PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Saya
07-22-2008, 06:16 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/24btgle.jpg

http://www.hbo.com/events/trueblood/

The series follows Sookie Stackhouse, a barmaid living in Louisianna who can read people's minds, and how her life is turned upside down when the Vampire Bill, walks into her place of employment two years after vampires 'came out of the coffin' on national television.

A new HBO series from Alan Ball, the creator of Six Feet Under. Just looked at the IMDB page and I think it has a relatively unknown cast, except for Anna Paquin who plays Sookie. I think it could be a fun, quirky show. We'll find out soon enough. :)

Ezee E
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Unsure about this. Alan Ball, vampires, and Louisiana should be a great mix, but all the footage I've seen from this makes me go, "MEH!"

Make em say, "Meh!" na nah nah nah

number8
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I like the viral marketing so far at least.

Saya
07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I like it too. It seems they are pushing this marketing quite hard.

Also, the series is based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries book series by Charlaine Harris.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2e31g1t.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/969wqp.png

http://i35.tinypic.com/2wrf6di.png

http://i34.tinypic.com/168d4s0.png

Acapelli
07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
the early word on this is that it's awful

there's a screener of the first episode out there

Saya
07-23-2008, 09:25 AM
the early word on this is that it's awful

there's a screener of the first episode out there

That sucks! :sad:

I'll still give it a try though.

origami_mustache
07-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I like the viral marketing so far at least.

I've seen The American Vampire League - for Vampire rights political posters all over town. They also have anti Vampire posters that say "Vampires are Immoral," and then vandalized versions of The AVL posters. Pretty interesting advertising.

Saya
09-08-2008, 10:25 PM
The first episode wasn't bad at all. I think the setting and premise is interesting enough to continue watching.

I do have to get used to the way the fangs of the vampires come out. I expected the classic Dracula looking fangs, but they have a more Nosferatu influence in the show.

And damn that cliffhanger ending!

number8
09-08-2008, 11:24 PM
So many of the thinly veiled metaphors made me laugh. The kicker, though, was the "GOD HATES FANGS" sign in front of the church. Oh man.

Raiders
09-09-2008, 01:10 AM
So many of the thinly veiled metaphors made me laugh. The kicker, though, was the "GOD HATES FANGS" sign in front of the church. Oh man.

Yeah, this was my least favorite part because it played so obviously as to be rather quaint and meaningless. Vampires as social outsiders is hardly a new idea and the first episode wasn't all that satisfactory to me in the story/character department. Granted, it is one episode and I very much expect once it gets going the elements could easily fall into place for a well rounded show.

Ivan Drago
09-09-2008, 04:31 AM
I saw a bit of this last night. Good to see Anna Paquin still has a career.

Saya
09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I thought it was also cool to see Frank Sobotka and E. B. Farnum as cops. I hope they'll have a bigger role in the series, because I've always liked those guys.

Wryan
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks. I was all ready to come in here and say that I'd never watch it just based on "come out of the coffin," but now there's this. Ugh.

Not that I get HBO anyway.

number8
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Wait, I didn't mean my comment to be negative. I thought Alan Ball meant those things as a joke rather than a serious allegory, and I laughed. So, y'know, it was good.

Milky Joe
09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I thought it was also cool to see Frank Sobotka and E. B. Farnum as cops. I hope they'll have a bigger role in the series, because I've always liked those guys.

Seriously, that was a joy to see.

Man I loves me somes Anna Paquin. That first episode was very interesting.

Wryan
09-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Wait, I didn't mean my comment to be negative. I thought Alan Ball meant those things as a joke rather than a serious allegory, and I laughed. So, y'know, it was good.

I dunno. Even as jokes, they don't do much for me.

number8
09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
2 episodes, and I'm already in love with this show.

"Angelina adopts vampire baby," heh.

Saya
09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Second episode was good. Tara was less annoying in this episode and I liked that they dove into the vampire lore a bit.

Winston*
09-16-2008, 11:18 AM
2 episodes in and I don't know what to do with this show. Probably give it a couple more episodes to decide whether or not it's something.

number8
09-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Second episode was good. Tara was less annoying in this episode and I liked that they dove into the vampire lore a bit.

Ah, this again. If I had a nickel for everytime a character I like gets labeled annoying on Match Cut... :sad:

I thought Tara was hilarious in the first episode.

Saya
09-16-2008, 10:07 PM
:P

I really liked her a lot more in the second episode. I'm not sure why, but I guess it's because she was way less angry and frustrated in that episode. I agree she had some funny moments in both episodes.

I also just checked IMDB and saw that Alexander Skarsgård (Brad from Generation Kill) is in this. He plays some guy named Eric, but I have no idea who that is. Was he one of the roadworkers?

number8
09-16-2008, 10:35 PM
No, he plays the boss of all the vampires. Hasn't shown up yet.

Saya
09-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Ah right. He was great in Generation Kill, so I have high hopes.

number8
09-18-2008, 09:37 AM
My interview with Alan Ball (http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/movie-news/4021-one-on-one-with-alan-ball-on-qtowelheadq.html)

Acapelli
09-18-2008, 03:07 PM
if iceman is going to be showing up i have to stick around for that

the original actress that played tara was so terrible, glad she got replaced

Raiders
09-18-2008, 03:29 PM
the original actress that played tara was so terrible, glad she got replaced

I thought only Rutina had been on TV. Have they aired an episode or the pilot with Brook Kerr?

Maybe I'm confused.

Saya
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I thought only Rutina had been on TV. Have they aired an episode or the pilot with Brook Kerr?

Maybe I'm confused.

Nope, you are right. Only Rutina has been on TV.

The original pilot with the other actress was leaked a couple months ago on the internet and to the best of my knowledge hasn't aired yet. It is available in the usual places though (torrents / newsgroups).

number8
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Third ep was hilarious. I'm glad that HBO has renewed this for a second season already.

By the way, I interviewed Alan Ball. (http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/movie-news/4021-one-on-one-with-alan-ball-on-qtowelheadq.html)

Winston*
09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
3 episodes in, pretty sure this show isn't anything.

Saya
09-24-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm glad that HBO has renewed this for a second season already.

