PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30

Ezee E
04-13-2013, 05:41 PM
If LeBron gets three in Miami, it would be insane for him to leave.

Robby P
04-13-2013, 06:58 PM
After the 2014 season Wade will be 33 and along with Bosh will be taking up 40MM of cap space. It makes much more sense for LeBron to join a younger team with more cap room and he would get to renegotiate his contract in the process. Cleveland seems like the most logical destination, ironically enough.

chrisnu
04-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Relax, I'm sure there are Knicks fans can relate too. D'ants effectively destroyed Amare's chance at longevity that first half season after he signed with NY.
He did the same thing with Jeremy Lin last season. That ended with knee surgery. Three years in a row now it's happened.

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 19m
Gary Vitti on Kobe's MRI: "There are no good Achilles tendon ruptures. Third-degree rupture. It’s gone. It has to be sewn back together."

MadMan
04-14-2013, 09:33 AM
After the 2014 season Wade will be 33 and along with Bosh will be taking up 40MM of cap space. It makes much more sense for LeBron to join a younger team with more cap room and he would get to renegotiate his contract in the process. Cleveland seems like the most logical destination, ironically enough.Lebron with Irving would be sick. They would probably be good enough together to finally bring Cleveland that title. Which would be fitting considering how much the Cavs fanbase hates Lebron right now.

Also I dread the thought of Lebron in a Lakers jersey. And I agree with Eyes that resigning Howard is a bad idea for the Lakers. He's just not able to handle being the next guy in a big market city. He is not Shaq.

shaun
04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Knicks lock up the 2 seed for the first time since 1994. Weeee.

chrisnu
04-16-2013, 08:37 PM
So Stephen Jackson was complaining about his role on the Spurs team. They cut him and have now signed Tracy McGrady. Also, the Knicks have signed.. Quentin Richardson? WTF? And Stephen Curry is two three-pointers away from setting the all-time single season record. Ray Allen set the current record in 2005-06 with 269. Dennis Scott is now third with 267 during the 1995-96 season.

shaun
04-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Carmelo has no need to play tonight so I think Durant needs something like 75 points to win the scoring title.

e: It's 70.

MadMan
04-17-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm gearing up for tonight's Jazz-Grizzlies game. I'm hoping that since Memphis has clinched the 5th seed they rest starters. I really wish it was a home game for Utah tonight.

Derek
04-18-2013, 05:32 AM
During the Lakers 5-game "win" streak, they have had 51 more whistles go their way than their opponents. 132-81. This is not free throws attempted, but FOULS CALLED. Absolutely mind-boggling.

chrisnu
04-18-2013, 08:10 AM
It's not gonna matter, they're going to get squashed by the Spurs.

It's certainly going to be better for ratings. Lakers/Spurs are an old rivalry, and James Harden gets to take on his old team.

Congrats Stephen Curry on setting the record for most threes made in a single season.

chrisnu
04-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Playoff predix:

West

OKC > Houston
San Antonio > LA Lakers
Denver > Golden State (that could go either way)
LA Clippers > Memphis

OKC > LA Clippers
San Antonio > Denver

OKC > San Antonio

East

Miami > Milwaukee
New York > Boston
Indiana > Atlanta
Brooklyn > Chicago

Miami > Brooklyn
New York > Indiana

Miami > New York

NBA Finals

Miami > OKC (again)

EyesWideOpen
04-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Playoff predix:

West

OKC > Houston
San Antonio > LA Lakers
Denver > Golden State
Memphis > LA Clippers

OKC > Memphis
Denver > San Antonio

OKC > Denver

East

Miami > Milwaukee
New York > Boston
Indiana > Atlanta
Brooklyn > Chicago

Miami > Brooklyn
New York > Indiana

Miami > New York

NBA Finals

Miami > OKC (again)

Robby P
04-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Spurs over the Heat in 6.

shaun
04-18-2013, 02:00 PM
EC Finals
Heat over Knicks

WC Finals
Spurs over Thunder

Finals
Heat over Spurs

chrisnu
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
The Cavs have fired Byron Scott. I'm not a big fan of Scott's coaching, but blaming him when they've been deliberately tanking is a cheap way of saving face.

The Pistons fired Lawrence Frank, who reportedly wanted to be fired if they didn't pick up his option for the 2014-15 season. I don't see him coaching in the NBA next year.

Doug Collins has resigned as coach of the 76ers. He never stays in the same place long. Time to move on, I guess.

Robby P
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
In Collins' defense he got an awfully raw deal.

Ezee E
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Just thankful the Nuggets didn't draw the Lakers...

If Faried is back for round two, I could see them facing the Thunder for the Conference Finals.

DavidSeven
04-18-2013, 11:08 PM
I cannot believe the Nuggets won 57 games with that roster. George Karl should absolutely win coach of the year. Hard to believe he's never won it before. Getting the most out of young rosters without legit superstars seems to be his M.O. Done it consistently throughout his career.

shaun
04-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Mike Brown supposedly heading back to the Cavs.

EyesWideOpen
04-19-2013, 12:50 AM
I cannot believe the Nuggets won 57 games with that roster. George Karl should absolutely win coach of the year. Hard to believe he's never won it before. Getting the most out of young rosters without legit superstars seems to be his M.O. Done it consistently throughout his career.

The Nuggets have a stacked roster not really sure why it would be unbelievable.

DavidSeven
04-19-2013, 01:01 AM
The Nuggets have a stacked roster not really sure why it would be unbelievable.

0 All-Stars. Only other West playoff team without one is Golden State, but Curry and Lee are better than anyone on Denver's roster. Depth usually doesn't mean anything in the NBA without top end talent. They win 20-30 something games with D'Antoni as their coach.

EyesWideOpen
04-19-2013, 01:09 AM
0 All-Stars. Only other West playoff team without one is Golden State, but Curry and Lee are better than anyone on Denver's roster. Depth usually doesn't mean anything in the NBA without top end talent. They win 20-30 something games with D'Antoni as their coach.

I don't buy that logic at all. Gallinari, Iguodala and Lawson all could be 20 point a game scorers if they were on a bad team. Andre Miller is one of the most consistent point guards in the league. Faried is a beast. Not to mention Wilson Chandler and McGee who would start on most teams in this league and be the number two or three guys. Brewer and Koufos are also playing great.

Ezee E
04-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Nuggets have three 7-footers, and if you put Lawson or Faried on a large market team, they'd probably be all-stars.

Karl is a mastermind of a coach. There's so many configurations of players on the court, something I rarely see on other teams. When Faried and Lawson were sitting out near the end, it was Brewer and Chandler getting 20 PPG. Galinari doesn't impress me much still. But Koufos. He was relegated to 2 minutes a game on other teams, and he's getting double-doubles in Denver. A lot of that is Karl for sure.

Their tempo is a lot like the Suns a few years ago. Many teams just can't keep up in the second half with them.

DavidSeven
04-19-2013, 07:09 AM
I don't buy that logic at all. Gallinari, Iguodala and Lawson all could be 20 point a game scorers if they were on a bad team. Andre Miller is one of the most consistent point guards in the league. Faried is a beast. Not to mention Wilson Chandler and McGee who would start on most teams in this league and be the number two or three guys. Brewer and Koufos are also playing great.

Igoudala averaged 12.4 ppg for a .500 Sixers team last year while leading them in minutes. He's played on several bad teams in his career and never broken 20 ppg. Good defender, not an elite player.

I agree that Lawson and Gallinari might be able to put up 20 ppg on a lottery team, but 20 ppg on a lottery team ≠ All Star. Lawson wouldn't be a Western Conference All-Star on any other team in the league. He's getting there, though.

Any team with JaVale McGee as their #2 would win < 10 games unless the #1 was Lebron James. Wizards were awful just last year with him as a fifth option. Chandler is in the exact role that suits him. He's not a proper starting #2 or #3. Brewer was a scrub for several years in Minnesota.

Denver certainly has talented players, but they are not "stacked." A lot of these guys are actually scoring more and looking better because of the high octane system that Karl is running. I think they're a 45 win team on paper. It takes a talented team to do that. 57 wins for this group is out of this world.

Ezee E
04-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Faried is a double-double machine wherever he goes.

JaVale is very prone to mistakes, and one of the lazier players around. If it weren't for Andre Miller, he wouldn't be doing a thing.

Benny Profane
04-19-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't buy that logic at all. Gallinari, Iguodala and Lawson all could be 20 point a game scorers if they were on a bad team.

LOL.

Ezee E
04-19-2013, 01:29 PM
They refer to "good Igoudala" and "bad Igoudala" here.

Benny Profane
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
He has a lot of good to very good parts of his game, but scoring isn't one of them, unless it's on a fast break.

