PDA

View Full Version : Venus or Serena?

Spinal
07-03-2008, 07:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/joel_harmon/serena_venus1.jpg

Not who you think will win in the Wimbledon final, but who do you want to win? I'm including no 'none of the above' option. You are forced to choose one or the other.

Personally, I'm not a fan of either really, but Serena really irritates me. I prefer Venus.

Benny Profane
07-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Serena's got some serious boulders.

Venus rhymes with penis.

Serena for the win.

Morris Schæffer
07-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Venus. But what on earth possessed you to start this poll? Are you a tennis fanatic? Or a closet admirer of bubbelicious booty?

So did the Chinese girl loose? Man, I was really rooting for her.

Spinal
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
But what on earth possessed you to start this poll?

Jesus. I was inspired by Jesus. Got a problem with that?

Saya
07-03-2008, 08:18 PM
So did the Chinese girl loose? Man, I was really rooting for her.

Yep, she lost the tie-break in the second set. Serena's service was unstoppable. Still, it's a great result for Zheng.

Milky Joe
07-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I think the more pertinent question is, Federer or Nadal?

Lasse
07-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Caroline Wozniacki.

No, seriously, I vote Venus for the reasons that Spinal listed.

Ashley
07-05-2008, 03:13 AM
I think the more pertinent question is, Federer or Nadal?I'm a huge Roger Federer fan, but Nadal pretty much terrifies me. However, Federer seems to be a little ticked off by all the media types basically being ready to start writing his career obituary, so I'm hoping he'll be able to use that as motivation (just in case he didn't have enough already). Hell, I'm pretty sure Brad Gilbert said on ESPN the other day that if he loses this tournament he'll never be Number 1 again, which is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Still, if he's going to lose I'd rather it be to Rafa, whom I actually quite like, than Djokovic, whom I can't stand.

As for this poll, I'm hoping for Venus but predicting Serena.

Milky Joe
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
My thoughts pretty much exactly, Ashley. Gilbert's comment is especially ridiculous considering Roger's already got the #1 ranking secured into the hard court season, even if he loses tomorrow. I feel confident that Fed will bring his A-game tomorrow and take the title in 4 tough sets. Rafa did look somewhat vulnerable against Schuettler in the semi-finals. And I soo agree with you about Djokovic (not to mention his family). It was great fun watching Federer take him apart in Monte Carlo. It was a beating so comprehensive that Djokovic gave up! It seems his mother opened her mouth a little too soon when she said that Djokovic would "never lose to Federer again" after the Aussie Open.

Ashley
07-06-2008, 01:18 PM
My thoughts pretty much exactly, Ashley. Gilbert's comment is especially ridiculous considering Roger's already got the #1 ranking secured into the hard court season, even if he loses tomorrow. I feel confident that Fed will bring his A-game tomorrow and take the title in 4 tough sets. Rafa did look somewhat vulnerable against Schuettler in the semi-finals. And I soo agree with you about Djokovic (not to mention his family). It was great fun watching Federer take him apart in Monte Carlo. It was a beating so comprehensive that Djokovic gave up! It seems his mother opened her mouth a little too soon when she said that Djokovic would "never lose to Federer again" after the Aussie Open.Pretty much my favourite on court moment of the season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fB5Tp-FGU)

Saya
07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Anyone watching the Federer - Nadal final? What an amazing match! Federer just won the 4th set after a very intense tiebreak. Final set starts now.

Milky Joe
07-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah this is pretty unbelievable. I thought Roger was done at 3-3 in the first set... and then at 5-2 in the fourth set tiebreak... approaching 4 hours, both these guys deserve it. I hope they can finish tonight, they said they're expecting 20 minutes of rain but we'll see about that.

Saya
07-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Yep, one advantage for next year is that the roof on the stadium will be done so they can continue playing even if it rains.

They just showed the last couple points from the tiebreak in the 4th set again and it doesn't get much better than that. Those crosses were just :eek:

Milky Joe
07-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Indeed. These two are playing the game at a level far beyond anybody else. It looks like they're back on court now! They've got about an hour of light left, more than enough time to finish, barring anymore showers.

Saya
07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
This is insane. What a legendary match.

Saya
07-06-2008, 08:15 PM
*faints*

Saya
07-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Nadal wins! 4-6 4-6 7-6 7-6 7-9

Milky Joe
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Absolutely amazing, that was. It kind of makes Bill Simmons look like an idiot (http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3446552), though.

dreamdead
07-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I started watched after the 4th set tiebreak. Pretty incredible shift of events, though I believe Federer will still be abe to consistently Nadal on grass for the next couple years...

Morris Schæffer
07-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, that was pretty insane. I've skipped the last few Wimbledon finals, but decided to see this one. The experts seemed to think that this year Nadal really had a chance. I guess they were right and I made the right choice. It'll be a real bitch going out on the court tomorrow and thinking I'll be able to perform some similar shit.

Ashley
07-07-2008, 03:11 AM
I just finished watching (I had to work today and recorded it). I'm happy for Rafa, heartbroken for Roger, and utterly exhausted from the roller coaster of it all. Tennis doesn't get any better than that.

Saya
07-07-2008, 10:35 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/07/article-1032627-01DEFFE500000578-371_468x676.jpg