oy .png) http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5595/vlcsnap23612446oc.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23612446oc .png)

Episode 8: Collision (a.k.a. Old Habits)

Ana-Lucia was an officer with the Los Angeles Police Department - her badge number was 68631.

Anna knew Jack's father before the flight in Austria.
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6549/vlcsnap25566419vk.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25566419vk .png)

Episode 9: What Kate Did

We learn that Kate has killed in the past. Survivors who have killed before the crash include: Sawyer, Ana-Lucia, Sayid. On the island, Shannon was prepared to kill Locke for causing Boone's death, and both Charlie and Eko killed Others. Michael also killed a shark (presumably) and Sawyer killed a polar bear.

Episode 10: The 23rd Psalm

Among several other things, Mr. Eko carves the word "Revelations" on his staff.

Dukefrukem
Episode 15: Maternity Leave

The beard is fake. But why does he need a fake beard?
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9923/vlcsnap23587352ct.th.png (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23587352ct .png) http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/6035/vlcsnap23245184yo.th.png (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23245184yo .png)

Rosseau's daughter, Alex is the girl that saved Claire.
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1028/vlcsnap23840945wv.th.png (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23840945wv .png)

The man talking with Ethan was Mr. Friendly.

Episode 17: Lockdown

Henry Gale is an other.
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2650/vlcsnap23588515gv.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23588515gv .png)

Henry mentioned they only take the "good" people. The bad are not worthy enough. Goodwin was killed as a result of thinking Anna could be "Saved".

Episode 18: Dave

Hurley was in a mental hospital because of his imaginary friend, Dave.

Libby was in the same hospital as Hurley.
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/5508/vlcsnap23078472mz.th.png (http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23078472mz .png)

Episode 21: ?

The micro-computer in the Swan station is documented on print outs at the Pearl station (located by the question mark) which includes the numbers, error messages and the date. The Pearl station also has cameras which are hidden inside the Swan station.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6760/vlcsnap802080zk5.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap802080zk5. png)http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6106/vlcsnap803016jg4.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap803016jg4. png)

Anna is shot by Michael and is dead.
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8257/vlcsnap25590864kw.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25590864kw .png)

Episode 23: Live Together

Desmond was indeed involved in a “race around the world”
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/7334/vlcsnap10392547fd.th.png (http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10392547fd .png)

Libby’s real name is Elizabeth, which is also the same name as the boat she gave to Desmond. “Elizabeth Newport Beach" Rhode Island?
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/18/vlcsnap10393776ce.th.png (http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10393776ce .png) http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/6364/vlcsnap10384079wk.th.png (http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10384079wk .png)

The woman in the pic next to Desmond on the desk was Penny Widemore whom Desmond was in love with. She is the daughter of Charles Widemore. They both are extreemly wealthy.
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/861/vlcsnap10327734vi.th.png (http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10327734vi .png) http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/4306/vlcsnap10456244mj.th.png (http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10456244mj .png) http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/8241/vlcsnap10394729gi.th.png (http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10394729gi .png)

Episode 24: Die Alone

The piping system we saw at the Pearl station, emptied the notebooks in to a field. No one reads them.
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/686/vlcsnap10646442lp.th.png (http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10646442lp .png) http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/5261/vlcsnap10648395ph.th.png (http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap10648395ph .png)

Not pushing the button causes a build up of electromagnetic energy that caused Oceanic Flight 815 to crash. The error and date was recorded on the paper inside the Pearl station. The date and time are the same when Flight 815 crashed.
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2923/vlcsnap11529399ga.th.png (http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap11529399ga .png)

Kelvin finished the map on the blast wall that his partner, Razinski started.
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/9101/vlcsnap11838645gn.th.png (http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap11838645gn .png)

Desmond killed Kelvin

Kelvin faked the “sickness” so Desmond would stay inside, so Kelvin could repair the boat to escape off the island.
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/9323/vlcsnap11504410qe.th.png (http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap11504410qe .png) http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/4657/vlcsnap11508617sg.th.png (http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap11508617sg .png)

Mr. Friendly's real name is Tom.

Ms Klugh's real name is Bee. (sp?)

-------------------------------------Season 3 FACTS-------------------------------------

Episode 1: A Tale of Two Cities

The opening to the episode showed us a small village in the jungle located in the middle of the island.

Lostville

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/893/2005982177180758852rswz1.th.jp g (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20059821771807588 52rswz1.jpg)http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7964/2005995512020596475rstj4.th.jp g (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20059955120205964 75rstj4.jpg)http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7401/2005975236525629173rsqx6.th.jp g (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20059752365256291 73rsqx6.jpg)

Also the CD for "Downtown"??? It was artwork in the Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues album
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7104/talkingheadscover3ii2.th.jpg (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=talkingheadscover 3ii2.jpg)http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3256/talkingheadscover4nu4.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=talkingheadscover 4nu4.jpg)

Everyone experience an earthquake like rumble, than ran outside to see the plane break in half.

Ben immediately gave orders to Goodwind and Ethan.

Julia presented herself as Juliet.

The Dharama station they were located at is called the Hydra. It is partially underwater and above water. In the past it has housed bears(polar?), sharks and dolphins.

According to Julia, who had an extensive report on Jack’s life, she has confirmed that Jack’s father is indeed dead. She has the autopsy report.

Pick of the new Dharma symbol.. its a hyrda
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3408/hydrauf6.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hydrauf6.jpg)

confirmation of books
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/803/twocitiescap0078be7.th.jpg (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twocitiescap0078b e7.jpg)http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7721/booklostod7.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=booklostod7.jpg)h ttp://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5516/carriesignetexporv4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

We don't yet know if this is significant to the story. But we do have dialog spoken between Ben and Loche/Jack when Ben was captured. Ben said something on the lines of, "What no Stephen King books?". But we learn from S3E1 that he is not a fan of Stephen King. Is there a connection to what they are reading at the book club?

Episode 2: Glass Ballerina

Ben's last name is Linus

Episode 3: Further Instructions

Episode 4: Every Man For Himself

A Few Things To Consider:

David Fury interview Scifi.com 9/7/04
http://www.lostlinks.net/articles/in...cifi9-7-04.htm

While Lost is an amalgam of different genres, including SF, Fury explained that realism is the key in making it all work. "What we are trying to do is make sure everything has a very Scully explanation," Fury said, referring to the X-Files character. "This is not a show about the supernatural, despite the fact that we have a very huge creature that likes to eat people. Despite the surreal, bizarre aspects of the island, there will be an explanation for it. It may not come for a very long time, but certain information about the island will explain how things are possible. We'll try to root it in real science or real pseudo-science. There will be no mystical reason or an island of monsters. The island has been around for millennia, and many people have found themselves on it, and as far as we know, nobody has ever gotten off. There is also the possibility of others being on the island, they just haven't seen them yet. And we'll never know how big this island is. It could be enormous, but odd things will keep them from knowing the full length and breadth of it.
It's an interesting little allegory. It will be very mysterious.

Realism is key
NOT a supernatural show
Explanations for everything - but we have to wait
Efforts to root it in real science or real pseudo-science
NO mystical reason

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Questions:

-------------------------------------Season 1 Questions-------------------------------------

Episode 1: Pilot part 1

1. Where are the rest of the tail end of the survivors? We have met 5 of the tail end of the survivors and we know "the others" took 3 of them on the first night stranded, and 2 weeks later they took 9 more...

2. Where is the island? See #2 in Theory section

2.1 Why was the plane so far off course?

Episode 2: Pilot part 2

3. Why is there a polar bear on a tropical island
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/2976/vlcsnap26041541am.th.png (http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26041541am .png)
The theory is this has something to do with Walt's Powers. He was reading a book on birds, got mad when its parents didn’t pay attention to him, and the same bird he was looking at flew into the window; on the island, he was reading a comic book about a polar bear, and two polar bears appeared on the island...

There is a zoology compound on the island where the others or DHARAMA imitative scientists were conducting experiments on Polar Bears, Dolphins and Sharks. This is the symbol of the compound.
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3408/hydrauf6.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hydrauf6.jpg)

3.1 Who killed this man?
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/7564/vlcsnap26032341jg.th.png (http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26032341jg .png)

4. How accurate was Shannon's translation of the distress call? Are her commissions significant?

Episode 4: Walkabout

5. Locke, who should be disabled, can walk after the Crash. why?
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6234/vlcsnap25785335oy.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25785335oy .png) http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3163/vlcsnap25780730kf.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25780730kf .png) http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6174/vlcsnap25791351fr.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25791351fr .png)

5.1 What caused Locke to be disabled in the first place?

Episode 5: White Rabbit

6. Where did the body of Jack's dad go?He's still alive? Even though Julia reported him dead and she seemed to know everything else about Jack and his life. Why would she be mistaken about Jack's father?.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5655/vlcsnap26012472fn.th.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26012472fn .png)

Episode 6: House of the Rising Sun

7. Who's were the old bodies found by Jack in the caves? Why were they carrying black & white pebbles?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8069/vlcsnap23773107wj.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23773107wj .png) http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2439/vlcsnap23777696fz.th.png (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23777696fz .png)

Episode 9: Solitary

8. Where does the cable on the beach go? Where does it come from?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9861/vlcsnap23348860eb.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23348860eb .png)
It could be powering the underwater facility known as Hydra from what we know in S3E1.

9. Who or what killed Danielle's team? Are they really dead or is she lying? If they aren't dead then where are they?
Danielle killed her team.

Episode 10: Raised by Another

10. Did Danielle abduct Claire? No, Ethan Rom did.

11. Who was Ethan Rom?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4135/vlcsnap23135093rk.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23135093rk .png)

12. Has everyone been brought to the island as Locke suggested? Why?

Episode 11: All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues

13. What is the hatch? The Hatch is part of a mysterious experiment called "Dharma" involving zoological, as well as psychological testing. It is Site 3 or "The Swan”
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6982/vlcsnap23141023kr.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23141023kr .png) http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9038/vlcsnap25469725ia.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25469725ia .png)

Episode 14: Special

14. How did Claire escape from 'the others'? Was she released? She was saved by Danielle and Alex

14.1 Why doesn't Claire or Charlie remember what happened to them? Claire remembers what happens in episode 15 of season 2. The reason she had forgot is because she was drugged.

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Episode 19: Deus Ex Machina

15. How did the crashed Nigerian jet with Holy Marys full of heroin fly to the island? We have come to learn that the downed jet with heroin is directly related to Eko. Eko was seen as a powerful war lord in Nigeria, part of what he deal with was the export of drugs. Eko had a plan to smuggle the drugs out of his brother’s church plane where his buddies were dressed as priest. Eko’s brothers body was found on the plane. What we don't know is how the plane made it to the island.

16. Who was Boone talking to on the radio? sounded like a distress call from more survivors? Bernard with the tail end of the survivors
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2366/vlcsnap23559975ed.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23559975ed .png)

Episode 23: Exodus (1)

17. What was the signal for? To distract everyone while Danielle takes Claire's baby.
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9731/vlcsnap23164275mz.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23164275mz .png)

18. How did a 18th century ship get so far inland?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6997/vlcsnap23177164qp.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23177164qp .png)

18.1 What happened to the crew of the Black Rock? Are there any descendants of the survivors?

18.2 How did 'the dark territory' get it's name?

19. Who are 'the others'?A group of scientists who work for the DHARMA initiative.

Episode 24: Exodus (2)

20. We saw the smoke that grabbed Loch... that was "the monster" so wtf is it? Although we don't yet know what it is, we know Danielle described it as a "security system" for the island. We also know it has taken multiple people on the island and have seen it stare down Eko.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9881/monster96oc.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster96oc.jpg)h ttp://img73.imageshack.us/img73/74/monster17au.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster17au.jpg)
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3463/monster80nt.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster80nt.jpg)h ttp://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8872/monster20sx.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster20sx.jpg)
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9674/monster37cv.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster37cv.jpg)h ttp://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4606/monster59uc.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster59uc.jpg)
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1379/monster79xx.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster79xx.jpg)h ttp://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1166/monster60fa.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monster60fa.jpg)
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2476/ekovsmonsterbrothershot25hf.th .jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ekovsmonsterbroth ershot25hf.jpg)http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7420/ekovsmonsterpartner0fc.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ekovsmonsterpartn er0fc.jpg)
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/989/ekovsmonsterwoman29dm.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ekovsmonsterwoman 29dm.jpg)http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/5128/ekovsmonsteryoungeko9dj.th.jpg (http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ekovsmonsteryoung eko9dj.jpg)

Locke has seen it twice, and the 2nd time it tried to grab him but was scared away with a stick of dynamite. We also know flashes of Eko’s past flickered inside the smoke. This could be some inclination that the smoke may have something to do with the others, only taking “innocent” people. But why wouldn’t it take Locke the first time?

20.1 Why did the chain pulling him seem to be made of smoke? Why did it sound mechanical?

20.2 What is the defense system? Does the defense system discriminate between its victims or does it pick at random? Did it for example kill the pilot for a reason? Why didn't it kill Locke? Why didn't it kill Ecko?

21. Why did they take the Walt? the theory is they took Walt because of his uniqu gift...

21.1 Who was on the raft that took Walt? An other, Tom, and two other people. A man and a woman.

-------------------------------------Season 2 Questions-------------------------------------

Episode 2: Adrift

Why is there a man [Desmond] in the hatch? Desmond claims he has been in the hatch to reset the coundown every 108 minutes.