Ezee E
04-19-2013, 02:00 PM
He has a lot of good to very good parts of his game, but scoring isn't one of them, unless it's on a fast break.

Love his defense. And fastbreak is what the Nuggets are all about. Check them out during the playoffs Benny. They're pretty fun to watch.

MadMan
04-19-2013, 06:41 PM
West

OKC > Houston
San Antonio > LA Lakers
Denver > Golden State (that could go either way)
LA Clippers > Memphis

OKC > LA Clippers
San Antonio > Denver

OKC > San Antonio

East

Miami > Milwaukee
New York > Boston
Indiana > Atlanta
Brooklyn > Chicago

Miami > Brooklyn
New York > Indiana

Miami > New York

NBA Finals

Miami > OKC (again)

I'm just going to copy chrisnu because sadly the NBA has become that predictable. Now if the Celtics were healthy I could see them giving the Knicks trouble but NY has more talent so no. I want to pick Memphis to upset the Clippers but the Grizzlies just don't have the offense to do so. They beat Utah the other night by forcing turnovers and playing great defense, which is more their MO. I'm waiting to hear people saying they shouldn't have traded Gay after they lose in the first round.

shaun
04-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Only other West playoff team without one is Golden State, but Curry and Lee are better than anyone on Denver's roster. I mean, I can see David Lee as a nice 3rd or 4th option on a team with actual post players but he's seriously among the 5 worst defensive players in basketball. It's horrifying to watch.

I would take Faried over Lee every day.

Gizmo
04-19-2013, 11:55 PM
I hate the NBA, and lately it's seemed to be seriously rigged. Wasn't there a Lakers game not long ago when there were like 82 fouls called on the other team, and 10 on the Lakers or something? So with that in mind, here's my picks based on nothing but trying to garner ratings:

West

OKC > Houston
LA Lakers > San Antonio
Golden Gate > Denver
LA Clippers > Memphis

LA Clippers > OKC
LA Lakers > Denver

LA Lakers > LA Clippers

East

Miami > Milwaukee
New York > Boston
Atlanta > Indiana
Brooklyn > Chicago

Miami > Brooklyn
New York > Atlanta

Miami > New York

NBA Finals

LA Lakers > Miami

chrisnu
04-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Mike Brown supposedly heading back to the Cavs.
His salary would be deducted from what the Lakers owe him, and it would make a LeBron return to Cleveland highly unlikely. I'm all for it.

DavidSeven
04-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Celts really should have done more to woo Ray Allen back. They probably win that game with even a bad Ray Allen game. At minimum, he'd open up the offense. Terry was awful. Has been bad for a month now. Definitely a downgrade and another addition to the list of bad Danny Ainge decisions.

slqrick
04-21-2013, 12:11 AM
yay Knicks, and awesome finish to that Nuggets-Warriors game.

Ezee E
04-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Game 1... Nuggets!

Because of... Andre Miller??? We'll take it.

Damn that Stephen Curry, he's scary.

DavidSeven
04-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Don't know how the Warriors let the oldest guy on the floor abuse them on a last second drive like that. Andre filled it up, though.

shaun
04-21-2013, 01:28 AM
lol the Hawks tanked so they could face Indiana instead of Chicago.

Ezee E
04-21-2013, 04:19 AM
Don't know how the Warriors let the oldest guy on the floor abuse them on a last second drive like that. Andre filled it up, though.

The whole second half really. It blew my mind. Andre typically drives me insane except for some awesome layups to Faried/McGee and the occasional rally.

MadMan
04-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Game 1... Nuggets!

Because of... Andre Miller??? We'll take it.

Damn that Stephen Curry, he's scary.I was surprised myself.

I'll be rooting for the Bucks tomorrow, even though they will get blown out by the Heat anyways. I will get to watch the game, so that's good.

chrisnu
04-21-2013, 06:05 PM
@KBergCBS: David Lee tore his right hip flexor on Saturday and is done for the season, league source says. He had an MRI today.

Well, damn.

MadMan
04-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Well there goes the Warriors playoff hopes. Poor Curry isn't enough to get them past the Nuggets.

shaun
04-22-2013, 05:17 PM
J.R. Smith wins Sixth Man. Yeah.

slqrick
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
J.R. Smith wins Sixth Man. Yeah.

Well deserved. I'm afraid that this is going to get to his head and he's going to start tanking now, though.

Ezee E
04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Well deserved. I'm afraid that this is going to get to his head and he's going to start tanking now, though.

Has he had those games where he'll put up 8 3-pointers, and make 0? Turnover the ball at the dumbest of times? He's incredibly frustrating to watch, because he has the talent to be a star in my opinion, but just has the largest of egos I've seen, possibly ever.

slqrick
04-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Has he had those games where he'll put up 8 3-pointers, and make 0? Turnover the ball at the dumbest of times? He's incredibly frustrating to watch, because he has the talent to be a star in my opinion, but just has the largest of egos I've seen, possibly ever.

He was 1-7 from 3 pt range on Saturday in Game 1, so lol. He's been really great with his shot selection the last two months, though, and he seemed to finally understand that driving the ball was much more beneficial for his game than chucking up contested 23 footers.

JR's the most frustrating player to watch because he clearly has the talent to be an All-Star, but falls in love with his shot too much. Mike Woodson's been a real positive influence on him since he's taken over, though. He'll still have bad games, but surprisingly he's matured a bit.

shaun
04-22-2013, 07:14 PM
To be fair, he really is among the greatest ever at making those ridiculous shots he had no right taking in the first place.

He's infuriating at times and I used to hate him for it, but now...
http://i38.tinypic.com/2zy8kn5.jpg

slqrick
04-22-2013, 07:26 PM
And makes plays like this:

http://theknickswall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/760428691.gif

Robby P
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
"You trying to get the pipe?" is definitely the quote of the year.

shaun
04-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Bobcats fired Mike Dunlop. Jordan will be hiring his 5th head coach in 7 years.

Derek
04-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Nice 3rd, Celtics. Oh well, I'll take the Knicks already looking somewhat beatable as a sign that I won't be completely wasting my time rooting the Pacers next round.

slqrick
04-24-2013, 03:04 AM
Nice 3rd, Celtics. Oh well, I'll take the Knicks already looking somewhat beatable as a sign that I won't be completely wasting my time rooting the Pacers next round.

As opposed to what? They've looked somewhat beatable all year, and haven't played particularly well against the Pacers. Every team outside of Miami in the East is very beatable.

Really happy with the win tonight, good to see the Knicks with a convincing victory. I just cannot see the Celtics just laying down though, I still think this series is going 6.

MadMan
04-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Bobcats fired Mike Dunlop. Jordan will be hiring his 5th head coach in 7 years.Sell the team Jordan. Just admit you don't know what the hell you are doing or that you don't care. The Bobcats are the poster child for getting rid of an NBA team.

Derek
04-24-2013, 03:18 AM
As opposed to what?

As opposed to the team who won 13 straight and looked like they'd cruise to the Conf. Finals. Obviously not saying they ever looked like they could take Miami in a series, but I wasn't expecting them to struggle in both home games in the opening series. Of course, they've looked so good in the second halves that it's all relative I s'pose.

chrisnu
04-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Mike Brown is officially back (http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/he-s-back-cavaliers-set-to-hire-mike-brown-as-coach-1.392136?localLinksEnabled=fal se&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed) as coach of the Cavaliers.

Ezee E
04-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Well, can't stop a team when they shoot like that. Holy hell Warriors. They had three Steph Curry's on court it seemed like.

I guess Danilo being gone is being felt at this point.

MadMan
04-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Mike Brown is officially back (http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/he-s-back-cavaliers-set-to-hire-mike-brown-as-coach-1.392136?localLinksEnabled=fal se&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed) as coach of the Cavaliers.Poor Cleveland fans. He's awful.

shaun
04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
I was going to make a post about the how the Celtics even being in the game had more to do with shooting 65% in the 1st half and how it couldn't possibly hold up; Then the Warriors go all superhuman.

Is Kenyon Martin the best 2 week contract pickup in recent years?

DavidSeven
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Marc Gasol wins Defensive Player of the Year. Interesting choice... Lebron was the runner-up.

Memphis, as a team, was best in points allowed, though. Gasol obviously a big factor in that.

shaun
04-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Ridiculous bench celebrations always crack me up.

http://i.minus.com/iQwpLJlTtY0DR.gif

MadMan
04-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Those type of celebrations are fun. I'm surprised the NBA hasn't tried to ban them yet.

Marc Gasol is one of the best big men in the NBA, so he's quite deserving.