Great news! I didn't know they ordered a second season already. That is really fast. Maybe they can be a little bit more risky now that the shadow of possible cancellation is gone.

number8
09-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Great news! I didn't know they ordered a second season already. That is really fast. Maybe they can be a little bit more risky now that the shadow of possible cancellation is gone.

They jumped high in ratings on the 2nd ep, which is rare for TV shows, let alone HBO. Usually they nosedive after the pilot. The word of mouth on this show is proving to be excellent.

Milky Joe
09-24-2008, 07:27 PM
3 episodes in, pretty sure this show isn't anything.

Also 3 episodes in, pretty sure you're wrong. It's not The Wire or Deadwood, but what is?

Winston*
09-24-2008, 07:31 PM
I should note that I'm probably going to keep watching it.

Milky Joe
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I should note that I'm probably going to keep watching it.

http://blog.cleveland.com/pdextra/2008/05/medium_trueblood.jpg

I don't see why you wouldn't. :eek:

Winston*
10-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Haha, this show is so naff.

Kurosawa Fan
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Every time I see an ad for this show, it looks horrible. I just can't bring myself to catch up and start watching.

Saya
10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Holy shit, the last episode was awesome. Was not expecting that ending. It's so cheesy and I love it.

number8
10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Lafayette's response to AIDS burger was hilariously awesome.

"Tip your waitress!"

Also, Jason's "Join in! It's beautiful!" had me laughing so hard.

Between this show and Entourage, my Sunday nights are always filled with laughs.

Saya
10-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Just got around to watching the latest episode. Good stuff.

What is the deal with Sam?

Is he a shapeshifter or werewolf or something?

Also, does anyone else think there is definitely something up with Tara's mom and that we should take the "there is a demon inside me" literally?

number8
10-18-2008, 12:38 AM
They're beating the whole "he's that dog" so hard that it can't be true.

[ETM]
10-20-2008, 09:43 PM
They're beating the whole "he's that dog" so hard that it can't be true.

Yeah, it bothers me that they're dragging it out this much.

amberlita
10-20-2008, 11:04 PM
;105899']Yeah, it bothers me that they're dragging it out this much.

i don't think they are anymore. this recent episode last night had the dog outside while Sam was inside fixing the trailer. so basically they were just toying with us, knowing that we'd be thinking he was the dog and that cutting the scenes like this many episodes in would dispell the theory. it was a little irritating. like i could see the writers and their self-satisfied grins at how gullible we are.

number8
10-20-2008, 11:09 PM
i don't think they are anymore. this recent episode last night had the dog outside while Sam was inside fixing the trailer. so basically they were just toying with us, knowing that we'd be thinking he was the dog and that cutting the scenes like this many episodes in would dispell the theory. it was a little irritating. like i could see the writers and their self-satisfied grins at how gullible we are.

But then they threw us that scene where he runs through the woods naked in the morning after a full moon.

Those bastards!

Saya
10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I got spoilered on what Sam is. For those who want to know:

He's not a werewolf, but a shapeshifter. Sam can shift into any form he wants during a full moon.

Milky Joe
11-05-2008, 12:55 AM
This show rules.

Saya
11-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I still have to watch the last two episodes. I think I'll do that tonight.

Saya
11-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Has anyone finished this already? I just watched 2 episodes and I still have 3 episodes to go. I still like it a lot, although it's ridiculously over the top.

Haha, that Wii product placement scene was crazy. :lol:

And Alexander Skarsgård must play Thor in the upcoming movie.

Acapelli
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
i finished it. i thought it was great, with a gripe or two, and am really looking forward to next season

Milky Joe
11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I finished it, and despite its many glaring, obvious flaws, I just enjoyed the hell out of it, and am really looking forward to the next season.

number8
11-26-2008, 07:21 PM
It started to feel like Nip/Tuck to me. It's so fucking trashy and ridiculous that you can't help but to admire its really deft grasp of wild entertainment. It's that so nose-thumbingly intentional why-so-serious-just-go-with-it-and-enjoy kind of show. The cliffhanger at the end of the finale pretty much demonstrated this.

Loved it.

Milky Joe
11-26-2008, 11:34 PM
It started to feel like Nip/Tuck to me. It's so fucking trashy and ridiculous that you can't help but to admire its really deft grasp of wild entertainment. It's that so nose-thumbingly intentional why-so-serious-just-go-with-it-and-enjoy kind of show. The cliffhanger at the end of the finale pretty much demonstrated this.

Loved it.

Yes, I totally agree, especially about the cliffhanger at the end. It just drips with cheese--glorious, sex-crazed, Goddess-worshipping cheese. I love the fact that season 2 will probably just pick up right there where they left off.

number8
11-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Actually, the thing that's been disappointing the most is that they've toned down the sex. More bondage fang-biting sex like in the first couple of eps, plz.

Saya
11-27-2008, 02:33 PM
I watched the last episodes last night and I agree with you guys. Great ending. Can't wait for next season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why did they have to kill Lafayette? :sad:

It would probably be a little bit too obvious to say that Bill killed him right? The way Lafayette reacted when he saw the killer it seemed like it was more of an animal type of creature than a vampire.

I was also kinda bummed they killed Amy. I liked that psycho girl...

Also, hot damn!!

:eek:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2m2t0g7.png

http://i37.tinypic.com/11gunap.png

[ETM]
11-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of the show, but I honestly don't get what's so over the top and ridiculous? Sure, it's tongue in cheek and raunchy, and the references sprinkled throughout are in your face, wink wink, nudge nudge, but... :confused: My girlfriend tried to read the books, and she was embarrassed while reading, it was that bad. They did a tremendous job with the show, and that's a fantastic example of working off of crap (but crap with a built in audience, based on book sales alone), and making something worthwhile and enjoyable.

Heh, I wonder if they'll put a special feature on the discs when the show is released on DVD or BluRay, which enables you to watch it without credits, since the episodes pretty much continue a frame after the last one ended.:lol:

Wryan
01-05-2009, 01:49 PM
That theme song battle made me look up a bunch of the YouTube clips for this show. And I gotta say..."Land's sake, there is some powerful bad acting on this show," Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil or no Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

[ETM]
01-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Land's sake, there is some powerful bad acting on this show

...such as?