What was that count down on the computer? The count down discharges the electromagnetic buildup (which we do not know it's purpose).

Why did Desmond assume everyone was "sick"? Kelvin had told Desmond there was a sickness on the island, but later found out he was just telling him that to keep him inside the hatch. Demsond still believes there is some kind of sickness.

Why did Desmond call Locke "are you him" and feel like he was overdue for his replacement? Desmond has been waiting for someone to replace him for over 3 years.

Why did it say “quarantined” on the inside of the hatch?"
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6744/vlcsnap26175457ke.th.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26175457ke .png)
To possibly prolong the rumor the island contains a sickness to keep people inside the hatch.

Why are there weapons inside the hatch?
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9568/vlcsnap26146179ne.th.png (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26146179ne .png)

Why was all the furniture from the 70s/80s but he had BRAND SPANKEN NEW washer and dryer set...?
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6158/vlcsnap26137033rn.th.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26137033rn .png) http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8269/vlcsnap26141300bp.th.png (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26141300bp .png) http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4771/vlcsnap26137763ao.th.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26137763ao .png) http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3821/vlcsnap26138675pf.th.png (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26138675pf .png)

What was Desmond injecting? Why did he take the vials when he left the bunker? Why did the vials have the numbers printed on them?

Why was there a Dharma logo on the shark's body?
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6343/vlcsnap25492979ox.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25492979ox .png) http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5935/vlcsnap25498875yk.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25498875yk .png)
The Sharks were held in an underwater aquarium in the station called the Hydra. It is possible the writers did not finalize the Dharama symbol for the shark which is why it does not match any current Dharama symbols. It is also possible it is a different symbol entirely.

Episode 3: Orientation

Is there a significance of the numbers on food pantry: DI9FFTR731
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2944/vlcsnap23235214zw.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23235214zw .png)

Who was Kelvin? Assuming Kelvin couldn’t leave the bunker, how did he know Desmond had arrived on the island?
Kelvin Edmond, was inside the hatch prior to Desmond. He saved Desmond when he crashed his boat on the island.

What would happen if the numbers weren't entered into the computer? What did Kelvin mean when he said they had to be entered to 'save the world'? Why mustn't the computer be used for anything else? If the numbers are not entered in the computer every 108 minutes, a large electromagnetic pull is generated from inside the hatch. This is the cause of Flight 815 to crash. We do not know what would happen if the pull were to remain on.

What is 'the sickness'? What causes it? The sickness is a rumor.

Who was 'Alvar Hanso', the G-Man behind Dharma?

What was Dharma doing on the island before the 'incident'? What happened? Does Dharma still exist? Was the island abandoned?The Dharma foundation conducts a series of experiments and we know from S3E2 that Ben has been living on the island "all his life".

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Episode 4: Everybody Hates Hugo

What is the significance of the magnetic pull inside the hatch? What's causing the electro-magnetic field?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8687/vlcsnap23640149fg.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23640149fg .png)

What is behind the concrete wall in the hatch?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7918/vlcsnap23642344bn.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23642344bn .png) http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7686/vlcsnap23645850oe.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23645850oe .png)
Some kind of energy source?

Where is the island drawing its power from?
The energy source behind the wall.

40. What number hatch are Ana-Lucia and Bernard in?
The arrow. It is abandoned.

Episode 6: Abandoned

41. How did Sayid and Shan both see Walt? Why does Walt appear? Where does he come from/go? (and why was he wet when he appeared to Shannon?) What and why was he whispering?
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6795/vlcsnap26250912qi.th.png (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26250912qi .png) http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7448/vlcsnap26250665uu.th.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26250665uu .png)
May have something to do with "remote viewing" mentioned on the Official Dharma site.

42. Where is Cindy? Taken by the Others
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7749/vlcsnap26196880wb.th.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26196880wb .png)

43. What is the whispering in the jungle?
Part of the remote viewing experiments?

44. Ana killed Shannon? It would assume so, however...
UPDATED: Yes Shannon Was Killed by a gunshot;

and a recent TV guide interview confirmed:

Can you confirm that Shannon was, in fact, shot? Fans have been speculating that she looked like she had a stab wound.
Carlton: She was shot.
Damon: People are getting a little too… They're reaching a little too much?
http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/

45. What is causing the dreams and hallucinations? Is it the sickness?
We've seen many people have many strange visions that directly affect events on the island. See Vision and Dreams section below..

Episode 7: The Other 48 Days

46. Is the little girl taken from the beach in the first night now one of the 'others'? Her teddy bear was held by the band of 'others' that passed Jin & Eko
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/427/vlcsnap25868652gw.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25868652gw .png) http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6113/vlcsnap25866361uk.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25866361uk .png)

46.1 Who has the teddy bear? belongs to the small girl in the tail section, was taken by the other on the first night on the island
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/820/vlcsnap25831164ic.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25831164ic .png)

46.2 Desmond grabs 3 things before leaving the bunker: 4 tin cans of food, bottles of medicine (with the cursed numbers on them) and a stuffed bunny rabbit (sitting next to a bible with an inverted cross and the book "The Third Policeman".

47. Where is the 20 yr old Army Knife from?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2132/vlcsnap23657748ir.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23657748ir .png)

48. What is the significance of Ecko's staff?
Mr. Ecko was a reborn priest in NIgeria after being a drug lord for years.

49. What did Goodwin mean when he said the 'others' only took the 'good people'? Henry Gale confirmed that the others only take the "good" people and the ones that are not taken, are not worthy to be "saved". Why are the children not a threat? Why are they 'better off' since being taken? If they weren't a threat then why were they taken?

50. How did Goodwin turn up at the tail crash site so quickly? Did the 'others' know the plane was going to crash?
Yes, we know from S3E1 the others are living in their own small town established on the island. Ben ordered Goodwin and Ethan to act as survivors from the front and rear sections of the plane. It is how the others knew everyone's name, and how many of them there was. Ben tells Goodwin if you leave now you can get [to the crash site] in an hour.

51. How many installations are there on the island? What was the second installation (Arrow?) used for? Why did the tail survivors find a glass eye and a bible in the 'arrow' station?

Episode 10: 23rd Psalm

52. What is the significance of flashes of Eko's past inside the smoke/security system?

53. How did the plane make it from Nigeria to the island?

Episode 14: One of Them

54. What do the red pictures mean when the counter hits 0?
The pictures are a warning the electromagnetic build up is close to failing.

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/7711/symbols5zo1mn.th.jpg (http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=symbols5zo1mn.jpg )

55. Is Henry Gale telling the truth? Did he really crash land on the island? No, he was lying. Henry is one of the others sent to take Loche.

56. What was the talk to Charlie about at the end of "One of Them"?

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Episode 15: Maternity Leave

57. What is Claire being injected with and drinking?
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/268/vlcsnap23690154lu.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23690154lu .png) http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2265/vlcsnap23692162zc.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23692162zc .png)

58.1 A new symbol is introduced here: the symbol on the canteen (referred to as the "waterbottle" by some) has a slight resemblance to the symbol on the shark, but only when viewed from a distance:

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5646/dhar7yp0fl.th.jpg (http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dhar7yp0fl.jpg) http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/8942/lostadriftsharkfin5fn.th.jpg (http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lostadriftsharkfi n5fn.jpg)
http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/5807/symbolscompared5lb1vs.th.jpg (http://img422.imageshack.us/my.php?image=symbolscompared5l b1vs.jpg) http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/3038/newsymboldebunked9hk5io.th.jpg (http://img458.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newsymboldebunked 9hk5io.jpg)

59. Who was Mr. Friendly refering to when we was talking to Ethan?
Ben Linus most likely. The "leader" of the others.

60. Why did they adondon the hatch?

60.5 Who is Henry Gale?
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2392/300pxhenrygalelost1ot.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=300pxhenrygalelos t1ot.jpg)
Knows of Mr. Friendly, but states: "Him? He's no one! Nothing!" assumedly in comparison to "Him", the true leader of "The Others."

Henry Gale's real name is Ben Linus. The "leader" of the others.

Knows who Walt is and says that 'they' would never trade Walt for him.

Claims he was sent by the Others to find and bring back Locke.

Believes that he will be killed by the mysterious Him, for failing this mission.

Tried to strangle Ana Lucia, but was stopped by Locke.

Whispers "we're scientists" twice while Ana-Lucia is speaking to him about how killers love to talk.
Told her that Goodwin thought there was hope for her which may have been what kept her from killing him.

Claims to be rich as a result of selling a non-metallic mining company

After the $20 dollar note

Jennifer,
Well you were
right. Crossing
the Pacific
isn't easy.
I owe you a
beer. I'm
hiking to one of
the beaches to start a
signal fire, but
if you're reading this,
I guess I didn't make it.
I'm sorry,
I love you Jenny,
always have,
always will.
Yours,
Henry

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/452/800pxdsc00038rg.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=800pxdsc00038rg.j pg)http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4355/dsc00029jf.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00029jf.jpg)
Claims he didn't kill real Henry Gale.
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6355/henrygalemnlicense5cu.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=henrygalemnlicens e5cu.jpg)

HENRY GALE
815 WALNUT RIDGE ROAD
WAYZATA, MN 55391
Licence # M152-996-431-000

Neither confirms nor denies that he interrogated Henry Gale.
Seems afraid to tell Sayid about "them" (assumedly the Others).
Claims "You have no idea what He'll do!" -- The False Henry Gale, in Dave.
Exclaims "I am not a bad person!"
While talking to Locke: "God doesn't know how long we've been here. He can't see this island any better than the rest of the world can."

The real Henry Gale arrived on the Island in a balloon.
The real Henry's corpse is found in a grave near the balloon by Sayid, where fake Henry claims his wife is buried.
He has a Minnesota driver's license, and a $20 bill with a note to his wife on it in his wallet.
The balloon was sponsored or manufactured by Widmore Construction which was first introduced in Episode Fire + Water.
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5804/lostbattersea0jm4vh.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lostbattersea0jm4 vh.jpg)http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5778/widmoreconstruction4mg.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=widmoreconstructi on4mg.jpg)

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Episode 17: Lockdown

61. Who drew the map on the side of the blastdoor? What does everything mean?

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/9076/lockdowncaps5305ip7cu.th.jpg (http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lockdowncaps5305i p7cu.jpg) http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/1718/cleanwall7074848be1qf.th.jpg (http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cleanwall7074848b e1qf.jpg)

Kelvin drew the map. It is obviously 6 stations surrounding a ?. We learned in episode ?, the ? represents the monitoring station, aka the Pearl. We can see by the map: Dhrarma Medical Station aka the Staff (where Claire was taken), The Arrow (where the tail end of the survivors were living) The Swan, where everyone is currently staying now, The Flame and two other unknown stations. The red markings touching each station may represent a tunnel system we do not yet know about.

More facts by this map:

The Swan:

1. Multiple Escape conduits blocked after incident; this may be the reason why the hallway in the hatch is cemented
2. P.R.D every 6-8 months: Parachute Resupply Drop ?
3. Home of H.G. Delegation Inspection 12.07.81; unknown
4. Station wide Failure of Dhramatel Intranet 4.08.00, 8.15.01, 01.06.03; these dates coincide with how long Desmond and Kelvin have lived inside the hatch
5. Complete Shutdown in effect; unknown
6. Fatalities: 5; due to the incident?
7. No connection to Island-wide E.E.P. Network; unkown
8. Possible CVII Inactive since Accident; unkown
9. Low Priority Zone for exploration, possible site for above ground study of low relevance to Volencetti research related activity ; unkown
10. Possible recreation area for D.I.H.G. teams; Dhrama Initiative H____ G____
11. The wrath of Gods may be great, but certainly is slow; translated from Latin

The Flame

1. √16 √64 √255 ; The first two of the numbers and 15.96?

[B]Episode 21: ?

62. Why did Michael shoot Anna, Libby and free Henry? It is possible Michael is being controlled or brainwashed by the others. He may have shot Libby by accident. He shot himself to make it seem like Henry did the shooting. Compare the SS of Michael after he shot Ana, and Libby. He seems upset only with Libby.
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6384/vlcsnap25590328zg.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25590328zg .png) http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4056/vlcsnap25593092mp.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25593092mp .png) http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6797/vlcsnap25593722ia.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25593722ia .png) http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/695/vlcsnap25597587uq.th.png (http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap25597587uq .png)
We learned from Episode 22, that Michael was told By the others that they will release Walt if he released Henry Gale, and brings back Sawyer, Kate, Hurley and Jack. But ONLY those four and no one else. He shot Ana and Libby to cover up releasing Henry Gale.

Episode 22: Three Minutes

63. Why did the others draw blood from Michael? Are they trying to validate that Michael is indeed Walt's biological father?
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/2672/vlcsnap626117rw.th.png (http://img434.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap626117rw.p ng)

64. Why did the others ask Michael if Walt has ever been somewhere he wasn't supposed to be?

65. Why do the others want, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley and Jack?
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9243/vlcsnap675702pd.th.png (http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap675702pd.p ng)

66. Where did the boat come from?
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8973/vlcsnap640426va.th.png (http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap640426va.p ng)
The boat was Desmond’s, given to him by Libby aka Elizabeth at a coffee shop. The boat’s name is also Elizabeth.