Derek
04-25-2013, 04:52 AM
Those type of celebrations are fun. I'm surprised the NBA hasn't tried to ban them yet.

I'm sure they've determined they're good for ratings and profits, otherwise I'm sure they would have by now.

EyesWideOpen
04-25-2013, 05:28 AM
If Dwight Howard is going to score the same amount of points in each game as Steve Blake the Lakers are really doomed.

shaun
04-25-2013, 02:52 PM
This is interesting. Charles Barkley supposedly in play for a GM job.

@BillSimmons
Barkley's GM desires (and a possible fit in Phoenix, where he lives) is a sneaky-big story. Suns fans HATE the owner.

3 probs: Barkley makes big TV $$$ (Sarver = cheap); Barkley is Turner's most valuable asset by far (sorry Conan); and NBA loves Barkley.

Semi-related: if you made a list of owners that Stern + Silver would love to get rid of, Sarver would be first. Yes, ahead of Sterling.

Phoenix is a valuable market with great fans - the current owner has destroyed basketball there. Suns would fetch 600+ mill on open market.

shaun
04-25-2013, 06:32 PM
This is a shirt that exists. And it buttons all the way up.

http://i3.minus.com/jbvbkmGM651ljD.jpg

slqrick
04-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Majestic as fuck.

ThePlashyBubbler
04-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Is that acceptable?

chrisnu
04-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Steve Blake is out with a partially torn hamstring. Jodie Meeks sat out the last game and is doubtful for the next one. So is Steve Nash. The Lakers now have a guard rotation of Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock, and Chris Duhon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDe_QA22vq0

MadMan
04-26-2013, 03:07 AM
This is interesting. Charles Barkley supposedly in play for a GM job.Yes, yes it is. I would love Barkley as the GM. And I really hate Sarver. If he was forced to sell the team to someone who would actually spend the money necessary to build a contender I would cheer.

I'm sure they've determined they're good for ratings and profits, otherwise I'm sure they would have by now.Heh you are correct. Sorry I got the NBA mixed up with the NFL (No Fun League).

Poor chrisnu and Lakers fans. I wonder if the Lakers would have a chance against the Spurs if Kobe was playing. Probably.

shaun
04-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his knee and is likely out for the remainder of the year according to ESPN Twitter people.

dreamdead
04-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his knee and is likely out for the remainder of the year according to ESPN Twitter people.

If true I guess that means we root for the Spurs so someone in the West can actually challenge Miami, right?

Robby P
04-26-2013, 04:58 PM
That stinks. Was really looking forward to the rematch this year.

Kurosawa Fan
04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Wow. What a shame for Durant and OKC. Any interest I had in the NBA playoffs (which was admittedly almost nil to begin with) is now totally gone.

DavidSeven
04-26-2013, 06:04 PM
The report now is that he could be back within weeks depending on how the surgery goes. Metta World Peace came back 12 days after also having surgery to repair a torn meniscus. I think Durant should be good enough to carry them to at least the conference finals by himself. It will be interesting to see how he plays with the opportunity to dominate the ball for the whole game.

slqrick
04-27-2013, 03:49 AM
lol idiot JR. Otherwise an awesome night.

MadMan
04-27-2013, 03:56 AM
The Nets are losing 2-1 to a Bulls team without Derek Rose. I'm still bitter about D-Williams being responsible for Sloan retiring/quitting, so I'm rooting for them to lose hard.

Also that's really shitty about the Thunder. I wanted them to make it back to the Finals and beat the Heat. Looks like it will be Spurs-Heat now, with Lebron getting a chance at revenge and Duncan and company getting one more shot at another title. Unless the Grizzlies or Clippers step up, heh....

PS: Am I crazy for thinking that if the Grizzlies make it to the NBA Finals somehow they could beat the Heat? They have the big men and the defense to do it I think, plus the coaching....

chrisnu
04-27-2013, 06:46 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377189_604778896199956_1404736 36_n.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iszjfSQDWWRd4.gif

Derek
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
http://i.minus.com/iszjfSQDWWRd4.gif

:lol:

That smile will haunt Dwight in the off-season. It is the only smile that's powerful enough to get someone kicked out of an NBA game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOygTd1NWCM

Gizmo
04-27-2013, 04:15 PM
that is why i can't stand the nba

Acapelli
04-27-2013, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in-W5OuCmS4

the best

dreamdead
04-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Holy shit, Chicago. You got this!

slqrick
04-27-2013, 11:34 PM
lol PJ. Good job on getting yourself fired with your coaching these last couple of games.

shaun
04-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Jeremy Lin is pretty bad and should not be starting over Beverly.

Ezee E
04-28-2013, 03:47 AM
Nuggets are down 2-1. I guess Galinari is more important then I thought.

:sigh:

MadMan
04-28-2013, 05:47 PM
I wish I had seen that 3 OT game. Holy hell Nate Robinson went off.

MadMan
04-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Nuggets are down 2-1. I guess Galinari is more important then I thought.

:sigh:I guess so. The Warriors lost Lee but with Curry running the offense it hasn't mattered so far.

EyesWideOpen
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Raymond Felton almost pulled out that game for them but too much forcing with Carmelo blew it.

shaun
04-29-2013, 12:18 AM
If JR Smith wasn't an idiot by getting himself suspended, Melo doesn't force as many shots and I think they win fairly easily. I liked the comeback though. Hopefully they close it out at home on Wednesday.

Someone get Prigioni off the court please.

chrisnu
04-29-2013, 06:25 AM
I'm glad this nightmare of a Lakers season is finally over. I guess I'm rooting for the Warriors now.

Off-season agenda for the Lakers:

1) Re-sign Dwight
2) Trade Pau
3) Amnesty Metta

I'm also hoping this was the last game in a Lakers uniform for the entire bench other than Steve Blake, Jordan Hill, and (maybe) Earl Clark.

I wouldn't want Old Man Nash back if he weren't under contract.

Robby P
04-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Who would've thought at the start of the year that in an elimination playoff game the Lakers would give Chris Duhon, Darius Morris, Earl Clark and Andrew Goudelock 30 plus minutes of run?

Benny Profane
04-29-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm glad this nightmare of a Lakers season is finally over. I guess I'm rooting for the Warriors now.

1) Re-sign Dwight
2) Trade Pau
3) Amnesty Metta

I'm also hoping this was the last game in a Lakers uniform for the entire bench other than Steve Blake, Jordan Hill, and (maybe) Earl Clark.

I wouldn't want Old Man Nash back if he weren't under contract.

Firing that slug D'Antoni should be the first order of business.

shaun
04-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Jason Collins coming out is probably going to be overshadowed by Tebow, but it deserves mention.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJBz_zICEAAoQLM.jpg

Dukefrukem
04-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Good for him.

Maybe that will help the NFL players that are on the fence.

shaun
04-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Heh.

@WojYahooNBA
The NBA committees have voted no to relocation of Kings to Seattle, sources tell Y! Sports.

slqrick
04-29-2013, 09:08 PM
lol Chris Broussard (http://deadspin.com/espns-chris-broussard-says-being-gay-is-an-open-rebel-484708467). I guess NBA is lucky they pushed him off NBA Countdown before the season.

DavidSeven
04-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Heh.

@WojYahooNBA
The NBA committees have voted no to relocation of Kings to Seattle, sources tell Y! Sports.

I wish I could say I was at all surprised by this.

Kings attendance ranks in the past 5 years:
2012-2013 - 30th (LAST)
2011-2012 - 27th
2010-2011 - 29th
2009-2010 - 29th
2008-2009 - 30th (LAST)

The Sonics had approximately 95% attendance capacity in Key Arena in the years leading up to 2008. The new ownership group was offering probably $200 million more than the team was worth.

But OK, whatever. Would have sucked to take another city's team anyway. Basketball is probably done in Seattle.

chrisnu
04-29-2013, 10:33 PM
lol Chris Broussard (http://deadspin.com/espns-chris-broussard-says-being-gay-is-an-open-rebel-484708467). I guess NBA is lucky they pushed him off NBA Countdown before the season.
I hope he gets fired.

EyesWideOpen
04-30-2013, 03:20 AM
I completely disagree with his beliefs but I don't understand why him stating them means he should get fired.

MadMan
04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
I completely disagree with his beliefs but I don't understand why him stating them means he should get fired.If he stated racist comments people would be calling for his head, but I guess that hating gays is okay right? LOL.

1) Re-sign Dwight
2) Trade Pau
3) Amnesty Metta

I wouldn't want Old Man Nash back if he weren't under contract.That Lakers should have traded Pau last season. It might be too late now.

