PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas just won't quit.

Watashi
07-23-2008, 08:41 AM
ComingSoon.net caught up with DreamWorks Animations CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg on Tuesday and learned that George Lucas is looking to repurpose the six "Star Wars" episodes into 3D format.

Katzenberg told us that Lucas is very excited about it and that he's got the technical resources to pull it off. "He isn't going to put a product out, I think, that isn't anything other than first rate," Katzenberg said.

Stay tuned for possibly more on this soon.

Leave it alone.

Leave it. The Fuck. Alone.

Teh Sausage
07-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Jesus Christ. Leave it the fuck alone, indeed.

Of course, I'll still pay to go see them, just as I did with all the previous versions. Dammit.

eternity
07-23-2008, 09:17 AM
:frustrated:

Skitch
07-23-2008, 11:22 AM
:lol:

megladon8
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah, Lucas has also stated several times that he's still planning to make changes/additions to the original trilogy.

At least he seems to be doing it for his own pleasure, rather than to gain critical acclaim. Oliver Stone's constant reworking of Alexander until critics liked it was pretty pathetic.

Dukefrukem
07-23-2008, 12:43 PM
3D format? is that the same as IMAX?

Scar
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Hasn't he been talking about this for some time now?

D_Davis
07-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I am so sick of Star Wars.

Just go away.

Dead & Messed Up
07-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah, Lucas has also stated several times that he's still planning to make changes/additions to the original trilogy.

At least he seems to be doing it for his own pleasure, rather than to gain critical acclaim. Oliver Stone's constant reworking of Alexander until critics liked it was pretty pathetic.

He was doing it to maximize DVD profit.

And I've given up hope on Lucas going back to the small-scale projects he was always talking about. Gah.

Ezee E
07-23-2008, 05:03 PM
He was doing it to maximize DVD profit.

And I've given up hope on Lucas going back to the small-scale projects he was always talking about. Gah.
He always talked about it, but never heard any ideas, just that he'd do experimental films.

I think he's a liar.

Spinal
07-23-2008, 08:31 PM
I am so sick of Star Wars.

Just go away.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to feel this way as well. It's hard to even get enthusiastic about the first two films any more.

Rowland
07-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I don't care anymore. I loved the movies and the mythology when I was young up into my mid-teens, but now? Whaaaatever.

MadMan
07-24-2008, 05:25 AM
I thought the general consensus around here was that Lucus was an asshole. And I fully agree with that consensus. Its manly the reason why I still refuse to buy any of the Star Wars films-I'm very hesitant to give that jerk any more of my money. Which means I'll go see Clone Wars in theaters, of course :|

Grouchy
07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
I thought the general consensus around here was that Lucus was an asshole. And I fully agree with that consensus. Its manly the reason why I still refuse to buy any of the Star Wars films-I'm very hesitant to give that jerk any more of my money. Which means I'll go see Clone Wars in theaters, of course :|
The thing is, Clone Wars is new. It's a new movie. People had to sit down on their computers and work on making it.

Re-releasing old movies with 3D glasses is not my idea of hard work and it doesn't deserve the money it's going to make.

Wryan
07-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Who wants to see ewoks, cgi Yoda, and Hayden Christensen in 3D?

No one, that's who.

Skitch
07-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Who wants to see ewoks, cgi Yoda, and Hayden Christensen in 3D?

No one, that's who.

....I....do...

Wonka seeba chewie wooba nipple pinchy?

SirNewt
07-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Yup, fans have been asking for the original, unaltered trilogy with an updated sound setup and good transfers because they actually want all six films in 3D. So in Lucas's world trilogy = hexology and original film negative restored = 3D.

Qrazy
07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
As much as I think it will suck I'll still probably see Clone Wars at some point because I do still like the atmosphere of the films at times, yes even the prequels. Ultimately they're bad films but when I see a new Star Wars film trailer I tend to get sucked into the tone and mythos. I wish he'd let go of the reigns a bit more and take on new talent for films set in the universe but largely unrelated to the characters of the Hexology... something like Knights of the Old Republic.

Although the same thing happened to me with the new ninja turtles animated venture. I thought it would suck and it did but I tried to ride the coattails of nostalgia... and failed.

SirNewt
07-26-2008, 03:45 AM
As much as I think it will suck I'll still probably see Clone Wars at some point because I do still like the atmosphere of the films at times, yes even the prequels. Ultimately they're bad films but when I see a new Star Wars film trailer I tend to get sucked into the tone and mythos. I wish he'd let go of the reigns a bit more and take on new talent for films set in the universe but largely unrelated to the characters of the Hexology... something like Knights of the Old Republic.

Although the same thing happened to me with the new ninja turtles animated venture. I thought it would suck and it did but I tried to ride the coattails of nostalgia... and failed.

word brother

:|

bac0n
07-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Someone needs to do an intervention.