67. What did Ms. Klugh mean by: "Do you want to go back to the room?" when Walt was misbehaving?
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/606/vlcsnap630850yi.th.png (http://img434.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap630850yi.p ng)

Episode 23: Live Together

Why was Desmond in prison?
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2098/vlcsnap1032469rg2.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1032469rg2 .png)

Libby said her husband’s name was Dave. The only other time a name Dave was mentioned in lost was Hurley’s imaginary friend. The same Dave?

What is the signigicance with the giant bird?
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2614/vlcsnap1042567kg3.th.png (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1042567kg3 .png)

What is the foot statue from? Why did it have 4 toes?
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4233/vlcsnap1047805xt7.th.png (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1047805xt7 .png)

Episode 24: Die Alone

What was the white light in the sky after the countdown reached 0?
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2710/vlcsnap78248rm5.th.png (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap78248rm5.p ng)http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3059/vlcsnap1158175nb0.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1158175nb0 .png)

Why is the monitoring system/hatch fake, but the Swan site still has a purpose.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1783/vlcsnap1064644bw3.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1064644bw3 .png)

What is the point of faking the others camp site? Fake hatch? Was the original kidnapping of Michael planned? Did they know he was coming to search for his son? When Michael was captured, Mr. Friendly said, “bag him quick, his friends are right behind us,” as if they knew they were there the entire time. http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6351/vlcsnap1064240mb0.th.png (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1064240mb0 .png)http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7374/vlcsnap1064301ug1.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1064301ug1 .png)

Is Henry Gale the leader of the others? He asked why Mr. Friendly wasn’t wearing his beard and it seemed like they were waiting for him to arrive (to approve the trade, or waiting for the boat?) He said he wasn’t happy with the deal they made.

Why did Henry Gale say, “you’ll never find this place”?

What does the key actually do?
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2589/vlcsnap1158877zw4.th.png (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1158877zw4 .png)http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3373/vlcsnap1158901lb1.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1158901lb1 .png)http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2625/vlcsnap1158078oi3.th.png (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1158078oi3 .png)

Widemore early in the episode said, “I have a lot of money Desmond, with enough money and determination you can find anyone.” What was the Alaskan compound for? Specifically looking for Desmond? Why were they searching for an “magnetic shift”

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6290/vlcsnap1163389eh6.th.png (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1163389eh6 .png)http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7966/vlcsnap76707hl0.th.png (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap76707hl0.p ng) http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7260/vlcsnap77244tt3.th.png (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap77244tt3.p ng)http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7027/vlcsnap77322zh9.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap77322zh9.p ng)http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8398/vlcsnap77130ni0.th.png (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap77130ni0.p ng)

-------------------------------------Season 3 Questions-------------------------------------

Episode 1: A Tale of Two Cities

80 Why are the next 2 weeks going to be very unpleasant according to Ben?

81. Did Jack, Sawyer and Kate have blood taken? Were the bandages from the drugs they were given?

82 Was Jack really hallucinating when he heard his father over the intercom? Julia hinted the drugs had serious side effects.

83. Who is Karl? And where did Tom take him?

Episode 2: Glass Ballerina

84. What are Sawyer and Kate building?

Episode 3: Further Instructions

85. Can Desmond see the future?

Episode 4: Every Man For Himself

86. Why was the 2nd island unable to be seen previously?

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Personal Character Questions

All

* Why do all the characters seemed to have run into each other before the flight? For example Hurley owns the box company that Locke works for, Hurley was on the TV in Jin's episode, Sawyer was in the same police station as Boone, Sawyer met Jack's dad in a bar, Jack was at the same hospital as Shannon and so on...

Walt

* What's up with Walt? Why is he 'different'? Does he have special powers?

* If there is a 'disease' is it possible Walt had it before arriving on the island? How come he looks at a picture of a bird and one turns up dead and then he reads a comic with polar bears and they turn up; talks about Sharks, one turns up, talks about the rain stopping, rain stops.

Cindy

* Why did the 'others' take Cindy? Was she taken at all or was she one of the 'others'?

Jin

* Why were the watches that Jin had to take to California so important? How did Mr. Paik know Jin & Sun were planning to run away?

Jack

* Why did Jack's dad go to Australia? To bring back his fathers body. Is there anything significant about Jack's tattoos? What happened to Jack and Sarah's relationship? They got a divorce which ultimately ended up causing his father to drink again because he was upset Jack thought he was having an affair with his wife.

Kate

* What has Kate done that is so bad? She is responsible for the death of her step father and another man she got into an accident with.?

Eko

* Why wouldn't Eko speak until Ana-Lucia had cried? What was he carving on his club? Psalms.

Hurley

* Who was the guy Hurley went to see in the hospital? Lenny. What's he got to do with the numbers? Lenny told Hurley the numbers but we still don’t know where they came from. Someone in Australia.

Claire

* Why did the palm reader react so strongly when Claire went to see him? Why did he carry on changing his mind and then insist she went to the US?

Rose/Bernard

* Why was Rose so confident that her husband was still alive?

·

Desmond

* How did Alex die?

The Others REAL names/ FAKE names

Tom / Mr. Friendly or Zeek
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2862/vlcsnap1153296tp0.th.png (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1153296tp0 .png)http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7023/vlcsnap1153663oq4.th.png (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1153663oq4 .png)

Bee / Ms Klugh
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/606/vlcsnap630850yi.th.png (http://img434.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap630850yi.p ng)

Julia / Juliet

Ben / Henry Gale
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8983/vlcsnap2358351qw4.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap2358351qw4 .png)http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4798/vlcsnap76128uc4.th.png (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap76128uc4.p ng)

Ethan Rom
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4135/vlcsnap23135093rk.th.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23135093rk .png)

Goodwin
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7057/vlcsnap2353994kk5.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap2353994kk5 .png)

Alex
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7083/vlcsnap2384094jf5.th.png (http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap2384094jf5 .png)

Broken Nose / Danny

Colleen (Danny's Wife)

Adam (bald guy in book club who argues with Juliet)

Ryan (Radios in about Sayid finding fake village)

Jason (guy who stabs Sawyer with needle)

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:18 PM
reservred 8

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Theories:

1. The man who gave Hurley the numbers was Desmond

2. The numbers are the Coordinates of the island (lat/long)

If the numbers are arranged 4.815 latitude - 162.342 longitude, then the coordinates end somewhere in Nigeria.

http://static.flickr.com/24/47743274_9f47113551.jpg

However, if you split the numbers in the middle, 4.8151 latitude - 6.2342 longitude, then you end up with a location in the Pacific.

3. Desmond asks "are you him?" referring to Hurley
Corollary: Desmond asks the snowman joke which Hurley said in season 1.

4. They are all dead.
Corollary: They are in Purgatory.

Status: Theory discredited many times over by show's creative team
Thankfully (J.J.) Abrams dismissed the popularly held theory that the castaways are stranded in Purgatory, though he claimed to like the idea. – Article on zap2it.com about the Paley TV Fest on 3/14/05
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94107|1|,00.html* (This link doesn't* work for some reason, for transcript link here http://www.lostlinks.net/articles/in...2it3-14-05.htm)

5. They are in a "time warp"
Corollaries: many variations including the island is from the distant future or distant past, the flashbacks show future events, etc.

Status: The creative team has confirmed that the episodes on the island happen in real time from the point of the crash. That does not pinpoint when the plane crashed, nor does it say anything about what the islanders dream or see in flashbacks. But the characters do not "time travel" per se.

"We're still trying to be ... firmly ensconced in the world of science fact, I don't think we've shown anything on the show yet ... that has no rational explanation in the real world that we all function within. We certainly hint at psychic phenomena, happenstance and ... things being in a place where they probably shouldn't be. But nothing is flat-out impossible. There are no spaceships. There isn't any time travel."
- Damon Lindelof* Sci Fi Wire interview Jan 05* http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30246

6. Spaceships or space aliens influence the show

Status: No spaceships or space aliens are involved as per the creative team.

"We're still trying to be ... firmly ensconced in the world of science fact, I don't think we've shown anything on the show yet ... that has no rational explanation in the real world that we all function within. We certainly hint at psychic phenomena, happenstance and ... things being in a place where they probably shouldn't be. But nothing is flat-out impossible. There are no spaceships. There isn't any time travel."
- Damon Lindelof* Sci Fi Wire interview Jan 05* http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30246

7. The show is someone's dreams or imaginings

DAMON: Here's something that it is NOT...
DAMON: This is not a fictional reality that is playing out in someone's brain.
-Damon Lindelof, Lost-TV Chat IM* *March 2005 http://p073.ezboard.com/flosttheunof...cID=2211.topic

A: Are they marooned on the Island of Dr. Moreau?
Fury: Well, no. That's a make-believe story. This is reality.
-Dave Fury interview on Whedonesque.com 8/17/04
http://www.davidfury.net/qanda2004.html

8. The island is not an island
Corollary: The island is moving, floating, sinking, flying, etc.

Status: Maybe. We may never know the true geography of the island. The conventional wisdom on the issue of the "moving" island is that the cost and complexity far exceed anything imaginable, and that there is no apparent benefit to justify such cost.

9. The plane crash didn't happen
Corollary: The crash was faked or it happened differently.

10. The survivors are being manipulated as part of a Grand Experiment or con

11. The Numbers are (fill in here)

The numbers are values and core factors and are used in a mathematically equation . An equation that is currently unbalanced. The object of DHARMA is to change the core factors to balance out the equation and you will change the course of destiny, and “save the world” from war, overpopulation, poverty and illness.

12. The creators have no idea where this show is going

13. The "Reverse Big Dipper" Theory

screenshots taken from episode "Special"

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2696/loststars7ib.th.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loststars7ib.jpg)

possible connection between "The Numbers" and the Connect Four game that Lenny was playing at the hospital. In particular, the 6 x 7 grid yields the number 42.

This opens up many new questions: its a mirrored big dipper. Which either means: 1) they are on a planet lightyears from us and looking at the big dipper from the other side. 2) The are some kind of huge lenses/mirrors above in the sky. 3) Its a goof. But if the numbers are to represent stars its hard to believe they would make that mistake.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1260/normalnumbers3197hb.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=normalnumbers3197 hb.jpg) http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1162/normalnumbers3291bq.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=normalnumbers3291 bq.jpg)

14. The Whispers In the Jungle are part of the remote viewing experiment.

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
15. Dharma is an acronym.

Department
Heuristics
And
Research
Material
Applications

The greatest minds in the world with unlimited funs have been put on the island. Why all secrecy and security? The research is intended to “save the world”. From war, overpopulation, poverty and illness by manipulating the environment and find scientific solutions. The numbers are values and core factors and are used in a mathematically equation . An equation that is currently unbalanced. The object of DHARMA is to change the core factors to balance out the equation and you will change the course of destiny, and “save the world” from war, overpopulation, poverty and illness.

At some point, The Degroots, financially backed by Alvar Hanso set out to find/study a lost island. An island of legend with strange properties. The lost island of Atlantis perhaps?
Once found, six research stations were put there by the Scientists of DHARMA. Each station is there to collect information on different aspects of the island and how real world things react to it. At some point, One or more of the stations went offline, creating a disaster. The scientists of those stations were exposed to the properties of the island for too long. Over exposure creates almost supernatural ability in humans as it enhances ones natural ability. On the downside, paranoia and mental instability are the side effects. To combat these effects, the six research stations are lined in a material that protects it's occupants. To insure that the occupants are not overexposured, a special innoculation along with a computer are placed in each station. The computer must be reset every 108 minutes. If the computer is not reset, the station will assume that the occupants have been exposed, are dead or compromised and seal itself off with blast doors. The station the tail survivors found had been sealed. No, the 108 min countdown is to prevent electromagnetic build up.

Each of the survivors are experiencing things associated with their gifts. For example we know that Jack is a "fix it" type person. Being able to cure people. That is why Locke can walk. When Locke ventured too far from Jack he lost the ability.

Michael was given the coordinates of the others by Walt via projecting thought. He saw nothing on the computer screen. Just imagined he did. Walts ability to manifest things and thoughts have been enhanced by the island. There have been no polar bears since he has left.

A few points from episode Hunting Partty we learned:

1. Geronimo Jackson is a fictitious band, and only exists in Lost. The other bands Hurley and Charlie found are real.
The album they played was called "Amnesia" by the Pousette-Dart Band from 1977. The song name was "Fall on Me"
2. The date on the xray of Gabriellas father was November 16 of 2005 (date on Xray is a show glitch, writer confirmed)
3. Sarah left Jack for another man. For that man to be Desmond does not meet the timeline criteria and there is a picture of Desmonds girlfriend in the hatch. Jack would have noticed it. So speculation seems to point to Sawyer.
4. Mr. Friendly stated a few very useful facts to us about what he and the others know:
He called for Alex to bring out Kate. Danielles Alex?
Mr. Friendly was wielding an old WW2 Luger http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4995/vlcsnap26288406jz.th.png (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26288406jz .png)
Mr. Friendly quoted Alvar Hanso "From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity"
Mr. Friendly stated "Open doors that don't belong to you" "Put your feet on another man's coffee table" and he looked right at Locke. He knows they are in the Hatch.
The Degroots, the original founders of the project, are the leader of "The others"

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4077/degroots1mw5kp.th.jpg (http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=degroots1mw5kp.jp g)

No, Mr. Friendly's real name is Tom. The Degroot man's name is Gerald.