Oh and hey guys reminder when I said that D'Antoni was a terrible hire for the Lakers and that the defense would suck? You know I wouldn't keep bring it up Duke style except that too many posters in this thread jumped all over me for saying such a thing. I'm not going to forget it because I watched the Suns during his coaching stint with them and he failed to preach defense and refused to use the bench too. JUST LIKE WITH THE LAKERS. Okay I'm done now noting it. Finally. I um just don't forget when people bash my opinion as if I don't know anything about basketball...

Firing that slug D'Antoni should be the first order of business.YEP. He's a terrible coach. But I hate the Lakers so I will laugh when he's re-hired. I think that LA will be dumb and bring back Dwight with D'Fail as coach and with a banged up Kobe next season will be a disaster.

Since I still have a soft spot for the Kings I'm kind of glad they are going to stay despite their owners being complete and utter morons. Sell the team to competent management and I bet that Sacramento ends up making the playoffs in two or three seasons.

Oh and the Thunder don't lose tonight if a certain PG isn't hurt. I still expect OK City to advance to the second round soon.

EyesWideOpen
04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
If he stated racist comments people would be calling for his head, but I guess that hating gays is okay right? LOL.

He never said he hated gays. His religion considers homosexuality a sin so he follows that stance. In the article that was linked in the other post Broussard even says he is friends (and basketball league teammates) with openly gay correspondent LZ Granderson and they have had multiple discussions on the topic.

Spinal
04-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Chris Berman Loudly Weighs In On Jason Collins Story (http://www.theonion.com/articles/chris-berman-loudly-weighs-in-on-jason-collins-sto,32258/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default)

“Ah!” screamed SportsCenter viewer David Nichols, putting his hands over his ruptured eardrums as Berman thunderously bellowed about Collins becoming the first openly gay NBA player. “What? Hello? Oh my God, I can’t hear my voice! I can’t hear my voice!”

Acapelli
04-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I completely disagree with his beliefs but I don't understand why him stating them means he should get fired.
yeah he definitely shouldn't get fired

this is all on espn. they knew what broussard would say before they put him on the air and just wanted to manufacture some controversy to get some eyes back on them since collins went to si with the exclusive

Robby P
04-30-2013, 06:11 PM
I'd rather Broussard was fired for being terrible at his job but I'm okay with him getting sacked for being a bigoted douchebag instead.

Gizmo
05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Heh (http://www.theonion.com/articles/heat-surprised-it-took-4-games-to-beat-bucks,32285/)

dreamdead
05-02-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm optimistic that the Grizz can close out their second first-round match in the the past decade tonight. That team is just gonna physically wear down their next opponent, unlike LAC, so few things would please me more than Memphis delivering. Gasol is so good.

Hinrich sitting out more games means Nate Robinson trading baskets with Williams. That's unlikely to help the Bulls get out of the first round. Sucks that this team tries so hard but that they don't trust a more capable back-up (Jeff Teague's brother) at point guard this season.

Ezee E
05-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Ugh.

MadMan
05-03-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm rooting for the Grizzlies at this point, which means they'll probably fail knowing my luck with NBA basketball. The Bulls-Nets series is pretty good, too. I don't know if I care about the other ones still going on. Too bad about the Nuggets, Ezee.

shaun
05-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Thought this was funny. Simmons is always bitching about Salvatore and his supposed anti-Celtics bias.

chrisnu
05-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Derek Fisher and Kevin Martin Double Flop (http://deadspin.com/the-thunder-successfully-executed-the-rare-double-flop-487107179?autoplay=1)

dreamdead
05-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Derek Fisher and Kevin Martin Double Flop (http://deadspin.com/the-thunder-successfully-executed-the-rare-double-flop-487107179?autoplay=1)

I can't believe that the refs didn't just sit there and swallow their whistles in marvel at the utter theatrical maneuver that the Thunder players performed. Sarah and I just giggled when it happened in real time. The refs' calling that double flop as legit looks even worse two days later.

This series has really taken away a lot of the joy that I used to have watching the Thunder. I doubt that the Rockets pull out tonight's game, but I'm really rooting for it.

Acapelli
05-03-2013, 08:55 PM
looks like the right call to me

shaun
05-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Lead league in PER, WS, WS/48. Lebron is ridiculous and is probably in line for at least 2-3 more MVPs.

DavidSeven
05-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Lead league in PER, WS, WS/48. Lebron is ridiculous and is probably in line for at least 2-3 more MVPs.

Other four-time MVP winners: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (six), Michael Jordan (five), Bill Russell (five) and Wilt Chamberlain (four).

Deserves to be in that class, especially after this season. Best of this generation by miles and miles.

slqrick
05-04-2013, 02:08 AM
lol jesus the Knicks are awful. First playoff series win in so long, and over the Celtics, and it feels like complete shit.

shaun
05-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Screw that. That was amazing and I'm giddy. First playoff series win in 4731 days.

EyesWideOpen
05-04-2013, 05:00 AM
The only team in the playoffs that I hate has lost. Everything is smooth sailing from now on.

MadMan
05-04-2013, 05:56 AM
I'm just rooting for the Grizzlies even though its highly likely that the Spurs will end up coming out of the West. The Thunder even though they beat the Rockets just aren't the same team without Westbrook.

chrisnu
05-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I would not be surprised if Vinny Del Negro is fired soon.

I hope the Pacers/Knicks match-up will become the stuff of legend.

dreamdead
05-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Bulls!

I am now making peace with the fact that they'll be swept by the Heat. Hope Hinrich and Deng get somewhere close to healthy to make the series interesting. The seat's about to get really hot on D-Rose to play now.

Acapelli
05-05-2013, 02:59 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2577319/ballsinelli.gif

chrisnu
05-05-2013, 04:37 AM
Avery Johnson Jr. ‏@itsaveryjohnson 4m

NETS GO DOWN!!!! ALL YOU HATERS THINK MY DAD COULDN'T COACH THEM!!!! TOO HIGH EXPECTATIONS #HELLO-OFSEASON #GONEFISHIN

shaun
05-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Pretty big rip by Woj on Derrick Rose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--bulls--derrick-rose-needs-to-tell-truth-%E2%80%93-he-s-not-returning-for-this-season-s-playoffs-062255194.html

All around Rose, there's Joakim Noah dragging one good leg across seven games and Nate Robinson heaving into a bucket. All around Rose, there's Kirk Hinrich in a walking boot and Luol Deng fighting to get out of a hospital room and onto the team charter flight.
---
For the good of his franchise and fans, for everyone's focus to be where it should belong now – Bulls-Heat, Game 1 on Monday – Rose needs to drop the illusion that his return in these playoffs remains a consideration.

"Who knows?" Rose told reporters hours on Saturday. "It's still up in the air."

Who knows? Derrick Rose knows. His choice has been made to sit out the season and it includes no provisions for turning back, sources with direct knowledge told Yahoo! Sports. Shumpert tore his ACL on the same day and he just owned Boston in Game 6.

slqrick
05-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Some really intriguing matchups this round.

I think the Knicks collapse and resolve against Boston should help them in this series, and I think they win it in a tough 6 games. Miami is gonna roll over the Bulls, but I'm hoping they get beat up along the way.

OKC against the Grizz is gonna be really interesting with how vulnerable the Thunder have looked. I think Memphis will win it in 7 and have another playoff matchup with the Spurs, barring Durant turning it up a notch and entering LBJ territory. I don't give GSW a shot, but I'm hoping to see Curry drop 50 in one of the games.

shaun
05-05-2013, 04:57 PM
PJ has been let go by the Nets. Who didn't see that coming?

Robby P
05-05-2013, 05:22 PM
It's almost comical how bad Kendrick Perkins is at basketball. Gasol and Randolph are going to eat him alive.

chrisnu
05-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I was hoping Memphis could pull that one out.

LeBron not only has 4 MVP awards, he has 4 in 5 years. The only other player to do that is Bill Russell.

Kurosawa Fan
05-05-2013, 07:56 PM
In fairness, Jordan should have done that. Barkley had no business winning that MVP.

MadMan
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
PJ has been let go by the Nets. Who didn't see that coming?So what was the point of firing Avery Johnson again? LOL Nets.

Poor Memphis. I know that their fans will be arguing that there should have been a goal tending call at the end, but I just don't see it.

Also I'm going with the Pacers over the Knicks. Despite wanting Memphis to win I'll stick with the Thunder since I had them going to the NBA Finals, and of course its going to be Heat over Bulls easily. I think that the Warriors win one game, but that the Spurs will be just too much for Golden State.

shaun
05-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Hibbert is a beast. Refs were atrociously inconsistent on both ends letting the bigs mug whoever they wanted. It's going to be a long series.