Russ
01-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Land's sake, there is some powerful bad acting on this show.
I need to see this show. So Anna's pretty good; the others...not so??

Milky Joe
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I need to see this show. So Anna's pretty good; the others...not so??

They're fine. Really good, even.

[ETM]
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
They're fine. Really good, even.

Agreed. "Prince Valiant" is a bit shaky, but the cast in general is very good and performs well.

number8
01-13-2009, 12:04 AM
My agreement is solidified by Anna Paquin's win last night.

Mara
04-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Okay, so I'm trying to watch a few episodes of this, and I'm really torn. It's kind of fun in a Southern Gothic kind of way, and I'm pretty interested in a few of the storylines, but... I dunno.

Sookie's "I love him, I love him not" routine regardless of any external stimuli is getting a little old. And Jason... at first I was amused by him, then disgusted, then bored. Now I feel sort of sorry for him. I wonder if they'll let him keep his pants on for fifteen minutes together next season.

Milky Joe
04-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I wonder if they'll let him keep his pants on for fifteen minutes together next season.

I'd tell you to wait until you see the whole season.

Mara
04-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd tell you to wait until you see the whole season.

So, either he dies, or someone surgically grafts pants on him? Now I don't know what I'm rooting for.

Mara
04-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Alright, seriously, I don't know if I'm going to finish this season. The motivations of the characters seem to be determined by the writers flipping a magic 8 ball.

Does Sookie love Bill today? My sources say yes.

Does Bill want to be a vampire today? Ask again later.

What does Jason want? (The magic 8 ball does that annoying thing where all that shows up is a corner of the answer cube.)

Mara
04-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Stephen Root? The hell?

EvilShoe
04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Stephen Root? The hell?
His character is great.

Finished the show in three days: uneven and silly, but very enjoyable.
Season finale spoiler:
I just hope they didn't kill off Lafayette, he's one of my fav characters.

[ETM]
04-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Finished the show in three days: uneven and silly, but very enjoyable.

This. I've said it a million times - I don't care for vampires at all, but I had a lot of fun watching True Blood.

And boobies. Especially the boobies.

EvilShoe
04-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Naked Lizzy Caplan was a fun surprise....

[ETM]
04-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Naked Lizzy Caplan was a fun surprise....

Well, the length of time she's fully naked on screen certainly was a surprise. But what about Paquin? Hubba hubba.:pritch:

EvilShoe
04-04-2009, 04:19 PM
;149956']Well, the length of time she's fully naked on screen certainly was a surprise. But what about Paquin? Hubba hubba.:pritch:
Caplan > Paquin for me.

(Also nice to see Generation Kill's Iceman again.)

[ETM]
04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Caplan > Paquin for me.

(Also nice to see Generation Kill's Iceman again.)

Indeed, but Paquin was out of the blue.

And I was watching Generation Kill, and saying: "Oh, look, there's Eric." :D

Mara
04-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Words cannot express my lack of interest in Jason. I hope he does die, just so I don't have to see his pouty nudity anymore.

At this point, I'm pretty much watching for Eric, who is much hotter than he appears in googled pictures.

Mara
04-06-2009, 06:01 PM
This is perhaps an overthinking for such a silly show, but... these vampires don't seem to have jobs. So how do they have all this nice stuff? A Wii and televisions and TruBlood and crap?

[ETM]
04-06-2009, 06:28 PM
This is perhaps an overthinking for such a silly show, but... these vampires don't seem to have jobs. So how do they have all this nice stuff? A Wii and televisions and TruBlood and crap?

You are aware that their blood is a powerful drug? Also, they are ancient. They all seem to have... treasure reserves. All the "new" vampires are controlled closely and ruled over by the elders. Eric must have gathered quite a wealth since his Viking days, for example,I guess he can quite easily support his posse.

Mara
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
;150380']You are aware that their blood is a powerful drug?

But they don't seem to eager to share. Obviously, some, like Awesome Eddie, make a living that way, but...

Awesome Eddie is, by the way, awesome. I wuv him and want him to survive. Honestly, though, I just love Stephen Root on principle.

amberlita
04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Words cannot express my lack of interest in Jason. I hope he does die, just so I don't have to see his pouty nudity anymore.

At this point, I'm pretty much watching for Eric, who is much hotter than he appears in googled pictures.

I'm pleasantly surprised at this because I thought they did a grand job of trying to ugly the man up on this show. In Generation Kill he is uber-sexy but here, Eric's hair is all wrong and the makeup job is always unevenly done. I heard Alan Ball prefers Bill to Eric in the book series so I got all girly-defensive and blamed him for trying to sabotage Skarsgard's hotness. :)

Mara
04-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised at this because I thought they did a grand job of trying to ugly the man up on this show. In Generation Kill he is uber-sexy but here, Eric's hair is all wrong and the makeup job is always unevenly done. I heard Alan Ball prefers Bill to Eric in the book series so I got all girly-defensive and blamed him for trying to sabotage Skarsgard's hotness. :)

Good to see you! Er... here.

Anyway, after you and ETM went on about how hot he was, I checked out his oeuvre and vampires tend to be more up my alley than gritty war stuff. But, I put Generation Kill on my Netflix, so we'll see how it goes.

[ETM]
04-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Stephen Root has been in a number of shows lately, and did a great job. He was great in Pushing Daisies.

Mara
04-06-2009, 08:40 PM
;150398']Stephen Root has been in a number of shows lately, and did a great job. He was great in Pushing Daisies.

He's great in everything. He's one of those bit players that always steals the scene.

number8
04-06-2009, 11:27 PM

Vampire walks into a Best Buy.

"You will give me a Nintendo Wii free of charge."

Employee stammers.

"Yes, sir."

Mara
04-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Vampire walks into a Best Buy.

"You will give me a Nintendo Wii free of charge."

Employee stammers.

"Yes, sir."

I accept your theory.

Wryan
04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
He's great in everything. He's one of those bit players that always steals the scene.

"I AM!...Well that all depends, you boys do Nigra songs? Well I don't record Nigra songs. No we're lookin for some old-timey material, see folks can't seem to get enough of it, ever since we been broadcasting it on the Pappy O'Danl Flour Hour, so thank you boys...oooooooooeee that was some mighty fine a'pickin' and a'singin'...Tell you what, boys, you come in here and *bang bang* sign this and I'm gonna give ya: ten dolla a piece!...that'd be fine..."