16. The SMOKE = the Others

http://lostresearch.com/s2e11/Losts2e11%20-%20black%20smoke.wmv

17. The surgon on the left is Henry Gale

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4514/vlcsnap23839820on.th.png (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23839820on .png)

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1962/vlcsnap23858282xo.th.png (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap23858282xo .png)

18. Collective subconscious and other Mind Creation Theories

DAMON: Here's something that it is NOT...
DAMON: This is not a fictional reality that is playing out in someone's brain.
-Damon Lindelof, Lost-TV Chat IM* *March 2005 http://p073.ezboard.com/flosttheunof...cID=2211.topic

A: Are they marooned on the Island of Dr. Moreau?
Fury: Well, no. That's a make-believe story. This is reality.
-Dave Fury interview on Whedonesque.com 8/17/04
http://www.davidfury.net/qanda2004.html

19. Walt's Powers

In S1E14 Brain Porter said that Susan died by a blood disorder and was sick for only a week. He then spoke about Walt saying: “There’s something about him. Sometimes when he’s around, things happen. He’s different somehow.”

Later in the episode, Walt was angry at Michael for burning the comic book Hurley gave him, which featured a polar bear. A few minutes later, a polar bear is attacking Walt.
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/1397/vlcsnap889096df.th.png (http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap889096df.p ng) http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/580/vlcsnap917073vg.th.png (http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap917073vg.p ng)

When Susan started feeling unwell, Walt was trying to tell Brain and Susan about the birds he was reading about. When they did not listen, it angered Walt and he exclaimed: “You’re not looking!” A second later, the same bird Walt was reading about, flew into the window and died. Is there some connection between Walt and animals?
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/2861/vlcsnap26082711ot.th.png (http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26082711ot .png) http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/9492/vlcsnap26085705ni.th.png (http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26085705ni .png) http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/6176/vlcsnap26084111ro.th.png (http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap26084111ro .png)

In S1E22, Locke was comforting Walt after Michael was poisoned and touches Walt on the arm. Walt slowly looks down at his arm, and interrupts Locke: “Don’t open it…Don’t open it Mr. Locke don’t open that thing! Just don’t open it!” …as if Walt somehow read Locke’s mind about the hatch (which only a few people knew about at this time). This would also coincide with the short appearances of Walt over season two when he says: “don’t push the button, the button is bad.” By why is it bad? And does Walt have some kind of psychic powers?
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8739/vlcsnap1075677we.th.png (http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1075677we. png) http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/7236/vlcsnap1076766ha.th.png (http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1076766ha. png) http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/9093/vlcsnap1079214ms.th.png (http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1079214ms. png)

Later in the episode Walt confesses to Michael that he burned the raft. To this Michael responds, “hey its okay, we don’t have to go”…Walt quickly replies.. “yes we do!” this foreshadows bad things to come on the island. But if Walt can see the future or is psychic, why didn’t he see himself getting taken on the raft?
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8300/vlcsnap1069596zz.th.png (http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap1069596zz. png)

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
20. Grand Theory

The last two episodes had a lot to do with snow. the snowglobe, the snowman joke. The show has reasons to indicate they are indeed in some cold region. Desmond sailed off for two weeks and ended up back into the island. They may be in some kind of snowglobe that creates a false tropical environment. The purpose of the electromagnetism, to fend off the magnetic poles in artic regions that attributes to an arctic climate. on 9-22-04, when desmond caused the crash, a "hole" in the snow globe allowing the outside world to get in. This maybe also related to the polar bears and Walt’s powers. Just like when Walt “caused” the bird to fly into the window, he caused polar bears to be attracted to the island (polar bears can swim, and we don’t know how big the field is around the island)

The "others" are fully aware of this and they are indeed scientists and are very keen to the secrets of Dharma which may be a government funded project. But why would tribal people who dry fish need blood samples of an "outsider" (as when they captured michael). On hansocareers.com, an administrative assistant opening is shown where the requirement is PhD in high-end scientific field OR a 5 year experience think-tank/govt sponsored research, thus proving the "globe" theory. When the plane crashed, it probably crashed in a region similar to where desmond was last known to be sailing, and all of a sudden "disappeared".. peggy, having the resources, funded her own tracking team exactly where the plane crashed and desmond sailed into. Kelvin DID reveal the truth. The truth comes out when you're drunk. The code is indeed a release of current, sort of a grounding-effect to that high magnetic field. When it expires, it causes the tropical dome to open a hole, thus allowing the outside world in. Maybe Kelvin tired of "saving the world", let it expire and that's how desmond was able to get inside with his sailboat OR the compass, bearing 325 degrees is the only way in and out of the island…maybe after following 325, Michael will end up on the artic side of the bubble, where more scientists are waiting for him…and would save him.

Dreams and Visions

Jack

1. Sees multiple instances of his father on the island

Corollary:

Kate

1. See visions of a black horse

Corollary:

Charlie

Dream 1: 2X12: Fire + Water We see a pair of slippered feet whisk a young Charlie down a flight of stairs. It's Christmas morning and his brother Liam is already hard at work ripping open his presents. But while Liam continues to unwrap gift after gift, Charlie finds nothing at all for him. That is until his mother leads him over to a brand new piano. Charlie is thrilled, but before he can even begin to enjoy the gift, he turns into present day Charlie and his father his next to him slicing meat at what looks like a butchers shop.

Dream 2: 2X12: Fire + Water Charlie plays his guitar by the sea, he hears the faint cries of a baby and follows the sound to the sea, where he sees Aaron's cradle being tossed between the waves. Somehow he manages to swim out and bring little Aaron back to shore. Back on shore, he sees Claire and his mother, sitting on the beach praying with halo’s over their heads, chanting “only Charlie can save the baby “. In the background, a small plane crashes in the jungle and the blast explosion turns into a dove. Just after the dove appears, a black "shadow" dove splits off from it and flies into the jungle.

Corollary: The shadow was the bird splitting into two - one black, one white. Could this be a reference to the black & white stones that Jack found with the corpses at the caves in season 1, plus the numerous other black/white references in the show (Lock & Walt playing backgammon)

Eko

Dream 1: 2x21: ? Eko dreams of his brother leading him somewhere and goes to Loche about finding the ‘?”.

Loche

Hurley

Dream 1. Talks to Jin in English next to a giant chicken.

Vision 1. Has multiple visions of his imaginary friend.

Sawyer

nothing?

Claire

Michael

Vision 1. Believes Walt is talking to him on the computer used to reset the countdown.

Vision 2. Still believes he is talking to Walt on the computer.

Jin

nothing?

Sun

nothing?

Orientation Video Dialogs

Station 3: the Swan

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6417/scenesfromorientationfilm6fd.t h.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scenesfromorienta tionfilm6fd.jpg) http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/223/scenesfromorientationfilm20od. th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scenesfromorienta tionfilm20od.jpg)

Welcome. I am Dr. Marvin Candle(?) and this is your orientation film for station 3 (of the?) *Dharma* Initiative.

In a moment you will be given (a?) simple set of instructions for how you and your partner will fulfill the responsibilities associated with the station. But first, a little history:
screen transition to show activity on a university campus

The Dharma Initiative was created in 1970, and is the brainchild of Gerald and Karen DeGroot(?), two doctoral candidates at the University of Michigan. Following in the footsteps of visionaries such as B.F. Skinner, (?) imagined a large-scale communal research compound where scientists and free-thinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, electromagnetism, and utopian social... * ...(re)clusive Danish industrialist and munitions magnate, Alvar Hanso, whose financial backing made their dream of a multi-purpose, social-science research facility a reality.

screen transition back to man in the lab coat

You and your partner are currently located in station three, or The Swan, and will be for the next 540 days. Now station 3 was originally constructed as a laboratory, where scientists could work to understand the unique electromagnetic fluctuations emanating from this sector of the island. Not long after the experiments began, however, there was... an 'incident'... and since that time, the following protocol has been observed:

(That?) every 108 minutes, the button must be pushed. From the moment the alarm sounds, you will have 4 minutes to enter the code into the microcomputer processor(?)... * ...duction into the program. When the alarm sounds, either you or your partner must input the code. It is highly recommended that you and your partner take alternating shifts. In this manner you will both stay as fresh and alert... * ...most importance, that when the alarm sounds, the code be entered correctly and in a timely fashion.

Now do not attempt to use the computer... * ...for anything... *

<transcript of the spliced clip introduced in What Kate Did>

...for anything else other than the entering of the code. This is its only function.

<begin revision>
The isolation that attends the duties associated with Station 3 may tempt you to try and utilize the computer for communication with the outside world. This is strictly forbidden. Attempting to use the computer in this manner will compromise the integrity of the project and worse, could lead to another incident. I repeat, do not use the computer for anything other than entering the code.

<end of revision and spliced clip>

Congratulations! Until your replacements arrive, the future of the project is in your hands.

On behalf of the DeGroots(?), Alvar Hanso, and all of us at the Dharma Initiative, thank you, namaste, and... good luck.

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Station 5: the Pearl

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9670/scenesfrompearlfilm3gn.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scenesfrompearlfi lm3gn.jpg) http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5299/793pxpearlorientation23ly.th.j pg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=793pxpearlorienta tion23ly.jpg)

"Hello. I am Dr. Mark Wickman and this is your orientation film for station 5 of the *Dharma* Initiative.
Station 5 or, The Pearl, is a monitoring station where the activities of participants in Dharma Initiative projects can be observed and recorded; not only for posterity but for the ongoing refinement of the initiative as a whole.

As Karen DeGroot herself has written "Careful observation is the only key to true and complete awareness".

Your tour of duty in the Pearl will last three weeks and during this time, you and your partner will observe a psychological experiment in progress.

Your duty is to observe team members in another station on the island. These team members are not aware that they are under surveillance or that they are subjects of an experiment.

Working in eight hour shifts you and your partner will record everything you observe in the notebooks we provided. What is the nature of the experiment, you might ask. What do these subjects believe they are accomplishing as they struggle to fulfill their tasks? You, as the observer, don't need to know. All you need to know is that the subjects believe that their job is of the utmost importance. Remember, everything that occurs, no matter how minute or seemingly unimportant must be recorded.

Each time a notebook is filled with the fruits of your diligent observation, roll it up and insert it into one of the containers provided. Then, simply place the container in the pneumatic tube and - presto! It will be transported directly to us.

At the end of your eight hour shift proceed to the Pala Ferry which will take you back to the barracks to prepare for your next * (?) ... on behalf of the DeGroots, Alvar Hanso, and all of us here at the Dharma Initiative - thank you. Namaste and good luck. "

Here is a compilation of the Hanso Commercials that aired over the summer. They shed some light on events in the show and answer a few questions.

_PPCCcXarkc

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
reservred 2

Dukefrukem
02-08-2008, 02:26 PM
ok done

MadMan
02-08-2008, 05:11 PM
What I loved was when Locke demanded to know what the hell the smoke monster was. That's a question on everyone's minds. Sadly though as KF noted Ben didn't have the answer. How the hell do you live on the island for such a long time and not know what the hell the bigass creature that's tearing around killing people and being really freaky creepy is and what its origins are?

That said the first two episodes have been really awesome. I love the direction they are taking the season, and unlike the past seasons the show's creators have gotten off to a fast start. I wish they had stuck to shorter seasons from the get-go but I imagine that ABC wanted to milk Lost once they discovered they had a mega hit on their hands.

number8
02-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Wait, why is it a problem that Miles is a real psychic? It's not like the show never showed us ghosts before.

I dug the hell out of the fact that he's both a scam artist and a psychic. I love the fact that his ghostbusting device WAS just a vacuum cleaner. He didn't need it, but he carried that thing around just to make himself appear more "legit" or something.

Dead & Messed Up
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Wait, why is it a problem that Miles is a real psychic? It's not like the show never showed us ghosts before.

I dug the hell out of the fact that he's both a scam artist and a psychic. I love the fact that his ghostbusting device WAS just a vacuum cleaner. He didn't need it, but he carried that thing around just to make himself appear more "legit" or something.

I suspect that little machine might do something to irritate the ghosts. Otherwise, why would it have so willingly given up its private stash?

number8
02-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I suspect that little machine might do something to irritate the ghosts. Otherwise, why would it have so willingly given up its private stash?

Why would ghosts need money and drugs? Plus, the kid probably didn't want the grandma to know he's a drug dealer, and that was the reason he was haunting the room. With the stash gone and the grandma's memory of him still pure, he was able to go in peace.

Dukefrukem
02-11-2008, 07:02 PM
alright i guess you can delete this thread seeing how it's ever so popular.

Raiders
02-12-2008, 02:37 AM
alright i guess you can delete this thread seeing how it's ever so popular.

Nah, that's way too much typing and effort to be deleted. I'll just merge it with the LOST thread already in existence.

Dead & Messed Up
02-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Why would ghosts need money and drugs? Plus, the kid probably didn't want the grandma to know he's a drug dealer, and that was the reason he was haunting the room. With the stash gone and the grandma's memory of him still pure, he was able to go in peace.

Oh. That makes more sense now.

Thanks!

EvilShoe
02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Some good news, and some bad news.
We'll get some more episodes and the planned season ending, but 13 instead of 16 episodes. Which means the last 8 will be condensed to 5 episodes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i11eaec8a171fba49e3e855a2e1a d8636

We'll see how this plays out. I'm happy we're getting more episodes, at least.