Derek
05-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Well, that was awesome. I still think the Knicks win this in 7 unless Melo and Smith's shooting woes keep up, but man, that was a hell of game by the Pacers.

DavidSeven
05-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Bill Simmons is awful on TV. AWFUL. I like Jalen, but why is he the de facto studio host? Add in Magic's non-sensical ramblings, and this might be the worst studio crew ever assembled.

Been thinking this all season, but I had to post this after watching them discuss whether or not Lebron is getting enough TV commercials for the last five minutes. Seriously.

Derek
05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Been thinking this all season, but I had to post this after watching them discuss whether or not Lebron is getting enough TV commercials for the last five minutes. Seriously.

I was just going to say something about that. Who the fuck cares?? Is this really all you have to talk about at the start of the second round of the playoffs? When Sportszone (in LA) with Michael Cooper, the worst Laker-homer ever, and Lisa Leslie is a welcome respite, something is horribly, horribly wrong.

Derek
05-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Hibbert is a beast. Refs were atrociously inconsistent on both ends letting the bigs mug whoever they wanted. It's going to be a long series.

I thought they were atrociously consistent, basically holding their whistles way too often on both ends. Van Gundy was right that it'll be interesting to see how they call those plays throughout the series b/c today's reffing style definitely favors the Pacers.

dreamdead
05-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I was watching as well. It was bewildering, to say the least. Sell the thing we just watched, guys. Come on.

Jalen Rose has something missing in how he initiates conversations. Same with Simmons. BS's style largely works in his writing, but how he and Wilbon didn't try to shift the commercials conversation to something more interesting is just odd. When you're missing the non-entity of a John Saunders, it's depressing.

Watashi
05-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Can't be worse than Shaq and Charles.

shaun
05-05-2013, 10:49 PM
I thought they were atrociously consistent, basically holding their whistles way too often on both ends. Van Gundy was right that it'll be interesting to see how they call those plays throughout the series b/c today's reffing style definitely favors the Pacers.You're right. I suppose it was consistent in that any post player on either team could get away with hammering players in the air, getting charges while moving their feet, etc. Those rules definitely didn't apply to any other player though.

DavidSeven
05-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Can't be worse than Shaq and Charles.

I think TNT's studio show (and NBA coverage, in general) is far superior to ESPN's. Shaq doesn't bring too much to the table, but I enjoy Charles and Kenny. My standards for former players is pretty low, and I still consider Magic terrible at it. Simmons is completely useless on TV. Definitely better suited for writing. I like Jalen, but he's not a host, and I don't know why they insist on making him one, especially with Wilbon sitting right there.

Derek
05-05-2013, 11:13 PM
You're right. I suppose it was consistent in that any post player on either team could get away with hammering players in the air, getting charges while moving their feet, etc. Those rules definitely didn't apply to any other player though.

Ah, that's true. They were calling the game much tighter outside the post. It was pretty funny when Hansbrough got 3 fouls in like a minute, but that was just b/c he was so overmatched by Melo that the refs couldn't ignore those hacks.

slqrick
05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Awful game by Melo. Knicks have no shot if he keeps shooting like that, especially with JR's brickfest today. Tyson looked awful too. At least it's only game 1.

chrisnu
05-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Awful game by Melo. Knicks have no shot if he keeps shooting like that, especially with JR's brickfest today. Tyson looked awful too. At least it's only game 1.

Melo is shooting 35/110 in his last four games. Absolutely horrendous.

Robby P
05-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Apparently Dan LeBatard of the Miami Herald is the only person not to vote James for MVP. Yeah, that makes sense.

slqrick
05-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Apparently Dan LeBatard of the Miami Herald is the only person not to vote James for MVP. Yeah, that makes sense.

I bet he can't wait to use a 10 minute segment on his show discussing his decision. What a joke.

slqrick
05-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Apparently it might not be him, lol. Plot twist.

shaun
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM
LeBatard is awesome. He and Frank Isola just continually troll other media members. Isola wrote this at halftime...

And today's back page of the Post...

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2013/05/06/covers/back050613.jpg

E: The Melo vote was from a Boston Globe guy.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/05/05/yes-voted-carmelo-anthony-for-mvp-and-for-good-reason/Yo08ZgzGaxzlt9KF0JDfqM/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

Ezee E
05-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Has Shaq ever had anything insightful on his show? He's funny at least, but never brings anything with quality.

Barkley's pretty good to me, even if a bit too opinionated.

What I thought was douchey was Reggie Miller doing commentary for the Warriors/Nuggets game, and after it's over, with a shit-eating grin, congratulating Mark Jackson in his locker room.

DavidSeven
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
D. Rose won't play Game 1 vs. Miami. I think I originally thought they should shut him down for the whole year, but honestly, ACL injuries don't seem as career altering as they did a year ago. We've seen amazing recoveries in the NFL, and as shaun alluded to, Shumpert's been playing since January after tearing his ACL on the exact same night. It's really getting harder to see his side when he's been medically cleared for months and his teammates are out there gutting out playoff wins with actual injuries.

slqrick
05-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Holy shit, Bulls. You kidding me?

dreamdead
05-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Jimmy Butler gonna get paid.

shaun
05-07-2013, 02:03 AM
Really impressive effort coupled with a rusty team that hasn't played in a week. Even the Spurs look off so far.

I still think the Heat series is over in 5-6.

Watashi
05-07-2013, 02:05 AM
No way does Rose not come back if the Bulls can push this series to 7.

Robby P
05-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Bulls in 4.

DavidSeven
05-07-2013, 02:51 AM
I hope Rose stays out. Doesn't deserve to overshadow what the Bulls are doing at this point.

MadMan
05-07-2013, 02:56 AM
Nate Robinson is my hero.

Also I love the TNT crew. I can't stand the ABC one at this point. I agree that Bill Simmons is just awful.

Yxklyx
05-07-2013, 03:34 AM
Really impressive effort coupled with a rusty team that hasn't played in a week. Even the Spurs look off so far.

I still think the Heat series is over in 5-6.

These teams split the season series I think. Miami lost only 16 games - 2 to the Bulls. Will be a fun series.

slqrick
05-07-2013, 04:25 AM
What a collapse by the Warriors.

DavidSeven
05-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Devastating loss. I'm not sure if I should blame Richard Jefferson for that loss or Mark Jackson for playing Richard Jefferson. He had a +/- of -14 in 2:43. Two minutes and forty three seconds!

shaun
05-07-2013, 01:34 PM
That was one of the top NBA 10 games I've ever seen.

How about Mark Jackson not even trying to give Steph Curry a rest? You can't play someone 45 minutes in regulation and expect them to have anything left.

Robby P
05-07-2013, 02:22 PM
"I went from wanting to trade him on the spot to wanting to cook breakfast for him tomorrow morning," Popovich said.

Pop is the best.

MadMan
05-07-2013, 07:13 PM
"I went from wanting to trade him on the spot to wanting to cook breakfast for him tomorrow morning," Popovich said.

Pop is the best.That quote is pretty funny.

I was really hoping the Warriors were going pull it out. Oh well...

chrisnu
05-07-2013, 07:14 PM
The league fined Derek Fisher $5,000 for his participation in the double flop. Not enough.

dreamdead
05-07-2013, 08:12 PM
How about Mark Jackson not even trying to give Steph Curry a rest? You can't play someone 45 minutes in regulation and expect them to have anything left.

How do you reconcile this against Tom Thibodeau playing Jimmy Butler for every minute of the past three games? Different because of the role that Butler's being asked to play, or do expect him to collapse due to minutes exhaustion as well? I imagine you're leaning toward the latter, but I'm interested.

I sincerely doubt that $5,000 will prevent players from trying to get rid of others' best players via flops. Far more is needed, especially regarding the real-time reactions by the refs to this kind of contact.

shaun
05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I think it's dangerous playing Butler that many minutes as well, although the difference I suppose would be the MASH unit the Bulls are fielding dictates playing more minutes because they're shorthanded, and obviously Steph Curry's importance to his franchise is far greater than Jimmy Butler. It's a double standard but Curry is just worth more.

Kurosawa Fan
05-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Can Rose come back and be a leader on this team next season? I ask not rhetorically, it's something I've really been considering. If you were on this team all year, gutted it out the way these guys have, and fought like a team while your captain and leader sat on the sidelines in a suit, playing the "maybe, maybe not" game, taking longer than most to come back from an injury in which he received medical clearance two months ago, can you just come back next year and resume your role as the leader of your team, and the franchise? I know his teammates are coming out in his defense, but really, what else are they going to do?