"Now what can I do for you, Mr. French...Soggy-Bottom, hmm, I don't precisely recollect them...Ohhhh! hyeah hyeah hyeah, colored fellas I believe. Yes they a fine bunch of boys. Yeah, they song in yon can and then skedaddled...Nah?...Well it was a powerful air....Oh mercy yes we got to beat that competition."

Mara
04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
SON OF A HOOKER. Who keeps casting Mehcad Brooks in crap? Every time I see him in anything, I'm stunned by his complete lack of acting chops.

Mara
04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Okay, all done. I gotta tell you, up until the end I was rooting for the murderer to be the preacher's son from that church.

I want to mention how much I like the minor characters on this show-- like Hoyt and Terry and Arlene.

[ETM]
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I want to mention how much I like the minor characters on this show-- like Hoyt and Terry and Arlene.

Yes.

People get distracted by all the vampire mythos crap and miss the fun stuff which is the work of the talented cast, right down to the background people in the bar.

Mara
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
;150684']Yes.

People get distracted by all the vampire mythos crap and miss the fun stuff which is the work of the talented cast, right down to the background people in the bar.

If I come back for a second season, it would be for that kind of stuff.

[ETM]
04-07-2009, 07:44 PM
If I come back for a second season, it would be for that kind of stuff.

Well, I doubt anyone is coming back for Jason, if not from the desire to kick his stupid annoying skinny ass. Michelle Forbes is mostly what I'm coming back for.:pritch:

amberlita
04-07-2009, 10:32 PM
;150703']Well, I doubt anyone is coming back for Jason, if not from the desire to kick his stupid annoying skinny ass. Michelle Forbes is mostly what I'm coming back for.:pritch:

The character may be stupid and often annoying but I think the actor does an amazing job, one of the best on the whole show. He even dumps his Australian accent for a Southern one better than Anna Paquin does! I kind of love watching him just knowing everything the actor is putting himself through to play such an oversexed neanderthal.

It's Tara that I can't stand. She grates on me like cheddar. I hope she dies.

[ETM]
04-07-2009, 11:23 PM
I know, he's great, but we're supposed to hate his character, which we certainly do. I don't mind Tara, save for her curious lack of a neck.

number8
04-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Tara's my second favorite next to Lafayette.

EvilShoe
04-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Lafayette and Jason are my favs. Loved the moments between the latter and Root's vampire.

Acapelli
04-08-2009, 05:18 PM
the actress that plays tara is much better than the one on the pilot

Saya
05-06-2009, 03:43 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/igdv6o.jpg

The second season starts June 14th.

Here is the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qufAFY7FL0U) for it.

And I believe Evan Rachel Wood will join the show as Vampire Queen or something.

Ezee E
05-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Guess I'll watch the DVD when it comes out next week.

Thirdmango
05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Did this series get better or worse as it went on. I stopped watching maybe 4 episodes in cause I wasn't digging it at all.

amberlita
05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Here is the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qufAFY7FL0U) for it.

Oy. I hope that isn't a sign they are changing the theme song.

EvilShoe
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Did this series get better or worse as it went on. I stopped watching maybe 4 episodes in cause I wasn't digging it at all.
I thought it got better as it went on, but I did like it from the start.

Acapelli
05-07-2009, 01:11 AM
i actively disliked it from the start, continued watching out of boredom until it grew on me

now i would consider it one of my favorite shows. probably took 5-6 episodes till i loved it

amberlita
05-07-2009, 04:15 AM
i actively disliked it from the start, continued watching out of boredom until it grew on me

This sounds like my feelings towards my last boyfriend.

number8
05-07-2009, 06:51 AM
This sounds like my feelings towards my last boyfriend.

Except he grew in you, yes?

SOMEBODY HIGH FIVE ME NOW!

megladon8
05-07-2009, 07:32 AM
I want to see this show just for Lizzy Caplan.

Thirdmango
05-07-2009, 07:47 AM
HIGH FIVE

EvilShoe
05-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I want to see this show just for Lizzy Caplan.
Lizzy Caplan naked, meg. Naked.

megladon8
05-08-2009, 12:32 AM

Exactly.

She's an angel.

KK2.0
05-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Watched the entire first season in a few days, i love this show.

dunno, i've recommended this to everyone but some of my friends truly hated it too.

BuffaloWilder
05-15-2009, 12:24 AM

I demand pictures. Please.

[ETM]
05-15-2009, 08:59 AM
I demand pictures. Please.

Pictures don't cut it. She's completely naked in several looong scenes.

number8
05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
And hot flying sex. Don't forget hot flying sex.

[ETM]
05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
And hot flying sex. Don't forget hot flying sex.

Yeah, but it includes Jason's skinny ass, which I try to block out of my mind at all times.

number8
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I find him kinda hot.

Mara
05-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I find him kinda hot.

No, he's nast.

Mara
05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
No, he's nast.

Okay, maybe not nast. But he's boring. His face is boring. Even his body, which should be hot, just comes off as boring. He seems really generic to me.

Stephen Moyer, Sam Trammell, and (of course) Alexander Skarsgård are all better looking. Even Jim Parrack, though not generically handsome, is more interesting-looking than Kwanten.

number8
05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I give you Trammell and (of course) Skarsgård, but Moyer creeps me out too much. He just looks odd.

Mara
05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Moyer creeps me out too much. He just looks odd.

That scene when he crawls out of the grave all dirty is hot as hell.

amberlita
05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
That scene when he crawls out of the grave all dirty is hot as hell.

All I could think was that she's getting dirt in a place I would never want dirt.

I think Moyer has his moments but he's merely okay. Same with Kwanten but I blame that on the fact that his sex is so frequently on display there's nothing left to the imagination.

Tremmel and (of course) Skarsgard are the ones that do it for me.

number8
05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
But he's Australian!

Mara
05-15-2009, 07:52 PM
All I could think was that she's getting dirt in a place I would never want dirt.

The sex was strange and out-of-nowhere. (She's scared! She's screaming! Oh, never mind.) I just think he looked really good.