EvilShoe
02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm in the "Ken Leung character's awesome" camp, incidentally.
Must be because I love The Frighteners.

Kurosawa Fan
02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure condensing Lost a bit would be a bad thing. Sometimes I think they tend to stretch things out unnecessarily.

EvilShoe
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure condensing Lost a bit would be a bad thing. Sometimes I think they tend to stretch things out unnecessarily.
True, but this was already planned as a season with less filler (only 16 episodes).

MadMan
02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure condensing Lost a bit would be a bad thing. Sometimes I think they tend to stretch things out unnecessarily.I second this. I'm just glad we're going to get a season that's almost as long as planned. I was worried that we weren't going to see Season 4 completed at all.

Thirdmango
02-12-2008, 09:57 PM
You know Duke, you really oughta watch the third season, minus the first 6 episodes it's really the best season and the only reason I can recommend the show to anyone I know. Though I didn't read all of your theory stuff, I did read a little bit of it, and if you watched the third season a bunch of the stuff would be answered.

Dead & Messed Up
02-15-2008, 05:07 AM
So tonight's episode was good...

DavidSeven
02-15-2008, 02:07 PM
So tonight's episode was good...

Great episode. Much better than last week.

Henry Gale
02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I liked last night's episode, but I wasn't really wowed by it.

I had a lot of little issues with it that I don't usually find myself complaining about with the show. I thought the flashforward had a lot of cheesy moments, that the twists along the way in both stories weren't really as shocking as they wanted them to be, and that Giacchino's score was a tad overbearing (especially in the main Kate/Sawyer scene).

Maybe if I watch it again I'll like it better, but right now I much prefer the first two episodes from the season.

number8
02-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I think Ben did something to Sayid's sperm. Everytime he fucks a white chick, she becomes bullet magnet.

Morris Schæffer
02-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Episode two was pretty good. And Jeff motherfucking Fahey's in it. Here's hoping for Michael Dudikoff and Don Swayze for future episodes.:lol:

number8
02-17-2008, 06:25 PM
So Zoe Bell is finally making a not-just-her-voice appearance next week.

I guess we'll get to see Sayid and Desmond landing on the ship and meeting Regina.

Saya
02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm a bit behind with Lost, but I just watched the second episode and it was awesome. Ken Leung was awesome, I hope he'll turn into a permanent cast member.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2akbixc.jpg

Dead & Messed Up
02-22-2008, 09:19 AM
The episode tonight was pretty good. Kate's stuff wasn't as interesting as the on-island stuff, but I got no problems. I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Apparently Desmond runs into some problems when they go back to the boat.

number8
02-22-2008, 09:57 AM
The Aaron thing was kind of predictable.

The most interesting thing about the flash forward was getting to hear the cover story they came up with. I like how they decided to paint Kate as the hero, probably knowing that she'll go on trial when they return.

MadMan
02-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Sayid's episode was pretty awesome, what with Sayid being a badass and all. Kate's was also good as well, although I'd say its the weakest of the bunch so far. But hell even the weakest episode so far this season has been good. Damn I'm impressed with Season 4 at the moment, and I'm glad the writers are going with a shortened season (it was planned from the begining but I don't mind the writer's strike shortening it even more). Less filler=better taste.

Thirdmango
02-22-2008, 08:10 PM
I thought the Kate episode was good but mostly for the little things. Like 3.2 Mil, and that in the cover story, that there were 8 who survived the crash, but there are only the Oceanic 6, so it must be that in the story of getting home, two people die on the island. I'm interested to find out who they are.

DavidSeven
02-22-2008, 08:43 PM
I thought the Kate episode was good but mostly for the little things. Like 3.2 Mil, and that in the cover story, that there were 8 who survived the crash, but there are only the Oceanic 6, so it must be that in the story of getting home, two people die on the island. I'm interested to find out who they are.

I figured Michael and Walt were considered the other two survivors, but not included in the "six" because they returned earlier.

Thirdmango
02-23-2008, 12:39 AM
I figured Michael and Walt were considered the other two survivors, but not included in the "six" because they returned earlier.

Actually it's been revealed on wikipedia who the other two are.

Sun and Jin.

Kurosawa Fan
02-27-2008, 03:04 AM
I thought the Kate episode was decent, nothing special. And that "twist" in the end was the single most predictable twist in the history of the show. Both my wife and I said it from the start. I hate when they treat an ending like it's this incredible reveal (with the rising, chaotic music and the cut to black) when it's blatantly obvious like that.

number8
02-27-2008, 03:16 AM
I thought the Kate episode was decent, nothing special. And that "twist" in the end was the single most predictable twist in the history of the show. Both my wife and I said it from the start. I hate when they treat an ending like it's this incredible reveal (with the rising, chaotic music and the cut to black) when it's blatantly obvious like that.

They end almost every single episode like that, so it's hard really to discern which ones they're trying to play up like a big reveal.

For the record, yes, it was very predictable, but maybe because it was so obviously telegraphed with that laundry scene in the beginning.

Kurosawa Fan
02-27-2008, 12:22 PM
They end almost every single episode like that, so it's hard really to discern which ones they're trying to play up like a big reveal.

For the record, yes, it was very predictable, but maybe because it was so obviously telegraphed with that laundry scene in the beginning.

No, they tend to amp up that loud crescendo when it's supposed to be a really big reveal. They did it for Ben in the episode before as well. But yeah, it was telegraphed during that scene, but even before it was the first thing that sprung to our minds when Kate said "Leave my son out of this."

EvilShoe
02-27-2008, 02:26 PM
I didn't see it coming.
One of the advantages of being very sleepy when watching Lost!

number8
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
No, they tend to amp up that loud crescendo when it's supposed to be a really big reveal. They did it for Ben in the episode before as well. But yeah, it was telegraphed during that scene, but even before it was the first thing that sprung to our minds when Kate said "Leave my son out of this."

I think the laundry scene was before the "my son" line. When she refused to pick up Aaron it obviously telegraphed that Kate's going to be a mother in the flash forward, but when she said "son" the Aaron possibility became obvious.

The first that sprang to our minds was the pregnant scare from the third season. In the flash-forward, before and during the trial they kept shooting Kate from the chest-up. We were pretty much convinced that they're gonna pull the camera back and reveal that she's 9 months pregnant or something.

Kurosawa Fan
02-27-2008, 07:16 PM
The first that sprang to our minds was the pregnant scare from the third season. In the flash-forward, before and during the trial they kept shooting Kate from the chest-up. We were pretty much convinced that they're gonna pull the camera back and reveal that she's 9 months pregnant or something.

No, in her first meeting with the lawyer she says "Leave my son out of it." I'm fairly certain that was before the laundry scene, because we were still talking about it at that point. Or maybe we started talking about it when Sawyer mentioned the scare. I'm not sure. Either way, it was the first thing to jump into both our heads.

MadMan
02-28-2008, 02:31 AM
I didn't see it coming.
One of the advantages of being very sleepy when watching Lost!Heh, same here. Maybe I'm just slow ;)

Henry Gale
02-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Fantastic episode.

... I don't what else to say other than that. Just perfect.

DavidSeven
02-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Now that's good TV.

EyesWideOpen
02-29-2008, 05:55 AM
That might have been my favorite episode of Lost ever.

number8
02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Astounding.

Seriously. Outstanding episode.

Thirdmango
03-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm glad to see everyone liked it as much as I did. I've been in love with Desmond for ever, I'm so glad they made him into such a good character.

DSNT
03-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Astounding.

Seriously. Outstanding episode.
QFT.

As much as I hate Jeremy Davies, I'm really enjoying what they're doing with his character here.

Kurosawa Fan
03-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Yep. That was the best episode in a long, long time. Truly fantastic.

[ETM]
03-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Excellent episode. Might actually be the best since S1, maybe ever overall. It also finally answers several crucial questions with something at least resembling a coherent answer, which is more than we got in, like - ever. Desmond and Penny are amazing. Frak the "love tri/quadrangle", they're the emotional core of the show.

Saya
03-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Just watched the latest episode. And I've got nothing to add. What a spectacular episode. I got goosebumps at the end. Just perfect.

Dead & Messed Up
03-02-2008, 12:33 AM
That was possibly the best episode since the pilot. Stunning. Amazing. With that emotional finish at the end that just floored me.

Morris Schæffer
03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
There's no way I can call it the best episode since the pilot. Damu, have you got all the other 75+ episodes memorized to be able to make such a call? Agreed on the ending and the overal quality, but the time travel aspect is something I'm hoping they're going to elaborate upon a little bit. Perhaps this was already hinted at in previous episodes, but didn't anyone go "Time travel?!! Sheesh!"?

Kurosawa Fan
03-05-2008, 07:22 PM
There's no way I can call it the best episode since the pilot. Damu, have you got all the other 75+ episodes memorized to be able to make such a call? Agreed on the ending and the overal quality, but the time travel aspect is something I'm hoping they're going to elaborate upon a little bit. Perhaps this was already hinted at in previous episodes, but didn't anyone go "Time travel?!! Sheesh!"?

I was a little disappointed by it at first, but it seemed more along the lines of a tear in the fabric of time, not like something controllable. It's almost like a black hole of sorts. I think it helps explain quite a bit about the mystery surrounding the island.

Morris Schæffer
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
I was a little disappointed by it at first, but it seemed more along the lines of a tear in the fabric of time, not like something controllable. It's almost like a black hole of sorts. I think it helps explain quite a bit about the mystery surrounding the island.

Maybe. Let's see how it plays out.

number8
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Of course it was hinted at. Desmond could see the future, duh.

Isn't it the same concept? He lives out his future, then jumps back to the past.

Henry Gale
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow, even though "The Constant" was the lowest-rated episode so far this season (still 13 million), it was the only scripted show in the Top 10 last week.

And yeah, I don't see how the idea of Desmond "suddenly" being able to have his mind jump back and forth between past in present is any different from what happened in "Flashes Before Your Eyes" or what he experienced for the rest of last season. The only thing I was initially a bit irked by was Des suddenly losing all memory of everything. But even with that I soon realized it worked much better for what was going on and for his arc in general.

DavidSeven
03-06-2008, 04:36 AM
I had the same instant reaction as Morris. There was also some initial disappointment in knowing that they were breaking away from the main storyline of the season, which had been so intriguing to that point. But damn, the entire episode was written and executed so well that it really made me not care about any of that.

Morris Schæffer
03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Of course it was hinted at. Desmond could see the future, duh.

Isn't it the same concept? He lives out his future, then jumps back to the past.

I had totally forgotten about that. You're right.

Sxottlan
03-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Last week's episodes did give me pause when it was making the leap to time travel. Namely because it's such an over-used concept thanks to Star Trek.

Still, I was getting choked up at that ending.

Tonight's episode was good too. Looks like Ben is going to be making he way back to the top with a new group of Others.

number8
03-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Funny that the two best characters on the show weren't even in the first season.

DavidSeven
03-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Well, that was sad. Damn LOST.

number8
03-14-2008, 08:17 AM
JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIN!!! :sad:

Dead & Messed Up
03-14-2008, 10:14 AM

Not memorized, but I own them all on DVD, and I've considered a lot of them to be good-to-great, but what stunned me was the flawless craft and drive of the episode, and how it functioned (as the very best episodes do) as both a story unto itself as well as a successful furthering of the show's mythos and tropes.

And tonight's episode made me sad.

Morris Schæffer
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Episode 6: The weakest so far? I was a little bored by the gas subplot and aggravated by the "all-too-frequent" habit of characters not freakin' telling what they're gonna fucking do until the suspense has subsided.

Still, "see you boys at dinner" was soooooooo hilarious.

EvilShoe
03-14-2008, 05:16 PM
No!!!!!
And I was so happy they were still together. :sad:

number8
03-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Seriously. Fuck you, writers.

EvilShoe
03-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Seriously. Fuck you, writers.
There's still a chance he got left behind on the island, but that'd be beyond manipulative.

shaun
03-14-2008, 05:36 PM
The date on...
Jin's headstone was the date of the crash so it could just be a memorial from the recovery of the cover-up plane.

Doesn't mean he won't be on the show for the next 2 years anyways.

DavidSeven
03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Re: Jin

I thought about the "left behind on the island" scenario, but it seems like a bit much for Sun to go to his headstone to "communicate" with him if there was a chance he was still alive. Don't know if the writers could get away with that.

number8
03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Something else I was thinking of. As sad as the twist made me feel, throughout the episode I couldn't help feeling that Jin and Sun have already reached their dramatic zenith. They keep rehashing their relationship conflict, and I'm disappointed in that. Maybe they exhausted those two too quickly in the first season.

So I was thinking also, would the writers be so bold as to repeat the Season 1 finale also? By that I'm referring to Jin and Sun's goodbye as Jin got on Sawyer and Michael's boat. Seems to me that if Sun gets rescued and Jin stays on the island, they would have to do the same thing over again.

number8
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Any guess on why Hurley's happy he's the only one who came?

Saya
03-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Any guess on why Hurley's happy he's the only one who came?

I just watched the last two episodes.

When I saw Hurley at the end I thought he looked like he was going to put the moves on her. :lol:

Anyway, I thought it was another great episode. It was cool to finally see Zoe Bell.

