PDA

View Full Version : School of Rock 2: America Rocks

Saya
07-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Paramount Moving Forward with School of Rock 2 (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46838)

We previously mentioned that Mike White had finished and turned in the script for a School of Rock sequel. It sounds like Paramount Pictures liked what they saw.

According to Variety, the studio is moving forward with the sequel that has Jack Black attached to reprise his role as rock star wannabe/substitute teacher Dewey Finn. Richard Linklater is attached to direct again, and Scott Rudin is returning as producer.

The follow-up, titled School of Rock 2: America Rocks, picks up with Finn leading a group of summer school students on a cross-country field trip that delves into the history of rock 'n' roll and explores the roots of blues, rap, country and other genres.

The original was a box office hit for the studio, costing just $30 million to make and earning $131 million worldwide.

Loved the first one and I will definitely check this one out.

Dukefrukem
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
i'll def be seeing this. Loved the first one as well.

MadMan
07-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Since Jack Black is coming back for the sequel my interest in seeing it is high. The first one was pretty darn good, and Black's performance in it was awesome.

Morris Schæffer
07-14-2008, 10:23 PM
A rather cliché premise, but the kids were great and the love for Rock and Roll just exploded off the screen. I'll see a sequel for sure.

Yuzna's Cufflinks
07-15-2008, 05:41 AM
I likely won't catch it. Not my cup.