Mara
05-15-2009, 08:05 PM
By the way, have we mentioned how adorable (of course) Skarsgård was in Zoolander (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiuysqDjhzE)? I busted a gut when I realized that was him.

number8
05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Haha, yeah, he should do more comedy. He was (of course) great in it.

Ezee E
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Started this today. First episode is one of the better pilots that I can think of.

Acapelli
05-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Started this today. First episode is one of the better pilots that I can think of.
if you like it already you're gonna love it. if it weren't for the cliffhangers at the end of each episode i would have dropped the series

Ezee E
05-23-2009, 05:14 AM
Liked it when HBO put 4 episodes on a disc much better.

Ivan Drago
05-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Liked it when HBO put 4 episodes on a disc much better.

How many episodes are on a disc in this box set? If it's less than 4 I hope it's not that way for when Entourage season 5 comes out.

Ezee E
05-23-2009, 05:44 AM
How many episodes are on a disc in this box set? If it's less than 4 I hope it's not that way for when Entourage season 5 comes out.
2, 3, 3, 3, 2 or something along those lines

Winston*
05-23-2009, 06:32 AM
Saw Zeljko Ivanek on an episode last night. Was awesome. Love that guy.

Acapelli
05-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Saw Zeljko Ivanek on an episode last night. Was awesome. Love that guy.
loved him on damages

Ivan Drago
05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
2, 3, 3, 3, 2 or something along those lines

Eeeew. I REALLY hope Entourage doesn't follow suit.

number8
05-23-2009, 08:47 PM
loved him on damages

And Homicide.

But not Heroes.

Dukefrukem
05-26-2009, 12:15 PM
So what's the consensus here? Is this series worth watching?

[ETM]
05-26-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd say "Hell yeah".

Mara
05-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure I would endorse it that heartily. It has some great ingredients, but it's a strange little idsh.

Thirdmango
05-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd say no, but I didn't give it a full chance, only about 4 episodes before I was bored and couldn't go on. If you like the vampire genre then I'd give it a try, but I think my real problem is I've never liked anything in the vampire genre, it's never spoken to me.

[ETM]
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I've always despised the vampire genre and wasn't really looking forward to True Blood. It's not the vampires that keep me watching. Or the hot women, before someone else says it. It's just... fun. Well acted, well made show that keeps you watching.

Ezee E
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm just loving the weird mix of characters and genre. Horror, comedy, soap opera. Only through two episodes though.

But, yes, Anna Paquin is smokin.

[ETM]
05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
But, yes, Anna Paquin is smokin.

It's shallow and juvenile, but her tight outfits from day one frequently made me think about... bounciness and perkiness. It was almost too much when she got naked right out of the blue.

Acapelli
05-27-2009, 01:48 AM
I'd say no, but I didn't give it a full chance, only about 4 episodes before I was bored and couldn't go on. If you like the vampire genre then I'd give it a try, but I think my real problem is I've never liked anything in the vampire genre, it's never spoken to me.
i'm with etm, can't say i ever found vampires all that intriguing, and it's definitely not the vampires that make me want to keep coming back for more

number8
05-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Has anyone seen the BBC show Ultraviolet?

Winston*
05-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Has anyone seen the BBC show Ultraviolet?
Yeah, it's great. Much better than True Blood.

number8
05-27-2009, 07:23 AM
My first reaction would be to say yes, but I don't think it'd be fair, given the different approach. Still, just saying that compelling vampire drama exists.

Screw Buffy.

Thirdmango
05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
i'm with etm, can't say i ever found vampires all that intriguing, and it's definitely not the vampires that make me want to keep coming back for more

Well after 4 episodes it wasn't the acting or anything else that kept me watching.

Russ
05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Have been itching to see this and I went to Blockbuster to rent the DVDs and they were all gone. Just came out this week, must be pretty popular. Then I went to Best Buy and found one last copy of True Blood - Season 1 on the shelf, ridiculously overpriced at $55. But Best Buy had it on sale for $40. And I had a Best Buy rewards coupon for another $15, which made the set $25. That's cheaper than anywhere I can find online and approximatley the same price that it would have cost to rent the five discs...if they had been in stock.

True Blood marathon this weekend!

:pritch:

Ezee E
05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Finished the second disc today. Love the painting of Bush sucking the blood out of the Statue of Liberty in Fangtasia.

What an entertaining show.

number8
05-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Finished the second disc today. Love the painting of Bush sucking the blood out of the Statue of Liberty in Fangtasia.

What an entertaining show.

Alex Ross! You haven't seen that painting before?

Ezee E
05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Alex Ross! You haven't seen that painting before?
Never. Thought it was hilarious.

number8
05-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Never. Thought it was hilarious.

Ah, well, he painted it during the 2004 election. It's quite famous, especially after they made it into a t-shirt. But I suppose people wearing that is more endemic here than it is in Colorado.

Ezee E
05-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Ah, well, he painted it during the 2004 election. It's quite famous, especially after they made it into a t-shirt. But I suppose people wearing that is more endemic here than it is in Colorado.
We're a blue state now.

But Denver is no San Francisco. Not even close.

Spinal
05-31-2009, 06:26 AM
Couldn't even make it through the first episode. Absolutely terrible.

[ETM]
05-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Couldn't even make it through the first episode. Absolutely terrible.

Okay.:pritch:

Spinal
05-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Theme song is the best part of the show by far. Man, love that song.

Hugh_Grant
06-01-2009, 12:56 PM
And Homicide.

But not Heroes.

Is there a current television show Zeljko Ivanek hasn't been on? Dude gets a lot of freaking work. He's awesome, BTW. Glad he won an Emmy last year.

Mara, I had the same reaction to Stephen Root's appearance.

[ETM]
06-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Is there a current television show Zeljko Ivanek hasn't been on? Dude gets a lot of freaking work.

Looking at his IMDB profile... no. There is no current TV show he wasn't on. Insane. No wonder he always looks tired, I bet he never sleeps.

number8
06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
The funny thing is, I first discovered him in Homicide, right -- I saw him in 24 first, but it didn't really register -- and ever since, I've always looked at all his work as being the same guy.