I don't know, if it's me and I'm a member of the Bulls fighting through sickness and injuries to stay on the court and win playoff games and keep my season alive, I lose a lot of respect for Rose, and he'd have to do an awful lot to regain my respect.

shaun
05-07-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure Rose is really the vocal leader type anyways. That seems more like Noah's role.

In Nets news, Phil Jackson says no thanks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--source--phil-jackson-turns-down-nets-232012097.html

Ezee E
05-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Can Phil Jackson just make an announcement that he'll accept no offers, or will only take on a certain team?

MadMan
05-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Can Phil Jackson just make an announcement that he'll accept no offers, or will only take on a certain team?Maybe he enjoys playing some type of sick guessing coaching game? I don't know.

Also I love the anniversary of the classic "Practice" video. AI, never change:

http://youtu.be/eGDBR2L5kzI

shaun
05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Karl gets coach of the year. Thibs finishes 8th.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/08/george-karl-denver-nuggets-named-coach-of-the-year-2013/index.html

chrisnu
05-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I understand Karl winning, but Thibodeau finishing eighth in voting is ridiculous.

MadMan
05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Karl gets coach of the year. Thibs finishes 8th.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/08/george-karl-denver-nuggets-named-coach-of-the-year-2013/index.htmlWell deserved. P.J. Carlesimo getting any votes with him getting fired is kind of amusing.

DavidSeven
05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
I think Thibs is arguably be the best coach in the NBA, but this was a ridiculously strong Coach of the Year field.

Who are you really going to argue with here?

1. George Karl (Denver)
2. Erik Spoelstra (Miami)
3. Mike Woodson (New York)
4. Gregg Popovich (San Antonio)
5. Frank Vogel (Indiana)
6. Lionel Hollins (Memphis)
7. Mark Jackson (Golden State)
8. Tom Thobodeau (Chicago)

I'd probably put Thibs second, but I can't really hate on any of these guys getting strong consideration. Jackson and Spoelstra are the only ones I'm not really sold on as really good coaches, but you can't argue the success they had this year. At least he finished ahead of Del Negro.

Robby P
05-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I'd vote for Spoelstra. He's like the anti-Mike Brown. He's helped design an offense that brings out all of LeBron's best attributes. Very underrated coach, that guy. Doesn't help that he looks like he's 12.

dreamdead
05-08-2013, 08:59 PM
What Robby P said re: the anti-Mike Brown.

Karl is more impressive than Spoelstra because of what he won with. That said, the way that Miami's team is designed is pretty much what every team is trying to emulate going forward. A freak-athlete who can generate open looks for wing players who can defend and shoot the three. I'm interested in seeing how successful Mario Chalmers is once he inevitably bolts that team for more money. I think he could be a top 2-3 player on several teams.

I'm surprised that Kevin McHale didn't rank better, though I wish he'd leaned on Donatas Motiejūnas a bit during the playoffs to give Asik more rest.

DavidSeven
05-08-2013, 09:56 PM
To be fair to Mike Brown, he also coached a Lebron-led team to 66 wins and had way less surrounding talent that year.

Lebron + any 11 NBA guys, by itself, is good for like 55 wins. Makes it hard to evaluate what Brown and Spoelstra were contributing. That being said, can't hate on Spoelstra for getting a bunch of votes this year.

shaun
05-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Shumpin
http://i.imgur.com/DK2awja.gif

Also here's a graphic on how teams performed relative to their Vegas preseason O/U on wins. Houston, Golden State, and the Knicks outperformed the betting public's perception the most. Lakers, Philly, and Boston were the worst.

Charlotte outperformed expectation. :)

http://i.imgur.com/pOgKkcg.png

Lazlo
05-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Charlotte outperformed expectation. :)

Let's go Cats! (?)

chrisnu
05-09-2013, 05:29 AM
Glad that the Warriors gutted out this win.

MadMan
05-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Glad that the Warriors gutted out this win.So am I. Gives me hope they can actually win this series.

And of course the Heat responded the way we all knew they were going to respond. Sorry Bulls....

chrisnu
05-09-2013, 06:05 PM
http://whatdoumeme.com/media/created/43gml7.jpg

dreamdead
05-09-2013, 06:11 PM
I find this article (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/8/4311600/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-injury-luol-deng-doctors) valuable in terms of why one should justify Rose sitting out. Essentially, the Bulls' medical staff has jumped the gun on clearing players like Deng before, much to the chagrin of the players themselves. So why gut out something when you doubt you're fully healthy... I don't appreciate it as a fan, but Ziller's argument makes sense.

shaun
05-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Saw this on Grantland and it was amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQhRklAIqa0

chrisnu
05-12-2013, 05:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9IFJ6vlLMWc

DavidSeven
05-12-2013, 10:26 PM
This Spurs/Warriors series has been so ridiculously entertaining.

slqrick
05-13-2013, 12:34 AM
That was a great game. Really fun series.

Knicks on the other hand...ugh. It's sad/annoying when all of Chuck's year round criticisms are coming to fruition.

MadMan
05-13-2013, 05:59 AM
So is it clear that the Thunder are just screwed without Westbrook? I want the Grizzlies to advance but I don't want to hear about how they did it just because OK City was without their second best player.

Also Jarett Jack was a beast at the end of the forth quarter for the Warriors. They don't even make it to OT and win it in the end without him making a flurry of two pointers down the stretch.

Oh and the Heat-Bulls series is absolutely brutal. I still don't love the NBA but the playoffs sure are fun to watch.

chrisnu
05-13-2013, 11:49 PM
NBA All-Defensive Teams (http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/13/all-defensive-team-official-release/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts):

First Team:

G: Chris Paul
G: Tony Allen
F: LeBron James
F: Serge Ibaka
C: Tyson Chandler
C: Joakim Noah

Second Team

G: Mike Conley
G: Avery Bradley
F: Paul George
F: Tim Duncan
C: Marc Gasol

Second straight year that the Defensive Player of the Year ends up being Second Team All-Defense. I'm gonna haggle with Chandler being First Team. I'd like to know by what metric Chandler "anchored... of the league's stingiest defenses." The Knicks' low PPG allowed was due to slow pace. They ranked 18th in points per 100 possessions.

shaun
05-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah, there's no reason for that even if it was a makeup vote for last year. Chandler had a down year due to injuries.

Knicks were awesome at offensive efficiency, average on defense.

Robby P
05-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Serge Ibaka blocks a lot of shots but I don't think he's a very good post defender. Gasol and Randolph are having their way with him. Larry Sanders is probably the best defensive big in the game right now, at least until Howard's back heals. He's a total snub.

MadMan
05-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Serge Ibaka blocks a lot of shots but I don't think he's a very good post defender. Gasol and Randolph are having their way with him. Larry Sanders is probably the best defensive big in the game right now, at least until Howard's back heals. He's a total snub.Sanders got hosed because he plays for a Bucks team that had the misfortune to run into the Heat in the first round of the playoffs.

shaun
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Well this series is over. Melo is the only one even capable of making a shot.

slqrick
05-15-2013, 01:48 AM
just lol.

Watashi
05-15-2013, 02:57 AM
God, I hope we get a Grizzlies/Pacers Finals.

MadMan
05-15-2013, 04:01 AM
God, I hope we get a Grizzlies/Pacers Finals.So do I. It would be hilarious and David Stern would be pissed because the ratings wouldn't be low. That's why it won't happen. We are probably heading for Spurs-Heat unfortunately.

Ezee E
05-15-2013, 08:27 AM
If one team can beat the Heat, I think it may be the Grizzlies. They're a brutal team.

shaun
05-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Sale and relocation of the Kings was shot down 22-8. Sucks for Seattle.

"We will talk to the Maloofs within the next 24 to 48 hours to see if we can facilitate an agreement between Maloofs and Ranadive group"
"I anticipate that they will come to be open" (in regards to the Maloofs selling)

Stern called the Maloofs bluff about not wanting to sell to anyone but the Seattle group.

DavidSeven
05-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I can't wait for the day when that man is no longer around to kick Seattle in the nuts. This comes down to Stern (and most of the owners) pushing an agenda supporting publically financed arenas. They strong-armed KJ and the city into greenlighting an arena that will mostly be paid for with taxpayer dollars. In Seattle, the proposed ownership group is putting up almost all the money itself. This doesn't really help the "get cities to donate arenas" agenda. WTF are you going to do with a $450 million arena in the middle of Sacramento? All the financial risk is on the city, too, which is probably already broke since it's in California.

More details:

Hansen's group (Seattle) raised the overall valuation of its offer to buy the Kings for a league-record $625 million last week. But sources told ESPN.com that the owners gathered at this specially convened board of governors meeting at the Hilton Anatole voted to reject the sale and proposed relocation of the Kings to Seattle.