Does anyone else have the feeling that, at the end of the show, we will see Ben as a 'good' character instead of one of the bad guys.

number8
03-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Does anyone else have the feeling that, at the end of the show, we will see Ben as a 'good' character instead of one of the bad guys.

Isn't that exactly what they've been pushing since the end of Season 3? We know that Ben can't be trusted, but there's always that lingering doubt that he's telling the truth and that The Others are good guys all along.

Kurosawa Fan
03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Especially now that we know that Charles Widmore is on the other end of that freighter. If I had to choose between Ben, Locke, or Widmore, I might choose Ben even knowing what we know right now. I mean, it's not exactly a great set of choices to begin with, but of all three, Locke is by far the most ridiculous at this point.

DavidSeven
03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Well, we probably shouldn't forget that, as of now, Ben...

...is the one who filled a wrecked plane with 300+ dead bodies.

Kurosawa Fan
03-17-2008, 03:29 PM

That's a fair point, but in all honesty, how pathetic is John Locke? Seriously? He's one of the most easily manipulated characters in television history. His presence literally turns my stomach.

DavidSeven
03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
That's a fair point, but in all honesty, how pathetic is John Locke? Seriously? He's one of the most easily manipulated characters in television history. His presence literally turns my stomach.

Agreed. Locke is totally aggravating at this point. My statement was directed at the idea that Ben could be a mass murdering "good guy."

Saya
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM

I wonder if that is true though.

I mean Sayid and Desmond did receive that 'Do not trust the captain' note earlier, so he could've been lying about that. Maybe he was protecting Widmore?

Dukefrukem
03-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I just wanted to say that I caught up on all episodes... and im actually very impressed how they linked everything back to season 2/3... Goodwin and Juliette, Ben and Juliette, where Michael is.

And now we know that the producers were fucking with us in that old TV guide interview where they said no Time Travel was involved... such a load of shit...

DavidSeven
03-17-2008, 06:05 PM
I wonder if that is true though.

I mean Sayid and Desmond did receive that 'Do not trust the captain' note earlier, so he could've been lying about that. Maybe he was protecting Widmore?

True, but we do know that Ben...

...gassed a whole bunch of Dharma people and dumped them in a ditch.

number8
03-17-2008, 06:59 PM
And now we know that the producers were fucking with us in that old TV guide interview where they said no Time Travel was involved... such a load of shit...

There was no time travel.

Kurosawa Fan
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM

I don't see where you're coming from here. They said that the survivors didn't travel through time during the crash. I think it's plainly evident that that's true.

number8
03-21-2008, 10:39 PM
So.

"Meet Kevin Johnson" was mostly pointless.

Kurosawa Fan
03-21-2008, 11:32 PM
So.

"Meet Kevin Johnson" was mostly pointless.

I liked seeing his life back home, and the last two minutes or so were interesting, but otherwise we're in complete agreement.

Do you think Danielle is dead? It didn't look like she was shot in a vital area, so she could still survive. She's probably dead though.

number8
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I liked seeing his life back home, and the last two minutes or so were interesting, but otherwise we're in complete agreement.

Do you think Danielle is dead? It didn't look like she was shot in a vital area, so she could still survive. She's probably dead though.

The writers don't seem to have anything for her to do for the longest time now, so yeah, she probably is dead.

As for Michael's flashback, I did enjoy Miles knowing he's bullshitting right away. And it makes sense that he keeps quiet because he plans on turncoating himself.

Sxottlan
03-22-2008, 07:00 AM
It was interesting more for just seeing a loose end tied up from several seasons ago. But soon after I remembered that I didn't like Michael very much to begin with. Obnoxious and whiny mostly.

Then I found myself wanting to know the particulars of how exactly they got rescued, why he never told his rescuers about the survivors (it's not like he'd face murder charges back on the mainland) and what story he came up with for being on a little boat way out in the middle of the ocean.

Seems like it would have been easier for Ben to just put one of his own people on the freighter.

Dead & Messed Up
04-25-2008, 06:51 AM
So.

Tonight's episode was kick-assery from beginning to end. The Risk game was especially appropriate.

MadMan
04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Last night's episode was pretty freakin' crazy awesome. And shocking in many regards. There a great deal of violence for an episode of the show; at times I felt like I watching an episode of 24. So I guess we discovered that Ben can control the smoke monster. Damn that bastard/bitch was uber badass in action. I still can't believe they killed off Alex, and I want to see more of Ben vs. Charles.

Kurosawa Fan
04-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I really liked the episode, but I have on major issue with it.

If they wanted to pull the "is she dead or not?" nonsense with Claire, maybe don't have the bad guys shoot a rocket into her home. Maybe find some scenario in which she actually could have been lying outside the wreckage not blown to pieces. That was ridiculous. And Sawyer not getting hit by one of those bullets while using a picnic table and a waist-high picket fence as cover was on that same level of dumb. Whoever directed that episode needs to step away when it's time to film more action sequences, and whoever wrote those sequences should be fired.

EyesWideOpen
04-28-2008, 06:25 AM

If they wanted to pull the "is she dead or not?" nonsense with Claire, maybe don't have the bad guys shoot a rocket into her home. Maybe find some scenario in which she actually could have been lying outside the wreckage not blown to pieces. That was ridiculous. And Sawyer not getting hit by one of those bullets while using a picnic table and a waist-high picket fence as cover was on that same level of dumb. Whoever directed that episode needs to step away when it's time to film more action sequences, and whoever wrote those sequences should be fired.

That was especially stupid considering the shooters had just taken out three no names with perfect shots to the heart.

EvilShoe
04-28-2008, 07:13 AM

Ben did say the shooters were trying to piss off Sawyer so he'd turn him in. No explanation for the Claire thing.

Kurosawa Fan
04-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Ben did say the shooters were trying to piss off Sawyer so he'd turn him in. No explanation for the Claire thing.

The sharpest shooters in the world trying to miss him couldn't have missed that many times with that many rounds. Plus, it's wood. That wasn't a metal table or a metal fence. He should have been laying on the ground with more holes in him that Clyde Barrow.

MadMan
04-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm now 100% sure that KF is not a fan of 24. Heh.
That said, I do know for sure that Claire should have been dead. Or at least missing a couple of legs.

number8
04-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Sooo... the doctor.

Time travel?

MadMan
04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Sooo... the doctor.

Time travel?Huh? You mean the doctor who washed up onshore? That guy? How the hell do you get time travel out of that? I do know that Danny boy defiantly has time traveled, as has Desmond. But I think that's it.

number8
04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Huh? You mean the doctor who washed up onshore? That guy? How the hell do you get time travel out of that? I do know that Danny boy defiantly has time traveled, as has Desmond. But I think that's it.

Well, I suppose he might not be a doctor at all, but if the guy's dead on the island but fine on the boat, then there's time travel involved.

MadMan
04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, I suppose he might not be a doctor at all, but if the guy's dead on the island but fine on the boat, then there's time travel involved.Perhaps. Or perhaps the people on the boat are lying because they killed him. Which is more likely.

PS: I'm happy that Frank is returning next week. I'm sure he'll bring some answers with him, at least hopefully. It does appear that he's no longer on the side of the mercs, and that what has really been troubling him is that he probably found out the real reason the team was sent to the island.

EvilShoe
04-28-2008, 10:39 PM
The sharpest shooters in the world trying to miss him couldn't have missed that many times with that many rounds. Plus, it's wood. That wasn't a metal table or a metal fence. He should have been laying on the ground with more holes in him that Clyde Barrow.
Then it's the director who messed up, not the writers as they clearly adressed your problem.

Kurosawa Fan
04-29-2008, 05:05 AM
Then it's the director who messed up, not the writers as they clearly adressed your problem.

They both suck.

EvilShoe
04-29-2008, 08:07 AM
They both suck.
Crybaby.

Kurosawa Fan
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Crybaby.

Suck up.

EvilShoe
04-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Suck up.
I'm just glad that during the current batch of Lost episodes all we can do is nitpick.
It used to be different.

MadMan
04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Honestly I've gotten to the point where the flaws either aren't significant or I don't really care that they exist. And I've fully embraced the idea that the show may not end on a satisfactory note, although I'm now convinced that it won't end in a shitty fashion like The X-Files did.

Kurosawa Fan
04-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm just glad that during the current batch of Lost episodes all we can do is nitpick.
It used to be different.

This is a very good point. Boy that second season was off the mark.

Qrazy
04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
So I stopped watching about half way into the second season because I had the distinct impression the show had no idea where it was going and was going to wait until there was some closure before I wasted my time with it.

So are any of the loose plot threads wrapped?

Smoke Monster
Hatch
Others
Etc.

MadMan
04-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Season 2 was near great. I may be the only one who thinks this. Around this place at least. Maybe on Icine too.

DSNT
04-30-2008, 04:19 AM
So are any of the loose plot threads wrapped?

Smoke Monster - kinda sorta (?)
Hatch - yes
Others - pretty much
Etc.- no

number8
04-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Season 2 was near great. I may be the only one who thinks this. Around this place at least. Maybe on Icine too.

Even the cast and crew would disagree with you.

MadMan
04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Even the cast and crew would disagree with you.That's like, their opinion, man....

Seriously though why the hell would I care what the cast and crew think? Its my opinion. If anything I often don't trust an creator/artist or someone involved in making art to truly and properly evaluate what they just made. Its why I myself in the past have often presented my work to others, because I'm not a good valid judge of my own work.

number8
04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
You were naming groups of people who disagree with you. I added more.

Qrazy
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Smoke Monster - kinda sorta (?)
Hatch - yes
Others - pretty much
Etc.- no

Ehh... I think I'll wait a few more years and see how things pan out.

Dead & Messed Up
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM
This is a very good point. Boy that second season was off the mark.

I dunno. I think the only significant problem was spending so much time on the tailies, given their shocking mortality rate and lack of involvement in subsequent seasons. And a couple of middle episodes didn't go much of anywhere.

Otherwise, I genuinely enjoy the mythos-building with the numbers, the smoke monster, the others, and all that. Good times.

MadMan
05-01-2008, 03:42 AM
You were naming groups of people who disagree with you. I added more.Ah. Fair enough.

Kurosawa Fan
05-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I dunno. I think the only significant problem was spending so much time on the tailies, given their shocking mortality rate and lack of involvement in subsequent seasons. And a couple of middle episodes didn't go much of anywhere.

Otherwise, I genuinely enjoy the mythos-building with the numbers, the smoke monster, the others, and all that. Good times.

I enjoyed what you enjoyed. The beginning and end of the season were great. The middle 12 or so episodes were useless for the most part, and I considered giving up on the show. I'm glad I stuck with it, but that season by and large was a borderline failure. If it hadn't ended so well, I'd be gone.

Sxottlan
05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
I think the only significant problem was spending so much time on the tailies, given their shocking mortality rate and lack of involvement in subsequent seasons.

I remember rather liking the Tolkien-esque narrative in season two. By that I mean how we went back to the beach for several episodes without knowing the fate of those on the boat. Then we go to the boaters for a couple episodes straight and then all the way back to the beginning to see it all from their point of view. I really loved that.

That a number of the actors from that group got kicked off or wanted to leave is just a bad coincidence (Bernard after all is still around on a regular basis).

Sxottlan
05-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Great episode. Love it when the show gets mystical.

Especially love the ending:

Just simply move the island.

MadMan
05-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Lost went to 11 tonight. Whoa.

number8
05-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Time travel. I was right.

Suck it, people.

Dukefrukem
05-09-2008, 03:23 PM
That means the show officially sucks right?

Thirdmango
05-11-2008, 04:02 PM
No man, I love Time Travel. My favorite moment of this episode was...

Claire in the cabin, with that smirk on her face saying, "Yeah that's right, I understand everything now. Suck on that!"

Sxottlan
05-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Nice penultimate episode to the season. Didn't realize it was over already. As soon as the plane's ramp came down along with the music and the reunions, it was nearly Niagara Falls here.

A pretty good installment. I like how protective Sawyer has become for the survivors that went to Otherville.

Dead & Messed Up
05-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I liked seeing Sun

totally fuck her dad over. This from a woman who - months ago - didn't dare open her blouse. Now she's power-playing like Trump.

Kurosawa Fan
05-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Cool episode. Can't wait to see how this plays out for the finale.

Mara
05-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, this episode was heavy on the pay offs, for a show that likes to dangle carrots. They still set up some great stories to play out over the next couple of episodes, though.

NickGlass
05-16-2008, 09:00 PM
I thought I'd drop in and post a link for a little feature my friend and I wrote on the show's prospective characters.

http://media.www.berkeleybeacon.com/media/storage/paper169/news/2008/02/21/ArtsAndEntertainment/Found.lost.Characters-3226704.shtml

I hope you enjoy (especially you literature/philosophy buffs--I'm looking at you, Mara).

number8
05-18-2008, 05:39 AM
Hurley's car moment was so creepy.

number8
05-30-2008, 06:24 AM
THERE. THERE. THERE THERE THERE.

That's the Lost I fell in love with in 2004. The Penny/Desmond moment. Holy shit. Jin. Sayid badassery! Island! The ending! Fuck!

I don't think it's legal to pack so much awesome in one night of television.

Sxottlan
05-30-2008, 08:09 AM
That certainly wasn't who I thought would be in there.

Loved the matter-of-fact way we go into this bizarro cavern to move the island. What was all that?