SPOILERS FOR HIS CHARACTERS BELOW

In Homicide, he looks normal when he first appeared as a DA. Then his fiance is killed while shopping for a wedding gown. His character starts looking more tired and prone to snapping, and by the end of the series he's grayed.

Then in Oz, he's an asshole governor who looks like he's on coke or something. I figured he went from DA to politics and works non-stop for personal gain. He develops the bags under his eyes. Then he's shamed so he retires from politics.

Then he married Juliet on LOST, and they got divorced, making him a greedy and vindictive manchild.

So he returns to being a lawyer, but in a private firm, in Damages, defending a billionaire. His previous divorce with Juliet makes him gay. And after blackmailed by Patty, he kills himself.

So he ends up as king of the undead, where he can have all the gay sex he wants, as a vampire in True Blood.

Russ
06-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Eh, it was alright I suppose. I had no idea, tho, that HBO had started to churn out more...disposable product than what we're used to.

[ETM]
06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Eh, it was alright I suppose. I had no idea, tho, that HBO had started to churn out more...disposable product than what we're used to.

I would disagree. It's the base material and the setting, but I don't see how it's more disposable than almost anything they did.

Russ
06-06-2009, 12:16 AM
;170872']I would disagree. It's the base material and the setting, but I don't see how it's more disposable than almost anything they did.
Seriously? When I compare it to other HBO shows like Deadwood, The Wire, Carnivale, Rome, etc...well, it was a bit of a letdown, let's say.

Winston*
06-06-2009, 02:59 AM
I watched the whole first season. Still don't think it's something. Find the whole thing pretty stupid and the only main character I like is Lafayette. If I'd had to download the show instead of just watching it on TV, I probably wouldn't have continued. Stephen Root was easily the best part.

[ETM]
06-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Seriously? When I compare it to other HBO shows like Deadwood, The Wire, Carnivale, Rome, etc...well, it was a bit of a letdown, let's say.

Well, sure. But disposable? I appreciate it for what it's trying to do. It's like blaming Rocky for not being the Godfather. I meant - nothing wrong with the acting, direction, writing's on the level, looks great, strong casting for all characters... but it's about a bunch of hicks and based on a pulpy vampire novel franchise. I mean, it's as good as it gets if you're into that sort of thing, and I applaud HBO and Ball for trying out something a bit different.

Ezee E
06-06-2009, 05:55 AM
I'll put this in front of what I saw in Carnival and Rome, but it doesn't have a thing on Deadwood, The Wire, or Sopranos.

But I'll keep on watching.

amberlita
06-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Trailer for Season 2. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcYJAS5YBcg&feature=related) Didn't see it posted. Starts in a week!

Milky Joe
06-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Sweet.

Russ
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I will say this: for all the weaknesses of the plotting/writing/some of the acting, it is a pretty darn addictive series, much in the way crack cocaine or junk food is addictive. You know it's probably not good for you, but you look forward to that next bite anyway.

And btw, I didn't see Lafayette in that Season 2 preview. :sad:

[ETM]
06-12-2009, 05:54 PM
You know it's probably not good for you, but you look forward to that next bite anyway.

Nice pun.

And btw, I didn't see Lafayette in that Season 2 preview. :sad:

Of course not. That's kind of the point of a teaser, ain't it? They wouldn't want to explain the cliffhanger in a trailer.

megladon8
06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I ordered season one.

The thought of both Lizzy Caplan and Anna Paquin naked was one I just couldn't pass up.

Plus, I hate to admit it, but the Charlaine Harris books are a guilty pleasure of mine.

EvilShoe
06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Season two premiere was pretty good

Lafayette lives!! :pritch:
Naked Anna Paquin
Eric!

[ETM]
06-15-2009, 04:01 PM
That was indeed great. I laughed my ass off when Eric appeared.:lol:

trotchky
06-16-2009, 04:40 AM
This show has a really good opening credit sequence.

[ETM]
06-16-2009, 06:14 AM
This show has a really good opening credit sequence.

Almost perfect, actually. I never skip it.

trotchky
06-16-2009, 08:35 AM
;174202']Almost perfect, actually. I never skip it.

Me either. I'm nine episodes in, so far, and the credits have been my favorite part of just about every one of them.

Mara
06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Finally caught the season 2 premiere. My favorite parts:

Bill explaining the recycling system, and Eric getting highlights. That's pretty much all you need to know about either character.

Mara
06-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Holy ratings, fangman. (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/true-blood-ratings-fangstastic.html)

Milky Joe
06-17-2009, 06:32 AM
This show is so much smarter than it gives itself credit for. So metaphysical. I love it.

trotchky
06-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah it's really awesome so far. I still have to catch the last three episodes of season one and then I'll finally be able to check out the season two premiere.

megladon8
06-17-2009, 01:33 PM
First episode of the show was great. Really enjoyed it.

Seems a little too soap-opera like, but I'm sure I'll get used to that aspect of it.

Great adaptation of the first Sookie Stackhouse novel, too. Cut out all the crap, kept in the great concepts that were there.

Really like the cast so far, too.

Ezee E
06-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Going to finish the first season tomorrow. Liking it a lot. Lafayette is probably the best thing about the show.

Ezee E
06-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Finished the season. Definitely going to keep watching this show. Loved how the final episode of season one was basically a huge teaser for all of season two.

Really curious what they'll be doing with the new girl vampire.

Milky Joe
06-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but knowing Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are an item IRL just makes it that much hotter. It's just nice to know that all that chemistry isn't going to waste.

thefourthwall
06-22-2009, 03:26 AM
So that's how Lafayette gets to stick around.

trotchky
06-22-2009, 07:12 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but knowing Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are an item IRL just makes it that much hotter. It's just nice to know that all that chemistry isn't going to waste.

I concur.

Mara
06-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm only 12 minutes in, but I have to mention how awful the dialogue is sometimes. Bleh.

Mara
06-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm only 12 minutes in, but I have to mention how awful the dialogue is sometimes. Bleh.

It doesn't help that whats-his-name can't act. The guy I always complain about.

Um.... Mehcad Brooks. That's him.

Dear Hollywood: Please stop casting this man. Being handsome does not mean you should have a career. Thank you.