The nearly 30-month saga surrounding the Kings' future, however, is not finished, because the league cannot force the Maloof family, which owns the Kings, to sell the team to the consortium assembled by Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson to make sure the franchise stays in the California capital.

MadMan
05-16-2013, 03:32 AM
I want the Kings to stay in Sacramento, however I do think its hilarious and hypocritical that they're blocking the move to Seattle now when they were okay with the Supersonics being stolen from Seattle and moved to Oklahoma City years back.

Oh and the Maloof Family if the Kings stay must be forced to sell the team. The brothers are awful owners and have ruined a once proud franchise.

DavidSeven
05-16-2013, 03:49 AM
David Stern seriously opened his presser about rejecting Seattle's bid for the King's with these words:

"This is going to be short for me. I have a game to get to in Oklahoma City."

Couldn't resist twisting the knife. Stay classy, douche.

chrisnu
05-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Well, OKC lost. Durant shot 5-21.

MadMan
05-16-2013, 10:00 AM
That Memphis defense is nasty. If the Spurs go to the Conference Finals they match up well with the Grizzlies, but I can't see the Warriors being able to do the same. You need big men capable of banging with Randolph and Gasol.

Warriors-Spurs btw has been probably the most entertaining series of the second round btw. I think that Pacers-Heat is going to be really ugly and could go 6, maybe even 7 games.

shaun
05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
This was written by a fan of a team that has existed since 2008 and has been championship caliber since 2009.
Right now, minutes after that loss, what I want to say about the Thunder is this: There was a time in sports when it was easy. When being a fan didn't mean proving your loyalty through suffering but also didn't mean taking the team for granted. When it was just happy — and there were whole seasons, whole years, when following the Thunder was just happy. When you could show up and scream your throat raw and watch the unicycle acrobat catch plates on her forehead at halftime and have T-shirts cannoned at you and most of the time leave feeling good, because even if they lost they'd done at least as well as anyone could have expected. That probably changes now, or if not now then soon, because as soon as you expect to be happy in sports you'll find that it gets harder and harder. A fan base can only stay innocent for so long. Suffering can be innocent, but resentment can't be, and in the late talk-radio era resentment is bound to follow suffering sooner or later. But for a while, in the early years of Kevin Durant's career, in Oklahoma City, it was innocent. I'd like to remember that — that it happened. I'm sure this isn't the only time it's happened, but it's the only time it's happened to me. I wish everyone who loves sports could experience something like it.

But sorry, that's the loss talking. Nothing is innocent. It only seems that way because you don't know it's not, or because you ignore the fact that you do know.

What I meant to say was: Sports is the worst. It sucks. I hate it.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9280958/oklahoma-city-thunder-lose-memphis-grizzlies

ThePlashyBubbler
05-16-2013, 03:15 PM
The context makes it pretty sour grapes, but I love Phillips in general.

chrisnu
05-16-2013, 06:53 PM
All-Rookie Teams announced (http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/14/all-rookie-team-official-release/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts):

2012-13 NBA ALL-ROOKIE FIRST TEAM

Damian Lillard - Portland
Bradley Beal - Washington
Anthony Davis - New Orleans
Dion Waiters - Cleveland
Harrison Barnes - Golden State

2012-13 NBA ALL-ROOKIE SECOND TEAM

Andre Drummond - Detroit
Jonas Valanciunas - Toronto
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Charlotte
Kyle Singler - Detroit
Tyler Zeller - Cleveland

Zeller? Really? I don't disagree with the other choices.

shaun
05-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Chris Copeland was robbed!

The funny part is that Billy King traded his top 3 protected lottery pick to Portland for Gerald Wallace and gave him a huge extension with the justification that he only felt there were 3 guys in the draft who could help more than Wallace. Portland took Lillard obviously but it turned out that almost every one of those players was better than Wallace this year.

Billy King was given an extension as well.

chrisnu
05-16-2013, 08:29 PM
A Drummond/Lopez combo up front would've been GREAT.

MadMan
05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
All-Rookie Teams announced (http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/14/all-rookie-team-official-release/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts):

Zeller? Really? I don't disagree with the other choices.Zeller probably got it for lack of better options out there. But I agree.

Those Thunder fans don't know suffering. I'm a Suns fan-we're used to it. Boo fucking hoo.

chrisnu
05-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Kendrick Perkins Finishes Playoffs With Worst PER On Record (http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227705/Kendrick-Perkins-Finishes-Playoffs-With-Worst-PER-On-Record)

Kendrick Perkins finished the 2013 NBA Playoffs with a PER of -0.7, which is the worst on record for a player with 200 or more minutes.

Perkins had 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, five blocks and a plus/minus of -40 in the playoffs.

Perkins was acquired by the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2011 in a trade involving Jeff Green.

Scott Brooks played Perkins 23.3 minutes per game in the Conference Semifinals against the Memphis Grizzlies despite clearly being ineffective.

They're gonna regret not amnestying Perkins and re-signing Harden for a long time.

DavidSeven
05-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Ian Kenyon‏@IanKenyonNFL
In past 3 years, Sam Presti has traded Jeff Green, given Kendrick Perkins big money, traded Eric Bledsoe, traded James Harden.

shaun
05-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot they traded Bledsoe for a future 1st, which was then packaged in the Green/Perkins deal. Boston ended up wasting the pick on Fab Melo.

Dukefrukem
05-17-2013, 01:57 PM
We (Boston) can only be awesome most of the time.

chrisnu
05-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Well-played, Jarron Collins:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKXRyWQCAAAw77R.jpg

chrisnu
05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Now that the Hornets have changed their name to Pelicans, the Bobcats have started the process of changing their name to Hornets (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22260671/charlotte-bobcats-begin-process-of-changing-name-back-to-hornets).

EyesWideOpen
05-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Zach Randolph looked like he wasn't even trying today.

Ezee E
05-20-2013, 02:59 AM
Now that the Hornets have changed their name to Pelicans, the Bobcats have started the process of changing their name to Hornets (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22260671/charlotte-bobcats-begin-process-of-changing-name-back-to-hornets).

Hope they revert the logo. It was always one of my favorites.

MadMan
05-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Now that the Hornets have changed their name to Pelicans, the Bobcats have started the process of changing their name to Hornets (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22260671/charlotte-bobcats-begin-process-of-changing-name-back-to-hornets).It won't be the same, but I'm still glad this is happening.

Lazlo
05-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Hope they revert the logo. It was always one of my favorites.

Yeah, they'll probably change it, unfortunately. As a Charlotte native who saw the Hornets rise and fall firsthand, I know I speak for others like me when I say bringing back the old look would be a huge PR win for them in the area. Half their thinking on changing the look will probably be due to the fact that there's so been much throwback Hornets gear being worn around Charlotte in the past few years and they'll want people to buy the new stuff. No thanks, I'll keep my old-school snapback.

Still, hugely happy about the change. It'll generate interest in a way the Bobcats were never able to do. If only they could win some damn games.

chrisnu
05-21-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm hearing that the re-branding will take so long that it won't be done before the 2014-15 season.

The Clippers will not bring back Vinny Del Negro, to the surprise of no one.

DavidSeven
05-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Damn. Salt on freakin' wound...

[Phil] Jackson did admit that he had an agreement with Chris Hansen, the prospective owner of a Seattle-based franchise, to take any job in the organization that he wanted. Hansen lost his bid to relocate the Sacramento Kings to Seattle.

"I thought [Hansen] was dynamic," Jackson said during the interview. "I thought he had great ideas. He went through the whole process of getting the arena. He did everything right except win the franchise, but his vision I could buy into. I think he had the right vision for a team.

From an ESPN article about Jackson turning down Nets coaching job. (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9298993/phil-jackson-says-best-offer-was-brooklyn-nets-coaching-job)

Robby P
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Phil Jackson and DeMarcus Cousins, a match made in heaven.

DavidSeven
05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Phil Jackson and DeMarcus Cousins, a match made in heaven.

Well, he did make it work with Rodman and Metta. He also said Kobe was un-coachable before they won two more rings together.

More than likey, he would have dumped him somewhere else in his capacity as GM/President.

Robby P
05-22-2013, 01:16 AM
Cleveland is pretty good at winning the lottery. I think they'll take the kid with the flat top.

Skitch
05-22-2013, 01:43 AM
I cannot believe we got first again. Maybe there is something to this "New Cleveland" positive attitude.

MadMan
05-22-2013, 06:01 AM
I was hoping the Suns would get the first pick. Oh well.

shaun
05-22-2013, 03:16 PM
This is such a crappy top of the draft too.