Thirdmango
05-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Holy bloody shit. This show just blows me away. I was in tears at the Desmond moment. I was trying to think the whole time who could be in the casket and it turns out to be my favorite bloody character! The one person that I knew it couldn't be and it was. Holy shit, that was awesome. Christian Shepard showing up a couple of times to do his duty. The other moment which floored me was the first conversation between Charlotte and Miles because the instant he said I knew exactly what he meant. I always thought of the four she was the most worthless, but I betcha she is...
Ben's girlfriend from his early years.
But seriously, this show is amazing, I was jumping out of my seat, and I can not wait for the next two seasons. Brilliant.

Saya
05-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I think I'll have Lost weekend this week. I've been saving the last couple episodes to watch in one or two sittings. Can't wait to watch it and I'm glad to hear that the plot twists and turns are pretty well received overall.

shaun
05-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Jeremy Bentham is another philosopher pseudonym and his ideas were pretty much a total refutation of John Locke's. Not sure of the significance, but they were obviously chosen for a reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

number8
05-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Miles, Desmond and Ben = my current holy trinity.

Mara
05-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I think this was the best season since the first one. Lost has come back a-kickin'.

MadMan
05-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Jeremy Bentham is another philosopher pseudonym and his ideas were pretty much a total refutation of John Locke's. Not sure of the significance, but they were obviously chosen for a reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_BenthamYeah I noticed that last night, although it took me until today to remember who that was. Really intrieguing and interesting indeed. Personally after last night's episode and after four seasons I think that Lost is pretty much an exercise in Utilitarianism. But that may be debatable.

Overall last night's season finale blew me away. So much amazingness contained in only two hours. Season 4 is easily the best season of the show so far.

Kurosawa Fan
05-31-2008, 04:03 AM
Very impressive finale. I can't wait to see how this all ends next season.

Dead & Messed Up
05-31-2008, 05:28 AM
I think this was the best season since the first one. Lost has come back a-kickin'.

I'll go one better: it's the best season thus far. And the finale - oh hell yes.

We need more Miles. He had three or four lines, but they were the best ones in the whole episode.

[ETM]
05-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Very impressive finale. I can't wait to see how this all ends next season.

Aren't there two more seasons?

Thirdmango
05-31-2008, 11:22 AM
;69906']Aren't there two more seasons?

Yup, two more seasons at 17 episodes each.

Kurosawa Fan
05-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Yup, two more seasons at 17 episodes each.

Really? I thought season five was the last season.

Thirdmango
05-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Right after the third season they announced the series would end the 09-10 season. Calling for three more seasons at 16 episodes each. But because of the writers strike fourth season was only 14 episodes, so they're doing 17 episodes for the next two seasons.

Saya
05-31-2008, 07:14 PM
So, I'm catching up with season 4 now and just watched episodes 8 & 9.

Holy crap the 'Ben' episode was good.

I can't believe his daughter was killed like that. It's kinda funny how they killed off like 3 characters like that in two episodes. :)

MadMan
05-31-2008, 09:31 PM
I'll go one better: it's the best season thus far. And the finale - oh hell yes.

We need more Miles. He had three or four lines, but they were the best ones in the whole episode.I want to see Miles and Sawyer become a tag team. They were hilarious together when they were trecking through the jungle. I think Miles will play a bigger part in the next season, if only because of his psychic abilities.

ThePlashyBubbler
06-02-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm consistently impressed with how well LOST handles situations that sound completely ridiculous on paper. For instance, what would we have all said midway through last season if we knew the fourth season would end with Ben pushing a big frozen wheel in order to move the island?
Somehow in the context of the episode the moment ends up working perfectly.

Saya
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow, the finale was great.

I had a feeling it would have been either Locke or Ben in that coffin. I guess when Locke gets back to the island withh the others he'll return to life? Or would that be too easy?

Sun has become such a badass now. She said to her father that he is one of two men that she blamed for Jin' death. Who is the other one? Ben or Whidmore?

Morris Schæffer
06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Good stuff considering I once felt like I was pretty much done with the show. However, no way is this season better than the first. That's just not possible. None of this feels as fresh as it was once did, the story still feels like it has spiralled out of control and huge moments such as Ben moving the island and Locke being in the coffin don't wow as much as stuff that happened in season one when the mystery of the island was really spine-tingling and wondrous. As for Locke, I no longer really cared enough about him to be truly mesmerized by the final reveal. In fact, it serves him right. Lost is like some forgotten boxer who decides to make a series of comebacks that aren't entirely succesful, but that still get one pumped because of the spirit of character on display. The acting is still consistently good. Loved the Penny + Des reunion and overall it was a solidly engaging season with the supernatural stuff cut back, supplanted by good old-fashioned tension, firefights and marines that are batshit crazy.

So Damu and Madman, why is this the best season yet?

Henry Gale
06-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Who is the other one?

Jack. He said so in the final scene when he was telling Ben where he stood with everyone.

MadMan
06-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Season 4 didn't have a single poor/medicore/decent episode, save for maybe one. Its success can largely be attributed to a smart move by the show's creators in shortening the season, as the previous seasons were often bloated and contained certain elements that were completely unneccessary. Thanks in part to Season 4 Ben is now established as the best character on the show, Locke has regained his Season 1 mojo, and Jack is pretty much amazing, although granted he has been since Season 1 anyways. Its just that now I actually like his character, and truly appreciate what he brings to the table in terms of his leadership abilities and the fact that he usually has some of the best episodes each season.
Oh and Desmond's episode was one of the most emotional and perfectly crafted episodes in the series history, plus the season finale hit every single awesome note imagable. Oh and any Locke dislike/hate pretty much gets a big fat :| from me, even though he's not even among my favorite characters anymore (Desmond, Sawyer, Jin and Hurely-not in any order-are fairly tops, with Juliet and Ben being HMs) he's still one of the best characters on the show.
Oh and while in many ways Season 4 was setup for the next two seasons, it was great setup. I imagine that many of the plotlines and storylines featured here will pay off greatly down the road, although I can't imagine that the show will answer every single question/mystery raised. I'm more about the journey than the destination, although I'm now longer worried about Lost ending on a bad note like The X-Files did.

PS: That's the short answer. I'll probably have to dive into Icine and dig up my thoughts on every single episode of Season 4 if I really have to give an even more detailed answer.

Morris Schæffer
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Sorry it took so long to respond Madman. Don't do any more digging on this matter. :) All I can say is that I don't recall season one to have any weak episodes and every single one was filled with spine-tingling mystery, memorable characters and powerful moments.

I don't hate Locke by the way, but compared to his Whoa moment in "Walkabout" in season one, he's just sort of become rather boring.

Let's see where Season five takes us.:)

MadMan
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Sorry it took so long to respond Madman. Don't do any more digging on this matter. :) All I can say is that I don't recall season one to have any weak episodes and every single one was filled with spine-tingling mystery, memorable characters and powerful moments.Heh, I've been offline a good deal myself lately. I blame work. Season 1 I think had at least two weak episodes, but otherwise was pretty awesome. I think Season 2 pretty much filled the "weak episode" quota for the entire season.

I don't hate Locke by the way, but compared to his Whoa moment in "Walkabout" in season one, he's just sort of become rather boring.Ah, I must have misread your previous post. I think all of the stuff with his father and the fact that at the end of Season 4 he is now the leader of the Others has almost matched the whoa moment from Walkabout. But that moment will never be bested or even matched.

Let's see where Season five takes us.:)Oh yeah I agree. I can't wait.

Dead & Messed Up
06-08-2008, 09:35 PM
So Damu and Madman, why is this the best season yet?

Well, here are my thoughts:

The first season and a half of the show now feel to me like a runner warming up. Great craft, good storytelling, some fabulous acting from performers like Matthew Fox, Terry O'Quinn, and Yunjin Kim. But at the same time, it moves at a languid pace, focusing a good amount of its time on issues and relationships that (with hindsight) matter very little. I'll probably watch the first season again a few more times, but will I be bored out of my mind during, say, "Hearts and Minds" or "Born to Run"? Kinda.

That's not to say that the first season has any huge problems. It just seems to lack the potency and energy of Season 4. If I may return to my original analogy, the runner's now at a full sprint, and I doubt he will slow down until he reaches the finish.

I will give you this, though: I absolutely love the mystery of the first season, and the quiet accumulation of details. For my money, the best episode of the series is still the pilot.

MadMan
06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
To a large extent I actually wish Lost had been on say, HBO or basic cable instead of on ABC, mainly because the show's creators would have been able to do the short seasons they're finally doing now. Also that long ass, annoying break that happened during Season 2 (the break during Season 4 was short and only due to the writer's strike) wouldn't have occured had it not been on network TV.

Saya
06-12-2008, 09:24 PM
What does everyone think of the theory that

the polarbears were probably used to move the island / time crank?

It makes sense because the crank is in a cold place, a perfect environment for polarbears. Also, it seems that after using the crank Ben ended up in the same place in which a polar bear skeleton was dug up by the archeologist. It is probably also the reason that they had training cages "It only took the bears two hours to figure it out..."

[ETM]
06-12-2008, 10:04 PM
That actually makes a whole lot of sense.

number8
06-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I didn't even realize that Ben appearing out of nowhere was right after wheel-turning. Huh.

Morris Schæffer
06-13-2008, 11:57 AM

It makes sense because the crank is in a cold place, a perfect environment for polarbears. Also, it seems that after using the crank Ben ended up in the same place in which a polar bear skeleton was dug up by the archeologist. It is probably also the reason that they had training cages "It only took the bears two hours to figure it out..."

Interesting. I would be impressed if the writers included an entirely "random" polar bear in season one knowing then (2004) that it was always used for turning the wheel in season four. I've always felt that the makers had a "making-this-up-as-we-go" philosophy for a good chunk of the show to ensure some kind of consistency between episodes and especially seasons. It would be nice to know they had this one all mapped out from the start. I doubt it however.

Dukefrukem
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
are any of you guys pissed about all the lies that we were fed about possible senarios?

Dukefrukem
06-13-2008, 05:02 PM

I like it;

but im more intrigued by:

why the fuck is there ice and shit below the island? and how the fuck do you move an island? fuck !

Thirdmango
06-13-2008, 09:45 PM
are any of you guys pissed about all the lies that we were fed about possible senarios?

Though I'm not exactly sure what you're specifically talking about, I love it when they lie to cover up cool stuff. Make you think one thing will happen then when something else does you're pleasantly surprised.

Dead & Messed Up
06-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Interesting. I would be impressed if the writers included an entirely "random" polar bear in season one knowing then (2004) that it was always used for turning the wheel in season four. I've always felt that the makers had a "making-this-up-as-we-go" philosophy for a good chunk of the show to ensure some kind of consistency between episodes and especially seasons. It would be nice to know they had this one all mapped out from the start. I doubt it however.

There's also somewhere in between, where you start out with an overall idea, and sometimes details make interesting connections. Others don't go much of anywhere. I suspect that's how it is with the Lost writers. They have overall stories, but they weren't sure how Michael was going to come back, and they weren't sure how involved the Tailies would end up being (only one - Bernard - has survived, and his role is very minimal).

One recent example of how this doesn't work is the

Locke episode where we learn that the Others have been after him for years - since he was a child, in fact. After four seasons of no hint of any kind, suddenly the Others have always been a pivotal force in his life.

One example of where this does work is the

Orchid station, which has been hinted at for some time, and whose mythos was building since the first introduction of hatches on the Island.

You win some, you lose some. But I think it's better than overly plotting a story, which doesn't allow for genuine surprises (when it shocks the writers, you know it'll shock the viewers).

Henry Gale
06-14-2008, 05:12 AM
One recent example of how this doesn't work is the

Locke episode where we learn that the Others have been after him for years - since he was a child, in fact. After four seasons of no hint of any kind, suddenly the Others have always been a pivotal force in his life.

Actually, I can think of a couple instances where this was hinted at before. One of which was in the second season when Ben (at this point still a prisoner in the hatch) tells Locke that the reason he got caught in the net was that he was looking for him and that puts John into a state of shock and disbelief. I think it was in the episode Michael came back and went on his little spree to free him.

But I would agree that they probably only realized more recently that they really wanted it to be an important idea in the show.

Morris Schæffer
06-14-2008, 09:07 AM
But I think it's better than overly plotting a story, which doesn't allow for genuine surprises (when it shocks the writers, you know it'll shock the viewers).

I'm not sure if I subscribe to this opinion dude. I'd reckon there would be more consistency when something is completely mapped out, but I guess I kinda understand how this is difficult for a show such as Lost (or 24). And I can live with that.

Dukefrukem
06-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Though I'm not exactly sure what you're specifically talking about, I love it when they lie to cover up cool stuff. Make you think one thing will happen then when something else does you're pleasantly surprised.

Well, i was addicted to Lost since the pilot... and i made an incredible document outlining the first two seasons and facts and possible scenarios...

i found an interview in TV guide after the first season about possible explanations and two of them was:

is time travel involved?

and their answer was exactly this:

Henry Gale
06-16-2008, 04:44 PM
is time travel involved?

and their answer was exactly this:

That's definitely a quote I've seen come up a lot on fan sites since they said it. You can look at it as they didn't know that they were going to have anything involving time travel over the course of the show (which is somewhat understandable) or they just didn't want to say "Yes, time travel will be a big factor in later seasons".