Mara
06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
What's the hymn (or is it a hymn?) playing in the background when Sookie looks at the picture of her grandmother?

Mara
06-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Jessica's impression of Bill was spot-on.

Qrazy
06-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I like HBO. Should I watch this?

Mara
06-22-2009, 07:55 PM

I'm not sure if you'd like it. It's kind of trashtastic.

Qrazy
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure if you'd like it. It's kind of trashtastic.

Hrm unless it's really funny than unlikely.

Mara
06-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Hrm unless it's really funny than unlikely.

It is occasionally quite funny.

Also, pretty girls get naked.

Qrazy
06-22-2009, 07:59 PM
It is occasionally quite funny.

Also, pretty girls get naked.

Urge to watch rising.

Ezee E
06-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Urge to watch rising.
Pretty girls get naked frequently

Qrazy
06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Pretty girls get naked frequently

I was hoping/assuming that underline was a hyperlink. Don't tease me that way.

[ETM]
06-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I was hoping/assuming that underline was a hyperlink. Don't tease me that way.

I can do that...

Pretty girls get naked frequently (http://anonym.to/?http://rapidshare.com/files/244755154/JB_AP_TB_S02E01_HQ_720.avi).

Mild spoilers.

Ezee E
06-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Last night's episode has made me love this show. I'm amazed that they can handle so many characters so well, some of which have their own human problems. I'm seriously interested in every character's direction, and it's on such a high level that I can't even pick a favorite.

What's great is how they're taking time with these characters as well. Too many shows would try and throw in the werewolf right away, or want to explain stuff, or use the foreshadowing immediately (the silver ring for Stackhouse).

Strong work.

Thirdmango
06-24-2009, 10:36 PM

I really didn't like the first six episodes but I seem to be in the minority.

Lucky
06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm six eps in (picked up Season 1 yesterday) and I am completely digging this show. I want to watch right now but I promised my friend I woudn't go on without him.

Russ
06-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm six eps in (picked up Season 1 yesterday) and I am completely digging this show. I want to watch right now but I promised my friend I woudn't go on without him.
Halfway though, eh? You're gonna love the rest as it definitely continues to pick up steam and get better as it goes along.

Milky Joe
06-29-2009, 06:56 AM
SHE'S THE DOG!!!

Mara
06-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Two minutes in to the current episode: I hate Sookie. I hope someone EATS her.

[ETM]
06-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Two minutes in to the current episode: I hate Sookie. I hope someone EATS her.

You're so much fun when you talk dirty.;) But yeah, convenient plot device to get her where she needs to be in the script - pointless tantrum.

The rest of the episode, however - oh my.:eek:

Mara
06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
If I was to list one main, overriding problem with this show, it would be that most of the forward momentum is driven by pointless tantrums.

Mara
06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
STEPHEN!

Mara
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Ha! Even Jessica-bitch is no match for the niceness of my man Hoyt.

Mara
06-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Hoyt might be my new Hurley.

Kurious Jorge v3.1
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Also started on the series. After 4 episodes I am heartily enjoying it. It's silly and cheesy but I can't stop watching.

amberlita
06-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I loved the Jessica and Hoyt stuff. Their exchange during Wii made me think of you Mara, the way you said the dialogue can be so terrible sometimes (it can).

Hoyt: "Don't be embarrassed about what you are. Cause what you are....is great."
Jessica: "You think I'm great?"
Hoyt: "I like you. I like you a lot."

hrmm.

[ETM]
06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Heh, I was so annoyed by crude product placement, it didn't bother me one bit.

Milky Joe
06-30-2009, 01:04 AM
I loved the Jessica and Hoyt stuff. Their exchange during Wii made me think of you Mara, the way you said the dialogue can be so terrible sometimes (it can).

Hoyt: "Don't be embarrassed about what you are. Cause what you are....is great."
Jessica: "You think I'm great?"
Hoyt: "I like you. I like you a lot."

hrmm.

I actually liked that scene/dialogue, especially how it was handled by the actors. It rang true to me. You should quote some of the dialogue between Bill and Sookie in that car if you want terrible dialogue.

"If I could glamour it away for you... I would."

Acapelli
06-30-2009, 02:15 AM
;179281']Heh, I was so annoyed by crude product placement, it didn't bother me one bit.
it wasn't the first time the wii's been featured prominently on the show

trotchky
06-30-2009, 04:19 AM
I think this show marks the first time in television history where the question "Hey, did you have that exorcism?" is cause for coitus interruptus.

[ETM]
06-30-2009, 12:11 PM
it wasn't the first time the wii's been featured prominently on the show

Haha! I know. But this was pushing it.

Mara
06-30-2009, 12:34 PM

This scene actually caused me to be snarky out loud. I said: "Oh, seduction by wii! That's so sweet. And by sweet I mean lame."

But it could have been worse. He could have awkwardly wrapped his arms around her, as they tenderly clutched the controller, and the Mario Kart music swelled in the background.

trotchky
07-01-2009, 05:25 AM
Finally caught up on all the episodes. Season 2 is great so far. Sookie is still the most boring person on the show.

Ezee E
07-01-2009, 05:31 AM
Isn't it weird how most of the "main characters" in TV shows are generally the most boring ones, as they are simply the median character that connects everyone.

[ETM]
07-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Sookie is still the most boring person on the show.

I hear that she's much worse in the books, so I gladly accept boring.

trotchky
07-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Isn't it weird how most of the "main characters" in TV shows are generally the most boring ones, as they are simply the median character that connects everyone.

This is true, and I was thinking of qualifying my post with something like "not that it should be unexpected."

[ETM], what have the books got to do with anything? I don't care about the books. This is television. I'll accept boring because the rest of the characters are pretty rad, and because some themes are starting to show themselves like fishing line through the sludge and murk of a lake covered in sludge and murk, but not because the character in the books it was adapted from was boring.

[ETM]
07-01-2009, 03:16 PM
[ETM], what have the books got to do with anything? I don't care about the books. This is television. I'll accept boring because the rest of the characters are pretty rad, and because some themes are starting to show themselves like fishing line through the sludge and murk of a lake covered in sludge and murk, but not because the character in the books it was adapted from was boring.