Of course I said that in 2011 too and Irving turned out just as good and probably better than John Wall. Neither is ever healthy though.

Robby P
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
If I had to rank the guys worth taking: Noel, McCollum, McLemore, Burke, Oladipo, Bennett. Not impressed with anyone else. It's amazing how many 7 foot tall white guys are in this draft. That's always a good sign that you're in for a strong draft class.

Ezee E
05-23-2013, 03:06 AM
Next year's class will be good.

Andrew Wiggins will be great for Toronto, Charlotte, or Phoenix!

DavidSeven
05-23-2013, 03:54 AM
That game was insane.

WTF was Frank Vogel thinking? Benches Hibbert on last two Heat possessions, and Lebron gets easy layups on both. He couldn't get to the rim the whole game with Hibbert on the floor. Total coaching meltdown.

chrisnu
05-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Phil Jackson laughed when Mitch Kupchak told him the Lakers were going with Mike D'Antoni. (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9301671/phil-jackson-told-los-angeles-lakers-gm-mike-dantoni-hire-laughed)

MadMan
05-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Phil Jackson laughed when Mitch Kupchak told him the Lakers were going with Mike D'Antoni. (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9301671/phil-jackson-told-los-angeles-lakers-gm-mike-dantoni-hire-laughed)Phil just knows that myself and so many others were laughing, too.

I missed the Pacers-Heat game so I can't really comment on what happened.

chrisnu
05-23-2013, 07:33 PM
http://i.minus.com/iLwBUUjejMftp.gif

chrisnu
05-23-2013, 07:37 PM
2012-13 ALL NBA FIRST TEAM

Forward LeBron James, Miami (119) 595
Forward Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City (102) 555
Center Tim Duncan, San Antonio (45) 392
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (91) 521
Guard Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers (97) 537

2012-13 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Forward Carmelo Anthony, New York (24) 397
Forward Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers 132
Center Marc Gasol, Memphis (38) 295
Guard Tony Parker, San Antonio (16) 273
Guard Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City (20) 306

2012-13 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

Forward David Lee, Golden State 79
Forward Paul George, Indiana 73
Center Dwight Howard, L.A. Lakers (17) 203
Guard Dwyane Wade, Miami (3) 145
Guard James Harden, Houston (5) 253

Other players receiving votes, with point totals: Brook Lopez, Brooklyn, 132 (7 First Team votes); Stephen Curry, Golden State, 72; LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland, 62; Chris Bosh, Miami, 59 (4); Joakim Noah, Chicago, 56 (3); Zach Randolph, Memphis, 45; Al Horford, Atlanta, 31 (2); Paul Pierce, Boston, 24; Al Jefferson, Utah, 20 (1); Tyson Chandler, New York, 19 (1); Roy Hibbert, Indiana, 9; Luol Deng, Chicago, 8; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 8; Ty Lawson, Denver, 8; Josh Smith, Atlanta, 7; Deron Williams, Brooklyn, 6; Pau Gasol, LA Lakers, 4; Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, 4; Omer Asik, Houston, 3; Kenneth Faried, Denver, 3; Raymond Felton, New York, 3; Kyrie Irving, Cleveland, 3; Carlos Boozer, Chicago, 2; Mike Conley, Memphis, 2; David West, Indiana, 2; Rudy Gay, Toronto, 1; J.J. Hickson, Portland, 1; Andre Iguodala, Denver, 1; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas, 1; Nikola Pekovic, Minnesota, 1; Rajon Rondo, Boston, 1; Nikola Vucevic, Orlando, 1.

EyesWideOpen
05-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Blake Griffin is a worse player then 95% of the people on that bottom list.

Robby P
05-24-2013, 01:36 AM
The only choice I take issue with is David Lee. That guy can't guard anyone.

chrisnu
05-26-2013, 04:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bFI4CJdX66Y

EyesWideOpen
05-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Meh. Birdman is way too late on that for it to be impressive. I just watched through all the highlights of every playoff game last night and there were at least ten better dunks then that including Bogat on McGee and Tayshaun Prince on the whole OKC Thunder team.

MadMan
05-27-2013, 07:48 PM
I don't know if I want to watch Spurs-Heat Finals, although I work nights so I'll probably miss most of it anyways. And yes I'm writing off the Pacers after last night. They got smoked on their home court.

EyesWideOpen
05-28-2013, 12:45 AM
I know no one but me watches the WNBA but after watching the opening day Phoenix game Brittney Griner dunks easier then the majority of the players in the NBA.

chrisnu
05-29-2013, 01:39 AM
Speaking of Phoenix, Jeff Hornacek is the new head coach of the Suns. He was an assistant coach in Utah the last two seasons for former teammate Tyrone Corbin. Those Suns teams of the late 80s - early 90s with Hornacek, Kevin Johnson, and Tom Chambers were fun.

Long-time Spurs assistant coach Mike Budenholzer is the new head coach of the Hawks. I don't even think they announced Larry Drew being fired. Also, long-time assistant coach, most recently with the Lakers, Steve Clifford is the new head coach of the Bob-Hornets.

MadMan
05-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Speaking of Phoenix, Jeff Hornacek is the new head coach of the Suns. He was an assistant coach in Utah the last two seasons for former teammate Tyrone Corbin. Those Suns teams of the late 80s - early 90s with Hornacek, Kevin Johnson, and Tom Chambers were fun.I'm happy about this hire. Good luck though dealing with an ownership that has traded or let go so many quality players. I'm not sure who the Suns are going to draft, honestly....

Long-time Spurs assistant coach Mike Budenholzer is the new head coach of the Hawks. I don't even think they announced Larry Drew being fired. Also, long-time assistant coach, most recently with the Lakers, Steve Clifford is the new head coach of the Bob-Hornets.The Hawks keep firing coaches and the end result remains the same: playoff spot, first or second round exit. As for Clifford he has work cut out for him in Charlotte.

EyesWideOpen
05-30-2013, 02:15 AM
Just watched the highlights of game 4 since I missed it and Stephenson had 6 huge flops just in the highlights. If they are going to make a huge push on the anti-flopping they better take action.

dreamdead
05-31-2013, 01:09 AM
I realize that Dwight Howard would help with Houston's spacing (drives, 3s, and dunks), but I'm curious what they expect to do with Omar Asik if they can lure ol' Superman away. It's a shame since I love the way that Houston built and dealt away for depth, but this is so going to not get them over the hump.

Hope he spurns Houston (and Dallas) and chooses Golden State instead.

MadMan
05-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Whatever team Howard goes to will hopefully realize the guy is still relatively immature and badly in need of some coaching/leadership. Mark Jackson would be able to get Dwight to buy into what he's selling so yes Golden State would be a good destination, but they have Lee/Bogart so I'm not sure if he will end up there. I'm still thinking that Mark Cuban breaks the bank and throws enough money at Dwight to get him to sign with the Mavs. We'll see.

Robby P
06-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Mookie Blaylock in stable condition after a head on car collision. Apparently he suffers from seizures. Glad to hear he's going to make it. Here's hoping the other folks pull through as well.

chrisnu
06-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Grant Hill has retired. He would've been one of the all-time greats, if not for that ankle. Had a very respectable career, regardless.

MadMan
06-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Grant Hill has retired. He would've been one of the all-time greats, if not for that ankle. Had a very respectable career, regardless.I'm sad. He's one of my all time favorite players and I wish he had won a ring.

shaun
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Go Pacers.
Mookie Blaylock in stable condition after a head on car collision. Apparently he suffers from seizures. Glad to hear he's going to make it. Here's hoping the other folks pull through as well.The passenger in the car he hit died. Looks like he's being charged with driving with a suspended license, at the least.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9334848/mookie-blaylock-charged-fatal-crash-police-say

Blaylock was driving an SUV that collided Friday with a van after crossing the center line in the Atlanta suburb of Jonesboro, police said. The crash killed Monica Murphy, 43. Her husband was driving the van and suffered a broken ankle.

Blaylock was seriously injured, but a spokeswoman at Atlanta Medical Center said his condition was upgraded to fair Sunday. He was initially in critical condition.

Robby P
06-03-2013, 03:27 PM
That's awful. I hope his negligence didn't cause her death.

shaun
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Jason Kidd is retiring. Whew. 2 more years on his contract would have been annoying.

EyesWideOpen
06-04-2013, 03:46 AM
The Pacers have to be kicking themselves for not winning game 1.

MadMan
06-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Jason Kidd is retiring. Whew. 2 more years on his contract would have been annoying.I'm not surprised. He won a ring and he's old. This year showed he's done.

shaun
06-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Floyd Mayweather bet a lot of money on last night's game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL4boBnCMAAL4o6.jpg