All I know is that at this point, I think they've done enough to prove they aren't just making it up all along, or even if they are that they are more than capable enough to make it look like they know what they're doing.

[ETM]
06-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Time travel is theoretically possible, and physics deals with it. It's not exactly magic, just very highly unlikely.

Dukefrukem
06-16-2008, 05:59 PM
;73494']Time travel is theoretically possible, and physics deals with it. It's not exactly magic, just very highly unlikely.

That's fine but they clearly say that there is not time warp.

When you say something isn't a possibility and three years later it most certainly is a possibility, it takes all the fun out of guessing now because you never know when they are going to do a 180 again.

Kurosawa Fan
06-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't get what people want from the creators of Lost. Do you want to know what happens in the upcoming seasons? What's the point of watching? This isn't directed at you personally Duke, but so many Lost fans beg for answers. If I were the creators and were asked these questions in every interview, I'd purposely mislead people too. Why would you want to know what happens? The show would be much less interesting if they gave you the answers to the mysteries beforehand. That's part of the fun. Anyone who takes everything these guys say as fact in these interviews is ridiculous.

MadMan
06-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I don't get what people want from the creators of Lost. Do you want to know what happens in the upcoming seasons? What's the point of watching? This isn't directed at you personally Duke, but so many Lost fans beg for answers. If I were the creators and were asked these questions in every interview, I'd purposely mislead people too. Why would you want to know what happens? The show would be much less interesting if they gave you the answers to the mysteries beforehand. That's part of the fun. Anyone who takes everything these guys say as fact in these interviews is ridiculous.Pretty much my thoughts exactly. And since I'm all about the journey being more satisfying than the destination, I am fairly incapable of understanding those who complain that we aren't getting answers fast enough, or getting answers at all. But then part of me still thinks that the show may not end with a satisfying conclusion, and strangely enough that may be fine with me. Considering that I long got over the crappy series finales to Seinfeld and The X-Files.

Dukefrukem
06-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I don't get what people want from the creators of Lost. Do you want to know what happens in the upcoming seasons? What's the point of watching? This isn't directed at you personally Duke, but so many Lost fans beg for answers. If I were the creators and were asked these questions in every interview, I'd purposely mislead people too. Why would you want to know what happens? The show would be much less interesting if they gave you the answers to the mysteries beforehand. That's part of the fun. Anyone who takes everything these guys say as fact in these interviews is ridiculous.

It's frustrating. The third (and worst) season in particular where the episodes were dragged out with more and more questions with zero answers... That season was clearly made to suck us in so they could extend their show numbers and gain money for advertising. Fine, if they don't want to tell us specific answers, but don't lie in an interview and then change your mind four seasons in. I was part of a Lost forum where we would go through theories after each episode based on what we watched and what the creators tell us. Now all that work was for nothing, and I don't even follow the show live anymore. I'm not asking for answers now, I'm asking for consistency. And they even told us they know how the show is going to end... It's hard to believe that now when they lied about time travel.

number8
06-16-2008, 11:26 PM
That's kind of your own fault. The way I see it, I take creators words into account only on past episodes, to clarify certain things that may have been lost in translation on the show. When it's about future outcomes, anything's possible, because I know how flimsy television production can be. You have to be ready to meet network approvals, shifting schedules, similar ideas on competing shows, fan reaction, and even change of staff. People buy into this "We've got it planned" line all the time, and it's always bullshit, because even the writers shouldn't know for sure where a show would go. Television is organic like that. Cuse and Lindelof have admitted to experimenting and not knowing how certain elements would succeed (they conceded that Niki and Paulo were terrible additions--obviously they didn't realize that when they introduced them). It's all part of television entertainment. You can't look at it like it's all neatly structured like a movie. That's flat-out impossible.

With that said, they were referring specifically about the first season in that quote, and it's true: there was no time travel or any evidence of time travel there. The big speculation once was that they landed either far in the past or far in the future. Both are obviously not true. The fact that they played with time travel later on in Season 3 with Desmond changed that, and so what? We already know that it doesn't change the survivors' situation. It's a different story if in Season 4 the Oceanic 6 go home and it's 1977 and Hurley goes to see Star Wars opening night. Then that would be a cop out.

Kurosawa Fan
06-17-2008, 03:30 AM
It's frustrating. The third (and worst) season in particular where the episodes were dragged out with more and more questions with zero answers... That season was clearly made to suck us in so they could extend their show numbers and gain money for advertising. Fine, if they don't want to tell us specific answers, but don't lie in an interview and then change your mind four seasons in. I was part of a Lost forum where we would go through theories after each episode based on what we watched and what the creators tell us. Now all that work was for nothing, and I don't even follow the show live anymore. I'm not asking for answers now, I'm asking for consistency. And they even told us they know how the show is going to end... It's hard to believe that now when they lied about time travel.

I agree that they delayed answers for too long for a bit there, but being upset about them lying is a bit ridiculous. If they're asked in an interview if the mystery of the island has to do with time travel, which is a popular internet theory, what are they supposed to say? If they confirm it, it ends the suspense and kills a lot of the shows momentum. If they lie, fans get upset because they keep lying about things. If they plead the fifth, fans get upset because they aren't giving them any hints, and start blasting them for "making it up as they go along". They literally can't win. I say lie, and lie big. Keep people way off balance. Lie about everything. That way nobody but those involved in the show knows what the hell is going on.

Dukefrukem
06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree that they delayed answers for too long for a bit there, but being upset about them lying is a bit ridiculous. If they're asked in an interview if the mystery of the island has to do with time travel, which is a popular internet theory, what are they supposed to say? If they confirm it, it ends the suspense and kills a lot of the shows momentum. If they lie, fans get upset because they keep lying about things. If they plead the fifth, fans get upset because they aren't giving them any hints, and start blasting them for "making it up as they go along". They literally can't win. I say lie, and lie big. Keep people way off balance. Lie about everything. That way nobody but those involved in the show knows what the hell is going on.

Put it this way... I work for a company that specialized in major motion picture post production, we have big time editors, directors and producers come to our company all the time to give presentations about how they use our technology, and what they like and dislike about it We've had several editors of Lost come in and at the end of the presentation they have a Q & A. Needless to say there was a lot of questions about the story of lost and every time they come in and every time they get asked a question, its always "no comment" or "if i tell you i have to kill you". it ends there. No big deal.

Kurosawa Fan
06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Put it this way... I work for a company that specialized in major motion picture post production, we have big time editors, directors and producers come to our company all the time to give presentations about how they use our technology, and what they like and dislike about it We've had several editors of Lost come in and at the end of the presentation they have a Q & A. Needless to say there was a lot of questions about the story of lost and every time they come in and every time they get asked a question, its always "no comment" or "if i tell you i have to kill you". it ends there. No big deal.

The public isn't rational. You're forgetting that. It plays into the "they aren't giving us any answers" complaint. This isn't some Q & A session with colleagues, it's magazine articles and TV interviews. The public wants juicy scoops, and every time the producers step up and say "we're not talking about it, so stop asking", the fans feel put off and complain about a lack of hints. Like I said, they lose no matter what they do. I prefer lying to throw me off the scent.

Dukefrukem
06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
The public isn't rational. You're forgetting that. It plays into the "they aren't giving us any answers" complaint. This isn't some Q & A session with colleagues, it's magazine articles and TV interviews. The public wants juicy scoops, and every time the producers step up and say "we're not talking about it, so stop asking", the fans feel put off and complain about a lack of hints. Like I said, they lose no matter what they do. I prefer lying to throw me off the scent.

Man you're pulling out all stops to defend these guys. But I will agree with this. And to answer your post before, what am I expecting? Hell Yes I'm expecting some answers. I don't watch the show to be fed questions all the time. And i think after this season, we have more questions than answers right now. Just a few off the top of my head;

1. How the fuck do you move an island?
2. How does Loche die?
3. How the fuck did Desmond jump in between time periods?
4. How the fuck did Desmond predict the future earlier in the season?
5. Where does the island go?
6. What is the fucking monster?
7. Why did Hurley said he was playing with Eko?
8. Why do they have to go back to the island?
9. Why is their a cold region on a tropical island?
10. Is the island a fucking spaceship?

Kurosawa Fan
06-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Man you're pulling out all stops to defend these guys. But I will agree with this. And to answer your post before, what am I expecting? Hell Yes I'm expecting some answers. I don't watch the show to be fed questions all the time. And i think after this season, we have more questions than answers right now. Just a few off the top of my head;

1. How the fuck do you move an island?
2. How does Loche die?
5. Where does the island go?
8. Why do they have to go back to the island?
9. Why is their a cold region on a tropical island?
10. Is the island a fucking spaceship?

I want answers too. Just not in an interview. I want it on the show. And I don't need answers to everything. Just the important stuff. With an island like that, I doubt there's no one person who knows all of that stuff. Some of it just is, and that's okay.

number8
06-17-2008, 06:04 PM

Do these really need answers? He got hit by a giant electromagnetic pulse and got time travel superpowers. Nothing out of the ordinary for a supernatural sci-fi show.

Granted we still don't know what it's made of or how it came to be, the mystery surrounding this has ceased for me. We already know that it's a smoke monster controlled by the Others as a defense mechanism. Frankly the monster is one of the least interesting questions on the show right now.

Hurley sees ghosts and he was playing with one. Eh. I don't think there's any significance to this... is there?

MadMan
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Season 3 was the worst season of the show? Heh, I don't think so. Season 2 was and even that receives an A- from me. Although I will admit Season 2 is due for a rewatch, and I think it suffered heavily from that long ass break that took place between episodes during its run.

Dukefrukem
06-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Do these really need answers? He got hit by a giant electromagnetic pulse and got time travel superpowers. Nothing out of the ordinary for a supernatural sci-fi show.

Granted we still don't know what it's made of or how it came to be, the mystery surrounding this has ceased for me. We already know that it's a smoke monster controlled by the Others as a defense mechanism. Frankly the monster is one of the least interesting questions on the show right now.

Hurley sees ghosts and he was playing with one. Eh. I don't think there's any significance to this... is there?

So you're the kind of viewer that just accepts this and doesn't ask why. That's fine. I want to know why. Maybe each member has something supernatural about them?

Dukefrukem
06-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Season 3 was the worst season of the show? Heh, I don't think so. Season 2 was and even that receives an A- from me. Although I will admit Season 2 is due for a rewatch, and I think it suffered heavily from that long ass break that took place between episodes during its run.

Season 2 opened with a BANG! We got down inside the hatch, met Desmond, Michael and Walt were on the raft, we meet the OTHERS for the first time, how can Season 2 be the worst? Season 3 was the season that felt like took place entirely on Ben's camp, with Sawyer, Jack and Kate locked up, and those episodes dragged on and on .... then with Ben's surgery, and the 2nd island... god that season was bad.

edit: read my summary on season 2 here (http://match-cut.org/showthread.php?p=33550#post335 50). that season was awesome.

Thirdmango
06-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Now I agree that the first six episodes of season 3 were the worst, but as a whole season 2 was the worst. Season 3 after the break was awesome and was where I felt the show was finally finding what it wanted to do.

Dukefrukem
06-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Now I agree that the first six episodes of season 3 were the worst, but as a whole season 2 was the worst. Season 3 after the break was awesome and was where I felt the show was finally finding what it wanted to do.

Without season 2, Lost would barely exist. It setup so much of what we have now. How can season 2 be the worst? I do agree with the 2nd half of season 3 picking it back up tho.

Saya
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Random observation from Lost.

I watched the last episodes, Live Together, Die Alone, of season 2 today and there is a very weird scene in it that made me laugh. I'm talking about (I'll spoiler tag it just in case)

the scene in which Sayid, Sun and Jin are traveling by boat to the north side of the island to find out where the Others have their camp and to set up a trap to ambush them. When they get near that area Sayid notices there is a huge foot on the rock, which was probably part of a huge statue. He then says that he doesn't know what disturbs him more, the fact that the rest of the statue is missing or that the foot has only four toes.

I got curious about it and tried to find stuff about it on the internet. Then I found this (http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/03/20/abc-says-that-four-toed-lost-statue-was-too-weird/). This was too weird? :lol:

number8
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I got to wondering... is it that outrageous to fans if the show is meant to have a surrealist streak? That not everything on the island is based on science fiction or logic?

I've sort of accepted the fact that they like to throw in curveballs every now on then for atmosphere's sake and not as a "mystery to explain later". I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as the surreal images themselves were compelling. The four-toed statue reflected that "WTF are we going to stumble into?" moment of the scene perfectly, and I don't think it's even necessary to link it to the mystery of the island. I'm fine with it just being there... maybe as a lost work of art from years ago, with no other significance. The purpose was already served.

Saya
07-03-2008, 08:35 AM
I've sort of accepted the fact that they like to throw in curveballs every now on then for atmosphere's sake and not as a "mystery to explain later".

I agree and feel the same way about this. It has become part of the charm and show itself. But I have to admit that at first I really wanted everything explained to me. Now it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I just enjoy the show for what it is.

Dead & Messed Up
07-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I always figured it was self-explanatory. The Island had been around for a very, very long time.

And a toe probably fell off.

Ezee E
09-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Is it just me or does Sayid always decide that its time for a break when on a long hike?

Ezee E
09-08-2008, 04:51 AM
And while I am behind on things, Season 3 is pretty damn great.