I meant - they pulled a lot from the source material, and Sookie is quite a bit different, in a good way. I don't think she's boring in the show, it's just that at this stage the other stuff is fascinating. Also, season two is shaping up to be a pretty cool vehicle for her abilities so it can only get better.

trotchky
07-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Ah, okay. I get you.

trotchky
07-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Guys I'm pretty enthused about the fact that a new episode is airing tonight.

amberlita
07-06-2009, 12:53 AM
but a new episode is not airing tonight. i'm pretty unenthused about it.

trotchky
07-06-2009, 02:58 AM
I posted that from one week in the future.

Ezee E
07-06-2009, 04:06 AM
I really have no idea where any character will end up either. I like that.

Mara
07-09-2009, 06:35 PM
ETM's girlfriend posted a sex scene from one of the books at another forum, and goodness, that crap is bad.

thefourthwall
07-13-2009, 05:02 AM
What the heck is Maryann? All my fantasy and mythic lore is failing me.

I'm loving the addition of Jessica; she makes for a fun character now that she's not so whiny.

trotchky
07-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Does anyone know how I would go about watching shows on HBO as they are airing, rather than waiting for them to become available "on demand"?

Ezee E
07-13-2009, 12:26 PM
What the heck is Maryann? All my fantasy and mythic lore is failing me.

I'm loving the addition of Jessica; she make for a fun character now that she's not so whiny.
Mary Ann is apparently a Maenad. Look it up. Basically follows everything she's doing. Love her character, even if she's done the same thing three weeks in a row now.

Everything's working well still. We know that people are getting curious about Mary Ann, so something's bound to happen.

thefourthwall
07-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks, E!

Mara
07-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Either the episode ended abruptly, or my stream cut off. Did the episode end with

Sookie running down the hall after the bellboy?

Milky Joe
07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
pretty sure it did :)

amberlita
07-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Anyone else feel like that was a really weird episode? The filming style felt completely different from the first few episodes. I can't quite put my finger on it but the strange close-ups, exaggerated and almost cartoonish scenes with awkward transitions, the dark tone was gone in exchange for damn near goofiness. Plus the acting is getting worse and worse with each episode. Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin in particular were horrendous in some scenes, both completely losing their accents for entire exchanges and....bleh I can't describe this very well. But I damn near hated that episode after loving the first 3.

Mara
07-14-2009, 01:08 AM
It was somewhat weak, but there was a cool bit with Eric's arms.

Eric was on the screen, and his arms were there, and it was awesome. Other stuff may have happened to, but I doubt it was very important.

trotchky
07-14-2009, 01:17 AM
I really liked it.

amberlita
07-14-2009, 01:20 AM
An hour of Eric sitting around brooding in a black razorback t-shirt with his massive wingspan on display while he watches The Voyage of Sinbad....I would have enjoyed that a million times more than the episode that actually aired.

trotchky
07-14-2009, 01:37 AM
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq356/Chanterais/Askars/2air79x.gif

Mara
07-14-2009, 01:46 AM
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq356/Chanterais/Askars/2air79x.gif

This is the high point in my quickly-going-to-crap evening.

[ETM]
07-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Transition episode. I really enjoyed the humor, and there was nothing notable wrong with the direction. Although, I do get Mara's complaints over whatshisname - that was the least convincing sex scene in history, including all of porn, and that's something.

Ezee E
07-14-2009, 03:39 AM
Weirdest line in the episode: "I'm going to throw you through the window. Which is closed."

Milky Joe
07-14-2009, 03:43 AM
The funniest thing about that was Sookie's response: "That is just rude!" I also liked, "If you die I'm going to be really pissed."

number8
07-14-2009, 07:30 AM
I don't know why I liked this exchange:

"I hope you enjoy your blood substitute. It cost me $45."
"Oh, I have no intention of drinking it. I just want you to pay for it."
"Very mature."

Something about the sassy modern dialogue being spoken in olden tongue just appeals to me.

trotchky
07-14-2009, 07:39 AM

"Very mature."

Something about the sassy modern dialogue being spoken in olden tongue just appeals to me.

I concur.

Mara
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
;183746']Although, I do get Mara's complaints over whatshisname - that was the least convincing sex scene in history, including all of porn, and that's something.

I have blocked this from my memory. Why does he keep getting work?

Ezee E
07-14-2009, 12:35 PM

"Very mature."

But that one was at least funny. The window one was just odd.

amberlita
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
But that one was at least funny. The window one was just odd.

Yeah that was a very clunky line. The most excruciating was this though:

Eric: "The healing elixir that is my thousand year old blood."

Bleh. Not even Alexander Skarsgard could save that line from the void of ridiculous.

Mara
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Bleh. Not even Alexander Skarsgard could save that line from the void of ridiculous.

Maybe if they'd let him say it in Swedish.

amberlita
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Maybe if they'd let him say it in Swedish.

Then the Swedish viewers would suffer. :)

[ETM]
07-14-2009, 02:19 PM
You're too picky, people.:P I thought Eric was wall to wall hilarious. He's got many agendas, and even when he's being goofy, there's always the feeling he's doing it on purpose because he's plotting.

Acapelli
07-14-2009, 08:04 PM
I have blocked this from my memory. Why does he keep getting work?
i just realized this is the same guy from dollhouse that you didn't like

:lol:

Mara
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM
i just realized this is the same guy from dollhouse that you didn't like

:lol:

Yeah, I hate him there, too! But I hated him on Desperate Housewives first. I watched most of the first season thanks to a devoted roommate, and even within such a mediocre show, he was a flaming wall of suck.

Milky Joe
07-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Who the heck are you talking about anyway?

[ETM]
07-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Who the heck are you talking about anyway?

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z69/giovannif7/TB-Eggs.jpg

Ezee E
07-15-2009, 03:45 AM
;184199']http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z69/giovannif7/TB-Eggs.jpg
Seems like a character that's gotta get killed at some point. I don't see any reason he'd stay around much longer.

Milky Joe
07-15-2009, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure he's even real. He certainly hasn't been too offensively terrible, though that sex scene pretty much was.

[ETM]
07-15-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure he's even real. He certainly hasn't been too offensively terrible, though that sex scene pretty much was.

I'm leaning towards him being the pig. But that may be just wishful thinking.